daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #401
ir desi

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
Hellllo!! Dubai money is not Abu Dhabi money! True, there is a form of federal spending, but Dubai is considered a wealthy emirate and contributes 10 or 20 % of the Federal Budjet. The poorer emirates get more federal spending.

Dubai has built itself by itself--not by Abu Dhabi's money! Dubai grew up independently of Abu Dhabi; its as if these two cities were part of two different countries.

You are just plain wrong. Period.
You might make more sense if your concluding statement ("You are just plain wrong. Period.") was actually supported by strong, comprehensive evidence instead of brief, unsupported, fly-by-night claims. It's as if you are screaming "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so". I'm not even commenting on whether your position is valid, just pointing out that your manner of arguing your position doesn't really encourage me to take your side.

I am not familiar enough with the Dubai system to claim subject competency, but from what I have read, it seems Dubai has an ambiguous relationship with Abu Dhabi and the UAE, and it is not possible to make a definitive statement without making shaky arguments. Although investment from many sectors of the world have propelled Dubai's growth, Dubai has a symbiotic relationship with its neighbor. Dubai will need to rely on its federal backup to skirt the potential disaster brought on by debts at 126% of Dubai GDP.

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about an airport?
ir desi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #402
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir desi View Post
Dubai will need to rely on its federal backup to skirt the potential disaster brought on by debts at 126% of Dubai GDP.

Well, perhaps now, it will require some Abu Dhabi money to survive the current downturn. But, my argument was Dubai grew IN THE PAST using its own resources--not Abu Dhabi's petrodollars. Dubai became what it is today not using Abu Dhabi's money. And that includes Dubai International Airport and Emirates--which were formed by the government of Dubai soley.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #403
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Dubai's airport is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

I love those gantrys for the A380!
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #404
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

For Everybody who thinks that Dubai won't make it.......

Dubai emerging leaner, stronger

Knowing the Dubai business world as I do ??? from major internationals to corner-shops, and from CEOs to taxi-drivers ??? I did not believe that these resilient people would lose heart to that kind of degree

Five months is a long time to be away from my home in Dubai ? my second home, that is ? and as we touched down at Dubai International, courtesy of Emirates airlines, (probably the best airline anywhere), I wondered if things had really got as bad as the scare-stories would have us believe.

For the world's media have certainly seized upon Dubai as the fallen idol of the Middle East ? once, they wrote, ?the byword for 21st century, futuristic architecture and unrivalled prosperity, the epitome of luxury and excellence' ? and now depicted as a ghost town of empty shops and restaurants, and huge deserted building-sites topped by motionless cranes, silent in the midday sun.

Knowing the Dubai business world as I do ? from major internationals to corner-shops, and from CEOs to taxi-drivers ? I did not believe that these resilient people would lose heart to that kind of degree.

Even the reported mass-flight of the expats sounded highly exaggerated. When our plane landed, I'd already made a note to look at the airport car-park. Was it really littered with abandoned Mercedes and Lamborghinis left over from the boom, as their owners fled home? Well, not that I could see!

Next stop was my usual check-in at the Royal Home Hotel Apartments in Bur Dubai. The view from my window showed the building site opposite, as unchanged, confirming the real-estate slump.

Then for lunch at Kamat Indian restaurant nearby where the manager said business was maybe down a little but was now steadily increasing again.

And then to work ? my first assignment was a presentation to Dubai Internet City Toastmaster's Group. No sign of pessimism here, instead a group of local business people full of enthusiasm for the growth of the local economy. Next stop will be to present at the Women in Leadership Forum at the Atlantis ...

Travelling back to the hotel along the Shaikh Zayed Road (noting in passing that the superlative, new Metro does not yet seem to have had much effect on the traffic congestion), my vision is inevitably dominated by the awesome Burj Dubai, due for completion in December.

The Burj is a symbol of everything Dubai stands for, and it truly represents the hope of the future. When I consider the sheer extent of the teamwork and technical expertise that must have gone into this great engineering miracle, I am reassured that Dubai has what it takes to survive the recession and emerge triumphantly.

For it is not just Emiratis whose vision is dominated by the Burj, but the whole astonished world. Don't believe what you may read abroad about Dubai failing to cope with its first recession. Dubai is emerging leaner and stronger ? a miracle of faith, planning and the genius of the vision of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

- The writer is a BBC broadcaster and motivational speaker, with 20 years experience as CEO of Carole Spiers Group, an international stress consultancy based in London.

