daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Do you like the atmosphere
Yes 35 40.23%
No 52 59.77%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #281
dfrench8456
A Beast A Problem

Likes (Received): 0

Since its a all Football thread now im posting more pictures of the Patriots Fans

dfrench8456 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #282
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1157

What's the story behind the Swiss cheese and the Green Bay Packers?
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #283
dfrench8456
A Beast A Problem

Quote:
What's the story behind the Swiss cheese and the Green Bay Packers?
Because Wisconsion is a big cheese producer.
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #284
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chocho View Post
sorry to spark controversy again but wouldn't it be better to bunch all Gridiron together instead of makeing a strictly NFL thread?

Just sayin'...
When everything is very segregated like that I think it makes the forum boring and readers are less likely to read topics they might not otherwise read. Why shrink the forum down by league? I think its fine for those who have interest in only a few topics, but makes it harder to find topics or things one might not know about.

For example, if you make just an NFL thread, then how many here are going to simply avoid it all together since they don't like the NFL?
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #285
El Mariachi

Likes (Received): 5995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scba View Post

And this is why there isn't a roof, Europe, before you get there.

I would love to see a soccer game being played in Europe with the same kind of temperature conditions as last years NFC Championship. -18 C.

While I was ready to blow my brains out when the Packers lost the game, I now have nothing but respect for the Giants for running the gauntlet in Dallas, frozen Green Bay, and beating the supposed greatest team ever.
El Mariachi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:04 AM   #286
El Mariachi

Probally the winner for the "Its so wrong, but I cant stop laughing" sign.

Bears fan at the Chicago-New Orleans NFC Championship.

Old July 29th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #287
dfrench8456
A Beast A Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Phillip Banks View Post
Probally the winner for the "Its so wrong, but I cant stop laughing" sign.

Bears fan at the Chicago-New Orleans NFC Championship.

Thats hilarius but so wrong.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #288
salaverryo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Phillip Banks View Post

I would love to see a soccer game being played in Europe with the same kind of temperature conditions as last years NFC Championship. -18 C.
All you have to do is go to Moscow. The Russians play soccer in freezing conditions on a regular basis.
salaverryo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #289
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

Unfortunately the only European games that make it on over here are Champions League, Premiership and occasional Serie A matches. I can't say that I have ever seen a Bundesliga, La Liga game, mutch less a Dutch, French, Russian or other top league game. Even with a couple different channels thats about it.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:50 AM   #290
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by salaverryo View Post
All you have to do is go to Moscow. The Russians play soccer in freezing conditions on a regular basis.
alright! The Russians are the real men of Europe. I think I will cheer them on in the next Euro Tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
Unfortunately the only European games that make it on over here are Champions League, Premiership and occasional Serie A matches. I can't say that I have ever seen a Bundesliga, La Liga game, mutch less a Dutch, French, Russian or other top league game. Even with a couple different channels thats about it.
Bungesliga and La Liga are shown regulary on Fox Soccer Channel/Gol TV. The others you listed are never shown, unfortunaley.
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #291
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

I haven't had FSC in almost a year, and that must be new because they never used to. I haven't had Gol TV, the other more international sports channel Setanta shows a good deal of Premiership games as well as Rugby and Aussie Rules Football (which is just fantastic).

However real Football is about to start up around here which can't come soon enough. Opening Monday Night Vikings/Packers, and Aaron Rodgers officially gets introduced to Jared Allen, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Now that I can't wait for
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #292
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

HOF game baby, Jim Sorgi is going down!

and i get to see these two fine gentlemen inducted in Canton

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #293
Big Texan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 12

Brett Favre is such a brat, he retired, he cant just say "o, change my mind, im back, make me the starter" This is so unfair to Aaron Rogers. Everyone says he is unproven, so was Romo, Both Mannings, Favre, etc etc etc.

I think the Packers are bigger then Favre, Who is a mediocre Quarterback at best, As many Touchdowns as he has thrown, he has thrown the most interceptions, only one championship, and only HUGE numbers because he was a gun slinger, and half were intercepted. Legend my ass. Rogers would be an Upgrade.
Big Texan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #294
Big Texan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
HOF game baby, Jim Sorgi is going down!

and i get to see these two fine gentlemen inducted in Canton

Who are they? sorry, dont recognize them at all.
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #295
koolio

Likes (Received): 1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by salaverryo View Post
Isn't their off-season during the winter?
koolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #296
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn View Post
I haven't had FSC in almost a year, and that must be new because they never used to. I haven't had Gol TV, the other more international sports channel Setanta shows a good deal of Premiership games as well as Rugby and Aussie Rules Football (which is just fantastic).

However real Football is about to start up around here which can't come soon enough. Opening Monday Night Vikings/Packers, and Aaron Rodgers officially gets introduced to Jared Allen, Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Now that I can't wait for

Yeah, that first game should be good. I am (and probally the rest of Wisconsin) dying to see A-Rod in action.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #297
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texan View Post
Brett Favre is such a brat, he retired, he cant just say "o, change my mind, im back, make me the starter" This is so unfair to Aaron Rogers. Everyone says he is unproven, so was Romo, Both Mannings, Favre, etc etc etc.

I think the Packers are bigger then Favre, Who is a mediocre Quarterback at best, As many Touchdowns as he has thrown, he has thrown the most interceptions, only one championship, and only HUGE numbers because he was a gun slinger, and half were intercepted. Legend my ass. Rogers would be an Upgrade.
I agree. As much as I love Brett, he screwed us and put us in a tough spot. The job was already handed to Rodgers. Taking that job away from Rodgers (who sat on the bench patientely), on another Favre whim, does make Favre bigger than the Packers organization. And he isnt. Now we have either find somebody to trade him to, release him (of course, to the hated Vikings), or pay him, along with 3 other quarterbacks.

I dont agree that Favre is a mediocre quarterback, though. He is among the top quarterbacks to ever play the game, perhaps in the top five. In his advanced age, he is still among the most elite in the NFL. How could he not be, with basically a hold on every major passing record? All that, without really a premier Jerry Rice calibur WR. Yes, he is a wild, gunsligner type q.b. who has cost us dearly (this years NFC Championship and numeous playoff games). But he is also probally the most inventive and exciting q.b. to ever play football. He is certainly a legend. His career start record alone qualifies him that status. Take note, that for years, Favre was allowed to go wild under Mike Sherman--who gave him free reign to force the ball into double coverage.

Last edited by El Mariachi; July 30th, 2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM   #298
Big Texan
BANNED

A-Rod...what?
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #299
koolio

Likes (Received): 1558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Texan View Post
A-Rod...what?
Aaron Rodgers....although I agree, it does sound stupid since "Rodgers" doesn't contain the sound "rod".
koolio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #300
Big Texan
BANNED

Lets just stick with Aaron Rodgers, and it is time for him to show us why the packers made him a top 3 pic a few years ago.