daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do You like stadiums
Yes 154 96.86%
No 5 3.14%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM   #181
Brent H.

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonChickenpants
Brent,do you like any staduims outside of the USA?
Of course, just havent had the oppurtunity to visit any! I know the NFL wants to play a regular season game in the new Wembley Stadium which would be cool (although theres nothing wrong with a traditional footy match). The new Emirates stadium is amazing, as are Old Trafford and Allainz Arena. There are many more.
Brent H. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2006, 04:31 PM   #182
BaronVonChickenpants

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent H.
Of course, just havent had the oppurtunity to visit any! I know the NFL wants to play a regular season game in the new Wembley Stadium which would be cool (although theres nothing wrong with a traditional footy match). The new Emirates stadium is amazing, as are Old Trafford and Allainz Arena. There are many more.

BRENT,sorry,i didn't read the thread properly.
Your right,it would be amazing if a proper NFL regular season game could be staged at Wembley,but there is a chance that OLD TRAFFORD will host a TAMPA game,considering the the links Man Utd and Tampa have(owned the the Glazers)
BaronVonChickenpants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:40 PM   #183
matherto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonChickenpants
BRENT,sorry,i didn't read the thread properly.
Your right,it would be amazing if a proper NFL regular season game could be staged at Wembley,but there is a chance that OLD TRAFFORD will host a TAMPA game,considering the the links Man Utd and Tampa have(owned the the Glazers)
NO, please god no! If our sacred turf ever got tainted by that shitty Yank's other team, he would be lynched!
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM   #184
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by matherto
NO, please god no! If our sacred turf ever got tainted by that shitty Yank's other team, he would be lynched!
Amen to that!

Anyway, I'm going to minimise the potential to look like a tit by uploading these one at a time. And so, without further ado, I give you, in second place:

2. Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin TX, USA (now DKR Stadium) (capacity then: around 80,000); visit to stadium not on matchday, March 1994.

EADGBE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 11:45 PM   #185
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

D'Oh!

2. Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin TX, USA (now DKR Stadium) (capacity then: around 80,000); visit to stadium not on matchday, March 1994.

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:55 PM   #186
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

D'Oh!!!

2. Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin TX, USA (now DKR Stadium) (capacity then: around 80,000); visit to stadium not on matchday, March 1994. I've found a better picture anyway as it had the running track when I was there (if I can manage to post it)

Old March 1st, 2006, 11:56 PM   #187
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Hurrah!

3. Twickenham, London, UK (capacity then: 75,000); 1996 cross-code Challenge (2nd leg) Bath v Wigan (attendance: estimated 42,000)

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:06 AM   #188
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Okay, got the hang of this now...

4. Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, UK
(capacity: 74,500); 2006 Carling Cup Final - last Sunday (attendance: 66,866)

5. Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
(capacity: 68,174); Too many games to mention 1986-present. Most recent game: United v Blackburn (2006 Carling Cup Semi-Final, 2nd leg) (attendance: 61,637)

6. Stadium of Light, Sunderland, UK
(capacity: 49,000); Sunderland v United (2000 Worthington Cup 4th Round) (attendance: 47,543)

7. Anfield, Liverpool, UK
(capacity then: 40,000); Italy v Russia (Euro '96) (attendance: 35,120)

8. Goodison Park, Liverpool, UK
(capacity: 40,000); Everton v Middlesbrough, (Premiership, December 26th 1996) (attendance: unknown - ave 36,188 that season)

9. Central Park, Wigan, UK
(capacity then: 37,000); Wigan v Manly (World Club Challenge, 1987) (attendance: 36,895)

10. City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester, UK
(capacity then: 34,000); 2002 Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens) (attendance: unknown)

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:34 AM   #189
40Acres
Texas Our Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADGBE
D'Oh!!!

2. Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin TX, USA (now DKR Stadium) (capacity then: around 80,000); visit to stadium not on matchday, March 1994. I've found a better picture anyway as it had the running track when I was there (if I can manage to post it)

cool. I've been in that stadium, oh, 50 or 55 times ... which is where i went to school. This link is what it looks like now and will look in the coming years (2008).

What were you in Austin for?
40Acres no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:19 AM   #190
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Acres

What were you in Austin for?
I was at Lancaster University 1992-1995 and in my second year, two of my friends got an exchange or something to UT. Around Spring Break time in '94, I got my student load and bought a ticket to Austin. Had a great time for two weeks and found out just why Austin is regarded as one of the most vibrant places to go for a night out in the US!

Anyway, I killed some time there one morning while my mates were in a tutorial, sat watching the sprinters doing their start training. I was amazed that you could just wander at will around the place (although access to the upper tier was locked). I did walk right to the top of the concourse (eleven floors up as I remember!)

It will always be extraordinary to us over here that College football is such a significant part of the sporting landscape. When our University team played soccer games against other teams, they were lucky to get a crowd of 80. To see a stadium of 80,000 for (in one sense, at least) the equivalent thing in America is just bizarre. You can't even think of it as a 'Division 2' [archaic English term] to the NFL because the crowds are even bigger than that! In may ways to us, it just defies all logic!

Anyway, I'm sure you had a great time at Austin. I defy anyone not to!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:17 PM   #191
bubomb
BANNED

Show a photo of your favourite stadium....

.....outside of your own country. And you can only show five photos at the max, so pick a good one's. I'll get the ball rolling -

Olimpiyskiy Kompleks Luzhniki (Moscow). Capacity - 84745

bubomb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM   #192
kingdomca

I wonder if the russians are beginning to use this stadium again now the surface is allowed for football.
kingdomca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM   #193
Noostairz

Likes (Received): 10

it's gotta be either the reliant stadium (usa) or the allianz arena (germany) for me:

reliant:

allianz:
Noostairz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:16 PM   #194
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6313

Well, seeing as I can't say Wembley or Old Trafford, and edennewstairs has already mentioned the Reliant Stadium, I'm gonna have to choose another one of my favourite stadiums: The Olympic Stadium in Athens:

And I'd also like to give a quick mention to the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff:

It's a shame it won't have a lot of use when Wembley is complete, although seeing games being played in Wembley will wipe away any shread of pity I have for the Millenium stadium

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM   #195
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1158

I like the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, never been there though:

Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #196
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

I can't believe no-one's had this yet, so I'll claim it:

The Camp Nou, Barcelona (capacity: 98,934): surely the ultimate football stadium anywhere on Earth!

It is to my constant regret that, having gone to Barcelona on a stag party in May 2002, I decided against making my own pilgrimage, thinking everyone else would think me a bit sad. The next day, I found that a Catalan XI had played Brazil there in a pre World Cup warm-up match. Not only was the game an excuse for us all to go, but it was Brazil too!!

One day, I'll go back...
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #197
2zanzibar

How the hell do I post a bloody image!! any ideas???
2zanzibar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:27 AM   #198
Bigmac1212
My mind is fragile

Likes (Received): 206

Click on the "Go Advance" button on the Quick Reply section. Click the square with the mountain, orange sky and sun. This is importaint: paste the URL of the picture ITSELF in the popup box. Click OK.

If you're using Windows, you can get the pictures URL by right-clicking on the picture and copying the URL in the popup box.
Bigmac1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #199
daniel322

Likes (Received): 668

Ok itīs not a huge stadium.. but i think its beautiful and it's my hometown team stadium.
The stadium has the shape of U because the team represents the students association of the local university
The capacity is 30000 and its located in the center of Coimbra, Portugal.

[IMG][/IMG]

daniel322 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #200
eli

Santiago Bernabéu Stadium (Real Madrid)

eli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
glass