daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #3581
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101351

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiadetie View Post
6*4-car-(B)train for Pudong International Airport MRT
30*5-car-train for Songjiang Tram lines
I missed that though. What MRT is meant here and how long will be the line?

How long will be the tram trains in Songjiang?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:46 AM   #3582
dixiadetie

Likes (Received): 798

These are the lines (with color) that built from 2015~2020 , and the next phrase of lines are planning , so you can figure out that many trains are needed .

Zaz965 liked this post
dixiadetie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #3583
dixiadetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post

How long will be the tram trains in Songjiang?

First phrase of Songjiang Tram map , consist of two lines T1 and T2 . Length of 29.8km(T1,14.4km ; T2,14.9km) , 39 stations in total .

The trains of this two line will made by Alstom .
Old February 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #3584
dixiadetie

Quote:
It means " the train that link terminals in the Airport ” , I don't what it really called in English... . The Auto People Mover ?
Old February 15th, 2016, 04:44 PM   #3585
dixiadetie

New trains for line3/4

Photoed by @杨胖胖不瘦

This kind of train is made by CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles Co., Ltd (中车长春轨道客车股份有限公司)

With the amount of 35 , 9 for line 3 , 26 for line 4. This type of train will release the pressure of both line 3 and line 4 . It still have no name(like AC09) . So rail fans in China called it "包公" , Baogong , because of it black face. (wiki page of Baogong)

paper strip map shows stations of line 3 (yellow) and line 4 (purple)
It will running on both lines.

The yellow seats in the purple seats highlight the priority area for the elderly , pregnant women , disabled person or the other who need help.

Also , LCD screens in the train shows passengers where they are .

The exterior , the yellow and purple line on the trains imply that she will run both lines . And the number "0331" on the face means : "03"=line 3, "31"= the 31st train of line 3.

As for "Baogong" in line 4 , the train number will goes “429~454”

Pantograph

the "passage" of two cars (what it called in English??) , the sticker of the right side shows you that this is a line 3 service .

The wheels , and I don't know what's the numbers which follow "03" mean.

Full image of the train , it looks modern . And you can see the purple Shanghai metro logo on the right of it's head .
Old February 17th, 2016, 10:31 PM   #3586
_Night City Dream_

I guess more cars per train would settle the matter more efficiently.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 18th, 2016, 01:14 AM   #3587
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Are there so many "gaps" on the Rube with no coverage?
You kidding me haha, the entire tube system that are underground has no signal coverage whatsoever. This is why you would still see many passengers who read newspapers in the tube.

_Night City Dream_ liked this post
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:58 PM   #3588
dixiadetie

Quote:
I guess more cars per train would settle the matter more efficiently.
But only the platforms of line 1/2/8 have space for more cars per train (8-car for line 1\2 ; 7-car for line 8) . The other lines could upgrade the capacity only by shorten the waiting time for next train.
Old February 18th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #3589
saiho

Likes (Received): 1285

Quote:
OK, now that sounds a bit more reasonable but will that mean headways will no be very small, just like we do here in Moscow? Some 85 - 90 seconds between trains during rush hour and some 2 - 3 min in other time?

What major extensions do you mean for lines like 9 and 10 for example? I mean there will be an extension but still 30 EMUs more per each sounds a huge figure it is almost twice as much there are on these lines now. Okay, I can get it for line 10 since headways there now are awful but line 9 is quite well served + it won't have a very long extension.

I hope though Shanghai will have really decent headways and not only during rush hour.
Based on the current operating regimen of short turns to get the existing Line 9 from 3-3.5 min to a 2 min frequency in the busy section and 6 mins to 4 mins in the suburban section they will need about 21 more trainsets. The eastern extension on 2 mins headway up to will require 7 more. So to operate the full Line 9 line at 2 min / 4 min (urban / suburban) frequencies Shanghai Metro will need to buy about 30 trains. They bought 36, the additional are probably for reserve extras and maintenance cycle headroom. To run the entire Line 9 at 90-second headways, you need a total fleet of about 118 trains. So no, the current order is to get the line down to 2 mins in the central section and 4 mins elsewhere.

_Night City Dream_, dewlin07 liked this post

Last edited by saiho; February 19th, 2016 at 05:26 AM.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 08:35 PM   #3590
saiho

Quote:
It means " the train that link terminals in the Airport ” , I don't what it really called in English... . The Auto People Mover ?
Automatic People Mover (APM) the Airport MRT is a APM system between the terminals of the Pudong Airport. It will not be a part of the Shanghai Metro System.

