daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #281
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1333

he hasnt posted any..

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #282
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

I just came from Canada using Dubai Airport Terminal 1 and it wasn't bad at all!

They said that Terminal 3 will open by August but I think it will be exclusivly for Emirates.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #283
juzzy

Likes (Received): 20

So if it is exclusively for emirates does that mean that all emirates flights will arrive and depart from terminal 3 or will they use terminal 1 aswell
juzzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #284
juzzy

I'm looking for photos myself i cant seem to find any latest ones yet thats why i asked...
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #285
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

Airliners.net
jetphotos.net
planepictures.net
flickr.com

Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #286
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Only Terminal 3
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #287
juzzy

interior of terminal 3

construction

Old July 30th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #288
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 663

How is this different from the other thread called "dubai airport" created by the same user/forumer?
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #289
juzzy

I stuffed up whilst setting up the thread, dont know how to delete the other 1?
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #290
juzzy

what are the specs of terminal 3, It looks bigger than terminal 1. Ive booked a ticket to dubai on emirates for later this year but still reflects terminal 1? thats why i wanted to know if terminal 3 will be exclusively for emirates
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #291
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14302

great airport!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #292
KB

Likes (Received): 6845

KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #293
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14302

nice video!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #294
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Good point, but if only Toronto's Pearson Airport could duplicate this business success story. They've shot right passed us. Toronto's ascendency to world hub status still seems like a distant dream.

Toronto is in one corner of the world.....it does not have the potential to be a world hub (Canadian hub yes, but not world hub)....add to that the complicated immigration/aviation laws in North America....I am sure they r enterprising but there are 3 things that matter first and foremost in the aviation business and they r Location, location and location!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #295
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6409

/\

The main reason for Toronto's slow growth are their very high landing fees, which are the world's highest except for the major Japanese airports.

But back to DXB. It looks like they are still growing at a very high rate. In the recently released figures of the passenger numbers of the first 5 months of the year they have climbed to rank 21 and passed such airports as San Francisco and Miami and they will most likely even move past Singapore this year.

http://www.airports.org/cda/aci_comm...18-222_666_2__
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #296
devilsadvocate

Likes (Received): 79

It has passed more than a year without any news?!

Anybody?
devilsadvocate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #297
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by delores View Post
its actually an enviromental disaster. Can you imagine the pollution around here? then ontop of that they plan on building a city too. Not very smart, these people will in the future complain and stop an expansion programms the airport has (not that it needs to). Maybe Dubai should be looking at other transport methods instead of investing in fossil burning aeroplanes.
Air travel is the cleanest for of transport!!!

As your Scottish airport to the world, you can fly direct from Glasgow to 120 worldwide destinations, more than any other Scottish Airport. As well as listing all flights and destinations on offer from Glasgow's Airports, you can also view all the latest news and see a full list of all new routes on offer from Glasgow. You can also view our tourist guide to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city.
GlasgowMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #298
HasanB

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
It has passed more than a year without any news?!

Anybody?
As a skywards member i recently recieved an email from emirates airlines saying that their new terminal is up and running and that i would now be using this terminal should i travel with emirates. The following link was also given in the email:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...spx?cid=118724

Considering all the hype dubai usually gets im surprised nobody has written or posted pics about this yet!

HasanB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #299
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11253

Firm pulls out of Dubai airport project
Ivan Gale and Travis Pantin
Last Updated: April 16. 2009 7:39PM UAE / April 16. 2009 3:39PM GMT

A consortium of builders including Murray and Roberts of South Africa and Leighton of Australia have pulled out of a Dh4.9 billion (US$1.33bn) contract to build a third concourse at Dubai International Airport.

It represents the third major project loss for Murray and Roberts in the UAE since December as clients seek to renegotiate contracts to take advantage of declining construction costs and a continuing project finance crunch.

The joint venture, to provide facilities for the new Airbus A380 aircraft, also included Al Habtoor Engineering and Takenaka. It fell apart after four months of negotiations, following the award of the contract in December. The consortium and the Dubai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) concluded “a mutually acceptable contract is not currently possible”, said Murray and Roberts.

The DCA confirmed the news and said Concourse 3, a vital piece of infrastructure to serve Emirates Airline’s growing fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos, would still be delivered on time in 2011. It did not explain whether new contractors had been appointed or what steps it planned to take going forward. At present the airport has facilities at Concourse 2 to handle the planes.

“HMRT is one of a number of contractors involved in the construction of Concourse 3 at Dubai International and this development will not impact the completion date, scheduled for the end of 2011,” the DCA said.

This is the latest setback for several contractors in the consortium, and mirrors other examples in the construction industry where contracts have been renegotiated or cancelled.

Al Habtoor Leighton Group, a joint venture between Leighton International and Al Habtoor Engineering, stopped work in December on a Dh2.9bn deal to build the Trump International Hotel and Tower – also in partnership with Murray and Roberts – after Nakheel decided to suspend the project.

In January, Murray and Roberts said a contract had been terminated with Nass Corp of Bahrain to build the Salam resort in Bahrain. Two months later, the firm also lost its $525.5m contract for the construction of Tameer Towers in Reem Island.

Concourse 3 is being built for the near-exclusive use of the Airbus A380, which requires special facilities, including two contact gates for boarding. At the new concourse, 18 of 20 aircraft stands will accommodate the giant aircraft, of which Emirates Airline has four in operation and another 54 on order.

An Emirates official said the carrier had full faith the facility would still be ready on time.
“Concourse 3, with dedicated contact gates for A380 aircraft, is important for our future operations,” she said. “We keep in close dialogue with Dubai Airports on its development, and are confident it will be completed as planned.”

Al Habtoor Engineering, a Dubai company, and Murray and Roberts each have a 40 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Japan’s Takenaka has 20 per cent.
This latest contract loss comes as international construction and engineering companies struggle to fund their day-to-day operations while trying to overcome continuing late payment problems.

On Wednesday, W S Atkins, the UK’s largest engineering and design company, announced that delays in payments on its Middle-Eastern projects had forced the company to use £25 million (Dh136.9m) of its own cash to keep operations running during the past three months.

The firm, which designed Dubai’s Burj Al Arab and the delayed Trump International Hotel and Tower, recently made 170 of its Dubai staff redundant and laid off 1,200 workers worldwide as a result of the global crisis

“The UAE has some very significant contractors. They will be able to withstand difficult conditions. But there are some contractors who are hurting immensely,” said Sachin Kerur, the head of the Dubai office for Pinsent Masons, a law firm.

While some projects have been slowed to allow clients to find funding, several real estate developers and contractors are being forced to lengthen payment periods.

“We have to manage the business, try to keep it afloat. If that means requesting our supply chain to extend further credit or longer credit terms to help us manage it, then that’s what we have to do,” said Robert Goldie, the commercial director of Al Jaber Engineering and Contracting.

“We are stuck in the middle, between developers and the supply chain.”
Riad Kamal, the chief executive of Arabtec Construction, the largest construction firm in the UAE by market value, said he believed developers were likely to continue to be late on their payments through this year.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #300
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11253

Taken from UAE forum

[IMG]http://i41.************/2dljk9c.jpg[/IMG]

geometarkv liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, dubai, emirates, south asian hub airport