daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #261
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Dubai International - world's fastest growing airport in 2007

Dubai International, the aviation and cargo centre of the Middle East and the world's emerging hub, was the world's fastest growing airport in 2007 in terms of international passenger throughput with a growth of 19.31 per cent.

The airport handled a total of 34.34 million passengers, well over the projected 33 million for the year.

The record growth is likely to propel Dubai International higher on ACI's (Airports Council International) list of the world's busiest airports (in terms of international passengers). In 2006 Dubai International was ranked 10 on the list with a passenger throughput of 28.78 million.

The high growth rate in passenger throughput registered in 2007 means that for the sixth consecutive year, Dubai International has maintained an average growth rate of well over 15 per cent.

In 2007, August was the busiest month for the airport in terms of passenger figures with 3.28 million passengers, while October recorded the highest growth rate at 29.92 per cent. For the first time in the airport's history, monthly passenger throughput crossed the 3 million mark thrice during the year, while it was above 2.5 million for each of the remaining nine months. The average passenger movement per day at Dubai International is 95,000.

The overall growth in 2007 resulted in increased aircraft movement at Dubai International, registering an increase of 9.81 per cent. The airport handled a total of 260,530 movements in 2007 as against 237,258 in 2006. The busiest period for the airport in terms of aircraft movement was in December with over 23,309 aircraft movements. On an average, there are 725 aircraft movements per day at Dubai International.

HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) and Chairman of Dubai Airports, said 'Dubai International's growth is a reflection of Dubai's robust economy, and its rising popularity as an international commercial and tourism hub. It is also a clear sign of our intent and vision for the future of the aviation sector in Dubai.'

'Dubai International's continuing success is a result of the dedication and teamwork of one and all at Dubai Airports and our strategic partners, and an achievement for all of us to take pride in,' he said. Sheikh Ahmed added that passenger throughput at Dubai International is expected reach 40 million in 2008.

Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports, said,

'While the airport's record growth in 2007 is an accomplishment, it is also the source of the many future challenges we at Dubai Airports must prepare for. As a commercial entity, Dubai Airports intends to further speed up the overall growth rate of Dubai International, and, in the near future, of Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International, while at the same time improving our customer service levels.'

'The opening of the new Terminal and associated facilities later this year means we will have the operational capacity to handle the increasing passenger throughput at Dubai International. Meanwhile we are currently working to maximize the use of our physical infrastructure to optimise the airport's performance.'

Mohammed Ahli, Director General of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, and CEO, Air Traffic Services (ATS), said one of the major reasons behind Dubai International's sustaining a high growth rate for over half a decade is Dubai's open skies policy.

'We have had new airlines joining us periodically, thanks to Dubai's envious position as the region's best connection, and our destination network has also expanded rapidly especially in recent years. In 2007 the list of airlines serving Dubai rose to 120, seven more than in 2006, while our network now has 205 destinations,' he added.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #262
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

So dubai airport is already as big as Munich airport, wich also handled 34 mio in 2007...

Not bad
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #263
Canadian74

Likes (Received): 1

Most of the pax at DXB are connecting pax.
Canadian74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #264
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw View Post
Dubai International, the aviation and cargo centre of the Middle East and the world's emerging hub, was the world's fastest growing airport in 2007 in terms of international passenger throughput with a growth of 19.31 per cent.

The airport handled a total of 34.34 million passengers, well over the projected 33 million for the year.

The record growth is likely to propel Dubai International higher on ACI's (Airports Council International) list of the world's busiest airports (in terms of international passengers). In 2006 Dubai International was ranked 10 on the list with a passenger throughput of 28.78 million.

The high growth rate in passenger throughput registered in 2007 means that for the sixth consecutive year, Dubai International has maintained an average growth rate of well over 15 per cent.

In 2007, August was the busiest month for the airport in terms of passenger figures with 3.28 million passengers, while October recorded the highest growth rate at 29.92 per cent. For the first time in the airport's history, monthly passenger throughput crossed the 3 million mark thrice during the year, while it was above 2.5 million for each of the remaining nine months. The average passenger movement per day at Dubai International is 95,000.

The overall growth in 2007 resulted in increased aircraft movement at Dubai International, registering an increase of 9.81 per cent. The airport handled a total of 260,530 movements in 2007 as against 237,258 in 2006. The busiest period for the airport in terms of aircraft movement was in December with over 23,309 aircraft movements. On an average, there are 725 aircraft movements per day at Dubai International.

HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) and Chairman of Dubai Airports, said 'Dubai International's growth is a reflection of Dubai's robust economy, and its rising popularity as an international commercial and tourism hub. It is also a clear sign of our intent and vision for the future of the aviation sector in Dubai.'

'Dubai International's continuing success is a result of the dedication and teamwork of one and all at Dubai Airports and our strategic partners, and an achievement for all of us to take pride in,' he said. Sheikh Ahmed added that passenger throughput at Dubai International is expected reach 40 million in 2008.

Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports, said,

'While the airport's record growth in 2007 is an accomplishment, it is also the source of the many future challenges we at Dubai Airports must prepare for. As a commercial entity, Dubai Airports intends to further speed up the overall growth rate of Dubai International, and, in the near future, of Dubai World Central - Al Maktoum International, while at the same time improving our customer service levels.'

