daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 13th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #521
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26150

RATP announced the start of construction of tunnel for tramway line 6 in Viroflay

http://www.ratp.fr/fr/ratp/r_82075/t...on-tunnelier-/

Correct me, if I wrong.
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #522
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5968

Wow, these changes along the T3 line are stunning. Some outright hostile areas seem to have been transformed into rather nice ones.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #523
Minato ku

Porte de Vincennes
T3b platforms

T3b tracks to the north

T3a tracks to the south

Swede liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #524
MK Tom

Likes (Received): 324

Are literally all the Paris tram lines off-street? Every line I've looked at seems to be on reserved formation.

Also is tram ticketing integrated with the metro, RER, local SNCF services and so on?

Please check out my MKT Transport Media website and Youtube channel for my transport photography and videos.

Minato ku liked this post
MK Tom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #525
LaMingue

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Are literally all the Paris tram lines off-street? Every line I've looked at seems to be on reserved formation.
Except for some portions of Tramway Line 1 in Saint-Denis, all tram lines run on reserved platforms.

Quote:
Also is tram ticketing integrated with the metro, RER, local SNCF services and so on?
There are three ticketing schemes in Paris:
- Bus and trams;
- Metro and RER (inner Paris);
- RER (outside Paris) and commuter trains have specific fare schemes.

LaMingue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #526
Minato ku

There are three sections in the T1 not segregrated to the traffic
Saint Denis, rue Auguste Delaune (traffic restricted): 250m

Ile Saint Denis: 500m

Genevilliers town center: 100m (westbound), 200m (eastbound).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMingue View Post
Note that if the ticket includes Paris as departure or arrival, you can use the metro with this ticket.

Ticket visit and one day ticket include all the transport inside the fare zones you have.
It is the same thing for smart card.
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #527
MK Tom

Thanks for the info! I wonder why the decision was made to go to the added expense of building off-street alignments for everywhere else; T2, 3 and 4 seem less like trams and more like American-style light metro systems.

So is the one day ticket kind of like a London travelcard where you just buy it from any station for a set number of zones and use it on all modes within that area? I'm guessing this being France that it'll need to be validated each time too.

Lastly, do we have opening dates for 'tram' lines T5 and T6 yet? I was looking round their websites with my limited grasp of French but I couldn't find a definite date for either.

Please check out my MKT Transport Media website and Youtube channel for my transport photography and videos.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #528
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Tom View Post
Thanks for the info! I wonder why the decision was made to go to the added expense of building off-street alignments for everywhere else; T2, 3 and 4 seem less like trams and more like American-style light metro systems.
Because it is how are build modern tram in France.
We try to segregate it as much as it is possible to the traffic.

If there are sections where T1 is mixed with traffic, it is because the streets were not wide enouth.

Quote:
So is the one day ticket kind of like a London travelcard where you just buy it from any station for a set number of zones and use it on all modes within that area? I'm guessing this being France that it'll need to be validated each time too.
One day tickets are called "Mobilis", you chose the zones (zones 1 and 2 are mandatory) and you can use it, for all the day you have validated it.
It needs to be validated each time.

zones 1 - 2: €6.60
zones 1 - 3: €8.80
zones 1 - 4: €10.85
zones 1 - 5: €15.65

On weekends and public holiday, there are one day illimited tickets for people under 26 years old.
It is called "Ticket Jeunes Week-end".

zones 1 - 3: €3.65
zones 1 - 5: €7.85
zones 3 - 5: €4.60

Quote:
Lastly, do we have opening dates for 'tram' lines T5 and T6 yet? I was looking round their websites with my limited grasp of French but I couldn't find a definite date for either.
Not yet, anyway we usually know the opening date only a few months before the opening.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #529
sotonsi

T4 is a transferred rail alignment (and run by SNCF), T2 is mostly ex-SCNF alignment, T3 is down the middle of Boulevards.

Segregating trams as much as possible is the way to keep the system reliable and fast. Lightly used rail alignments and wide road alignments both work well, as do alongside-road routes to new development. Using the tram's street running capability can be useful - Manchester Metrolink moving the line through central Oldham, rather than dodging it on the railway line (as currently, temporarily is the case) as well as more typical central-area distribution (eg Manchester and Croydon in the UK).

Paris is taking a tram approach in parallel with the better UK systems - segregation is good, taking over poorly used rail routes is good, running on street if necessary is better than expensive tunneling...

sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #530
Augusto

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMingue View Post
Except for some portions of Tramway Line 1 in Saint-Denis, all tram lines run on reserved platforms.

There are three ticketing schemes in Paris:
- Bus and trams;
- Metro and RER (inner Paris);
I would have considered bus and trams separetly: you can transfer from one bus line to another with one ticket but if you transfer from one tram to another tram or from the tram to the bus you'll have to use 2 tickets.
Augusto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #531
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto View Post
I would have considered bus and trams separetly: you can transfer from one bus line to another with one ticket but if you transfer from one tram to another tram or from the tram to the bus you'll have to use 2 tickets.
No, you can make a transfer between two tram lines and between the bus and tram with one ticket.
LaMingue is right.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM   #532
lechevallierpatrick

Likes (Received): 94

Pourquoi ne pas utiliser le pont de la petite ceinture comme passerelle piétons entre les 2 terminus(T3a et T3b)avec l'ajou d'escalators des deux cotés?
lechevallierpatrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #533
Minato ku

There is no need, there are subway entrances at both sides of the avenue, next to the tram station.
If you don't want to wait the green light on crossing, you can use them as underpass.

