daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2010, 01:31 AM   #321
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Likes (Received): 45

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:37 AM   #322
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

awesome! any pic?
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #323
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezan View Post
awesome! any pic?

Last edited by Davodavo; August 4th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Davodavo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #324
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 4943

Its still a scandal and confirmation of British airways only interested in London, that British airways do not have an operation at Birmingham International airport and Birmingham is the second largest city in the United Kingdom.
Imagine Iberia not having an operation at Barcelona, it just wouldnt happen, or even Seville or Valencia or Palma de mallorca.
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #325
Brum X
Brum X

For example there is a great need and a great demand to have our Direct link between Birmingham and India restored after Air India suspended its flights from Birmingham a year ago, not becouse it couldnt fill the seats. Totally the opposite as every flight was over 80% full and that was using Air Indias Boeing 777 5 times per week, but becouse it needed to secure its slots at London heathrow airport, the airport is trying really hard to get them back. However would you see our national flag carrier stepping in and saying we will launch direct flights between Birmingham and Delhi/Amritsar??? No, dont make me laugh, of course they wont as they are not interested but how come Emirates and Air India can????????

No other airline can operate between Birmingham and India apart from Air India and British airways, its a deal between the two countries apparently.

Otherwise the indian airline Jet Airways has confirmed that it would be interested in this popular route
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #326
Brum X
Brum X

British Airways is a joke im afraid and should be renamed London Airways as it only benefits London and not Great Britain as a whole.

I will continue to use Emirates from my own airport via Dubai, thankyou.
Old August 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #327
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
Imagine Iberia not having an operation at Barcelona, it just wouldnt happen, or even Seville or Valencia or Palma de mallorca.
IB only operate to BCN which is far from enough. However it's true that IB Regional operate some services to some Spanish and European cities.

I do agree that British Airways should operate flights from airports outside London but nowadays they do not have aircraft or money to do so.

Cheers.
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:25 AM   #328
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

thank you for the pic, awesome plane
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #329
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

You're welcome
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #330
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
BA Crash Scare Error 'Terrifies' Passengers

A planeload of British Airways passengers feared for their lives when they were told they were going to crash - only to learn the warning message went out in error.

Travellers flying from Heathrow to Hong Kong heard the message: "This is an emergency. We may shortly need to make an emergency landing on water."

Cabin crew on the Boeing 747 had to quickly reassure passengers their worst nightmare was not about to come true, telling them the warning was a mistake and there was no emergency.

Michelle Lord, 32, of Preston, Lancashire, told the Sun newspaper: "People were terrified. We all thought we were going to die."
Another traveller said: "I can't think of anything worse than being told your plane's about to crash."
BA, which said the incident took place within the last seven days, apologised for the scare.
The airline explained that the message was an automatic one triggered by a computer.

A BA spokesman said: "We would like to apologise to passengers on board the flight for causing them undue distress.
"Our cabin crew immediately made an announcement following the message advising customers that it was played in error and that the flight would continue as normal."
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...s_Out_In_Error
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM   #331
Turbosnail

Likes (Received): 269

There is no way I would fly with British Airways - too worried about strikes, plus there are so many airlines that do what they do better. I'd also try and avoid flying with any airlines that are affiliated to them..
Turbosnail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:00 PM   #332
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosnail View Post
There is no way I would fly with British Airways - too worried about strikes, plus there are so many airlines that do what they do better. I'd also try and avoid flying with any airlines that are affiliated to them..
Well, it's your mistake then.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM   #333
Turbosnail

How is that my mistake? BA are leagues behind the competition - especially the Asian airlines. I would love to think differently, afterall I'm British, but they are not even a top 20 airline and if you book months in advance there is a real chance your flight will coincide with strike action. They are a disgrace to the British flag and I don't care whether it's the unions fault or BAs fault.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:43 PM   #334
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosnail View Post
How is that my mistake? BA are leagues behind the competition - especially the Asian airlines. I would love to think differently, afterall I'm British, but they are not even a top 20 airline and if you book months in advance there is a real chance your flight will coincide with strike action. They are a disgrace to the British flag and I don't care whether it's the unions fault or BAs fault.
That's not true.
They are having some problems (as many other airlines) but they are still a leading airline flying all around the world.
They also literally "own" Heathrow's T5 which is an awesome terminal building.
Furthermore you can find some great prices to many destinations.
In addition cabin service is also excellent.

Of course they've got issues, but it's a normal thing nowadays and they are working hard to get rid of them (and you now that).

Cheers.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM   #335
Turbosnail

I'm not disputing they're not working hard to get rid of them but I do also think they have unnecessarily locked horns with the unions. As a traveller, I have choice. I won't use them for the reasons I outlined above so as I am part of their potential customer base, I can't be wrong. Cheers to you too
Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:53 PM   #336
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 916

how comes BA is losing money and passengers while other major european airlines are earning again and have strong growth in pax numbers (even in august BA had a decrease, while others had two digit growth)? BA is not the only airline to be struck by the volcano crisis, strikes or severe weather ...

I get the impression that the main competitors are experiencing a post crisis boom, while BA is left out. also, when you look at traffic numbers of london airports for example and compare it to airports with strong growth like CDG or FRA, it seems air traffic is having a hard time in britain. so what is happening?
other airlines are seeing record numbers on their new A380, while BA is postponing their A380 to 2013-2017 ... is that the right strategy?
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #337
Alfie Noakes

Likes (Received): 0

Why doesn't BA just call it self 'Air London' because that's the only place it flies from these days!
Alfie Noakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #338
amirtaheri

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Noakes View Post
Why doesn't BA just call it self 'Air London' because that's the only place it flies from these days!
Heard it all before... gimme a break.

If there is a commercial reason for serving the regions or it was more profitable than the current set up, I would wager my salary that BA would jump at it. However, lets face it, the competition in the regions is too stiff, the cost base of BA is too high and unable to compete with LCCs and there isn't much demand for traditional airlines in the regions.
amirtaheri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #339
Turbosnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Noakes View Post
Is it?
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #340
Brum X
Brum X

Then why do the national flag carriers of Germany (Lufthansa) and France (Air France) and Ireland (Aer Lingus) and Denmark (SAS) and Holland (KLM) and Turkey (Turkish Airlines) and Belguim (Brussels Airlines) and Switzerland (Swiss) all serve important cities in Europe from Birmingham International Airport?????????

There is very much a need for "full" service airlines from the regions and not just Ryanair as Birmingham proves.

Tags
european airlines, oneworld, spain, united kingdom