daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do You like stadiums
Yes 154 96.86%
No 5 3.14%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #661
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos

Likes (Received): 37

New Valencia CF Stadium

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #662
eMKay

Likes (Received): 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBrit View Post
I'm still trying to work out where all the exits are inside the stadium?
About 2/3 the way up the bowl, most of the stadium is below ground level
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM   #663
NittanyBLUE2002
JoePa4Eva

Likes (Received): 4

NittanyBLUE2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #664
NittanyBLUE2002
JoePa4Eva

Likes (Received): 4

NittanyBLUE2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #665
Tom Hughes

Likes (Received): 991

Celtic's Irishness......etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Well at grounds like Anfield and Old Trafford you might see the odd Irish flag same as you might see the odd Greek flag or Welsh flag but the predominant flag would be the flag of St George or a club flag whereas at Celtic, the Irish flag is the only one you seem to see (even making murals with it).

If only 18% of the Celtic support is Irish that would make around 80% British so you'd think around 80% of the flags on show would be the Scottish or British flag. It's as though these people are ashamed of their nationality and want to be from another country.

And yet you always hear about them wanting to come and play in England and not go and move to Ireland.

Baffling.
Celtic are a club formed by Irish immigrants, they formed their own club partly because the sectarian divides in that city meant they couldn't be part of a certain other established club. They were considered second class citizens....Therefore, is it any wonder that they haven't shed their Irish identity? Their opposite numbers in the North of Ireland take great pride in promoting and inflicting their British identity on the natives. At least Celtic fans aren't marching down your street beating their drums. That said, St Patrick's day in Liverpool is as good as anywhere else in the world, meaning you wont see too many St George's crosses at Goodison...... in fact I think I've seen more tricolours over the years. People also shouldn't confuses EFC's blueness with an affinity with Glasgows blueside....... If you know your history I think you will find the opposite to be true.

Oh, and fave stadia..................

Italy
san siro, stadio nouvo (bari),stadio san paulo (a concrete monster, but great proportions and atmosphere)

Spain
The big two, the Mestalla and seville all great steep multi-tiered amphitheatres.

Germany
Dortmund for atmosphere and its giant South Tribune, Allianz arena for its simple elegance...... I have a feeling it wont have a great atmosphere though, the upper tier is too small..... striking structure though!! Colognes for its functional simplicity..... poor use of corners though can't see why the catenary towers can't be offset further into the corner to create proper corner sections.

In the UK
Think the Millenium stadium is much superior to Twickenham in every respect.
The rest are a mish mash really....... at least Goodison is what it is: The site of the first purpose built football stadium in the world, with two examples of Leitch's work, a 1970's concrete jungle, and flat-pack 90's stand at one end. a feast for the eyes....... if you have been watching your footy for longer than 15 years and you don't mind your view with obstructions!

Elsewhere
Too many to mention.... loads in the US, though it appears over reliance on c-value stand profiling seems to have created some massive viewing distances for a given capacity. Toyota city stadium looks impressive, as does the big Portugese efforts.
Tom Hughes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #666
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Since I'm a football (soccer) fan it's of course a football stadium...and since I'm Bayern Munich fan it must be the Alianz Arena...others could be the Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund or Wembley in London...

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #667
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Athens Olympic Stadium!

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #668
begsy

Likes (Received): 69

I'll be there next Weds. night, COME ON YOU REDS
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:23 AM   #669
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsy View Post
I'll be there next Weds. night, COME ON YOU REDS
Take pictures and enjoy the view!
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #670
Somnifor
Paradise Island

Likes (Received): 3282

My obviously biased favorite isn't a stadium but an indoor hockey arena - the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul, Mn. It is a nice arena. It features an indoor version of a sunken pitch, you enter at street level and immediatly walk into an open concourse at midlevel in the bowl. It is a cool effect the first time because the indoor space is twice as large as the size of the building leads you to expect. It has an intimate feel and there are no bad seats. Some unbiased sources consider it to be the best building in the NHL. Minnesota is a hockey hotbed so the atmosphere is good. Capacity is over 18,000.

Last edited by Somnifor; May 19th, 2007 at 12:42 PM.
Somnifor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #671
Somnifor
Paradise Island

Likes (Received): 3282

Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, Minnesota

Atmosphere

Last edited by Somnifor; May 19th, 2007 at 01:49 PM.
Somnifor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #672
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hughes View Post
Celtic are a club formed by Irish immigrants, they formed their own club partly because the sectarian divides in that city meant they couldn't be part of a certain other established club. They were considered second class citizens....Therefore, is it any wonder that they haven't shed their Irish identity?

