daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #961
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26195

Huge crowds at Chatillion, courtesy of France 3:
http://france3-regions.francetvinfo....ls-612514.html

Minato ku, CB31, geometarkv liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM   #962
Minato ku

I was here! The weather was bad, it was cold and it rained so I'll take more pictures another day.

Châtillon-Montrouge

Pavé Blanc

Robert Wagner

Say good bye to the bus line 295 (Porte d'Orléans - Vélizy 2).
Its route is replaced by the tram T6 and bus line 388 (extented from Châtillon-Montrouge to Porte d’Orléans).

Old December 13th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #963
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26195

So, Minato, have you got any first impressions?
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #964
Minato ku

Well, as always with the Translohr the ride is not as smooth as a steel tram but this is still more comfortable than a bus.
Unlike the T5, the rolling stock is long (46 m).
The ride is neither slow but neither very fast, it has quite sharp curves between Pavé Blanc and Vélizy 2 where it goes back to a more straight route.
Not everything was done in the stations, some still don't have their names displayed on signs but this is better than the opening of the T7 when most stations had no sign at the opening.

My impressions are rather positive.

Last edited by Minato ku; December 14th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #965
Minato ku

Video of the T6's inauguration at Châtillon-Montrouge by ErebosSan

dimlys1994, MK Tom liked this post
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #966
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Likes (Received): 531

I will never understand the reason why Paris wants that shitty Translohr? Why? Do they want public transport Zoo, only to say oh look we have a rubber tired tram trolley bus hybrid orgasm thing

Slow, narrow, low space, riding quality very poor, shitty thing that alwas need cleaning the guiding rail.

Two idiot French cities, Caen and Nany already want to change to Tram, although they have another idiotic thinc not Translohr but almost the same rubbish. A lot of money to built and maintain and now they want Tram hahaha
Old December 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #967
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9964

Oh and BTW the hybrid thing they chose in Caen and Nancy has nothing to do with the Translohr which, whether you personally like this fact or not, is a true tramway.

Just like for example the rubber-tyred metros are true trains/metros as well, despite their tyres.

And if they chose the Translohr for the T6 line in Paris that's because it's a much more efficient system in climbing slopes than classic trams, knowing that this line crosses very hilly areas.

RoccatArvo liked this post
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #968
donquichotedelmedina
BANNËD

Likes (Received): 5256

Châtillon Montrouge -- Vélizy Villacoublay

Clamart (Avenue Charles de Gaulle)

Vélizy (Avenue de l'Europe)

«Une nation de moutons engendre aussitôt un gouvernement de loup»
Edouard R.Murrow
donquichotedelmedina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #969
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

What about Translohr makes them good at hill-climbing? Conventional streetcars have been known to climb grades of up to 29% (29-Fineview line in Pittsburgh).

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #970
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramwayman View Post
I will never understand the reason why Paris wants that shitty Translohr? Why? Do they want public transport Zoo, only to say oh look we have a rubber tired tram trolley bus hybrid orgasm thing

Slow, narrow, low space, riding quality very poor, shitty thing that alwas need cleaning the guiding rail.

Two idiot French cities, Caen and Nany already want to change to Tram, although they have another idiotic thinc not Translohr but almost the same rubbish. A lot of money to built and maintain and now they want Tram hahaha
I dislike the tone of this post. Please keep the discussion respectful as to the merits of each individual system. It is a valid discussion to have, but when one comes to the discussion with such a disrespectful tone, it makes proper, structured discussion impossible to have.

Thanks.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #971
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

Oh and BTW the hybrid thing they chose in Caen and Nancy has nothing to do with the Translohr which, whether you personally like this fact or not, is a true tramway.

Just like for example the rubber-tyred metros are true trains/metros as well, despite their tyres.

And if they chose the Translohr for the T6 line in Paris that's because it's a much more efficient system in climbing slopes than classic trams, knowing that this line crosses very hilly areas.
>Oh my god what slopes? hahah how many % are this slopes? Modern trams handle slopes very well 9% in Jerusalem, 11% in Augsburg, 10% in Tenerifa, Bombardier Flexity trams and Citadis trams run on this lines so please Paris doesn't have any slope close to that.

Translohrs can handle slopes up tp 13% as their brochure says that, well a normal tram can handle this too. So I do not see any reason for building that crapy thing.

And pleas it is not a tram, Tram is what runs on rails!!!!!!!

lechevallierpatrick, Silly_Walks liked this post
Tramwayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #972
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
I dislike the tone of this post. Please keep the discussion respectful as to the merits of each individual system. It is a valid discussion to have, but when one comes to the discussion with such a disrespectful tone, it makes proper, structured discussion impossible to have.

Thanks.
Buy the way I am not discussing anything, just saying what I think about Translohr and that's it. If that's disrespectful to the Translohrs they can sew me for offending their rubber tires, narrow body, and bumpy ride
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #973
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquichotedelmedina View Post
Châtillon Montrouge -- Vélizy Villacoublay

[CENTER]Clamart (Avenue Charles de Gaulle)

Both picturess are in Châtillon, Avenue de Verdun.
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #974
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9964

Quote:
Oh my god what slopes? [...] Paris doesn't have any slope close to that.
Wrong! You'll be surprised to learn that the T6 line has and will have several slopes up to 10%. (that's why, among other reasons, they chose the Translohr for this line...oh and sorry if they didn't ask for your expertise before making such a choice ..so, sorry for you again but deal with it, dear)

Quote:
a normal tram can handle this too.
Despite your so called certainties (so nicely expressed BTW ), some Citadis cannot so easily do so apparently, for example on the T3 line in Paris, near the Pte de Versailles Station there is a 7% (only ) slope on the line... and you know what about that? Several times on rainy days, I saw this 42m-long Citadis 402 tram full of passengers (myself included) making two attempts to climb this 'little' 7% slope (I admit it was quite funny to experiment).

Quote:

Anyway....

Last edited by parcdesprinces; December 15th, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 02:40 PM   #975
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8835

Quote:
Buy the way I am not discussing anything, just saying what I think about Translohr and that's it. If that's disrespectful to the Translohrs they can sew me for offending their rubber tires, narrow body, and bumpy ride
You're now being disingenuous. You're just throwing out opinions as fact. Whilst you can have an opinion, it is best to phrase it as such and do so in a constructive manner.

Final warning, reply nicely without expletives and without rudeness or don't post here on this subject. Thank you.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM   #976
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10832

I remember taking the bus once (2-3 years ago) on this route, from Porte d'Orléans to the Clamart hospital, when the works were already started. There were quite a few hilly bits, I'll be curious to see if I can identify them on Street View.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #977
Minato ku

The south of Chatillon is pretty hilly. I think you are looking for Avenue de Verdun.
Old December 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #978
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Wrong! You'll be surprised to learn that the T6 line has and will have several slopes up to 10%. (that's why, among other reasons, they chose the Translohr for this line...oh and sorry if they didn't ask for your expertise before making such a choice ..so, sorry for you again but deal with it, dear)

Despite your so called certainties (so nicely expressed BTW ), some Citadis cannot so easily do so apparently, for example on the T3 line in Paris, near the Pte de Versailles Station there is a 7% (only ) slope on the line... and you know what about that? Several times on rainy days, I saw this 42m-long Citadis 402 tram full of passengers (myself included) making two attempts to climb this 'little' 7% slope (I admit it was quite funny to experiment).

Anyway....
I do not have to deal with anything, I do not even live there, do not have to ride them.

Hahaha Citadis trams are rubbish, everyone knows that, they are only beautiful, but technically they're nothing, a complete rubbish. Apparentely they need stronger trams on T3 how come they didn't think that

Although Citadis Trams ruun in Jerusalem on 9% slopes quite easily, as well as in Tenerifa on 10% slopes, the whole Tenerifa is a city on hills.

If a tram in France can not handle 10% that is problem for France, and their tramway production, Bombardier Flexity's in Augsburg handle 11% and they are 43 meters long.

Is that an excuse to construct a translohr system? they're freaking narrow 2.20 mm no space in them. Bumpy ride, and that roller coaster guiding system that need special care to maintain. And they are slower than trams.

So please do not tell me that Paris had to constract that because there was no other way, when Citadis trams are so bad they can buy trams from Bombardier which are way cooler then all the production of Alstom.
Old December 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM   #979
RoccatArvo
Cousin caché de Caserass

Likes (Received): 8601

Quote:
It's a tram on tyres. Except the wheels and the bogies, the rest is very similar to a classic tram.
RoccatArvo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #980
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccatArvo View Post
It's a tram on tyres. Except the wheels and the bogies, the rest is very similar to a classic tram.
Tram on tires

It is Translohr not a Tram that's why it has name TRANSLOHR. a completely new mode of transport.

Let's call then trolleybuses a bus with horns
Or trackless bus with horns

Let's call bus, tram on tires without catenary and electricity.

what is wrong with people, for AMERICANS everything that runs on rails is TRAIN.

Tags
paris, paris transport