daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland > Regional Queensland

Regional Queensland Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay

Old January 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #21
Indictable

Likes (Received): 24

your so right, Jesse. Especially about Rocky. We've been neglected by the tards at the council for years and years, i do hope Carter does something about the city's coming of age..

Sponsored Links

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #22
crawf
©

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
I cant see it happening, Nor could I in Rockhampton. But Darwin is a small town and it has a 33st plus a 28st ugly highrise.
By that logic Townsville must be a small town aswell.
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #23
Red Nut
Mackay Alumni

Likes (Received): 33

A few additions to the map:
  • Lanai is now complete (hurray!)
  • The 7-storey mixed-use proposal on Peel st featured late last year in the Daily Mercury has been added under the Approved list (No. 2)
  • The development fronting MaCalaister & Nelson st has been identified as the new Quest Serviced Apartments complex. This will now be covered in the Mackay Projects thread given it's over halfway complete.
Edit: Also added a link to the new Canelands Extension thread.

Last edited by Red Nut; January 26th, 2009 at 03:36 PM.
Red Nut está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #24
mick87

Likes (Received): 0

i might add that the entertainment centre is progressing nicely. Fusion is also underway and nearly at street level.....well the "core".
Is there any photos anyone wants of anything in mackay?
mick87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #25
Red Nut
Mackay Alumni

Yes I did take a few shots of the Convention Centre's progress in December, they're projecting it will be finished by mid-way through this year. The Mackay Regional Council website also has progress shots, which I'll add to the Mackay Projects thread.

Regarding photos, would greatly appreciate photos of just about any of the developments currently under construction. As someone based in Mackay, would also appreciate if you can keep an eye on those sites which have been approved and report if there's been any movement. Is that asking too much?

Cheers Mick.

BTW have you seen how Eastpoint is coming along?
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #26
Indictable

Likes (Received): 24

There is too many Rocky forumers, c'mon Mackay, get into it! Red, it was coming along when i went past it, unfortuently i didnt get any snaps
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #27
mick87

Yeah i check out all the projects once a week lol, im obsessed. As for east point, most of the land has been cleared, all of the tracks are sadly gone and i cant gain access in there now, however when i get a new clutch for my 4wd i will get to a high vantage point on a dune or something and get some pics of the progress. Also i might get some shots of plantation palms so everyone has an idea of the scale of the project. and a few of the other sub divisions being built behind it towards blacks beach.
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #28
mick87

oh man had the craziest dream last night haha, i was on the north bank of the pioneer river and all the projects in this forum were completed and i was taking pictures to put in this thread. btw mackay looked good
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #29
mick87

speaking of the north bank , i have a funny feeling that when the bridge duplication and road works are complete that the retail sector in that general area should boom alot more. theres so much available land that see's mass amounts of traffic, probably in the vicinity of 35 000+ vpd there that i can see more commercial land being released. Hopefully the shops in the area will expand with the added roads and ring rd in the area, so at least a servo and minimart should be put in there somewhere. ill stop rambling now.
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #30
Red Nut
Mackay Alumni

Just added two proposed projects to the development map:

- Mackay Regional Council's EOI for the old Pioneer Shire Council chambers on Wood st
- The Pointglen preliminary development application for the old Railyard site on Tennyson St.
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #31
mick87

Pointglen have proposed a similar project to "the beach mackay" it is proposed inbetween binnington esplenade where it breaks and is just beach and scrub, approximately 400 meters north of the beach, and is comprised of apartments up to 7 stories. also it will act as a levee bank and storm surge draining area if the need arises........
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #32
Red Nut
Mackay Alumni

Wow great find Mick. I found the Pointglen website which has some great detail on this, along with the Gordon st/ Tennyson St townhouse development which has been mentioned above. I'll post more information and pics as I get the chance. Here are some weblinks in the meantime:

http://www.pointglen.com.au/dvps/TownBeach/home.html

http://www.pointglen.com.au/dvps/GordonStreet/New.html

Last edited by Red Nut; March 10th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #33
Andergrove21

Hi RedNut, I am new to the forum. I work within the development industry in Mackay and can help with any questions anyone might have regarding heights, zonings etc. Can I add to your plan, a 10 storey development on the corner of river and wellington streets. It is unnamed at present.
Andergrove21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #34
Andergrove21

Unknown 'major' development on Cnr Peel & Victoria St. Area recently fenced off, zoned for commerical use. Are you talking western side of Hungry Jacks? It would be the proposed upgrade and extension of Hungry Jacks.

With the development on Nelson Street, can you be more specific on the address? There is a lot of proposal in Nelson and River Streets.
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #35
mick87

Hi Andergrove21, i believe the site in question is the old silly solly's
across the road (south) from hungry jacks
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #36
mick87

Are u serious? Corner of wellington and river st? thats excellent news, that brings that area to having 3 completed highrises (nelsons on the river, rivage and lanai), 1 under construction(fusion) and 3 proposed ( QM Apartments, the DA approved site for 49 apartments on the corner of nelson and river across from lanai and the project you speak of Andergrove21)
Old August 6th, 2009, 05:56 AM   #37
Red Nut
Mackay Alumni

Hi Andergorve, great to have another Mackayite on board. Thanks for the updates too, sorry for my slow response. I've actually just moved out of Australia (to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia of all places) so will depend on the likes of yourself, Mick and MackayMB to get information so I can update the map. Will make amendments over the coming days

Edit: BTW the 10 storey development on the corner of river and wellington streets, is that on the western corner (opposite Rivage) or eastern corner (opposite Lanai)?

Last edited by Red Nut; August 6th, 2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #38
Andergrove21

Thanks Mick87. I cant find any recent development applications for the site. I believe the old buildings were knocked down to prevent undesirables from using the buildings and they were so old anyway, they may well have fallen down by themselves
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #39
mick87

So Andergrove21 you sound like you work in council or realestate. Do you know of any other proposals in the cbd unmentioned on SSC?
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:50 AM   #40
Andergrove21

mick87, I dont work in either.

BTW the 10 storey development on the corner of river and wellington streets, is that on the western corner (opposite Rivage) or eastern corner (opposite Lanai)?
Answer: Eastern Side of Wellington Street on the corner with River Street. Extends 2 blocks along River Street.
I will have to compile a list of project that I am aware of and see if I can find web-sites, more information etc. Will take a couple of days