Reality: Key points

- When you're away from Dubai, you can get a depressing view from the media

- My first day back in Dubai confirmed my belief in a resilient local culture

- The Burj Dubai represents the triumph of technology and close teamwork

http://gulfnews.com/business/opinion...onger-1.519122
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #405
Skyprince
Asian boi

Who cares whether Dubai or Abu Dhabi has more money ? Both belong to a hyper-rich state called the UAE !

Anyway, almost 20% rise in passenger numbers, thats cool.
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #406

Sorry for that, just trying to make a point to people who hates this city for no good reason.

Agree with passenger rise (good especially during the GFC).
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #407
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 2416

I agree with Dubaiiscool and Sky prince ,
History knows that Dubai is the last man standing.......its been standstill since its earlier approch to retail business of Gold , Spices.....to Jabel Ali Port . the port when nobody would ever imaging that it will became 3rd buisest port of the world after 20 years...Emirates became separates in 1987 and toady is 7th largest Airlines and planning for Al Makhtum Airport.....Pal Jumerah ...Burj Dubai....Metro are simply examples of extraordinary thinking and vision of Maktum Family and their Heirs.....many county ,city have history of centuries but Dubai was desert before 40 years....when you look past you know future of this city ....... the best is yet to come..go ...go ...go ..Dubai
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #408
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
Dubai emerging leaner, stronger

Knowing the Dubai business world as I do ??? from major internationals to corner-shops, and from CEOs to taxi-drivers ??? I did not believe that these resilient people would lose heart to that kind of degree

Five months is a long time to be away from my home in Dubai ? my second home, that is ? and as we touched down at Dubai International, courtesy of Emirates airlines, (probably the best airline anywhere), I wondered if things had really got as bad as the scare-stories would have us believe.

For the world's media have certainly seized upon Dubai as the fallen idol of the Middle East ? once, they wrote, ?the byword for 21st century, futuristic architecture and unrivalled prosperity, the epitome of luxury and excellence' ? and now depicted as a ghost town of empty shops and restaurants, and huge deserted building-sites topped by motionless cranes, silent in the midday sun.

Knowing the Dubai business world as I do ? from major internationals to corner-shops, and from CEOs to taxi-drivers ? I did not believe that these resilient people would lose heart to that kind of degree.

Even the reported mass-flight of the expats sounded highly exaggerated. When our plane landed, I'd already made a note to look at the airport car-park. Was it really littered with abandoned Mercedes and Lamborghinis left over from the boom, as their owners fled home? Well, not that I could see!

Next stop was my usual check-in at the Royal Home Hotel Apartments in Bur Dubai. The view from my window showed the building site opposite, as unchanged, confirming the real-estate slump.

Then for lunch at Kamat Indian restaurant nearby where the manager said business was maybe down a little but was now steadily increasing again.

And then to work ? my first assignment was a presentation to Dubai Internet City Toastmaster's Group. No sign of pessimism here, instead a group of local business people full of enthusiasm for the growth of the local economy. Next stop will be to present at the Women in Leadership Forum at the Atlantis ...

Travelling back to the hotel along the Shaikh Zayed Road (noting in passing that the superlative, new Metro does not yet seem to have had much effect on the traffic congestion), my vision is inevitably dominated by the awesome Burj Dubai, due for completion in December.

The Burj is a symbol of everything Dubai stands for, and it truly represents the hope of the future. When I consider the sheer extent of the teamwork and technical expertise that must have gone into this great engineering miracle, I am reassured that Dubai has what it takes to survive the recession and emerge triumphantly.

For it is not just Emiratis whose vision is dominated by the Burj, but the whole astonished world. Don't believe what you may read abroad about Dubai failing to cope with its first recession. Dubai is emerging leaner and stronger ? a miracle of faith, planning and the genius of the vision of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

- The writer is a BBC broadcaster and motivational speaker, with 20 years experience as CEO of Carole Spiers Group, an international stress consultancy based in London.

Reality: Key points

- When you're away from Dubai, you can get a depressing view from the media

- My first day back in Dubai confirmed my belief in a resilient local culture

- The Burj Dubai represents the triumph of technology and close teamwork

http://gulfnews.com/business/opinion...onger-1.519122
This is the worst article I've ever read. There are so many errors in the syntax. I can't imagine this coming from someone that contributes to the BBC.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #409
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post

Sorry for that, just trying to make a point to people who hates this city for no good reason.

