daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #881
Olabil
student
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oslo, Bangkok
Posts: 716
Likes (Received): 57

I guess most of you guys are aware of this, but I post it anyway as it made a big impression on me. Im talking about a documentary that i saw couple of days ago about poor cambodians being driven from their land because of the property boom going on.

The program is called Unreported world - Selling the killing fields. You can watch it from youtube here:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttV2HkIMFlM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AnN7...eature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFRx...eature=related

As I know some documentaries seems to see the story from one side I would like to hear what your opinion is on this. As that is said, there is no doubt that the goverment is overacting here and I which that all foreign investers could be aware of this problem before they invest in Cambodia.
Olabil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #882
kvaaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: melbourne, florida
Posts: 983
Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olabil View Post
I guess most of you guys are aware of this, but I post it anyway as it made a big impression on me. Im talking about a documentary that i saw couple of days ago about poor cambodians being driven from their land because of the property boom going on.

The program is called Unreported world - Selling the killing fields. You can watch it from youtube here:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttV2HkIMFlM
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AnN7...eature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFRx...eature=related

As I know some documentaries seems to see the story from one side I would like to hear what your opinion is on this. As that is said, there is no doubt that the goverment is overacting here and I which that all foreign investers could be aware of this problem before they invest in Cambodia.
Cambodia needs to be modernized. Clearing slump dwellers is one way to do that . It is just unfortunate that people had to be moved. Beung Kak and Dey Krohom are two examples of filthy areas that need to be cleaned up also in order to modernize the city. I have no problem with what the government has been doing. In fact I am very appreciative of that.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #883
Rudravarman
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Providence
Posts: 511
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvaaa View Post
Cambodia needs to be modernized. Clearing slump dwellers is one way to do that . It is just unfortunate that people had to be moved. Beung Kak and Dey Krohom are two examples of filthy areas that need to be cleaned up also in order to modernize the city. I have no problem with what the government has been doing. In fact I am very appreciative of that.
^Agree! I totally support the movement! Those people actually have no land titles to that land what so ever! And once Boeung Kak lake is developed and dey krohom is developed it's gonna look beautiful! There shouldn't be any slums in the city in the first place! It's not attractive to the eyes!
Rudravarman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #884
LuvKhm3r
Asian kid
 
LuvKhm3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phnom Penh
Posts: 1,464
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudravarman View Post
^Agree! I totally support the movement! Those people actually have no land titles to that land what so ever! And once Boeung Kak lake is developed and dey krohom is developed it's gonna look beautiful! There shouldn't be any slums in the city in the first place! It's not attractive to the eyes!
I'm in the middle because what would you do if it happen to you?
I want phnom penh to look beautiful like any other city in world. On the other hand, I don't want the goverment have to force the people out of their home. It not fair to the poor people. I understand that the land wasn't their in the first place, but the goverment have made the laws that "Anybody who have stay wherever they are they have the right to own the property."
LuvKhm3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #885
camtv03
camtv03
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 293
Likes (Received): 6

Anybody has a new update for GT 42, decastle or any other places? It has been very quiet lately. I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas and happy new year
camtv03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #886
NICALO
Registered User
 
NICALO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 117
Likes (Received): 1

Any update CAMKO City ? GT 42 ?
NICALO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #887
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

Here are some more project sites in cambodia http://www.mksinvestment.com/
khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:18 AM   #888
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpViZWavfE4
khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #889
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNYz5...eature=related
khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #890
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #891
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #892
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #893
khmer_angkor
Registered User
 
khmer_angkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: pursat
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njdGm...eature=related
khmer_angkor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #894
LuvKhm3r
Asian kid
 
LuvKhm3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Phnom Penh
Posts: 1,464
Likes (Received): 8

Thanks for the update
LuvKhm3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #895
kmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phnom Penh
Posts: 166
Likes (Received): 0

Every thing is more than you see but every thing is not like you see
i'm sorry for update i really want to show all new update but i'm so busy and thanks you all for update
kmr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:12 PM   #896
Rudravarman
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Providence
Posts: 511
Likes (Received): 5

Star River on 1-19-2010


Rudravarman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM   #897
kvaaa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: melbourne, florida
Posts: 983
Likes (Received): 43

I came across the following youtube videos relating to our current topic. It is a recent post. Lots of its content are nothting new to us. However, a few more pictures show details of what we have in our current posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTq0...eature=related
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #898
pung10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 90
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtv03 View Post
Anybody has a new update for GT 42, decastle or any other places? It has been very quiet lately. I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas and happy new year
Folks, can one of our Phnom Penh based members take & upload a latest pic of GT42! Many thanks in advance!
pung10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #899
Montrealboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 6

Phnom Penh Port

Montrealboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #900
sopheaktr
Registered User
 
sopheaktr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangkok - Phnom Penh
Posts: 451
Likes (Received): 23

Here I've got very lastest pics of phnom penh and its construction, enjoy!
credit to: sylyvann


CAMKO





Gold Tower 41



__________________
๏ | www.sopheak.net | ๏
sopheaktr no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu