daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1361
The Chemist
Right you are, Ken

Likes (Received): 21

I think Line 9 phase 2 is almost ready to open as well, because I was at Century Avenue yesterday and I could see that the Line 9 ticketing area was complete. I'd imagine it's going to open in a matter of weeks as well.
The Chemist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1362
P05
Agur eta ohore

Likes (Received): 2271

What about line 11? I read that they expected to open the line before the year end.
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #1363
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Line 11 will definately open before the Expo, but I am not sure about it opening before the years end. Line 7 still hasn't opened yet and it looks like it will take a few more days. The floors in the station are still dirty, and the lighting hasn't been completed in the Line 1 area of Changshu Road.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:42 AM   #1364
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

http://shanghaiist.com/2009/12/02/me...medium=twitter
Quote:
Metro line 7 to open Saturday

By Cary Hooper in News on December 2, 2009 12:30 PM

Oh boy, yet another new subway line is opening! Line seven, which will run north-south with transfer stops at Jing'an Temple and Changshu Road stations, is going to start it's first trial runs beginning at 9AM on Saturday. After last month's delayed opening, we've been itching to give this one a go.

We're mostly psyched for the new trains, which look like a blast out of 1990's New York. Look at that checkerboard linoleum flooring! Lime green and bright orange seats? They're even better than the last ones we saw!. This train looks good enough to be shuttling you to the Ringling Brother's circus, but it should do just fine for the Expo.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM   #1365
staff
囧!

Old December 4th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1366
giallo

Likes (Received): 258

Awesome looking trains. I'll be taking it to work opening day. It stops a mere two blocks from the office.

I'm stoked!
giallo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #1367
staff
囧!

Make sure to bring el camera!
Old December 5th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #1368
The Chemist
Right you are, Ken

Likes (Received): 21

According to Shanghai Daily, Line 7 will only be operating from 9-4 daily for a couple of months while they continue testing. I guess they don't want the bugs that plagued Line 8 when it opened a couple of years ago.

And for some strange reason, the new maps posted in Line 4 trains don't show the interchange with Line 7 at Dong'an Road.
The Chemist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:30 AM   #1369
giallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post

Make sure to bring el camera!
You know it. I promise I'll post 'em.
Old December 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM   #1370
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

line 7 looks really clean and morden on TV.
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #1371
2009shanghai

Likes (Received): 5

Line 7 is awesome!!!! I took it last Sunday to Jing'an Temple. Great!!!
2009shanghai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1372
giallo

Speaking of Jing An Temple station, here's a picture I took of it opening day

image hosted on flickr
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #1373
aniuska

Likes (Received): 1

How long is Shanghai Metro now?
290 km. or more?
aniuska no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #1374
liwentao_tom

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniuska View Post
How long is Shanghai Metro now?
290 km. or more?
284.6 Km , 196 stations according to Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Metro
liwentao_tom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #1375
napkcirtap

Likes (Received): 3

lines 9(Phase II) and 11 will operate starting the end of december, making the length of lines surpassing the 350 km mark
napkcirtap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 04:12 AM   #1376
ode of bund

Likes (Received): 70

Winter Solstice Day Chaos in Shanghai

Yesterday, (December 22nd) Shanghai Metro Line 1 was hit by two separate incidents which caused massive chaos. First at 5:50am, a power failure incident took place between South Shaan'xi Road Station and People's Square stations, trains have to be short turned between Xinzhuang (莘庄) station and Xujiahui (徐家汇) station at south, and between Shanghai Rail-way Station and Fujin Road (富锦路) station at north. Bashi Group deployed more than 80 buses to shuttle passengers between Rail-way Station and Xujiahui. Then by 7:00, train 150 when approaching Shanghai Rail-way Station, ran a stop signal when switching from southbound track to northbound track, causing a lateral collision with train 117. Although both trains were running at low speed and no injury was sustained, from a photo on the headline of Shanghai Evening Post, the driver's cabin area of train 150 sustained heavy damage. Metro Line 1 is the most heavily utilized subway system in Shanghai, the accidents caused massive chaos with millions of commuters late for work, buses and taxi cabs were cramped with metro passengers scrambling for other alternatives.
ode of bund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM   #1377
yaohua2000

Likes (Received): 7

yaohua2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:47 PM   #1378
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

The damage is quite severe. Why in the world did the driver "run a stop signal?" Absolutely unacceptable.
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #1379
staff
囧!

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...cle_424024.htm
Quote:
Two more Metro routes to start work

By Zha Minjie | 2009-12-28 | NEWSPAPER EDITION

TWO new subways will open to passengers on Thursday, the Metro operator said yesterday.

Shanghai Shentong Group announced the debut of Line 11 and the second phase of Line 9, at the end of a troubled week for Line 1, the city's oldest, which suffered a series of delays including the longest in its history after two trains collided last Tuesday.

"It's always good to learn of the opening of new lines despite all the troubles with subways," said a passenger, Chen Xi.

Both new lines will operate on a pilot basis, Shentong said, and will begin with a short daily schedule, 9am to 4pm. Within three months, the hours will be extended to 5:30am to 11pm.

The Metro authority said if the lines were to run more hours at the start, it would deny time for testing, "increasing the risk of breakdowns" - the last thing the operator wants to see.

The 6am to 9:50pm operation on the first phase of Line 9, Songjiang to Xuhui District, will not be affected.

The time between trains on Line 9 will be six minutes with a nine and a half minute interval on Line 11.

The second phase of Line 9, connecting with its first phase at Yishan Road Station, runs through city's busy business area, Xujiahui, and ends at Pudong's Century Avenue Station which it will link with three other lines - 2, 4 and 6.

Line 11 will be a 50-minute journey from suburban Jiading District to downtown Changning District's Jiangsu Road Station.

Line 11 will have 12 six-carriage trains which can travel at up to 100 kilometers per hour, the fastest subway in China. Line 9 will have 26 trains with the opening of its second phase.

The Metro authority said passengers will be able to transfer between Line 1 and Line 9 at Xujiahui Station and by next March they will be able to walk underground between the lines after a garage is converted into a station.

The station will have three lines when the second phase of Line 11 goes through by 2012.

Visitors to the 2010 World Expo can go to the Expo site at Line 9's Madang Road Station where ticket and security check points will be set.

From there they can take Line 13 to enter the site both in Puxi and Pudong.

Line 11, 33 kilometers long, will have 16 stations opening on Thursday, with four others on a branch line to open before the Expo, said the operator.

The Metro network will have 330 kilometers of track by the end of this month and 221 stations on its current 10 lines.

Read more: http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...#ixzz0ax3u2JuD
Old December 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #1380
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Great news, when I saw the sign that said Xujiahui was a virtual transfer station like Hongkou football stadium, I almost lost it. I am glad that that will only be temporary, that would have been a mess to have a virtual transfer at one of the busiest traffic hubs.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, shanghai, tram