Absolute nonsense, Celtic were formed as an organisation to stop Irish Catholic children mixing with Protestant children. The Catholic church in Scotland has always hated the idea of Irish Catholics integrating into Scottish social/religous society, so back in the late Nineteenth Century, the Catholic leaders in Ireland and Scotland decided to set Celtic up as a charity organisation solely for Catholics as the charity organisations in Glasgow at the time were open to any religion, which meant Irish Catholic children were mixing withg Scottish Protestant children, something Catholic leaders in Scotland/Ireland were fiercely opposed to.

Celtic fans make no effort to integrate into Scottish society, most of them don't even class themselves as Scottish, hence why you see thousands of Irish flags at celtic games and hardly any Scottish flags, at least Rangers fans are proud to be Scottish and British, there are many huge flag displays at Ibrox featuring massive Scotland flags.

The most bizarre thing about Celtic fans are that they hate Britain, they don't class themselves as Scottish yet they are perfectly happy to live in Scotland and take advantage of Scottish employment, healthcare, education and social security benefits!! Is it any wonder that most Scots hate them with a passion?

As for the 'established club' you mentioned?? I suggest you read some history books. When Celtic were formed, the established club in Scotland was Queens Park. Rangers dids not become a force in Scottish football until the start of the 20th century.

Quote:
At least Celtic fans aren't marching down your street beating their drums.
Protestants in Northern Ireland are proud of there background and have always marched down the Queens highway and always will. It is part of their rights and part of their culture. An Orangeman has just as much right to practice his religion as anybody else. The marches go through just as many Protestant areas as Catholic areas, it is nothing to do with winding people up, it is simply part of the history and culture of Northern Irish Protestants. It is harmless, it is the Catholics who react with violence towards these marches so it is the Catholic population who are to blame for the violence. If they don't like it because of their Irishness and their dislike of the UK and don't want to be part of the UK, then there is a nice big road leading from Northern Ireland straight into Dublin, i'll even chip in some petrol money!

Anyway, what's worse? Marching down a street banging some drums, or planting bombs and killing/maiming thousand of men, women and children?
Stockholm_Rovers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #673
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinosanap View Post
Believe it or not. There are plenty of Rangers suuporters who are more proud to think they are ENGLISH rather than Scottish. That is why they support the Union.
Explain this then??? Can't see any Englishness here? Just people proud to be Scottish and British.

Old May 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #674
Tom Hughes

ok....... I'll bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm_Rovers View Post
Absolute nonsense, Celtic were formed as an organisation to stop Irish Catholic children mixing with Protestant children.

Are you sure? Which was the club that operated as a one religion only organisation for over 100 years? How many catholics played for Rangers before Mojo? How many protestants for Celtic over the years? Who didn't want who to mix, cos your assertion doesn't match those basic stats.

"The most bizarre thing about Celtic fans are that they hate Britain, they don't class themselves as Scottish yet they are perfectly happy to live in Scotland and take advantage of Scottish employment, healthcare, education and social security benefits!! Is it any wonder that most Scots hate them with a passion?"

I work with lots of Celtic fans in the North Sea who are not at all interested in the Irish connection, but don't know many Rangers fans who aren't pro-loyalism etc. Also, I find that the neutral scots are less inclined to like Rangers than Celtic....... and the Northern Irish live on the island of Ireland, why do they still pledge allegiance to another land? You can't have it all ways. I don't think the Celtic Fans have claimed Glasgow for Ireland yet and they must be as numerous in Scotland as Ulster protestants.

"As for the 'established club' you mentioned?? I suggest you read some history books. When Celtic were formed, the established club in Scotland was Queens Park. Rangers dids not become a force in Scottish football until the start of the 20th century."

No need to read any books........How many league championships have Queens Park won? How many had Rangers pre-20th century?

"Protestants in Northern Ireland are proud of there background and have always marched down the Queens highway and always will."

"Queen's highway?" You couldn't make it up!

"It is part of their rights and part of their culture. An Orangeman has just as much right to practice his religion as anybody else."

