daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #421
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

The Maglev looks amazing. I think with all the amazing construction in China, its hard to keep track of everything. I just wanted to know if there was going to be a Maglev extension to Hangzhou and would it pass through the 2010 Expo site?
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM   #422
liwentao_tom

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88 View Post
The Maglev looks amazing. I think with all the amazing construction in China, its hard to keep track of everything. I just wanted to know if there was going to be a Maglev extension to Hangzhou and would it pass through the 2010 Expo site?
The route joining Hongchiao Airport and Pudong International airport will start building after the Spring Festival, set out from Longyang Road Station, set up three station on the way(Expo Site Station,Shanghai South Railway Station,Hongqiao Station).It will be finish before2010.

The Maglev extension to Hangzhou doesn't have any news.
liwentao_tom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #423
raymond_tung88

Quote:
Originally Posted by liwentao_tom View Post
The route joining Hongchiao Airport and Pudong International airport will start building after the Spring Festival, set out from Longyang Road Station, set up three station on the way(Expo Site Station,Shanghai South Railway Station,Hongqiao Station).It will be finish before2010.

The Maglev extension to Hangzhou doesn't have any news.
I'm guessing since they're going to be building a Maglev stop at Hongqiao that it will remain in use for a while? I once heard that they were going to close it and move all domestic flights to Pudong International.
Old February 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #424
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 23

I agree with a renovated Hongqiao Domestic Airport. I believe its current state is saturated with passengers.

Pudong Int'l is too far away. Maglev is not conveniently connected to central Shanghai; with better connections and more transport options Pudong should experience increased ridership.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #425
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
will start building after the Spring Festival
is that for sure?
they stated so often that they start contstruction soon, but never did so!

Do you have a source for that?
Btw, will the current maglev line stop service during construction or not?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #426
liwentao_tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflo777 View Post
is that for sure?
they stated so often that they start contstruction soon, but never did so!

Do you have a source for that?
Btw, will the current maglev line stop service during construction or not?
it's for sure.Now, those residents along the line are moving.
The current maglev line will not stop service during construction.

The Chinese Central Government will sanction this project before the Spring Festival. (this Spring Festival is February 18)
The hopeful new route section fabrication cost sanctioned is 1,200 million dollars. The construction expenses of the new route section are equivalent to twice of the magnetic suspension fabrication cost of first, because will build a tunnel crossing the Huangpu River this time, should add and build 3 stations at the same time , the running route will also pass through the city center . The price of the steel went up by a lot than 5 years ago too at present. In order to obtain this project, two companies in Germany have to make a lot of concessions.
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:01 AM   #427
DiggerD21
spaghetti polonaise

Likes (Received): 1355

The Maglev as a link between the domestic and the international airport? Sounds good and could make both airports practically to one huge airport, but with a lot of airspace for approaching and departing planes.
Has the ridership of the Maglev now increased to a reasonable level or are the trains still driving with almost no passengers?
I must say, I don't like the overhead wire solution of the metro.
DiggerD21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #428
raymond_tung88

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchan7 View Post
I agree with a renovated Hongqiao Domestic Airport. I believe its current state is saturated with passengers.

Pudong Int'l is too far away. Maglev is not conveniently connected to central Shanghai; with better connections and more transport options Pudong should experience increased ridership.
Well, if they're extending the Maglev line into Central Shanghai, I think closing Hongqiao should be possible but they're building a Maglev stop there so I guess it will still continue to be open...

It just seems that with the expansion of Pudong International, its just easier to maintain one airport than having to maintain two. BTW, does anyone have pictures of Hongqiao Airport?
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #429
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Must they use German colors? :

zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #430
liwentao_tom

Hongqiao Airport will not close , will extend. Will build up a large-scale junction there , will join the Beijing-Shanghai high-speed railway, maglve, 5 subways and Hongqiao Airport new boat station buildings.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #431
liwentao_tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates View Post
Must they use German colors? :

Did not mean it, but really the color of the German national flag. The sign color of No.5 Route should be mauve.
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #432
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

DiggerD2,
I took a round-trip today on the Maglev and it was packed with people in both directions. The Maglev also been pretty much full all other times I've taken it.
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #433
Buster

Likes (Received): 1

The Maglev's awesome. . .and the subway's good. It's nice to see a city that's making public transportation a priority!
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #434
Karakuri
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Yeah! The Transrapid is awesome. I don't expected less from German technology!!!
Karakuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #435
pflo777
BANNED

Quote:
it's for sure.Now, those residents along the line are moving.
The current maglev line will not stop service during construction.

The Chinese Central Government will sanction this project before the Spring Festival. (this Spring Festival is February 18)
The hopeful new route section fabrication cost sanctioned is 1,200 million dollars. The construction expenses of the new route section are equivalent to twice of the magnetic suspension fabrication cost of first, because will build a tunnel crossing the Huangpu River this time, should add and build 3 stations at the same time , the running route will also pass through the city center . The price of the steel went up by a lot than 5 years ago too at present. In order to obtain this project, two companies in Germany have to make a lot of concessions.
So, Spring Festival aleady started right?

I mean, it this thing is already u/c, or if they tear down the houses at the future location of it, we could start a Shanghai Maglev under construction thread.

I would be very exited about the pictures
Old February 20th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #436
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Sure, start one if you want.
I could take pictures as I kinda live in the area.
Old February 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #437
pflo777
BANNED

Ok,well, I am far away from shanghai so it would really be up to you and maybe celestar0 to update such a consturciton thread.

Maybe we start with the pictures, and as soon as you made them, you post them here or you open up directly the new thread.

Right now, as far as I know, they sarted to move out the people, so if you want, you could start taking pictures in the area, where the maglev will be built later on, at Shanghai south Railway station or at the end of the current line in Longyang Road...

Old February 21st, 2007, 04:17 AM   #438
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Wow they are extending? I can't wait to see Maglev running through Shanghai that will be awesome!
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:25 AM   #439
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Shanghai is blooming. It makes no sense to close down Hongqiao.
If only Pudong is operated, I am sure there will be a need to expand the airport or find a new one in the very near future. By operating both airports at the same time, it can split up both domestic and international services.
Look at Taipei, Tokyo, New York, London, Chicago and other big cities around the world, everyone have more than one airports to serve both domestic and international need. If Megalav can connect the two airports, it is a benefit to both airports and Shanghai.
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:36 AM   #440
kingart

Likes (Received): 0

What is the expected completion date for line 8 of the Shanghai metro?
kingart no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, shanghai, tram