Agree with passenger rise (good especially during the GFC).
I've noticed the "Dubai hate" elsewhere. I would put it down as jealousy

As your Scottish airport to the world, you can fly direct from Glasgow to 120 worldwide destinations, more than any other Scottish Airport. As well as listing all flights and destinations on offer from Glasgow's Airports, you can also view all the latest news and see a full list of all new routes on offer from Glasgow. You can also view our tourist guide to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city.
GlasgowMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #410
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
Who cares whether Dubai or Abu Dhabi has more money ? Both belong to a hyper-rich state called the UAE !
Skyprince!! Come on! Do u really think that? Its not u to say this :S
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #411
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg81 View Post
I suggest it would be wise to make such retarded comments after reading up on the socio-economic history on the formation of the UAE.The fundamental premise on which the trucial states (pre-UAE) were brought together under the UAE umbrella was when Sheikh Zayed (the father of the UAE) promised every state a share in the national oil wealth.This meant disembursement of oil wealth into building infrastructure,education,hospitals,airports...etc to all the states depending on the size of their economies and matters that needed urgent attention.It is a fallacy to think that only Abu dhabi contributes to the UAEs' piggy bank.Dubai however,having realized that it was not endowed with a black ocean under its carpet,set about pragmatically to re-gear its economy to that of commerce and trade which it has been doing so until now successfully.So,there is no Abu Dhabi,Dubai or Sharjah money,the UAE functions as a whole country and not piecemeal like how you'd like to think.Every Emirate is a piston without which the engine of the country can't function properly.So next time take your divisive and uneducated comments elsewhere.
Looks like you are one of those newbie highly paid Dubai expats who has no idea about how UAE works (outside wikipedia).....I have stayed most of my life there and know almost everything about the place!! Sheikh Zayed is long gone....and I hope and pray his wisdom carries over to the future generation of Rulers there!!

Do you know why Abu Dhabi set up its own airline in 2003 which was expanding in full swing till recently??? and why have they been slacking with regards to its growth now....??

Why is it that Dubai keeps reassuring that Emirates airlines will not merge with Etihad... and it is'nt other way round (which should be what makes sense)???
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/57161...emirates-chief

Why is it that Dubai airport keeps showing double digit growth figures when airlines seem to be cutting capacity around the world (even to and from Dubai)?

Why does the deadline for the new airport in Jebel Ali (I mean the 100% completion date) keep getting postponed...??

Why did the UAE federal Govt decide to set up a national railway and decide to call it ETIHAD railways???

and last but not the least why did they move the ownership of Emirates Airlines and DNATA to a new "government" company called DIC a year ago??

If you think it has all to do with the credit crisis then you are the uneducated one here, my friend!!...Check the Dubai airport forum in the UAE section, I am not the only one who thinks Dubai airport numbers are skewed.......

Halawala, Dubai was growing at a Steroid pace mostly on their own till 2007, but as you yourself mentioned, now for everything, even airports they require federal money...they are issuing $6.5 billion of Govt. bonds, but many people are skeptical of investing in Dubai (after the real estate crisis), the major reason being that the rules keeping changing constantly and like in many countries you can't make the Govt. accountable for your loss should such a situation arise....and I am surprised to see a Qatari make these comments...your country with 100 times more money has shown a highly commendable sustainable development, especially in Aviation...!!

I am not trying to divide the UAE....and I have nothing to do with the place right now, I even have way more respect for the leadership there than the ones in my own country....but these half-baked facts put up by many so called Dubai experts makes me laugh!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #412

Quote:
city_thing:This is the worst article I've ever read. There are so many errors in the syntax. I can't imagine this coming from someone that contributes to the BBC.
I can assure you that Gulf News is the most accurate English news company in the Middle East so they don't just make up stories....
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #413
Skyprince
Asian boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
Skyprince!! Come on! Do u really think that? Its not u to say this :S
Well I mean, there are billions of people living in poverty in the rest of world, but people still debating this tiny issue of whether Dubai or Abu Dhabi is richer/dependent on another, which I think, not important at all.

Sorry for off topic.
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #414

Quote:
killerk: Do you know why Abu Dhabi set up its own airline in 2003 which was expanding in full swing till recently??? and why have they been slacking with regards to its growth now....??
Emirates has been growing better then Etihad Airways( which is expesive) thats why its better ranked as the best airline in the Middle East.

Quote:
killerk:Why is it that Dubai airport keeps showing double digit growth figures when airlines seem to be cutting capacity around the world (even to and from Dubai)?
Dubai also had low passenger growth earlier this year but since June, it started to rise to double digit growth and when compared to the Dubai Index it's also started rising then which is just a sign of confedince returning Dubai as an investors oppertunity and Emirates also launched new flights and increased frequancy in some regions during the year so passenger traffic will obviously rise.Dubai is also expanding their Airport and thats even better prove that passenger traffic is rising....

