daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 28th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1361
Rachna

Likes (Received): 1

It would be nice, If we have a forum talking as the way of discussing on the topic of Cambodia Politic. The way of " discussing or discussing group " is very good! I hope our friends know the key words of discussing group.
Good Khmer friends!
Rachna no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #1362
Rachna

Likes (Received): 1

I will visit Sieam Reap then Phnom Penh during Khmer new year. I will take as many photos as i can for posting in Phnom Penh: Development & Constructions. I hope I can share with all of you. But I don't know whether they allow us to take photo of those construction or not. Can our friends here share some ideas about the issue?
Rachna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1363
Somrach
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

woo seen it's many high rise up !
Somrach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #1364
YSovann

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRkhmer View Post
Hi, all friends here!
I'm not a Hun Sen supporter but I realize that Hun Sen now he walking on the right direction, you know some country their deverloping from the city to countryside but Hun sen now he deverloping from countryside to the city, so even phnom penh grow a lot high building for some rich peoples or foriengner to buy it but the farmer still very poor that's good for Cambodia??
Some country their farmer grow rice 2years= 7times but cambodia farmer grow rice just 1 year= 1time or some area got inought water they do it 2times.
And some country their farmer working like machine but still poor! So if Hun sen keep doing more raod or water system to the countryside sure our farmer will be better or become rich!
This is what I should compare ! Why Cambodia can't move faster if 85% of Cambodian are farmer???? And they become rich???

Cambodia farm land is more than peoples!!!!!!
Laurent invests $1.6m in rice factory
WEDNESDAY, 24 MARCH 2010 15:00 CHUN SOPHAL

LAURENT Import Export Company has invested US$1.6 million to build a factory to polish and package rice for export in Battambang Province’s Thma Koul District.

Lim Bun Heng, president of Laurent Import Export Company, said Tuesday that his company plans to build a factory able to process 300 tonnes of rice per day.

Construction will begin in August and be completed in December, Lim Bun Heng said.

“We hope that when the factory is built, the company will be able to export rice in larger amounts into international markets,” Lim Bun Heng said.
Pho Sambo, head of the Industry Office of Battambang’s provincial Department of Industry, Mines and Energy, said Tuesday, that 10 rice-processing factories have been built in the province.

“We support all projects to build such factories in the province, both at present and in the future, because we want our potential fragrant-rice products to be exported in larger quantities in the future,” he said.

Cheam Chan Sophorn, director of the province’s Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, said Battambang remains the country’s leading producer of paddy rice, but it lacks modern processing equipment needed for heavy export.

“I think that if the province has enough modern equipment and factories to process quality rice, rice exports will increase,” he said.

Battambang farmers harvested a total of 760,000 tonnes of paddy in 2009 and 2010 — 730,000 tonnes of rainy-season paddy and 30,000 tonnes of dry-season paddy — according to the provincial Agriculture Department.

Lim Bun Heng said his company processed and sold 14,000 tonnes of rice in 2009, 4,000 tonnes for export. The company plans to process about 25,000 tonnes of rice in 2010, he said, with 10,000 tonnes slated for export.
YSovann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #1365
YSovann

Quote:
Hi, all friends here!
I'm not a Hun Sen supporter but I realize that Hun Sen now he walking on the right direction, you know some country their deverloping from the city to countryside but Hun sen now he deverloping from countryside to the city, so even phnom penh grow a lot high building for some rich peoples or foriengner to buy it but the farmer still very poor that's good for Cambodia??
Some country their farmer grow rice 2years= 7times but cambodia farmer grow rice just 1 year= 1time or some area got inought water they do it 2times.
And some country their farmer working like machine but still poor! So if Hun sen keep doing more raod or water system to the countryside sure our farmer will be better or become rich!
This is what I should compare ! Why Cambodia can't move faster if 85% of Cambodian are farmer???? And they become rich???

Cambodia farm land is more than peoples!!!!!!
Laurent invests $1.6m in rice factory
WEDNESDAY, 24 MARCH 2010 15:00 CHUN SOPHAL

LAURENT Import Export Company has invested US$1.6 million to build a factory to polish and package rice for export in Battambang Province’s Thma Koul District.

Lim Bun Heng, president of Laurent Import Export Company, said Tuesday that his company plans to build a factory able to process 300 tonnes of rice per day.

Construction will begin in August and be completed in December, Lim Bun Heng said.

“We hope that when the factory is built, the company will be able to export rice in larger amounts into international markets,” Lim Bun Heng said.
Pho Sambo, head of the Industry Office of Battambang’s provincial Department of Industry, Mines and Energy, said Tuesday, that 10 rice-processing factories have been built in the province.

“We support all projects to build such factories in the province, both at present and in the future, because we want our potential fragrant-rice products to be exported in larger quantities in the future,” he said.

Cheam Chan Sophorn, director of the province’s Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, said Battambang remains the country’s leading producer of paddy rice, but it lacks modern processing equipment needed for heavy export.

“I think that if the province has enough modern equipment and factories to process quality rice, rice exports will increase,” he said.

Battambang farmers harvested a total of 760,000 tonnes of paddy in 2009 and 2010 — 730,000 tonnes of rainy-season paddy and 30,000 tonnes of dry-season paddy — according to the provincial Agriculture Department.

Lim Bun Heng said his company processed and sold 14,000 tonnes of rice in 2009, 4,000 tonnes for export. The company plans to process about 25,000 tonnes of rice in 2010, he said, with 10,000 tonnes slated for export.
YSovann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #1366
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

Likes (Received): 0

I wish phnom penh to have more skyscraper too but since no any new project was come better I show some of my idea, how if forienger can own the property in our country while most of Cambodian are poor and don't think foriengner really like to stay in our country much, so mean skyscraper grow up but not much and not fast.
The only one way to make our city deverloping with so many skyscraper... is to make our peoples get more income so when they become rich they will looking at least a flat house in phnom penh so once they visit phnom penh no need to stay in hotel,.
Only Khmer love Khmer, don't expect so many foriengner will come and stay with us...,! But come without passport .., yes so many!
MBRkhmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #1367
kvaaa

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopheaktr View Post
yes, but most of them are SHIT,
they were brainwashed by the west
they dont know the how the locals feel
they just want to transform not to do
they just blame and blame and blame
as a result most of them die there!
Sopheakr,

You just hit the nail on the head!!
I am so sick of ignorant Cambodians living abroad who make no effort to take advantage of the opportunities given to them. In stead, they go to listen to politicians who came to give them lectures about how bad Cambodian leaders are. They listen to politicians lecturing them about how the Vietnamese are running the country. They think Cambodia needs to be like the US or France or Canada or whatever country they grow up in. They have no concept of Cambodia or the people living in it who try to make just enough to survive on a daily basis. Cambodians need to do what is best for Cambodia and not what is best for the dictating country!!! We are not strong enough to dictate any terms with regard to our neightboring countries, but I see we are doing a respectable job managing the situations.
kvaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1368
kvaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadster93 View Post
OMG, this got to be the most stupid comment on here. This coming from a (Cambodian???) member that last year told me not to post projects that were set to be completed on Koh Pich. He said that those images that I posted were only concepts and that I shouldn't post them on this thread yet he wants people to post images of Vietnamese cities???/ That is so freakin' reeeeeetttttaaaaarrrrreeeddddd!!!! If you want to see images of Vietnam then go visit the Vietnamese forum.
I appologize if I came across to you as being rude or ignorant, but I sincerely do want to know and learn about our neightboring countries as much as I can.
I don't mean to see pictures of Vietnamese cities flooding our board. Once in a while, our Vietnamese friends can put a few pictures in our board just to let our Cambodian people have a better understanding of the economic realities of our neightbor to the east. That was all I intended to see from our vietnamese friends joining our boards.
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #1369
kvaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDragons View Post
If you guy care about the people, can you sponsor the organiztion called Poverty Aid for Cambodia, run by my khmer language teacher in Australia. 100% of donations go to building wells and providing for the needy. Those guys are still nonetheless Cambodian nationals please assist them
You are starting to do something really special here. Calling out for help for those less fortunate than ourselves is the ultimate patriotic thing you can do.
if people living abroad can do something to help those less fortunate in Cambodia, this board will do more than it was intended. I don't think anyone in here will object to your idea.
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #1370
kvaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris7 View Post
Your country is beautiful.I want to travel in the future. I think everybody should respect every country, culture, language...
I agree with you 100%. When you visit, bring a lot of friends with you.
We need our Vietnamese friends to come to our country and have fun and hopefully this will help improve our tourism.
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #1371
KlaKhmer

Quote:
Your country is beautiful.I want to travel in the future. I think everybody should respect every country, culture, language...
Thank cris7. I agree too.

LOL Kvaaa. I post at the same time than you.
KlaKhmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #1372
kvaaa

Quote:
Hi kvaa, my friend you very support Hun Sen do you know what's he doing???? Why I can't compare phnom penh or Cambodia to other country???
Yes. He is working very hard to find countries that are willing to:
1. Buy Cambodian rice
2. Invest in Cambodian Agriculture
3. Invest in Cambodian real estate
4. Invest in Cambodian infrastructure
5. Invest in Cambodian tourism
6. Invest in Cambodian communications and transportations
7. Accept Cambodia as a full democracy
8. Support Cambodia's effort to defend its territorial integrity

Need I say more??

