daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do you like the atmosphere
Yes 35 40.23%
No 52 59.77%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 17th, 2006, 03:09 AM   #181
David Byrne
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Acres
and this mascot:

Best mascot ever.
David Byrne no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2006, 04:23 AM   #182
Zaqattaq

Likes (Received): 76

Always thought Autzen and the O Ducks are freaking awesome
Zaqattaq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #183
StuckInOklahoma

Likes (Received): 3

Woohoo

I am making the trip to Oregon this September for the OU-UO game. I cannot wait! My two previous encounters with Duck fans - most recently the Holiday Bowl in December - have been pleasant and i'm sure it'll be the same up in Autzen this fall. You guys have an amazing fanbase for school not known for its football. There must've been 7,000(Owen Fiel seats 84,000 +)of you guys at Owen Field in 04'. Not only did you guys sell your allotment but there were many Duck fans scattered throughout the stadium that day. Quite the trip from Oregon to Oklahoma.

Can you tell me where the visitors are going to be seated in the stadium? It looks small but rather intimidating.

Here's a photo from the 04' game. Oregon has great fans.
StuckInOklahoma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #184
el pato

Likes (Received): 1

yes I can...

If you look at the scoreboard from the field the visitors are seated to the left between the scoreboard and the big pressbox. It'll be fun to have Oklahoma coming to town in September. A lot will be on the line for both sides. The place should be pretty rockin.

I think Autzen seats like 54,000 but they always cram in around 60,000.
el pato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #185
Simmo79

I love this thread - from this Outsiders perspective (Aussie) CFB pwns NFL
Simmo79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:26 AM   #186
[email protected]

Check out this atmosphere!!!

UT BEATS FLORDIA 30 to 28 !!!

This isnt my video but this is an example of how crazy the fans get!!! VOLS FOREVER!!!
brewerw2@yahoo.com no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:00 AM   #187
tmac14wr

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent H.
Shame they lost that game, I cant stand Miami.

Ive been to Memorial Stadium a few times, twice for Carolina Panthers games, and in 1993 for homecoming against East Tenn. State. Id like to go back, maybe next time Wake Forest takes the trip to Death Valley. You know, Groves Stadium's noise and homefield advantage isnt anywhere near what Mem. Stadium is, but the Tigers always seem to have a lot of trouble when they come to Winston-Salem.
Yea unfortunately we lost there this year too. We go there again next year but I expect a different result, Ivan Maisel's preseason Top 25 came out and we're #11, hopefully we'll be able to fulfill our teams possibilities this season.
tmac14wr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:07 AM   #188
asohn

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo79
I love this thread - from this Outsiders perspective (Aussie) CFB pwns NFL
huh?
asohn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:44 AM   #189
StuckInOklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by asohn
huh?
I think he's trying to say that College Football is better than the NFL. I agree.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:48 AM   #190
[email protected]

I think hes saying that from his...Australian? perspective, College Football is Much better than the NFL. I would have to agree, I love the Tennessee Titans and go to all there games but the emotion of SEC football(excluding vandy and kentucky) is just amazing. I will probably get called out for this but i dont think the other confrences are close to the Big Ten and SEC. Im sorry but going throught either one undefeated is nearly if not impossible. When UT went without a loss in 98 it took some pretty lucky plays to get there. Going undefeated in the pac 10 etc. is not the same. Almost all the big players in the Big Ten and SEC have AMAZING college football atmospheres. GOD I CANT WAIT TILL FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
brewerw2@yahoo.com no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #191
tmac14wr

I agree with you about that but I also might include the ACC. I'd rank the SEC first with the Big 10 and ACC tied for second. The past couple of years have been off years for the big 3 (Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida State) but they're usually all ranked in the top 10. Along with that get ready for Clemson (I know, I know maybe a little bit of a biased remark but it isn't without reason). As I said in a previous post we're preseason ranked #11 and we have been recruiting like crazy, I read an article on Collegefootballnews.com that said "The drama is over and Clemson is on the verge of being a powerhouse once again like it hasn't been since the late 1980's". Not saying we're necessarily gonna win the nat'l championship this year, but keep your eyes open.

What I like about the ACC and SEC is that a lot of our teams share states and are rivals. Florida-Florida St, Clemson-South Carolina, and Georgia-Georgia Tech are always great games. Along with that Georgia and Clemson are somewhat rivals since we play every 4 years and are only about an hour and a half away from one another.

Concerning the conferences it's tough to leave out the Big 12 because Texas-Oklahoma-Nebraska are usually always up there too. The SEC is by far the toughest conference though, it's basically impossible to match up to the Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee combo. All 6 of them are all consistently top 10 teams.

The only conference that isn't as impressive is the Pac-10, there's always teams with good records but then when bowl season comes you'll see teams like Oregon who go 10-1 lose to a team that's either barely ranked or not ranked at all (i.e. vs Oklahoma last year). Anyway, sorry for rambling I just can't wait for football season and I will talk about it any chance I get.