'The opening of the new Terminal and associated facilities later this year means we will have the operational capacity to handle the increasing passenger throughput at Dubai International. Meanwhile we are currently working to maximize the use of our physical infrastructure to optimise the airport's performance.'

Mohammed Ahli, Director General of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, and CEO, Air Traffic Services (ATS), said one of the major reasons behind Dubai International's sustaining a high growth rate for over half a decade is Dubai's open skies policy.

'We have had new airlines joining us periodically, thanks to Dubai's envious position as the region's best connection, and our destination network has also expanded rapidly especially in recent years. In 2007 the list of airlines serving Dubai rose to 120, seven more than in 2006, while our network now has 205 destinations,' he added.
Hmmmm.... A NEW post without any pictures of the airport is pointless!!!
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #265
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

34.5 million. exactly what i thought it would be. great news
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #266
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18186

Not surprising. Connecting passengers count as 2 per leg.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #267
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian74 View Post
Most of the pax at DXB are connecting pax.
Good point, but if only Toronto's Pearson Airport could duplicate this business success story. They've shot right passed us. Toronto's ascendency to world hub status still seems like a distant dream.

isaidso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #268
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11253

Dubai to set up low-cost airline

Dubai to set up low-cost airline
26 Mar 2008 11:52 AM
THEEDGEDAILY

KUALA LUMPUR: The emirate of Dubai plans to rope in the Emirates Group to help to set up a low-cost airline with its own brand and identity to serve the Gulf region.

In a statement yesterday, the Emirates said the government of Dubai’s plan would lead to the formation of a new company that would operate a low-cost airline model.

Emirates group chairman and chief executive Sheikh Ahmed Saeed Al-Maktoum has been appointed chairman of the new low-cost airline, while its executive vice-president for commercial operations, Ghaith Al Ghaith, is named the chief executive of the new entity.

Initially the new airline would operate regionally within the Gulf Cooperation Council area and surrounding countries.

“Emirates will assist in the formation of Dubai’s new low-cost airline up to its first flight. I am confident that with Ghaith as the CEO, this new airline will be very successful,” Sheikh Ahmed said.

Al Ghaith will relinquish his role at Emirates in the near future.
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #269
Luka

Likes (Received): 2831

I can only imagine a cramped 800 seat all economy A380
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #270
ddes

Likes (Received): 929

In airliners.net, it doesn't seem it is cramped A380s but rather the typical A320/B737 types...
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #271
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
I can only imagine a cramped 800 seat all economy A380
I don't think it matters how many people are on the plane, just how much room you have for your own personal seating. I'd probably rather be on an 850 seat A380 than a 50 seat CRJ-200. I love the look and the sound of the CRJ-200 but that has to be the most uncomfortable ride I've been on.

Next time I fly I'll try to get on a CRJ-200 to see what the **** was going on but the first and only time I was on a CRJ-200 I felt like I was in prison sitting next to a fat man. At the time I didn't know what type of plane it was until a few months later when I did some research. I never knew there would be a plane I wouldn't like.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #272
jamesinclair

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I don't think it matters how many people are on the plane, just how much room you have for your own personal seating. I'd probably rather be on an 850 seat A380 than a 50 seat CRJ-200. I love the look and the sound of the CRJ-200 but that has to be the most uncomfortable ride I've been on.

Next time I fly I'll try to get on a CRJ-200 to see what the **** was going on but the first and only time I was on a CRJ-200 I felt like I was in prison sitting next to a fat man. At the time I didn't know what type of plane it was until a few months later when I did some research. I never knew there would be a plane I wouldn't like.
I dont know any gate that can comfortably handle 850 passengers. For some reason, Ive never been to an airport that has enough seats for 200 people, nevermind larger planes.
jamesinclair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #273
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

That's an interesting point. Usually just for people to get on a 737, A320 or MD-80 people take up enough room to spill over to other gates.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 02:25 PM   #274
ddes

Likes (Received): 929

One thing to note is that passengers are not always early. For some reason, they may be later than the others, either because they checked in late, took too long at duty free or came from a very tight connection.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM   #275
dlouval
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

DXB/DWC | Dubai-Area Airports

This thread is for Dubai Airport International. Im surprised so far nobody created it.

Please post news, photos and information here
dlouval no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #276
juzzy

Likes (Received): 20

Dubai Terminal 3

Hey everyone. If anyone has pics of current status of terminal 3 or any info please inform
juzzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #277
juzzy

Dubai international airport terminal 3

Hey everyone. If anyone has pics of current status of terminal 3 or any info please inform
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #278
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

They have made it exactly like Terminal 1.....basically an extension of that...
U should be looking forward to the new airport they r making in Jebel Ali that is scheduled to open in 2009.....
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #279
juzzy

i saw the plans for that airport, gonna be massive!! but will only be complete by 2017. I hope the terminal 3 is open? flying there in 2 months and dont wanna be bussed to terminal, and anyway terminal 1 is chaos, they really need the extra space
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #280
silicon

Likes (Received): 518

hi my friend we want to see good shoots,, i cant see pictures whats wrong??

"pero bueno vale,para que amargarse"
"pero bueee, que se va a hacer?"
"pero buee, pa`lante es pa alla"
"al mal tiempo buena cara"
------------------------------------------------------------
silicon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, dubai, emirates, south asian hub airport