Quote:
killerk:Why does the deadline for the new airport in Jebel Ali (I mean the 100% completion date) keep getting postponed...??
Its only been postponed once and construction is slow but if you look on google maps you will see the footprint of the airport terminal when zoomed out really far and recent reports suggests that the terminal has almost been finished according to Rashed Bugaraa the COO of DWC
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #415

Emirates begins flights to Luanda

Emirates airline launched its flights to Luanda in Angola, its 18th destination in Africa, yesterday.

The Dubai-Luanda service will operate three times a week. Emirates now serves Africa's two biggest oil exporters as it has already been serving Nigeria since 2004.

The new non-stop air-link also comes at a time of aggressive trade growth between Dubai and Angola. In 2004, non-oil trade between the two sides was about Dh235 million, according to statistics from Dubai World, the Dubai Government's investment arm. Last year that figure had leapt to more than Dh2.9 billion.

Joaquim Cunha, Director, Luanda International Airport, said: "Luanda 4 de Fevereiro Airport has been undergoing extensive modernisation and the inauguration of this new route means our efforts are bearing fruit."

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/...77178bfe5.aspx
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #416

Dubai Airshow eyes 10% rise in exhibitors

The number of exhibitors at this year’s Dubai Airshow is expected to grow by 10 percent despite the impact of the global economic crisis on the aviation industry, it was reported on Wednesday.

Show organiser F & E Aerospace said compared to world-famous shows such as Farnborough and Paris, Dubai's show, which starts on November 15, was growing "at a rapid rate".

“We have obviously not been immune to the economic situation. We haven’t had as many companies come back as we have done in the past, but we are growing at a rapid rate compared to some of the other shows, like Farnborough and Paris," said F & E Aerospace director Alison Weller in comments published by Arabian Supply Chain.

“Not only that, but a number of new companies have signed up to the show after witnessing the growth of passenger traffic in the Middle East, so they know this is an area to do business in and focus on, especially during the bad times,” she added.

The trade-only show was expected to be held at the new giant airport in Jebel Ali, Dubai, but due to ongoing delays the show has had to be relocated from Al Maktoum International Airport, back to its original home at Airport Expo.

“Some 850 exhibitors attended the show in 2007, and this is expected to reach around 900 by the opening day of the show,” Weller added.

However, the outdoor static display for 2009 is expected to be smaller than that at the previous show in 2007, a reflection of the economic downturn, Weller admitted.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/57185...-in-exhibitors
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:03 AM   #417
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 2416

What is position of Dubai Duty Free ...is it largest...
firoz bharmal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 02:59 PM   #418

IDEMITSU Lube Middle East and Africa inaugurates office in Dubai Airport Freezone

Idemitsu Lube inaugurated its office at the Dubai Airport Freezone at an event attended by top officials of automotive companies in the UAE and other guests.

On hand to inaugurate the Dubai office were Mr. Hiroshi Seki, Executive Officer & General Manager and Mr. Shoichi Tominaga, Assistant General Manager, both from the Japan office Lubricants Department, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. and Mr. Yoshinori Nagaoka, Managing Director of Idemitsu Middle East & Africa FZE, and Mr. Nasser Al Madani, Assistant Director General of Dubai Airport Freezone.

The Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. wholly owned subsidiary has chosen the Dubai Airport Freezone location to be fully accessible to air transportation in order to enhance the sale structure of lubricants in the Middle East and its neighbouring countries, including Africa. The newly established company will be targeting annual sales of 20m litres of lubricating oils till 2012.

"Over a quarter of the century, In spite of tough circumstances, we continue to grow the lubricant business in this region due to considerable support and patronage from our customers, partners & of course suppliers, we deeply appreciate Free Zone's great support which has made our company a meaningful presence in this region," said Mr. Hiroshi Seki.

"Idemitsu was founded in 1911 and since its foundation our fundamental principle which is 'Respect for human beings' has remained steadfast. Idemitsu`s business practices have their core values centered around the development of fellow human beings and the society at large."
He added that in line with this concept, Idemitsu considers employee to be a member of a big family, thus consolidating all employees into this big family in order to provide the best quality of service and goods.

Mr. Seki said Idemitsu is striving hard to be a truly global supplier,"In this global network, knowing that Middle East is one of the growing markets, we have established Idemitsu Lube Middle East & Africa so as to respond to the customer needs quickly. We thank Dubai Government and the Dubai Airport Freezone for their great support to establish this company."

