daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do You like stadiums
Yes 154 96.86%
No 5 3.14%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #721
matherto

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm_Rovers View Post
shit fans who make, sell and buy forged tickets. Scousers...always the victims...never to blame! the root of the problem was not the police, it was scousers and their illegal making, selling and buying of forged tickets. If they scousers had not bought these tickets then there would of been no need for the police to check every ticket.

and don't give me any rubbish that the Liverpool fans did not know the tickets were fake, i've been to pubs in Liverpool, we all know how it works down there.
You honestly don't think police should check tickets at major events? Forgeries, having no tickets, robberies and so on happen all the time, not just with scousers (I don't even know why I'm defending them because I hate them) but the police didn't help at all. If they are told to check tickets, then they should do their jobs, and not just allow thousands of people to get in, apparently there were unguarded gates that led straight to the pitch, and why the hell did they beat up people after telling them they couldn't get in, and throw tear gas at them before they'd even done anything? the organisation was terrible, and the police made things far worse with their heavy-handed approach (something that seems to affect the whole of mainland Europe). You can't blame everything on the scousers, even if they were mostly to blame
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #722
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matherto View Post
You honestly don't think police should check tickets at major events? Forgeries, having no tickets, robberies and so on happen all the time, not just with scousers (I don't even know why I'm defending them because I hate them) but the police didn't help at all. If they are told to check tickets, then they should do their jobs, and not just allow thousands of people to get in, apparently there were unguarded gates that led straight to the pitch, and why the hell did they beat up people after telling them they couldn't get in, and throw tear gas at them before they'd even done anything? the organisation was terrible, and the police made things far worse with their heavy-handed approach (something that seems to affect the whole of mainland Europe). You can't blame everything on the scousers, even if they were mostly to blame

Fuuny how there was no problem with tickets during the Olympics?? Yes police should check tickets, but the root of the problem was scousers buying fake tickets.
Stockholm_Rovers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #723
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hughes View Post
Funny how you only like stereotypes that are applied to others. I'm an Evertonian, so far be it from me to defend the other lot...... but you did say scousers, so that might be misconstrued to mean us as well, since we are far more likely to be scousers than them...... FYI the local press has already began exposing the various scams that generated forgeries etc, so no-one is denying blame, however you have to question the authorities of both Eufa and LFC regarding the choice of stadium, and the ticket allocation. A stadium without turnstiles for a major final, when LFC had decided that only 11,000 tickets of the 17,000 allocated would go to regular fans? This is a club with a 60,000 waiting list for season tickets, and a fanbase of Millions.... the allocation was pitifull to start with. Then LFC's CEO embarrassed by his ticketing policy practically gives the ticketless license to travel by sayng that they will get in hook or by crook..... The whole thing was a set up for yobdom! As it happened, no-one needed tickets..... many just walked in. Most fans returned with their complete tickets, and many didn't even get in with their genuine tickets...... That could never happen in the UK, so how could it be allowed to happen at a CL final. Before you mouth off, they have been to more finals than anyone and normally come away with commendations from the authorities for their behaviour, as we did 20 years ago when we took more than they had in Athens to Rotterdam. As far a drinking in Liverpool Pubs is concerned, I've done similar in a certain part of Belfast and much worse than forged tickets was getting passed around, we all definitely know how it works over there...... I know where I'd rather be!!

Why on earth did you bring up Belfast??? I'm not from N.Ireland??

My main point is Liverpool fans not taking any responsibilty for their own actions. Instead of blaming the theiving scousers who knowingly bought fake tockets, they blame the police instead. Scoursers are the kings of the blame game, but it's also part of British culture - blame everybody else apart from yourself for your own failures and short comings! Blaming the police is a national sport in Britain!
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #724
matherto

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Why on earth did you bring up Belfast??? I'm not from N.Ireland??

My main point is Liverpool fans not taking any responsibilty for their own actions. Instead of blaming the theiving scousers who knowingly bought fake tockets, they blame the police instead. Scoursers are the kings of the blame game, but it's also part of British culture - blame everybody else apart from yourself for your own failures and short comings! Blaming the police is a national sport in Britain!
If you read around, you'll find that many Liverpool fans are blaming the people who snuck in, and are condemning them, plus the people who were thieving from their own.

take a read of this so that I don't have to sum up my thoughts

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:33 AM   #725
carlspannoosh

Likes (Received): 744

Quote:

Cool.

Quote:
image hosted on flickr
Nice roof.
carlspannoosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #726
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matherto View Post
If you read around, you'll find that many Liverpool fans are blaming the people who snuck in, and are condemning them, plus the people who were thieving from their own.

take a read of this so that I don't have to sum up my thoughts

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html
British tabloid paper blames johhny foreigner...there's a surprise!! The fact that you read the Daily Mirror says all I need to know!

Strange how AC Milan supporters didn't have thousands of forged tickets?? The reason? They're not thievin scousers.
Old May 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #727
Tom Hughes

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
British tabloid paper blames johhny foreigner...there's a surprise!! The fact that you read the Daily Mirror says all I need to know!

