daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #441
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover
 
Rodalvesdepaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sorocaba (SP), Brazil
Posts: 49,602
Likes (Received): 40998

Low-floor city buses are required by law in France?
__________________

Rodalvesdepaula no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #442
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryzbyszko View Post
When do they plan to open T5? I've seen some photos and it looked finished. Moreover, what are the reasons to build it as the tyre-trams line?
There is still no tram rolling stock for the T5, I don't know when they will receive the first one.
After the arrival of the first train, there is still several months of test.
Many people don't believe that the T5 could be open by 2012.

The reason fort this type of tram line, well... I don't know.
Almost any transit fan critize this choise, all the arguments were stupid as anything could be done with a regular tram type.
To avoid the closure of a factory severely affected by the crisis seems to be the most acceptable pretext.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodalvesdepaula View Post
Low-floor city buses are required by law in France?
Yes, it is required by the law.
The last high floor bus of the RATP (Renault R312) was withdraw few month ago.
___________________________________________

Château de Vincennes (bus terminal)

STIF invasion




__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #443
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

New concept bus stop at Gare de Lyon Diderot in trial (lines 57, 61 and 91 westtbound)



Coffee or any other drink ?



Bike or Book ?














__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #444
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

RATP line 20.


RATP Mercedes Citaro with STIF livery



(Sorry for the quality, my reflex camera is under repair).
__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #445
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

The top 15 busiest bus lines in inner Paris on April 2012 by daily ridership.
I also added there route and the bus stock.
  1. PC3: 44,380 | Porte Maillot-Pershing ↔ Porte de la Villette | Irisbus Citelis 18
  2. 62: 44,299 | Porte de Saint-Cloud ↔ Bibliothèque François-Mitterrand | Iribus Citelis 18
  3. 26: 42,221 | Gare Saint-Lazare ↔ Nation - Place des Antilles | Irisbus Citelis 12
  4. 95: 39,289 | Porte de Montmartre ↔ Porte de Vanves | Man Lion's City G
  5. PC2: 38,097 | Porte d'Ivry ↔ Porte de la Villette | Renault Agora L
  6. 91: 37,259 | Montparnasse 2 - Gare TGV ↔ Bastille | Irisbus Agora L
  7. 31: 33,828 | Charles de Gaulle-Étoile ↔ Gare de l'Est | Irisbus Agora L
  8. 80: 33,553 | Porte de Versailles ↔ Mairie du 18e - Jules Joffrin | Man Lion's City G
  9. 96: 32,719 | Gare Montparnasse ↔ Porte des Lilas | Irisbus Citelis Line
  10. 60: 32,436 | Porte de Montmartre ↔ Gambetta | Renault Agora S
  11. 27: 28,662 | Gare Saint-Lazare ↔ Porte d'Ivry-Claude Régaud | Renault Agora L
  12. 68: 27,897 | Place de Clichy ↔ Châtillon-Montrouge | Irisbus Citelis Line
  13. 54: 27,642 | Asnières-sur-Seine - Gennevilliers - Gabriel Péri ↔ Porte d'Aubervilliers | Irisbus Citelis Line
  14. 43: 24,132 | Neuilly-sur-Seine - Bagatelle ↔ Gare du Nord | Man Lion's City G
  15. 38: 23,774 | Porte d'Orléans ↔ Gare du Nord | Renault Agora S

Articulated bus: Irisbus Citelis 18, Man Lion's City G, Renault and Irisbus Agora L
The busiest line on the RATP network is the line 183 (in southeastern inner suburbs) with 57,000 passengers per day, followed by the TVM.
__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #446
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

Speaking of the line 183, a new tram line planned between Porte de Choisy and Orly (the town center, not the aiport)



This tram will replace the line 183.
Porte de Choisy - Orly tram
-10 km
-20 stations
-Between 70,000 and 80,000 passengers per day
-Opening in 2020

Not render yet but this is some picture of the bus line 183.

Segegrated busway







At Porte de Choiy, connection with the T3 and metro line 7.


__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !

Last edited by Minato ku; June 20th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #447
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

Heuliez GX 427 Hybrid


__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #448
Busfotodotnl
Registered User
 
Busfotodotnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vianen
Posts: 1,671
Likes (Received): 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
The top 15 busiest bus lines in inner Paris on April 2012 by daily ridership.
I also added there route and the bus stock.
  1. PC3: 44,380 | Porte Maillot-Pershing ↔ Porte de la Villette | Irisbus Citelis 18
  2. 62: 44,299 | Porte de Saint-Cloud ↔ Bibliothèque François-Mitterrand | Iribus Citelis 18
  3. 26: 42,221 | Gare Saint-Lazare ↔ Nation - Place des Antilles | Irisbus Citelis 12
  4. 95: 39,289 | Porte de Montmartre ↔ Porte de Vanves | Man Lion's City G
  5. PC2: 38,097 | Porte d'Ivry ↔ Porte de la Villette | Renault Agora L
  6. 91: 37,259 | Montparnasse 2 - Gare TGV ↔ Bastille | Irisbus Agora L
  7. 31: 33,828 | Charles de Gaulle-Étoile ↔ Gare de l'Est | Irisbus Agora L
  8. 80: 33,553 | Porte de Versailles ↔ Mairie du 18e - Jules Joffrin | Man Lion's City G
  9. 96: 32,719 | Gare Montparnasse ↔ Porte des Lilas | Irisbus Citelis Line
  10. 60: 32,436 | Porte de Montmartre ↔ Gambetta | Renault Agora S
  11. 27: 28,662 | Gare Saint-Lazare ↔ Porte d'Ivry-Claude Régaud | Renault Agora L
  12. 68: 27,897 | Place de Clichy ↔ Châtillon-Montrouge | Irisbus Citelis Line
  13. 54: 27,642 | Asnières-sur-Seine - Gennevilliers - Gabriel Péri ↔ Porte d'Aubervilliers | Irisbus Citelis Line
  14. 43: 24,132 | Neuilly-sur-Seine - Bagatelle ↔ Gare du Nord | Man Lion's City G
  15. 38: 23,774 | Porte d'Orléans ↔ Gare du Nord | Renault Agora S