Source
Old February 19th, 2016, 04:57 AM   #3591
dbhaskar

Likes (Received): 113

250 km expansion planned for Shanghai

Source: Shanghai Daily | February 18, 2016

Shanghai plans to extend its Metro network further by 40 percent from 2017 to 2025, the city’s development and reform commission said.

According to the plan, nine Metro lines, stretching 250 kilometers, will be constructed during the eight-year period.

The plan has been put up for environmental evaluation.

The city's Metro network currently stretches 617 kilometers, including 29 kilometers of maglev line with 366 stations.

Earlier reports said the south extension of Line 5, the third phase of Line 8, third phase of Line 9 and Line 17 are expected to be put into service by the end of 2017; the second phase of Line 10, Line 13 (from Changqing Road to Zhangjiang Road) will be put into operation by the end of 2018; while Line 14, 15 and 18 are expected to launch by the end of 2020.

dimlys1994 liked this post
dbhaskar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2016, 08:48 PM   #3592
saiho

Quote:
But only the platforms of line 1/2/8 have space for more cars per train (8-car for line 1\2 ; 7-car for line 8) . The other lines could upgrade the capacity only by shorten the waiting time for next train.
Actually the fact that almost every station on Line 3 is not underground means that a relatively cheap platform extension and alterations to maintenance and storage yards can allow for 8 A cars to run. They can run mixed 6A and 8A stock on the joint section between Lines 3/4. They are already doing platform extensions to Line 5 to allow 6C rolling stock. They would also be able to do it to Line 6 if it was built 100% elevated like originally planned. Alas Line 6 will remain to be the fail of the Shanghai Metro on many fronts.

_Night City Dream_ liked this post
Old February 20th, 2016, 11:55 AM   #3593
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhaskar View Post
Source: Shanghai Daily | February 18, 2016

Shanghai plans to extend its Metro network further by 40 percent from 2017 to 2025, the city’s development and reform commission said.

According to the plan, nine Metro lines, stretching 250 kilometers, will be constructed during the eight-year period.

The plan has been put up for environmental evaluation.

The city's Metro network currently stretches 617 kilometers, including 29 kilometers of maglev line with 366 stations.

Earlier reports said the south extension of Line 5, the third phase of Line 8, third phase of Line 9 and Line 17 are expected to be put into service by the end of 2017; the second phase of Line 10, Line 13 (from Changqing Road to Zhangjiang Road) will be put into operation by the end of 2018; while Line 14, 15 and 18 are expected to launch by the end of 2020.
This is consistent with what I've read lately. It appears they have revised their plans, and now they include several commuter rail lines, including one that kills line 19. The number is reused for a new North-South line that will run through Lujiazui and was formerly planned as line 24, before it took over the planned Line 2 branch to Disney.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 06:04 AM   #3594
saiho

Shanghai 2025 Metro Plan

Looks like Line 14 will not be the last downtown line.

Source
Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:25 PM   #3595
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1662

What's with the lines that aren't numbered? Not subway lines?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 04:31 PM   #3596
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
What's with the lines that aren't numbered? Not subway lines?
They will be built as commuter lines.

VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
Old February 22nd, 2016, 04:44 PM   #3597
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

At last, line 22 is back! As one of the sections former line 16 has been split, along with lines 19 (for one stop), 20 and 23, with line 20 also getting part of former line 17 (with Jiading-Minhang, or Jiamin, line getting another section, with the middle section scrapped). And the new line 21 has absorbed former line 24. Xujiahui is going to be a massive interchange station with 5 lines (1, 9, 11, 23 and 25).

It appears they have added several railway/commuter rail lines, too.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #3598
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 16042

It looks fantastic. But imho they should plan more lines to relieve the overcrowded lines within the city centre. More lines crossing the inner network. You still have to walk a long way before reaching any metro stop at many points of the city centre. So why not adding more and more lines.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #3599
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
Shanghai 2025 Metro Plan

Looks like Line 14 will not be the last downtown line.

Source
My God, it's getting hotter and hotter. How I miss Shanghai, I can't express that. As soon as my son grows up a little, I'll rush to it.

Old February 26th, 2016, 10:03 AM   #3600
_Night City Dream_

Blue line, is it MagLev line extension to Hongqiao?

Tags
metro, shanghai, tram