daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects



Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #1
diehardbisdak
:D
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,006
Likes (Received): 1588

GENERAL SANTOS | Robinsons Mall [2F|com]

Gokongwei to build GenSan mall
Business World Online
26 June 2008


GENERAL SANTOS CITY — Construction of a P2-billion Robinsons Mall here has finally gained ground after years of delay.

"This is one of the biggest investments in the tuna capital of the Philippines in recent years. Its construction has just started," Avel O. Manansala, city hall media chief, said on Tuesday.

Located in an 8.5-hectare property acquired by the Gokong-weis years ago along J. Catolico St. in Lagao district, the mall is expected to be completed by the second quarter of 2009.

To be called Robinsons General Santos, it will be within walking distance from the two other biggest shopping malls in the city, the KCC Mall and Gaisano Mall.

Land clearing for the project, which is under Robinsons Land Corp., a firm under JG Summit Holdings, Inc., recently started following a series of meetings between company officials and the local government.

The mall operator was about to start building the mall years ago before a series of bombings rocked the city.

The local government unit said Robinsons would enjoy tax incentives since mall operation has been listed as one of the investment priority areas under the city’s new Investment Code.

The entry of Robinsons will augur well for the local economy and shows investor confidence in General Santos, local government officials said.

The modern, two-story mall will house the company’s flagship stores Robinsons Department Store, Robinsons Supermarket, Robinsons Appliances, Handyman Do It Center and at least four Robinsons cinemas, Mr. Manansala said.

There will also be amusement and bingo centers and leasable spaces for retail shops, boutiques and dining establishments, he added.

Construction of the mall is expected to generate jobs for 500 skilled workers.

Once operational, the company will be employing 700 workers.

Once completed, the Robinsons Mall will be its third and reportedly the biggest in Mindanao.

Robinsons has an outlet in Cagayan de Oro City. Construction is likewise ongoing for its Davao City mall.

Mr. Manansala said 80% of the Gokongwei-owned mall’s work force will come from the local manpower pool.

General Santos has been adjudged twice as the most competitive city by the Asian Institute of Management. — Romer S. Sarmiento


pic originally posted by @rabsky



posted 17/May/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
__________________
abante pinas!

Last edited by diehardbisdak; May 17th, 2009 at 03:44 PM.
diehardbisdak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #2
diehardbisdak
:D
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,006
Likes (Received): 1588

...forumers from GenSan...congrats! post away guys!


...malapit din ang GenSan sa puso ko..charing...my 1st cousin who's a doctor and my niece and nephew are now based in the Tuna City...
__________________
abante pinas!
diehardbisdak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #3
SUV111
Sniper08
 
SUV111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bacolod City...where smile never fades
Posts: 1,144
Likes (Received): 433

Congrats Gen San...you deserve it
SUV111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #4
davaob4now
life down under
 
davaob4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,947
Likes (Received): 118

wow!mga Generals congratulations...i love Gensan dami akong friends na Nurses diyan...

sana matuloy din yung Robinsons Zamboanga! para 4 na ang rob sa Mindanao (CDO, Gensan, Davao and hopefully Zambo)...
__________________
the fifth richest city in the philippines; the richest city outside metro manila businessworld
davaob4now no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #5
henji
Davao Now
 
henji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Metropolitan Davao
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 3

Congrats GenSan for a well-deserved ROB mall..
henji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #6
busyjay
Registered User
 
busyjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 87
Likes (Received): 0

ano po b difference ng ROBINSONS PLACE sa ROBINSONS CYBERGATE and ROBINSONS lng? medyo nalilito aku
busyjay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan
 
Sinjin P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CEB, SIN
Posts: 11,857
Likes (Received): 490

^ Hi there, please be reminded that text speak is not allowed in the forums. Please type properly. Thanks!

Regarding your question, Robinsons Cybergate is a Robinsons mall with sit-down restos and other retail outlets plus a call center.
__________________
Sinjin P. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #8
diehardbisdak
:D
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,006
Likes (Received): 1588

i think ang difference is the look..

Robinson's Cybergate - looks like a regular building/tower with spaces on the ground floor area intended for restos and shops while the upper floor for BPO offices etc.

Robinson's Place - typical mall with the usual department store, supermarket, shops etc. but some Robinson's mall, may call center din
__________________
abante pinas!
diehardbisdak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #9
GearX
Just Registered
 
GearX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 15th Ave. QC
Posts: 1,395
Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P. View Post

Regarding your question, Robinsons Cybergate is a Robinsons mall with sit-down restos and other retail outlets plus a call center.
the term Cybergate means the building's main focus is the BPO; the shops below simply support the BPO spaces in the upper floors.
__________________
We are not here to compete with any other city nor are we here to follow the path of other cities. CDO is shaping its own destiny. It has carved its own name, and it's traversing its own path. It's OUR OWN... the Kagay-anon way.

- Michael Ray - 2012
GearX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #10
LordCarnal
Filius Dei
 
LordCarnal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,494
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak View Post
...forumers from GenSan...congrats! post away guys!


...malapit din ang GenSan sa puso ko..charing...my 1st cousin who's a doctor and my niece and nephew are now based in the Tuna City...


lol whether malapit ang puso natin sa GenSan, Davao, Iloilo, Cebu or what, fact is this is still part of the Philippines and proves only one thing -- that our country is progressing..