Orangism isn't a religion and it never has been, it's a bit like KK Klanism, with exactly the same ethnic origins too, not called Hillbillies or WASP's for nothing ..... pleasant bunch!! They don't bother beating drums much, they're more into burning crosses and electing grand masters or some other lodge terminology.

"The marches go through just as many Protestant areas as Catholic areas, it is nothing to do with winding people up,"

But...... Why march anywhere? What's it for? why don't they just join the scouts or something? I used to live right next to a staunch orange area, as big and as boisterous as anything in Glasgow/Belfast......... "winding up" would be putting it mildly, you can't really tell me too much about it I'm afraid. Thankfully, their few remnants are just ignored nowadays.

"....it is simply part of the history and culture of Northern Irish Protestants. "

There you have it you see, you call it culture, I'd call it bigotry. Thankfully, I come from the capital of culture, must be because we booted most of this nonsense into touch years ago.

"It is harmless, it is the Catholics who react with violence towards these marches so it is the Catholic population who are to blame for the violence."

Sectarianism is harmless? nice one! Do they (adults) throw bricks at school kids on there way to the local infant school in their area? Or isn't it violence when you hurt catholic kids?

"If they don't like it because of their Irishness and their dislike of the UK and don't want to be part of the UK, then there is a nice big road leading from Northern Ireland straight into Dublin, i'll even chip in some petrol money!"

That's good, you'll even evict them from their own country. What do you call that ......squater's rights maybe? Conversely, if you don't like the natives why not leave their island.

"Anyway, what's worse? Marching down a street banging some drums, or planting bombs and killing/maiming thousand of men, women and children?"
I think the score in the Killing/maiming league is about equal...... and I do believe the first bombings in the 60's were by loyalists groups. You make it sound like it was all one way, about as far off the mark as your other assertions it would seem.

Anyway listening to what you have to say, I can see why the Celtic fans prefer to stress their Irish ancestry.
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #675
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
I think the score in the Killing/maiming league is about equal...... and I do believe the first bombings in the 60's were by loyalists groups. You make it sound like it was all one way, about as far off the mark as your other assertions it would seem.

Anyway listening to what you have to say, I can see why the Celtic fans prefer to stress their Irish ancestry.
Your naivety is outstanding, you simply believe everything you read from mainstream media!!

I can't remember any Loyalist groups bombing British targets?? Loyalist groups targeted anti-British elements within N.Ireland/Ireland. They also targeted random Catholics in N.Ireland so that the IRA would lose support from Catholics in N.Ireland. Quite a harsh method, but it worked. Every time the IRA attacked Britain, the Catholic population in N.Ireland knew that some random Catholics would die that night in retaliation attacks, and slowly Catholics bagan to stop supporting the IRA as they did not want to get killed in retaliation attacks. You seem to forget celtic play in Britain...not Ireland.

You really should read some books, Loyalists did not start the violence, they did however end it as the Republicans realised they would never be able to defeat the Loyalists. As for the death stats -

Between 1969 and 2001, 3,523 people were killed as a result of the Troubles.

Approximately 60% of the victims were killed by republicans, 30% by loyalists and 10% by the British, Irish and Northern Irish security forces -

Republican Paramilitary Groups 2055
Loyalist Paramilitary Groups 1020
Security Forces 368
Persons unknown 80

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubles

The Orange Order IS a religious group and has the same rights of any other religous group. They are a Christian group. Why do they march? Why does anybody march??? because they have the right to do so - they are proud of their history and culture and will not allow themselves to be told what they can and cannot do by terrorists.

Celtic were formed in 1888, before any professional Scottish league, the main Scottish club at the time was Queens Park, ask any Scottish football fan and they will tell you this. Celtic could not have been formed as a reaction to Rangers as Rangers were a very small club in 1888, Queens Park were the big Glasgow club when celtic were formed -

"Queen's Park, also known as "The Hoops" "The Spiders" and "The Braindeads", were founded on 9 July 1867, and are the oldest in Scottish Football. Queen's had soon developed its own code of rules for football. The club has historically resisted professionalism in the game; former professional players from other clubs were not allowed to play for Queen's Park and in 1890 the club refused to join the newly-formed Scottish League. The club also feared the League would dominate the game and cause the demise of smaller clubs. Six of the founder members of the League soon went out of existence. Queen's Park were however being left behind by the League, so in 1900 they took up the opportunity to enter. Special favours were granted by the League; not only were they the only amateur members, they were also protected from relegation to the Second Division until 1922."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Park_F.C.

As for the Holy Cross school children propaganda, there is 2 sides to every story. Funny how you don't mention the fact that the school children were rerouted by the IRA/Sinn Fein through a Protestant area, thus causing a Protestant response due to the fact that the area is the last Protestant stronghold in Ardoyne, all other Protestants in Aryoyne having been forced to leave from the area -

"Are we really to believe that one day the Protestants in this area awoke and thought "that Catholic school down the road there, I think we should have a protest and stop children going to it and give the Republican movement a propaganda coup"? Are we also to believe that the Protestants of the area wish to be hemmed in like animals by the uniformed thugs of the security forces? The greatest irony of this whole conflict is that with the police presence and its heavy-handed nature against Protestants. Many Protestant parents will not risk letting their own children go to school. It seems there are two sets of children not going to school, not getting their education and having a childhood cruelly cut short.

One of the main motivating factors is a complete and utter wretchedness felt on the part of the Protestant community living in Ardoyne. They live in fear, not just for their own lives but also for that of their children. They also feel that no one wants to know their plight and that no one really cares. Night after night their homes are attacked by catholic youths from just down the road. The area is overwhelmingly Catholic and also a Republican stronghold. The Protestant community has largely been ethnically cleansed from the area, now there is only approximately 1,000 Protestants left in the area. There are, however, some 10,000 Catholics living in the area and their numbers are increasing. Why is this? The Protestant people no longer feel welcome in the area and are made aware that their presence is not welcome. The parents of the school children complain that they cannot use the roads of their choosing to go to school. They at least have an alternative route by which they can to school the Protestant people are not allowed to use the local shops or the post office both offering essential services:

"No one knew until all this started happening at the school that we couldn't even go past those Catholics to the shop. Now the whole world sees. I don't care what they think of us - we're damned anyway" (A Protestant Resident of Ardoyne)

Protestants increasingly find that they are the new "******s"; indeed Catholics have their own vernacular of racist insults fully developed with Protestants referred to as "Huns" and "Orange bastards". The term is not only a reference to Protestant culture, the term B****** is also used as officially the Roman Catholic Church does not consider Protestants married in a Protestant church to actually be married hence they are illegitimate or bastards."

http://www.caltonradio.com/Content/pid=362.html

The Protestants of N.Ireland are the natives, they have been there for 800 years and are the majority. If the minority does not like it then the minority should leave. Logic dictates that the majority must come before the minority.

I don't know why you are arguing anyway?? The conflict in N.Ireland is over, the IRA lost.

Last edited by Stockholm_Rovers; May 19th, 2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #676
Tom Hughes

Please tell me this is a wind-up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm_Rovers View Post
Your naivety is outstanding, you simply believe everything you read from mainstream media!!

I can't remember any Loyalist groups bombing British targets?? Loyalist groups targeted anti-British elements within N.Ireland/Ireland. They also targeted random Catholics in N.Ireland so that the IRA would lose support from Catholics in N.Ireland. Quite a harsh method, but it worked. Every time the IRA attacked Britain, the Catholic population in N.Ireland knew that some random Catholics would die that night in retaliation attacks, and slowly Catholics bagan to stop supporting the IRA as they did not want to get killed in retaliation attacks. You seem to forget celtic play in Britain...not Ireland.

You really should read some books, Loyalists did not start the violence, they did however end it as the Republicans realised they would never be able to defeat the Loyalists. As for the death stats -

Between 1969 and 2001, 3,523 people were killed as a result of the Troubles.

Approximately 60% of the victims were killed by republicans, 30% by loyalists and 10% by the British, Irish and Northern Irish security forces -

Republican Paramilitary Groups 2055
Loyalist Paramilitary Groups 1020
Security Forces 368
Persons unknown 80

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troubles

The Orange Order IS a religious group and has the same rights of any other religous group. They are a Christian group. Why do they march? Why does anybody march??? because they have the right to do so - they are proud of their history and culture and will not allow themselves to be told what they can and cannot do by terrorists.

Celtic were formed in 1888, before any professional Scottish league, the main Scottish club at the time was Queens Park, ask any Scottish football fan and they will tell you this. Celtic could not have been formed as a reaction to Rangers as Rangers were a very small club in 1888, Queens Park were the big Glasgow club when celtic were formed -

"Queen's Park, also known as "The Hoops" "The Spiders" and "The Braindeads", were founded on 9 July 1867, and are the oldest in Scottish Football. Queen's had soon developed its own code of rules for football. The club has historically resisted professionalism in the game; former professional players from other clubs were not allowed to play for Queen's Park and in 1890 the club refused to join the newly-formed Scottish League. The club also feared the League would dominate the game and cause the demise of smaller clubs. Six of the founder members of the League soon went out of existence. Queen's Park were however being left behind by the League, so in 1900 they took up the opportunity to enter. Special favours were granted by the League; not only were they the only amateur members, they were also protected from relegation to the Second Division until 1922."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Park_F.C.

As for the Holy Cross school children propaganda, there is 2 sides to every story. Funny how you don't mention the fact that the school children were rerouted by the IRA/Sinn Fein through a Protestant area, thus causing a Protestant response due to the fact that the area is the last Protestant stronghold in Ardoyne, all other Protestants in Aryoyne having been forced to leave from the area -

"Are we really to believe that one day the Protestants in this area awoke and thought "that Catholic school down the road there, I think we should have a protest and stop children going to it and give the Republican movement a propaganda coup"? Are we also to believe that the Protestants of the area wish to be hemmed in like animals by the uniformed thugs of the security forces? The greatest irony of this whole conflict is that with the police presence and its heavy-handed nature against Protestants. Many Protestant parents will not risk letting their own children go to school. It seems there are two sets of children not going to school, not getting their education and having a childhood cruelly cut short.

One of the main motivating factors is a complete and utter wretchedness felt on the part of the Protestant community living in Ardoyne. They live in fear, not just for their own lives but also for that of their children. They also feel that no one wants to know their plight and that no one really cares. Night after night their homes are attacked by catholic youths from just down the road. The area is overwhelmingly Catholic and also a Republican stronghold. The Protestant community has largely been ethnically cleansed from the area, now there is only approximately 1,000 Protestants left in the area. There are, however, some 10,000 Catholics living in the area and their numbers are increasing. Why is this? The Protestant people no longer feel welcome in the area and are made aware that their presence is not welcome. The parents of the school children complain that they cannot use the roads of their choosing to go to school. They at least have an alternative route by which they can to school the Protestant people are not allowed to use the local shops or the post office both offering essential services:

"No one knew until all this started happening at the school that we couldn't even go past those Catholics to the shop. Now the whole world sees. I don't care what they think of us - we're damned anyway" (A Protestant Resident of Ardoyne)

Protestants increasingly find that they are the new "******s"; indeed Catholics have their own vernacular of racist insults fully developed with Protestants referred to as "Huns" and "Orange bastards". The term is not only a reference to Protestant culture, the term B****** is also used as officially the Roman Catholic Church does not consider Protestants married in a Protestant church to actually be married hence they are illegitimate or bastards."

http://www.caltonradio.com/Content/pid=362.html

The Protestants of N.Ireland are the natives, they have been there for 800 years and are the majority. If the minority does not like it then the minority should leave. Logic dictates that the majority must come before the minority.

I don't know why you are arguing anyway?? The conflict in N.Ireland is over, the IRA lost.
I am not arguing, I can't argue with people who attempt to justify hatred because of religion, what would be the point?

You called my assertion nonsense about the formation of Celtic, and the reasons for their affinity with all things Irish..... amazingly neglecting to respond to any of the other points I made other than ultimately making excuses for bricking kids etc. Are you equally socially-minded and vociferous about the freedom/equal-rights movement in NI in the 60's or don't catholics views count? When the British first went into NI in the late 60's they went to protect the catholics who were under constant attack for nothing more than demanding basic civil rights and equality, not the other way around. Typically, you then twist some figures to justify your stance, I mean, considering you can number the people killed to the person, you don't seem to know that 1 million protestants cannot be the majority on an island of c.5m people? (I mean it's not even close is it?) Also, how are they the indigenous people when they weren't there first, when the majority only have irish ancestry of approx 400 yrs, (not 800)? That's when the real ethnic cleansing began, not the smallish affair of Catholic/protestant ghettos fighting for supremacy, but the systematic implantation of foreigners and displacement of the local population...... what goes around and all that I suppose, incidentally I heard that this provincial majority is falling all the time, what happens then? Presumably you would then accept the majority's desire for a united Ireland, or would you advocate grabbing a smaller slice and declaring that the Queens ad infinitum? Like I said, could the celtic fans partition part of Glasgow and claim it for Ireland, or the scousers do similar........ It's farcical, and yet you'll swear black is white to justify it and blind bigotry in the North of Ireland.