Last edited by kvaaa; March 28th, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1373
KDean

Likes (Received): 0

First of all, i want to thank anyone who first created this forum of Cambodia Projects and Construction. What i know about it is to Share the news of investment projects or development in CAMBODIA on this one IS JUST FOR CAMBODIANS who want to know about everything have developed in Cambodia.We do not compete with other cities or countries. Our country is just start being developed.Please support our country. We would like to thank all local or foreigner investors who make their besiness in Cambodia We happy to see you all in Cambodia.Thank all friends who try your best to share the information you know to all of us. especially for Cambodians who live oversee.
OUR GOVERNMENT IS WALKING IN THE RIGHT WAY TO DEVELOP THE COUNTRY. BE PATIENT TO SEE THE CHANGE IN THE FEW MORE YEARS

Last edited by KDean; March 28th, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
KDean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1374
kvaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachna View Post
I will visit Sieam Reap then Phnom Penh during Khmer new year. I will take as many photos as i can for posting in Phnom Penh: Development & Constructions. I hope I can share with all of you. But I don't know whether they allow us to take photo of those construction or not. Can our friends here share some ideas about the issue?
There are a lot of development in Siem Reap and Sihanoukville (Kom Pong Soam) that we are not aware of. Any pictures showing those development will be appreciated by all of us in this forum.
Old March 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #1375
cris7

Likes (Received): 49

I think Campodia will become stronger soon. I have some Taiwanese friends who told me , they are starting to change their factory from VN to Campodia. There are a lot of chances to invest in Campodia. And I really respect your country when your government have a rule to stop getting married with foreigner. VN have same problem but my government didn't do anything. I am so disappointed.
cris7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #1376
Rudravarman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
I think Campodia will become stronger soon. I have some Taiwanese friends who told me , they are starting to change their factory from VN to Campodia. There are a lot of chances to invest in Campodia. And I really respect your country when your government have a rule to stop getting married with foreigner. VN have same problem but my government didn't do anything. I am so disappointed.
About the foreign marriage thing I'm impress by Hun Sen! He actually did the right thing! I don't like Koreans at all to be honest ( I'm sure most in Cambodia agree with me too ) but I know that Hun Sen got no other choice because they help capitalize our economy! But after we become strong we will stop using them and build back our own country by ourselves! About Koreans making a big impact in Cambodia I doubt thats going to happen in the future because my people are really tied to our traditional culture and history and we want to keep our blood-line as pure as possible! China will always be Cambodia's #1 partner! With a population of only 14 million the last thing we should do is mix with other race! VN have over 80 million and I think it's good for you guys to mix with them or marry them because it will help diversify both country!

Last edited by Rudravarman; March 28th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Rudravarman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #1377
KlaKhmer

Quote:
Yes this is a question of time. I'm sure Cambodia will change a lot in the next ten years. The country is very poor for now (because of his past : war); don't forget Cambodia has opened his door for tourism only in 1997 when it found stability. Today, we see first Skyscrapers and all part of the country are projects "under construction". Cambodia has a great potential to develop faster for the future.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1378
kvaaa

Quote:
Based on what you said about the Taiwanese companies coming to invest in Cambodia, I saw evidence of that. I heard about a Taiwanese company building a shoe factory that will employ 10,000 employees. One major competetive disadvantage that Cambodia has is the population and human resources to be specific. Major international companies don't want to come to Cambodia for reasons such as corruptions, lack of human resources, high cost of electricity, lack of adequate infrastructure and high cost of transportation. Our human resource development is not up to international standard. Hopefully, somedays Vietnam will be like China that it will start to invest in Cambodia due to low labor cost. I think we Cambodians should not discriminate against anybody based on race or nationalities. As long as they want to invest in our country and doing it with sufficient transparency, I will welcome that.

Last edited by kvaaa; March 28th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #1379
Rudravarman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by follyfolly View Post
Don't know very much about it but as far as the pictures are concerned, Phonm Penh seems wealither look:

Hanoi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanoi

Phnom Penh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phnom_Penh

Loads of Zeng architectures and such are they?

Hanoi is wealthier than Phnom Penh! Phnom Penh just started building it's skyscraper about two years ago! Hanoi started like 15 years ago!
Rudravarman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #1380
KlaKhmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudravarman View Post
About the foreign marriage thing I'm impress by Hun Sen! He actually did the right thing! I don't like Koreans at all to be honest ( I'm sure most in Cambodia agree with me too ) but I know that Hun Sen got no other choice because they help capitalize our economy! But after we become strong we will stop using them and build back our own country by ourselves! About Koreans making a big impact in Cambodia I doubt thats going to happen in the future because my people are really tied to our traditional culture and history and we want to keep our blood-line as pure as possible! China will always be Cambodia's #1 partner! With a population of only 14 million the last thing we should do is mix with other race! VN have over 80 million and I think it's good for you guys to mix with them or marry them because it will help diversify both country!
I don't share these feeling Rudravarman. I never heard critics about South Korean in Cambodia until theses marriage incident.

Look the history of Cambodia with USA, France, China, Vietnam ... All these countries could be criticized. We can blame them all more than South Korea (I do not hate any of these countries even I know the history) I have nothing to critics SKorea except this incident.

SKorea bring us help to develop our country. It bring us employement and share technology. I heard by media and my friends, who are not only khmer, China bring loans to Cambodia. This is good. But this money is used to pay chinese workers in Cambodia. Technology is not shared too. I regret it.

In the future, I hope Cambodia continue to have good ties with both China and Korea