daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM   #1861
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMacau View Post
What is the building on the left?
The said building is this one. And in the project picture has it's name in khmer but Rachna already said in English.

MBRkhmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM   #1862
Rachna

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRkhmer View Post
Not only me, you too don't know about this Booyoungkhmer..KDean
[IMG]http://i39.************/29qfosl.jpg[/IMG]
Rachna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM   #1863
Rachna

Paros Mekong Project infront of the Royal Palace.
[IMG]http://i42.************/35cmtyr.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1864
Rachna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMacau View Post
Mekong Condominium
2010/5/2
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1865
AsianDragons
Oz-Asian

Likes (Received): 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachna View Post
Council Minister and International Meeting Building (Asian meeting and other big government meeting in Cambodia will make in this building), proposed by Mr. PM., and the finished one is Council Minister of Cambodia. Both building funded by Chinese Gov.

Cambodia Gov. is going to build the Second Groy Changva bridge (twin Groy Changva bridge).
is the second chroy changva bridge parallel to the previous or is it else and have they start putting barriers yet.
AsianDragons no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM   #1866
Rachna

Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1867
NICALO

Thank you for sharing guys ! can't wait to see all those building finish
NICALO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM   #1868
Fil_Expat

I just got home from a 4 day visit to Cambodia, 2 days in Phnom Penh and 2 days in Siem Reap. It's a very beautiful country and the people are so wonderful and friendly. I'm planning to visit again before the end of the year. Best wishes to all Cambodians.
Fil_Expat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:22 PM   #1869
LuvKhm3r
Asian kid

Likes (Received): 8

Wow, thanks guys! I can't wait to visit Cambodia, Phnom Penh has change alot since the last time I was there.
LuvKhm3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:17 PM   #1870
Asian
In the br i g

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Council Minister and International Meeting Building (Asian meeting and other big government meeting in Cambodia will make in this building), proposed by Mr. PM., and the finished one is Council Minister of Cambodia. Both building funded by Chinese Gov.

Cambodia Gov. is going to build the Second Groy Changva bridge (twin Groy Changva bridge).
If I remember correctly from reading the Phnom Penh Post or other news (but I am not sure, I could be wrong), our PM does not like the design of the newly finished Council of Ministers building that was funded by the Chinese government. So, he proposed to build a new one, which is the one on the left and it is funded by partly the Vietnamese government and our Royal Cambodia government, not the Chinese (again I could be wrong and I can't find the article that I read to back up). You never know if there is more than just a design that our PM does not like. There may be a very sentitive issue involved. Whatever it is the reason, I don't like the design of the it. It looks boring and so normal. The one on the right looks more modern and much better, too me at least.

Nice to hear that the Sroy Changva bridge will be twined. When will it be started?
Asian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #1871
KDean

Good photos, Thanks.

Last edited by KDean; May 5th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
KDean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1872
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

I like all design as long as they build it in Cambodia.

But the most is Khmer modern architecture here.

Old May 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #1873
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

Chruoy changvar project delayed
TUESDAY, 04 MAY 2010 15:00 SOEUN SAY

Completion of the16-storey Mekong View Apartment has been pushed back to June this year after the company failed to finish by April, an official said on Monday. The US$5 million development project is a 3,000-square-metre block in Chroy Changvar commune. Bun Ches Groups Co Ltd assistant to the managing director Kann Suy Eang said the global financial crisis is not affecting project development. “We spent a lot of time working on the construction quality and decoration, which is why we are not on schedule,” he said. “We have enough finances to [finish], and we will complete everything in June this year.” He said the company has already sold 80 percent of the 116 units, which range between $US85,000 and $250,000 per unit.
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #1874
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

Fly over bridge which has been built in May 2009 now has
nearly completed its construction.The remaining work is the
building of small parks under the bridge*which will finish on 27
May.
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #1875
sonyan

Quote:
How come there's a girl running on the bridge. This is dangerous.
sonyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1876
sonyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRkhmer View Post
I like all design as long as they build it in Cambodia.

But the most is Khmer modern architecture here.

Where is this project located?
sonyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1877
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1109155

This picture I just only copy from our Cambodia forum this picture was post by our friend, So if you want to know more about this project please visit the above thread. Thanks!

I like it ! Hope you all like it too !
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM   #1878
KDean

I LOVE IT ,THANKS.

Last edited by KDean; May 6th, 2010 at 06:12 AM.
KDean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #1879
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia

Foreign property law sparks new sales
WEDNESDAY, 05 MAY 2010 15:00 SOEUN SAY

A TAIWANESE housing development company has sold 50 percent of its Phnom Penh project since the National Assembly approved the foreign ownership law last month, an official at Two Town Co said Tuesday.

Two Town Co sales manager Un Mouy said foreigners have been the sole buyers for the company’s project, Bali Resort & Apartment, in the capital’s Dangkor district.

“Once the law was passed, it paved the way to attract foreigners to buy our apartments. It is the right time and a good time to invest in housing development – that’s why we started to build,” she said.

Un Mouy said she believes the strong sales to date are a positive sign for the co-ownership law’s impact. The law allows foreigners to own property, so long as it is not on the ground floor of a building.

“All of my clients are from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia,” she said, and added that most were Taiwanese directors and garment factory owners working in Cambodia.

Bali Resort & Apartment is being developed in three phases – three apartment blocks – with the first phase slated for completion by April 2011.
Each block is eight storeys high and has 84 units. Prices per unit range from US$45,000 to $100,000.

Un Mouy declined to disclose the budget for the development, but said the company has invested a lot of capital already.

She said the second phase will begin after the first phase is complete.

The site for the project covers more than 1 hectare in Ka Kab commune, Dangkor district, about a kilometre from Phnom Penh International Airport.

Lao Tip Seiha, director of the Construction Department at the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction, said the law was very important in attracting foreign investors and developers to Cambodia by making them more confident to invest in the construction and property sector.

“I hope the law helps improve the construction and property sector,” he said. “But I do think that the construction sector is still showing good signs despite being affected by the global economic crisis.”

President and CEO of Bonna Realty Group, Sung Bonna, added: “The law on foreigners owning buildings will attract more investors to the Kingdom. I hope it will make demand and supply on the real estate market more active.”

Old May 8th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1880
MBRkhmer
Welcome to Cambodia