Nasser Al Madani, Assistant Director General of Dubai Airport Freezone said:"We are proud and delighted to have Idemitsu Lube on board adding weight and value to list of multinational companies at the Dubai Airport Freezone that now exceeds 1450."

"Idemitsu lubricants shall remain one of the top clients who would enjoy our utmost assistance, care and full support to enable the company to achieve their business goals and pursue their strategic objectives."

Ganesan Mahadevan, idemitsu General Manager for Marketing and Sales said: " The purpose of the new company is to extend support and develop the genuine oil business with Japanese auto Distributors which will eventually benefit the quality of vehicles and long life of engines to customers.

"Investing in Dubai at this time shows the confidence of multinational companies in Dubai as their regional hub for the Middle East and Africa region."

Idemitsu is a leading oil company in Japan having wide range of business which includes mining, oil exploration, oil transportation and fuel stations, service stations, refineries and advanced electronics development.

http://www.ameinfo.com/214328.html
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM   #419

Flydubai's first foray into the former Soviet Union

Flydubai, Dubai's first low cost airline, will expand its network into the former Soviet Union for the first time on Friday, November 20, when it commences flights to the Azeri capital, Baku.
The flight, FZ705, will leave Dubai at 1935hrs arriving in Baku after a flight of 2hrs 55 minutes at 2230hrs local time. The return flight, FZ706, will depart Baku at 2330hrs and arrive back in Dubai at 0220hrs local time the following day.

Flydubai's CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, adds a new dimension to flydubai's network.

"Baku is our first route into Asia and a prime opportunity because of its rapid expansion as a business and tourism centre. There is currently only one other airline operating direct flights between Dubai and Baku so we anticipate strong demand for our service.

"Baku's recent economic tale is one of resurgence in the oil and gas industry and as a growing business centre at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe. It also possesses unique tourist attractions such as its Walled City, which became a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2000.

"The country is developing quickly and Baku has a reputation as a booming city with an extremely cosmopolitan population of around three million. While it is a bustling urban area, a short drive away is country landscape that has remained unchanged for centuries," he said.

"While the more well-known routes are a mainstay of flydubai's business, it is also our aim to open up the skies and fly to less established locations. We are providing more than just a service, we are providing opportunities," he added.

Azerbaijan is bordered by Russia to the north, Georgia to the north-west, Armenia to the west and Iran to the south. Baku is an ancient trading post with a colourful history including rule by the Persians and Peter the Great. At the beginning of the 20th Century, the Azerbaijan oilfields produced more than half the world's oil, an accolade only shared in history by the United States. The former Soviet state gained independence in 1991.

One-way fares to Baku from Dubai will cost from Dh300, which includes all taxes and one piece of hand baggage weighing up to 10kg. Flights can be booked on the website (flydubai.com), through the call centre (04 301 0800) and from travel agents.

The flydubai model is simple, with customers paying only for the services they want to receive. The price includes all taxes and one piece of hand baggage, weighing up to 10 kg, per passenger.

Passengers have the option to purchase checked-in baggage in advance at just Dh 40 for the first piece and Dh 100 for the second, weighing up to 32 kg, subject to availability. Checked baggage at the airport is also strictly subject to availability and passengers are advised to book online early to secure the space, as only pre-purchased baggage can be guaranteed.

A nominal payment of Dh 5 allows customers to select their seat and just Dh 50 secures the extra legroom positions. Bookings can be changed for a small fee, plus any difference in the fare, and food and drink can be purchased on board.

Flydubai operates from a modernised and enhanced Terminal 2 on the north side of Dubai International Airport.

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/...vietUnion.aspx
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #420

Emirates to add 17 flights to Asia Pacific routes

Emirates said on Wednesday that it plans to increase its footprint in Asia Pacific next month with growth on its Bangkok, Sydney, Manila and Jakarta routes.

Starting in December, the Dubai airline will introduce a fourth daily service to Bangkok, a third daily service to Sydney, two additional flights to Manila and one additional service to Jakarta.

A total of 17 flights per week will be added between December and January, representing 13 percent growth in seat capacity, the carrier said in a statement.

Post increase, the airline’s operation in Asia Pacific will increase to 187 flights per week.

Richard Jewsbury, senior vice president, Commercial Operations Far East and Australasia, said: “The Middle East is one of the few regions that continues to record steady traffic growth, demonstrated by an 8 percen expansion in passenger demand since the beginning of the year.

At the same time, Asian markets are rebounding with reports of resurgent traffic at key airports in the region. We are confident of seeing a recovery soon and are introducing additional capacity to serve the increasing demand.”

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/57251...pacific-routes

Tags
airport, dubai, emirates, south asian hub airport