The Petite Ceinture is still owned by RFF, so even if it is unused, it is still a railway infrastructure.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #534
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Actually since December, there is a line 35 between Mairie d'Aubervilliers and Gare de l'Est.
The line 65 was splite in two. (formerly Aubervilliers - Gare de Lyon).
Line 35 Aubervilliers - Gare de l'Est
Line 65 Porte de la Chapelle - Gare de Lyon.
I did not knew about the 65 split. I knew that a 3 as first number means that starts at Gare de l'Est and a 5 as second number means that goes to the North or Northeast, and since Gare de l'Est is already in the Northeast part, a line 35 was unlikely.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #535
Minato ku

Gare de l'Est is in the northeast side of Central Paris, The city spread much more after.
Line 35
3X For Gare de l'Est
X5 For Mairie d'Aubervilliers in northeastern inner suburbs.
The line 35 is 5.5km long.

The lines 35 and 65 have the same route between Marx Dormoy (18th arrondissements) and Gare de l'Est.
It was the busiest section of the line 65.

You can see in the map that the numbering scheme doesn't really matter anymore.
There are lines with 3X departing of Gare du Nord and line with 4X departing of Gare de l'Est.
We can see the lines that have been shortened or those who have been extended.

The worse is the line 66 (Opera - Clichy Victor Hugo)
6X is for Gare de Lyon and X6 is for the east (Porte de Pantin to Porte de Bercy).
The line 66 services none of those areas.
Opera is at the oposite side of Central Paris to Gare de Lyon and Clichy is in the northwest.
The line 66 should be called the line 24.

The line 24 exists and it is not called according the numbering scheme.
Line 24 (Saint-Lazare - Maison Alfort in southeastern suburbs by Bercy).
While the 2X is good for Saint-Lazare Opera area, the number 4 is for the northwest.
The correct number of the line 24 should be the number 26.
The line 26 exists (Saint-Lazare - Nation).
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #536
dale88

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I did not knew about the 65 split. I knew that a 3 as first number means that starts at Gare de l'Est and a 5 as second number means that goes to the North or Northeast, and since Gare de l'Est is already in the Northeast part, a line 35 was unlikely.
Hi, as a regular user of line 35 and before that the line 65 (which is my childhood bus line), the split between the 2 lines has some good and bad effects.

The positive ones, the creation of line 35 allowed a better split of the passenger load, with line 65 taking the passengers wanting to go Porte de la chapelle (the new northern terminus of the line and western terminus of tram line T3b), and line 35 is now taking the load of passengers wanting to go further in the suburb of Aubervilliers.

It also simplifies the management of line 65 with a shorter route and as a result shorter time to run the entire line.

The negatives are that people living in the suburb town of Aubervilliers, do not have a direct access to Porte de la chapelle anymore.

People need to take line 35 and then tram T3b or the newly created bus line 512 at Mairie d'aubervilliers, a shuttle line connecting the town with the new terminus of metro line 12 at Front populaire.

However the passenger load is pretty low on line 512 and the bus get more crowded only during rush hour, the rest of the time its more like 2 to 5 people.

That was my 2 cents on the topic of line 35

dale88

dale88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #537
Minato ku

Antony - Clamart tram
STIF (Paris regional transportation autority) Board approved the first phase of studies
The line would be 8.2km long with 14 stations

Early 2013: presentation of the project and public meetings
2013 - 2014: Further studies
2015: Public inquiry
2016 - 2017: In-depth studies
2017: Start of construction
2020 - 2021: Opening

No number yet but it is likely to be called T10

Swede, tool2106 liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #538
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Am I missing somethin or is Place du Garde a strange place to end the line? Why not create a connection to Transilien N and the Grand Express Rouge?
/French spelling is not one of my strengths.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #539
Minato ku

The problem is the size of the streets.
There are only small streets in the area, no main and wide street linking Place de la Garde to Clamart station (Transilien N, Grand Paris Express red line).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
/French spelling is not one of my strengths.
Me too and I am french.
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #540
MK Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Antony - Clamart tram
STIF (Paris regional transportation autority) Board approved the first phase of studies
The line would be 8.2km long with 14 stations

Early 2013: presentation of the project and public meetings
2013 - 2014: Further studies
2015: Public inquiry
2016 - 2017: In-depth studies
2017: Start of construction
2020 - 2021: Opening

No number yet but it is likely to be called T10
Are we looking at a full-blown tram line or a Translohr line here? Seeing as it interchanges with the Translohr T6 then interoperability would make some sense. Then again the use of a totally incompatible system for T5 and T6 is a complete mystery to me.

Tags
paris, paris transport