Strange how AC Milan supporters didn't have thousands of forged tickets?? The reason? They're not thievin scousers.
How profound................Thieving Scousers?
Bordering on racism surely? Are you implying all scousers are thieves? There are league tables for crime...... Stats categorised in terms of violent crimes, theft, burglary, auto-crime etc. All readily available on the net. I think you'll find that Liverpool is way down the list for most of these, heaven forbid the facts ruin your hypothesis. As far as Blame is concerned, I think you'll find the perpetrators are being roundly condemned on all the relevant forums and in the local press. Unfortunately, much of the events that unfolded on Wednesday would have occured regardless of which British team was there. The reason the italians didn't need to forge tickets is because they don't travel in the same numbers. Once again they were massively outnumbered by the Liverpool fans...... There allocation was sufficient it would seem. Parry's pre-match musings didn't help, far too many were not deterred from travelling by his off the cuff remarks........ But a stadium without turnstiles, and with only small perimeter fences for a major cup final with thousands of ticketless fans beggars belief.
Tom Hughes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #728
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
How profound................Thieving Scousers?
Bordering on racism surely? Are you implying all scousers are thieves? There are league tables for crime...... Stats categorised in terms of violent crimes, theft, burglary, auto-crime etc. All readily available on the net. I think you'll find that Liverpool is way down the list for most of these, heaven forbid the facts ruin your hypothesis. As far as Blame is concerned, I think you'll find the perpetrators are being roundly condemned on all the relevant forums and in the local press. Unfortunately, much of the events that unfolded on Wednesday would have occured regardless of which British team was there. The reason the italians didn't need to forge tickets is because they don't travel in the same numbers. Once again they were massively outnumbered by the Liverpool fans...... There allocation was sufficient it would seem. Parry's pre-match musings didn't help, far too many were not deterred from travelling by his off the cuff remarks........ But a stadium without turnstiles, and with only small perimeter fences for a major cup final with thousands of ticketless fans beggars belief.

When I say scousers I mean scouse fans that support Liverpool, not people from Liverpool in general. From my own experience the MAJORITY of Liverpool fans are scumbags.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #729
Tom Hughes

Quote:
When I say scousers I mean scouse fans that support Liverpool, not people from Liverpool in general. From my own experience the MAJORITY of Liverpool fans are scumbags.
As an Evertonian I'd like to agree with you, but I can't because it's a ridiculous sweeping generalisation with no foundation. I have plenty of experience of them including one quite serious hospitalisation, yet I can't accept that the MAJORITY of Liverpool fans are scumbags...... what did they do to you...... wipe your family out or something?
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #730
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
what did they do to you...... wipe your family out or something?

yes....yes they did.

and they still blamed everybody else apart from themselves!
Old May 28th, 2007, 03:12 AM   #731
Okan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

my favourite stadium is nou camp in Barcelona
Okan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #732
somataki

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
somataki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #733
Tom Hughes

Quote:
yes....yes they did.

and they still blamed everybody else apart from themselves!
They wiped out your whole family? Therefore, the majority of reds are scumbags..... ok, I got you now!
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #734
1878EFC

Likes (Received): 101

i still dont get this liverpool thing as being great fans and all that, just because when they are on sky they bring there scarfs and a few flags, they sing YNWA at the start of the match then the rest of the game the atmospheres shit. but because its on sky they wank over it and portray liverpool fans as the best in the world, my arse you see what fans they are when things dont go there way. fans robbing there own fans for tickets and bunking in the ground and leaving fans with genuine tickets outside, and then blaming everyone except themselves.

everton will show what fans are in the UEFA Cup next season. the last time we were in europe two years ago we had just as many fans in the ground as villareal in spain and not one bit of trouble.

Come on you blue boys.
1878EFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #735
1878EFC

Likes (Received): 101

Mural outside Goodison, notice paint thrown on it, hmmmmm wonder who did that.

A few from years ago

The middle is Home Farms ground the irish team we used to sponsor

View from the Lower Gwladys
1878EFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #736
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878EFC View Post
i still dont get this liverpool thing as being great fans and all that, just because when they are on sky they bring there scarfs and a few flags, they sing YNWA at the start of the match then the rest of the game the atmospheres shit. but because its on sky they wank over it and portray liverpool fans as the best in the world, my arse you see what fans they are when things dont go there way. fans robbing there own fans for tickets and bunking in the ground and leaving fans with genuine tickets outside, and then blaming everyone except themselves.

everton will show what fans are in the UEFA Cup next season. the last time we were in europe two years ago we had just as many fans in the ground as villareal in spain and not one bit of trouble.

Come on you blue boys.

Well said. C'mon the Toffees!
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #737
Elsongs
"There It Is, Take It!"

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by somataki View Post
No doubt....the most spectacular
(Athens Olympic Stadium):

image hosted on flickr

(Found on Flickr.com)

Do they turn on the Olympic Cauldron for special occasions? They do that at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (1932 & 1984 Olympics) for certain sports events and concerts.
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #738
Stockholm_Rovers
BANNED

Liverpool were playing....the officials were more likely to lock up the Olympic Cauldron in a safe rather than light it up!
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #739
somataki

The cauldron???? What this has to do with other events except the Olympics?
The cauldron in Athens is a sculpture designed by Santiago Calatrava for the 2004 olympics...
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

There is no meaning to light it in other events, its is not a circus Thanks god there are a lot of fireworks for the other events, no need to put an olympic flame in anything to become important

Last edited by somataki; May 29th, 2007 at 01:26 AM.
somataki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #740
patroeski

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piedraliza View Post
This really is one fine stadium
patroeski no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
glass