Last edited by tmac14wr; May 24th, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:01 AM   #192
Miaminole
Miaminole

Likes (Received): 66

I personally love the FSU-UF rivalry. Florida State's atmosphere is great. The Miami-FSU rivalry is also extraordinary.
Miaminole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #193
StuckInOklahoma

This thread is making me so anxious. It's one thing to be a fan of a team but to be a student at a university is another.
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #194
tmac14wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOklahoma
This thread is making me so anxious. It's one thing to be a fan of a team but to be a student at a university is another.
Yea I totally hear ya on that one. The fall is just such an amazing time on campus because it's all just a buzz waiting for Saturday.
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #195
40Acres
Texas Our Texas

Quote:
This thread is making me so anxious.
Sorry, could't resist

40Acres no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #196
StuckInOklahoma

Quote:
Sorry, could't resist

It's all good. Things will be back to norm come the first weekend in October

Last edited by StuckInOklahoma; May 25th, 2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old May 24th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #197
40Acres
Texas Our Texas

You want to talk about the past?

56-39-5

As in 56 wins, 39 losses, and 5 ties.

Wake me up when you go on a 17 game win streak and make this series respectable on OU's part. It's not likely with your O line.

Hook 'em.

National Champs, playa!

Last edited by 40Acres; May 24th, 2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #198
StuckInOklahoma

Quote:
You want to talk about the past?

56-39-5

As in 56 wins, 39 losses, and 5 ties.

Wake me up when you go on a 17 game win streak and make this series respectable on OU's part. It's not likely with your O line.

Hook 'em.

National Champs, playa!
Hmmm, we'll talk about the past then. Most of those 56 wins came prior to 1950. Tell me this, were you alive in 1950? Since then the series is pretty even and i'm willing to gauge that the series became heated during this time span. Better yet, do you remember when Texas won their titles in the late 60s/early 70s with former Sooner great DKR? Oh the irony, they even named the stadium after Him! Yeah, that's right he's an OKLAHOMAN. Do you forget that Texas was one of the last teams to integrate African Americans into its squad? That's what Texas had to pride itself for years! You guys were due; it's been 35 years so I can't knock on that. I'll let the important stuff do the talking:

National Championships:
Oklahoma 7
Texas 4

Conf Championships:
Oklahoma 37
Texas 28

Heismans:
Oklahoma 4
Texas 2

Bowl Victories
Oklahoma 24
Texas 22

P.S. I believe 06' will be a defensive battle - a la 2001. Your thoughts? BTW, I haven't spoken with Texas fans on the issue of the game going to a home and home/The Dump AKA Cotton Bowl. What's your take on that? And just recently, ABC approached the idea of having this year's game at night for its Prime Time schedule. I believe both schools turned down this idea for obvious reasons with the fairgrounds not being the best of areas to be at close to midnight after the game. It would make for an incredible atmostphere though.

Last edited by StuckInOklahoma; May 25th, 2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #199
tmac14wr

^This is gonna get ugly, lets try and not get into a fight and get this thread closed.
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #200
40Acres
Texas Our Texas

Quote:
National Championships:
Oklahoma 7
Texas 4

Conf Championships:
Oklahoma 37
Texas 28

Heismans:
Oklahoma 4
Texas 2

Bowl Victories
Oklahoma 24
Texas 22
Major NCAA infractions:
Oklahoma 6
Texas 0

Clean program there, that got you all of those bowl wins. It also got you a rap sheet of paying players to leave the Texas borders, cars, cocaine, and firearms under the rube Barry Switzer.

Quote:
Hmmm, we'll talk about the past then. Most of those 56 wins came prior to 1950. Tell me this, were you alive in 1950? Since then the series is pretty even and i'm willing to gauge that the series became heated during this time span. Better yet, do you remember when Texas won their titles in the late 60s/early 70s with former Sooner great DKR? Oh the irony, they even named the stadium after Him! Yeah, that's right he's an OKLAHOMAN. Do you forget that Texas was one of the last teams to integrate African Americans into its squad? That's what Texas had to pride itself for years! You guys were due; it's been 35 years so I can't knock on that. I'll let the important stuff do the talking:
Ahhh ... the famous "since 1950" arguement that every okie has long since memorized and perfected to suit their psyche.

Quote:
P.S. I believe 06' will be a defensive battle - a la 2001. Your thoughts? BTW, I haven't spoken with Texas fans on the issue of the game going to a home and home/The Dump AKA Cotton Bowl. What's your take on that? And just recently, ABC approached the idea of having this year's game at night for its Prime Time schedule. I believe both schools turned down this idea for obvious reasons with the fairgrounds not being the best of areas to be at close to midnight after the game. It would make for an incredible atmostphere though.
My prediction ... 100% chance of Bomar being laid out all over the field, UT's Defense is far and away better than OUs Oline, i mean FAR AND AWAY. Peterson may be hurt by the 2nd weekend in October behind that line.

UT's OLine is a solid veteran squad and much better than OU's Dline, which will open up J. Charles all day long.

UT's receivers are the spotlight of the team next year, and with a rookie QB, that, and the running game will be no prob.

UT wins going away in 2006.

Last edited by 40Acres; May 25th, 2006 at 02:41 AM.