Articulated bus: Irisbus Citelis 18, Man Lion's City G, Renault and Irisbus Agora L
The busiest line on the RATP network is the line 183 (in southeastern inner suburbs) with 57,000 passengers per day, followed by the TVM.
What's your source?
Busfotodotnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #449
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

Symbioz forum.
__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:41 AM   #450
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

New name for the T3.
The southern part (Pont du Garigliano - Porte de Vincennes) will be called T3a.
The northeastern part (Porte de Vincennes - Porte de la Chapelle) will be called T3b.

T3a


T3b
__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:02 AM   #451
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

Extension work


















__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:48 AM   #452
onosqaciw
Registered User
 
onosqaciw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,381
Likes (Received): 114

what is the tram's average speed? thx
onosqaciw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM   #453
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759

The T1 is quite slow. The average speed is 15km/h.
___________________________________

Extension work
















__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #454
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,759




__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:06 AM   #455
Micrav
Live!
 
Micrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere between Paris and Riga
Posts: 698
Likes (Received): 16

Oh my! The more I look at Paris and I compare it to other cities, the more I think there is lack of beautiful design for buses, trams, metros, everything is not very appealing, just functional. Where is the creativity of France to design beautiful metros, buses, trams? The trams of Strasbourg, Brussels, Riga, Reims are ok, but the rolling stock of Paris is not very sexy... The RATP logo is beautiful, but the graphic design on the cars is also not very attractive. And what horrible Z-en bus. HELP, PARIS NEEDS GOOD DESIGNERS to design public transportation!
__________________
Design smart!
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #456
ajw373
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,249
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post
Oh my! The more I look at Paris and I compare it to other cities, the more I think there is lack of beautiful design for buses, trams, metros, everything is not very appealing, just functional. Where is the creativity of France to design beautiful metros, buses, trams? The trams of Strasbourg, Brussels, Riga, Reims are ok, but the rolling stock of Paris is not very sexy... The RATP logo is beautiful, but the graphic design on the cars is also not very attractive. And what horrible Z-en bus. HELP, PARIS NEEDS GOOD DESIGNERS to design public transportation!
I think that is being very harsh indeed. Of all the places in the world I have visited I would say that Paris is up there with their attention to little things that make an aesthetic difference, which is what it seems you are talking about.

Just look at the pictures above to see how they have softened the tram tracks, and as for the vehicles again very nice indeed.
ajw373 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #457
Micrav
Live!
 
Micrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere between Paris and Riga
Posts: 698
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw373 View Post
I think that is being very harsh indeed. Of all the places in the world I have visited I would say that Paris is up there with their attention to little things that make an aesthetic difference, which is what it seems you are talking about.

Just look at the pictures above to see how they have softened the tram tracks, and as for the vehicles again very nice indeed.
Never said less, the infrastructure is good and beautiful, from the old Art Nouveau entrance of metro until the up-to-date beautifully designed bus and tram stops! Even the old metro stations have some charm with their white tiles... but my concern is about the rolling stock. I think deciders are in a state of mind : Paris has one of the most effective public transportation network, so why care so much for the design of the public transportation cars? I think it is just a lack of vision and culture, a small shame to correct for such a cultural city...
__________________
Design smart!

Last edited by Micrav; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #458
Ledindondelafarce
Registered User
 
Ledindondelafarce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 63
Likes (Received): 23

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, MI09 are sexy as hell, and so are T2 trams, they both have a quite unsual design. MP05 and MF01 are not really daring but they are fine. The new STIF livery is a bit too grey though, but it's not that bad, and when it's associated with SNCF's "rouge carmillon" it does look great, such as renovated MI79 or brand new Z50000.
Ledindondelafarce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM   #459
Micrav
Live!
 
Micrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere between Paris and Riga
Posts: 698
Likes (Received): 16

MI09 has beautiful head but graphic scheme with this grey and green lines is a bit poor. Yes the T2 is ok, but small anecdote. I was at exhibition fair and needed to take tram. It was rainy and tram was fully packed, it could not climb the slope between two stops unfortunately, we had to go backwards to pickup speed and finally pass...
MP05 has nothing sexy, it is boxy. I like MF01, one of the nicest exterior design and a strong sign on the tracks of Paris metro. The Z50000 is beautiful, but only on RER lines... The renovated version of MI79? Cannot say much about it... There is still a lot of old buses and metro cars in use. They have their charm, but the could be a bit update also with good graphic design...
__________________
Design smart!
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #460
Ledindondelafarce
Registered User
 
Ledindondelafarce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 63
Likes (Received): 23

There sure is lots of old metros left, but not for long. I can only agree with you that the new green and grey STIF graphic scheme is a bit poor, but it looks classy. We'd all like something more colorful, but it's a beginning, buses in my town used to be white, neither veolia nor townships bothered making something different, things are getting better.
Ledindondelafarce no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
paris, paris transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium