daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do You like stadiums
Yes 154 96.86%
No 5 3.14%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 24th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #361
jiggawhat?

Likes (Received): 198

seattles safeco field or qwest field
jiggawhat? no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #362
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

Likes (Received): 296

as much as i like (kind of) Ibrox, it is not deserving to be considered for the best stadium in the world
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #363
Eat poor people
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Be quiet or i'll have you shot!!! What one person likes in a stadium will be totally different to another person. I much prefer the Reebok to Old Trafford for example. The Reebok may be far smaller, but it looks much nicer in my opinion, creates a fantastic atmosphere and is almost the perfect stadium for a club the size of Bolton. Old Trafford in my opinion is very poor. The seats are cramped and horrible to sit in, it is very bland, the roofs look terrible (in my opinion), the facilities are of the usual cheap/ modern/nasty standard and it had no redeeming features. It is just 3 large modern stands just like any other modern stadium. Nothing special at all in my opinion.

Others though (mainly Man United fans) will think it is great becasue it is big. Some people go for quantity, whereas I go for quality. Having been to both stadiums, I rate the Reebok far higher than Old Trafford....that is my opinion and you cannot change it. Having a go at somebody who thinks Ibrox is the best stadium in the world is idiotic. It is their opinion and you cannot change it, you simply have to accept it!

Although it is too early to tell, I am almost certain I won't like Wembley due to the horrendous exterior (bland rubbish modern glass facades that we have all seen in business/retail parks a thousand times). The silly arch also does nothing for me either, whereas others like the arch. I generally do not like modern bland architecture, so it is unlikely the new Wembley will be in my top 20 stadiums in the world, whereas the one below is one of my favourites in the world due to the style and the architecture -

http://tinyurl.com/q5ejz

Yes, I am almost certain that I will prefer Stockholms Stadion to the new Wembley. Why is that a problem to some people?

You will find a lot of people have favourite stadiums that are outside the usual big modern famous stadiums.

As for Bubomb's favourite stadium?? He doesn't have one!! He has about 20 which he rates as the best in the world, but cannot separate them as they are all superb in their own ways (in his opinion). It's like your favourite movie, I have too many favourite movies to say which one is the best.

Last edited by Eat poor people; April 24th, 2006 at 08:10 PM.
Eat poor people no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #364
Goofy
In the brig

I don't think anybody's having a go, merely giving their reasons why Ibrox, in their opinion, doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside the great stadiums in the world, just like you gave your opinion on why Old Trafford doesn't.

I agree 100% with regards the Reebok; the only slight reservation I have with it is all clubs aspire to grow and improve (unless you're called Manchester City) and I'm not quite sure how possible it would be to increase capacity. It seems like the design has not included any scope for this. As far as fairly new stadiums go though, when you compare it to the Pride Parks, St. Marys', Riversides, Walkers, etc., it's far better.
Goofy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #365
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6313

How many re-incarnations do you need BuBomb??? You're an idiot no matter who you're posing as, so why bother?? We know you have an Ibrox fettish, we get it, so please don't post any more pictures of it, cus thanx to you on nearly every thread we've all seen them a doesen times! It's a nice enough stadium, as stadiums go, but the point people are trying to make is that it doesn't belong in contension for the title of 'best stadium in the world', even you must see that!

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #366
Eat poor people
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit Slim
How many re-incarnations do you need BuBomb??? You're an idiot no matter who you're posing as, so why bother?? We know you have an Ibrox fettish, we get it, so please don't post any more pictures of it, cus thanx to you on nearly every thread we've all seen them a doesen times! It's a nice enough stadium, as stadiums go, but the point people are trying to make is that it doesn't belong in contension for the title of 'best stadium in the world', even you must see that!

I think you are the idiot as you fail to understand that one persons opinion on the best stadium in the world is just as valid as another persons opinion. At no point did I say Ibrox was the best stadium in the world (I said 'here is one of my favourite club stadiums in the world'). Somebody posted that the Seattle Stadium is the best stadium in the world. I disagree with that poster, but that is his/her opinion so I am not going to cry over it. Their opinion on the best stadium in the world is their opinion, I cannot change that. To that poster, the Seattle Stadium IS the best stadium in the world. If I thought Ibrox was the best stadium in the world, then it WOULD be the best stadium in the world to me, and that is all that counts.

Face facts mate - you are a moron, an arrogant arsehole and a general wanker, and I will ALWAYS be here to remind you of that.
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #367
asdfg

Likes (Received): 512

Yes, technically everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However there are opinions that are correct and opinions that are wrong.

If I said that in my opinion the Earth is square then everyone knows that is a ridiculous opinion and is quite frankly WRONG. Any claim that Ibrox is amongst the greatest stadiums in the world is equally as ridiculous.

I mean it's not even the best stadium in Glasgow, nevermind the world.
asdfg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #368
NFLeuropefan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocino
NFL Europe = shit
Ohhh c'mon, that was a cheap shot.....
NFLeuropefan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #369
NFLeuropefan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAM
It's a well known fact that all gridiron fans are homosexuals.
Oh boy, now there's an intelligent post..........
NFLeuropefan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #370
Eat poor people
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfg
Yes, technically everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However there are opinions that are correct and opinions that are wrong.

If I said that in my opinion the Earth is square then everyone knows that is a ridiculous opinion and is quite frankly WRONG. Any claim that Ibrox is amongst the greatest stadiums in the world is equally as ridiculous.

I mean it's not even the best stadium in Glasgow, nevermind the world.
You fail to notice a key difference pea-brain!! It is a fact that the Earth is round, so any opinion on the Earth not being round is wrong. However, there is no such fact as to what stadium is the best in the world, so any opinion on what is the best stadium in the world cannot be 'wrong'.

As for Ibrox not being the best in Glasgow....Aye, very good timothy, not a patch on the San Giro!!
Old April 25th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #371
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

ok Bubomb we get u, u love ibrox just stop posting all ur rifraff!!!
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:07 AM   #372
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat poor people
I think you are the idiot as you fail to understand that one persons opinion on the best stadium in the world is just as valid as another persons opinion. At no point did I say Ibrox was the best stadium in the world (I said 'here is one of my favourite club stadiums in the world'). Somebody posted that the Seattle Stadium is the best stadium in the world. I disagree with that poster, but that is his/her opinion so I am not going to cry over it. Their opinion on the best stadium in the world is their opinion, I cannot change that. To that poster, the Seattle Stadium IS the best stadium in the world. If I thought Ibrox was the best stadium in the world, then it WOULD be the best stadium in the world to me, and that is all that counts.

Face facts mate - you are a moron, an arrogant arsehole and a general wanker, and I will ALWAYS be here to remind you of that.
Oh the irony here. You're calling me a moron??.....this coming from a delusional Scottish cretin who has to create multiple accounts cus he keeps getting banned, who trys idioticly to convince everyone he's not BuBomb, embarrasses himself and his country, ruins every thread he steps into, a guy who preaches about allowing people their own oppinions when he himself trolls onto every Wembley thread and posts nonsense and trys to make a joke about it over and over again, a guy considered a complete prat by most, not worthy of attension by others, and an utter joke by the rest......did I leave anything out??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat poor people
I will ALWAYS be here to remind you of that
Mate...you just don't get it do you...I don't care! Do you relly think I give a crap what YOU think?? What my best friend thinks, what my brothers think, what the Prime Minister thinks, what guys like WjFox and Its AlL gUUd think etc etc...I care what they all think...but an utter loser like you...sorry, but you're an idiot, you know it, i know it, everyone on this forum knows it...so no, I don't give a dam what you think or say. In life you're always gonna run into some of the lesser human beings on this planet, but I just thank God I don't live anywhere near Glasgow. Encountering you on a small section of this website aint too bad, I spend most of my time on other parts of the site anyway, which is quite lucky for me, as you don't seem to have infected other areas- in this respect I am most grateful to you.

To get back to the point. This thread isn't entitled 'your favourite stadium', it's about the best stadium in the world, and I don't think even you BuBomb can possibly argue that Ibrox deserves to be in this thread. Just admit it, it was just an excuse for you to post the same old pictures of Ibrox you've posted a thousand times!

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #373
Don't cry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit Slim
not worthy of attension by others......Do you relly think I give a crap what YOU think??
How thick can one human be??? I am clearly worthy of your attention and you clearly care very dearly what I think, as you constantly spend time replying to my posts!!! If you didn't care about me, then you would simply ignore me!!

But you can't, you just can't stay away from the Stadium King that is the great Bubomb. I bet you even reply to this post!! Will you continue to be stupid? or will you grow a brain? Try and ignore this post pea-brain!! Can you do it??? Oh I don't know??....I can sense your urge to reply!! Fight the urge to reply pea-brain...FIGHT THE URGE!!!

p.s - whatever stadium I think is the best in the world, (even if it was somewhere like Bramall Lane), would be the best stadium in the world to me and that is what the thread asked. This is a fact and no bubblin from some wankstain on a forum would change that!! Many people will have different opinions on the best stadium in the world. Some may seem strange choices, but you cannot change the fact that in the posters opinion, his/her choice is the best stadium in the world to him/her. Learn to accept that and then maybe people won't class you as an arrogant English bellend! (I have mentioned your nationality as you always refer to my nationality for some bizarre reason, so now you will see just how stupid it is to constantly quote my nationality)

The urge to reply.....you've got it haven't you? Fight it boy...fight it!!
Don't cry? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #374
pompeyfan

Likes (Received): 84

hello bubomb

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #375
pompeyfan

Likes (Received): 84

or welly, oooh shut that door, don't cry, eat poor people, quorn

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #376
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its AlL gUUd
heres Bubomb, Durbsboi
No need to tell, its quite obvious, who's banning him all the time? who's the moderators for the stadium Forum?

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #377
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLeuropefan
Ohhh c'mon, that was a cheap shot.....
I dont think that was a cheap shot,

NFL Europe does really = shit, & all the other bad things you can think off.

Bucket Facebook Page
Old April 25th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #378
Its AlL gUUd
Cute but Psycho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't cry?
How thick can one human be??? I am clearly worthy of your attention and you clearly care very dearly what I think, as you constantly spend time replying to my posts!!! If you didn't care about me, then you would simply ignore me!!

But you can't, you just can't stay away from the Stadium King that is the great Bubomb. I bet you even reply to this post!! Will you continue to be stupid? or will you grow a brain? Try and ignore this post pea-brain!! Can you do it??? Oh I don't know??....I can sense your urge to reply!! Fight the urge to reply pea-brain...FIGHT THE URGE!!!

p.s - whatever stadium I think is the best in the world, (even if it was somewhere like Bramall Lane), would be the best stadium in the world to me and that is what the thread asked. This is a fact and no bubblin from some wankstain on a forum would change that!! Many people will have different opinions on the best stadium in the world. Some may seem strange choices, but you cannot change the fact that in the posters opinion, his/her choice is the best stadium in the world to him/her. Learn to accept that and then maybe people won't class you as an arrogant English bellend! (I have mentioned your nationality as you always refer to my nationality for some bizarre reason, so now you will see just how stupid it is to constantly quote my nationality)

The urge to reply.....you've got it haven't you? Fight it boy...fight it!!
c'mon now its getting a bit sad now, if u want to start a new account at least act like a decent human being, then you won't get banned. even u bubomb shud be clever enough to figure that one out.
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #379
R.J. MacReady
BANNED

I'm a long time lurker, but I had to register (I'm not Bubomb) to make a point. Everytime that guy 'Jack Rabbit' insults somebody from Scotland, he always calls them a 'SCOTTISH wanker' or a SCOTTISH loser' etc. He always adds the word 'Scottish' in a derogatory manner before his insult!! A wanker is wanker regardless of where he/she comes from. Can something be done about this guys obvious racist attitude towards Scots, as if I called someone a 'Chinese' wanker or an 'English' wanker or a 'Black' wanker, then it would rightfully be classed as racist. I'm getting sick of his derogatory use of the word 'Scottish', as he is implying everybody from Scotland is a wanker. Call somebody a wanker if you want, but stop the racist inclusion of the word 'Scottish' before every insult. I'm sure most posters would object to being called an 'English' wanker if they were from England. 'Jack Rabbit' likes to cry 'bigotry' when it suits him, but it is clear to me that he is an anti-Scottish bigot!! I can tell you one thing for sure - He wouldn't dare use that language in Scotland or face to face with a Scot!!! If he did he would get his balls ripped off!
R.J. MacReady no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #380
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

bubomb, why dont have a new name like 'I hate manc's' or 'neville is A shite arse'

Bucket Facebook Page

Tags
glass