So we should be happy in developments happening throughout our country wherever it is..
__________________
flickr | The Heritage of Cebu | http://cebuheritage.net


LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #11
chevy_boy
The Aviator
 
chevy_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 978
Likes (Received): 4

Any renderings on this project?
__________________
Abu Dhabi - Bahrain - Bangkok - Batam Island - Detroit - Dubai - Ho Chi Minh - Hong Kong - Jakarta - Johor Bahru - Kaohsiung - Kota Kinabalu - Kuala Lumpur - Los Angeles - Las Vegas - Male - Manila - Narita - New York - Orlando - Osaka - Phuket - Salt Lake City - San Francisco - Seattle - Seoul - Shenzhen - Siem Reap - Singapore - Taichung - Taipei - Toronto - Washington DC
chevy_boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #12
boju2
gigaGO Philippines!
 
boju2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,020
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbisdak View Post
Gokongwei to build GenSan mall
Business World Online
26 June 2008


GENERAL SANTOS CITY — Construction of a P2-billion Robinsons Mall here has finally gained ground after years of delay.

"This is one of the biggest investments in the tuna capital of the Philippines in recent years. Its construction has just started," Avel O. Manansala, city hall media chief, said on Tuesday.

Located in an 8.5-hectare property acquired by the Gokong-weis years ago along J. Catolico St. in Lagao district, the mall is expected to be completed by the second quarter of 2009.

To be called Robinsons General Santos, it will be within walking distance from the two other biggest shopping malls in the city, the KCC Mall and Gaisano Mall.

Land clearing for the project, which is under Robinsons Land Corp., a firm under JG Summit Holdings, Inc., recently started following a series of meetings between company officials and the local government.

The mall operator was about to start building the mall years ago before a series of bombings rocked the city.

The local government unit said Robinsons would enjoy tax incentives since mall operation has been listed as one of the investment priority areas under the city’s new Investment Code.

The entry of Robinsons will augur well for the local economy and shows investor confidence in General Santos, local government officials said.

The modern, two-story mall will house the company’s flagship stores Robinsons Department Store, Robinsons Supermarket, Robinsons Appliances, Handyman Do It Center and at least four Robinsons cinemas, Mr. Manansala said.

There will also be amusement and bingo centers and leasable spaces for retail shops, boutiques and dining establishments, he added.

Construction of the mall is expected to generate jobs for 500 skilled workers.

Once operational, the company will be employing 700 workers.

Once completed, the Robinsons Mall will be its third and reportedly the biggest in Mindanao.

Robinsons has an outlet in Cagayan de Oro City. Construction is likewise ongoing for its Davao City mall.

Mr. Manansala said 80% of the Gokongwei-owned mall’s work force will come from the local manpower pool.

General Santos has been adjudged twice as the most competitive city by the Asian Institute of Management. — Romer S. Sarmiento
2 Billion worth of mall? Wow sobrang laki, 4 times kalaki ng SM Cagayan de Oro if my guess is right? Given that he project cost of SM CDO of 500M.
__________________
s u p e r c a l i f r a g i l i s t i c e x p i a l i d o c i o u s !


SSC is a forum in helping nation building.

Last edited by boju2; June 28th, 2008 at 06:39 AM.
boju2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 06:33 AM   #13
Dolly66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

No Davao mall project plan from Robinson’s, says exec

BY JUDY QUIROS

Robinson’s Land Corporation (RLC) has not yet proposed the development of a mall project in Davao City, the chief of the Davao City and Investment Promotions Center (DCIPC) said yesterday.

Roberto Teo made the statement when asked to comment on speculations that RLC has already identified an area that will be developed into a mall in Davao City.

Teo told the Mirror that a one-hectare property owned by RLC in Lanang near the Davao City Water District (DCWD) is currently being developed not into a mall but into a supermarket with an investment capital of over P300 million.

He said DCIPC approved the project last month and construction of the project is ongoing.

The proposed supermarket and a call center project at Doņa Luisa Building along Jacinto Street fronting Central Bank are the two projects with a total investment value of about P400 million which DCIPC has approved for tax incentives privilege this year, Teo said.

He said DCIPC is currently working on the approval of certain investment tax incentive applications. He declined to divulge the names of the applicants/business firms pending approval of their applications.

DCIPC is targeting to approve P1 billion worth of investment tax incentive applications this year, Teo said.


http://www.dailymirror.ph/June/business06272008&01.html
Dolly66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #14
LordCarnal
Filius Dei
 
LordCarnal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,494
Likes (Received): 2

But SM CDO was built years ago so surely prices have gone up already..


Quote:
Originally Posted by boju2 View Post
2 Billion worth of mall? Wow sobrang laki, 4 times kalaki ng SM Cagayan de Oro if my guess is right? Given that he project cost of SM CDO of 500M.
__________________
flickr | The Heritage of Cebu | http://cebuheritage.net


LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:53 AM   #15
rabsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Likes (Received): 0

eto nga pala ung pix ng robinsons general santos.. layout.. =)



hope u like it..

my friendster:
http://profiles.friendster.com/rabsky4nower

rabsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:54 AM   #16
rabsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Likes (Received): 0

dba ang ganda??
rabsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #17
rabsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Likes (Received): 0


rabsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #18
henji
Davao Now
 
henji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Metropolitan Davao
Posts: 461
Likes (Received): 3

is this a sprawling type mall? mukhang wide ang structure pero 2f.
henji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #19
jmok
Registered User
 
jmok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 28
Likes (Received): 0

ganda ng Rob Gensan.....congratz sa inyo....
__________________
differences of habits and language are nothing if our aims are equal and our hearts are open-j.k rowling
jmok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #20
sandman.ink
ink of dreams
 
sandman.ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: davao
Posts: 848
Likes (Received): 2

full blast na pala ang construction...baka pwede nyo lagyan ng u/c ito...
congrats gensan, when all is said and done, makalapig lang ang KCC, Gaisano, Rob and SM.
__________________
Computer Generated. Signature Not Needed.
sandman.ink no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu