daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 10th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #101
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

Likes (Received): 36

the stadium will not located on those spread islands...

perhaps only the big three islands, Java, Sumatra, and Kalimantan...
that build a high class Stadium.. also we will build Java-Sumatra bridge and bullet train for Java island..

Since Japan-Korea separated by sea, why we can't?
we separated by sea but we still one BIG country..

Sponsored Links

Old February 10th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #102
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

another Indoor Stadium..

Old February 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #103
lpioe

Likes (Received): 14

Is the indonesian league popular in the country? Or follow the people more european leagues? What attendance get the top clubs?

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #104
tollfreak
Valid User

Likes (Received): 7

regarding that, i'll repost this story from Goal.com, but in my approximately 95% of indonesian soccer fans follow the European leagues, while 60% of the population care about the local league.

Peter Butler: If Indonesia Puts Its House In Order, It Could Host A Great World Cup
Ex-West Ham midfielder Peter Butler has coached all around Asia. That stint included two years in the Indonesian league. The Englishman was thrilled to learn that the nation wants the 2022 World Cup but warns that widespread corruption in the game needs to be eradicated...

The thought of Indonesia bidding for a World Cup has me thinking how positive it could be for the game there. After spending two years of my coaching career in the hurly-burly world of Indonesian Football I learned a few things.

Anybody reading this thinking it’s a footballing backwater should take my advice: get on a plane and go to Indonesia to watch a game. The atmosphere at one of the top games will blow you away - big crowds week in, week out, full houses of 40- 50,000 are not uncommon.

Apologies to my Australian friends but if you go to a top game in the A-League, all you will probably hear for 90 minutes is ‘Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie, Oi Oi Oi !!!’

Go to Indonesia and you will get an atmosphere to rival anywhere in Asia. They are fanactical. Last season I was at Arema Malang for a game. Those fans are without doubt the best fans in Indonesia. There were over 45,000 in the stadium, constantly singing and dancing on the terraces.

I have always said and believed Indonesian football is the jewel in the crown of Asian Football. It will only get bigger and better and go forward if they can drive out the corruption which exists in the game there.

Sadly, corruption is rampant within the sport and the Asian Football Confederation and FIFA need to get a grip of it because it is out of control.

I myself am owed over $45,000 by my ex-club, Persiba Balikapapan, and over 50 players are presently fighting their cases with FIFPro at FIFA to receive what they are owed.

There is no protection for coaches and players, and sadly many club officials manipulate the system for their own personal gain, sack coaches and players at will and refuse to pay what is owed on their contracts. The Indonesian FA turn a blind eye.

I have had players on my doorstep and crying on the phone to me begging for help because their club will not pay their contract and they have a wife and kids to feed. The AFC are not interested.

People will always ask if Indonesia is safe to hold such a major event. All I can say is: I have never had a problem in Indonesia in my time and have always felt safe. The people in Jakarta are wonderful people, and Indonesians in general are wonderful. They are so vibrant.

2022 is a long way away and I would love for the hopes and dreams of Indonesian football, and the wonderful people of Indonesia, to come true and that they get a chance to host the tournament. It would be fantastic for a nation of genuine football lovers.

After all the tragic events which have happened in recent years it would be a dream come true for my Indonesian friends to see the spectacle of world football take place there, and I hopefully will be there with them watching England win the trophy at the Gelora Bung Karno. Dreams sometimes do come true!

Peter Butler

taken from:http://www.goal.com/en/news/1649/wcq...it-could-host-
tollfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #105
~MELVINDONESIA~
INDONESIA

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
Is the indonesian league popular in the country? Or follow the people more european leagues? What attendance get the top clubs?
I think,ISL (Indonesian Super League ) is very popular in Indonesia...

And,ISL is the best league in ASEAN (@AFC Rank),
~MELVINDONESIA~ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #106
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
i just talking by the pic..

and many more you can find from Google and Youtube..
Old February 10th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #107
lpioe

Likes (Received): 14

That sounds (and looks) great.
It seems like most of the stadia built or renovated for the WC could be well used after the games.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #108
jaystar

Likes (Received): 0

indonesias fan

visit the indonesian forum...and enjoy!!!
jaystar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #109
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

tenggarong stadium is almost finished not Proposed.

cheers
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #110
~MELVINDONESIA~
INDONESIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by =NaNdA= View Post
i just talking by the pic..

and many more you can find from Google and Youtube..
WaW!
Really Great...Awesome!
One of the BEST SUPPORTER in the world...

Also in Badminton too
Old February 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #111
hngcm

Likes (Received): 2

I don't think you can use that many stadiums with a running track...
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #112
jaystar

Likes (Received): 0

why not?
berlin, stuttgart have also running tracks...

visit the indonesian forum...and enjoy!!!
jaystar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #113
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

AFAIK, FIFA only allow several stadium with running track, not all stadium..

Athletic track isn't a major problem i think..
we can covered, or renovated to get more seats..
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #114
raynsity

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
AFAIK, FIFA only allow several stadium with running track, not all stadium..

Athletic track isn't a major problem i think..
we can covered, or renovated to get more seats..
of course that's a major problem. FIFA on it's WC regulation has already said that stadium with athletic tracks must be limited. it's not saying that you can't have those kinds of stadiums, but the problem is from what i saw on TV yesterday morning WIB, all of the stadiums proposed will have athletic tracks.

if that happens then Indonesia will have the same problem like China.
raynsity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #115
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

i mean... the stadium can be modified to cover or lose the tracks for a while...

major problems for me example, we don't have any International Stadium right now
but we still want to host WC.. nah.. that's a major problem...
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #116
tollfreak
Valid User

Likes (Received): 7

Indonesia upbeat to host `green' World Cup

Tony Hotland , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Tue, 02/10/2009 2:40 PM | Sports

The Soccer Association of Indonesia (PSSI) is moving to kick off its campaign to host the 2022 World Cup, its chairman Nurdin Halid said.

PSSI is campaigning for the heart of world's soccer ruling body FIFA by sounding out its World Cup host country proposal to FIFA members and hosting the FIFA president next month.

In a presentation Monday, Nurdin said he believed Indonesia stood a chance to win FIFA's approval to host the 2022 World Cup, despite the relatively poorer infrastructure, coupled with the low quality of the national squad compared to other candidates.

He said Indonesia had proposed a "Green World Cup 2022", hoping to capitalize on the current green and global warming movement worldwide.

"Our deforestation rate has contributed much to world pollution. By hosting the World Cup, we wish to build infrastructure and facilities that are environmentally friendly so we can give more to the planet," he said.

The PSSI, he said, would send its proposal this week to FIFA members to give them an idea of what Indonesia was offering.

Nurdin added that FIFA president Joseph S. Blatter would pay a visit to Indonesia "sometime in March", but declined to disclose the agenda.

He also said the construction of 10 new stadiums across the country, ranging in capacity from 40,000 to 50,000 spectators, were expected to be completed by 2015.

These stadiums are in Surabaya, Makassar, Medan, Tangerang, Yogyakarta and Gianyar.

Indonesia currently has three stadiums - Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta, Gelora Sriwijaya in Palembang and Palaran in Samarinda.

Other countries also bidding for the 2022 World Cup are Australia, Belgium and the Netherlands (as co-hosts), England, Japan, Russia, Mexico, the United States, South Korea, Qatar and Spain and Portugal (as co-hosts).

State Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs Adhyaksa Dault said the government was upbeat about the proposal and would "provide assistance in all aspects".

"What needs to be remembered is that all efforts must be integrated and coordinated," he said.

Adhyaksa also pointed out that Mexico and Brazil, which he said were not well-off countries, had twice played host to world soccer's showpiece event.

"Hoping that we'll be better in 2022, I think we could be a good host," he said.

FIFA is scheduled to announce the 2022 host on Dec. 10, 2010.

Indonesia has hosted a number of international conferences and sporting events, including the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference and last year's inaugural Asian Beach Games.

However, critics have snubbed the proposal, saying Indonesia needs to improve the quality of its national squad first (currently ranked 144th in the world) before seeking to hog the world stage.

Despite the sport's wide popularity here, soccer is barely an industry yet, while thousands of clubs are still rated amateur.

In addition, fanaticism among local soccer fans has led to several chaotic incidents that have resulted in fatalities and financial losses.
tollfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #117
~MELVINDONESIA~
INDONESIA

Green World Cup...
I think it is a good theme...
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #118
Joop20

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollfreak View Post
Indonesia upbeat to host `green' World Cup

"Our deforestation rate has contributed much to world pollution. By hosting the World Cup, we wish to build infrastructure and facilities that are environmentally friendly so we can give more to the planet," he said.

These stadiums are in Surabaya, Makassar, Medan, Tangerang, Yogyakarta and Gianyar.

Indonesia currently has three stadiums - Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta, Gelora Sriwijaya in Palembang and Palaran in Samarinda.
Interesting... At first I was kind of laughing about the 'green' world cup theme. But it could make sense if Indonesia actually starts with putting an end to the massive deforestation in the countries and starts to respect it's own nature more. Also huge investments in things like public transport and clean energy would have to be made. If not the 'green' theme would just be an empty shell in my opinion.

Do they mean Gianyar on Bali as the place where one of the stadia will be build? And why Tangerang? I thought that was just an industrial suburb of Jakarta?
Joop20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #119
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop20 View Post
Interesting... At first I was kind of laughing about the 'green' world cup theme. But it could make sense if Indonesia actually starts with putting an end to the massive deforestation in the countries and starts to respect it's own nature more. Also huge investments in things like public transport and clean energy would have to be made. If not the 'green' theme would just be an empty shell in my opinion.
Yeah Go Green..

Photo in 2004 : Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta

Old February 12th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #120
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
i mean... the stadium can be modified to cover or lose the tracks for a while...
That's not what he/FIFA are saying. It's not a matter of simply covering the tracks, it's about having stands at closer distances to the pitch. Meaning - a venue not usable for general athletics. Bottom line, FIFA would like 7 of the 10 venues to be specifically designed for football/soccer and not for Olympic sports.

Tags
samarinda