BTW Considering they "lost", their former commanders have landed some plum jobs in their government don't you think.

Meanwhile, Celtic was formed by the Irish, but they don't mind you coming along if you're the wrong persuasion, not quite the same at the other place though, how many season tickets were burned when Mojo signed?
Old May 20th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #677
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
I am not arguing, I can't argue with people who attempt to justify hatred because of religion, what would be the point?

You called my assertion nonsense about the formation of Celtic, and the reasons for their affinity with all things Irish..... amazingly neglecting to respond to any of the other points I made other than ultimately making excuses for bricking kids etc. Are you equally socially-minded and vociferous about the freedom/equal-rights movement in NI in the 60's or don't catholics views count? When the British first went into NI in the late 60's they went to protect the catholics who were under constant attack for nothing more than demanding basic civil rights and equality, not the other way around. Typically, you then twist some figures to justify your stance, I mean, considering you can number the people killed to the person, you don't seem to know that 1 million protestants cannot be the majority on an island of c.5m people? (I mean it's not even close is it?) Also, how are they the indigenous people when they weren't there first, when the majority only have irish ancestry of approx 400 yrs, (not 800)? That's when the real ethnic cleansing began, not the smallish affair of Catholic/protestant ghettos fighting for supremacy, but the systematic implantation of foreigners and displacement of the local population...... what goes around and all that I suppose, incidentally I heard that this provincial majority is falling all the time, what happens then? Presumably you would then accept the majority's desire for a united Ireland, or would you advocate grabbing a smaller slice and declaring that the Queens ad infinitum? Like I said, could the celtic fans partition part of Glasgow and claim it for Ireland, or the scousers do similar........ It's farcical, and yet you'll swear black is white to justify it and blind bigotry in the North of Ireland.

BTW Considering they "lost", their former commanders have landed some plum jobs in their government don't you think.

Meanwhile, Celtic was formed by the Irish, but they don't mind you coming along if you're the wrong persuasion, not quite the same at the other place though, how many season tickets were burned when Mojo signed?
Hliarious...when Maurice Johnstone signed for Rangers a few Rangers fans never went back to Ibrox, 99.99% still did...however Maurice Johnstone still recieves death threats from Celtic fans today, they absolutely hate him bacause he is a Glasgow born Catholic who chose Rangers over Celtic...they hate the idea of Catholics mixing with Protestants (hence their apartheid schools in Scotland - they set up their own Catholic schools whilst everybody else attends non-denominational schools). In fact, last summer a charity match featuring old Rangers/Celtic players, in aid of a famous celtic player who was dying, had to be cancelled due to death threats from Celtic fans towards Maurice Johnstone!!!

"Seems Celtic fans are still so furious about Maurice Johnston's famous about-turn all those years ago - they're boycotting the bash"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sports...er/?2005/03/09

Celtic fans welcome Protestants??? Explain why they sing 'Soon there will be no Protestants at all' whenever they play away from home? Celtic fans are 95% Catholic just like Rangers fans are 95% Protestant.

As for your bizarre statement that Protestants are not the majority in N.Ireland??? They are in the country of N.Ireland...and that's all that counts. According to your logic, Evangelical Lutherans are not majority of people in Denmark (they make up 95% of the Danish population) as there are 30 million Germans Catholics next door!! Do you see how stupid your logic is!

Yes, some ex IRA men did get good jobs...but that still doesn't change the fact that they lost. The IRA's aim was a united Ireland through violence...the IRA no longer exists and Ireland in not United...they lost...big time!
Old May 20th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #678
zulu69
selling my body since 88'

Likes (Received): 65

Anfield.
Easiest question ever.
zulu69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #679
meez

Arsenal's EMIRATES Stadium

meez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #680
b1gh0u5e

The Big House

Michigan Stadium
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Capacity is 107,501 but the usual crowd is around 111,000.
There have been over 190 straight games with over 100,000 people dating back to October 25, 1975(usually 6-8 home games a year).
The stadium is getting ready to have a $250 million expansion/renovation including 4 story press boxes running the length of the field on both sides.

Render:
b1gh0u5e no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
glass