daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Hed_Kandi
Registered Usurper

Likes (Received): 12577

SINGAPORE | D'Leedon | 150m x 7 | 36 fl x 7 | Com

Zaha Hadid designs largest residential development in Singapore

Zaha Hadid Architects have unveiled the design for 7 high-end 36-storey residential towers and twelve villas on a 838,488 sq ft site at Farrer Road, Singapore. The chosen site is strategically positioned within the residential area of Singapore, close to the amenities of Holland Road and the future MRT station. The absence of high rise buildings in the near surroundings and direct connection to the main traffic route of Farrer Road make this a prestigious and highly visible site across the whole city.

Hadid’s proposal for the Farrer Court site is generated by the study of the existing alignments and the main axis surrounding the site, which are incorporated and connected to generate a series of construction lines highly connected to the neighbourhood. The ground landscape level is visualized as a green layer, emphasizing the presence of florid vegetation in Singapore’s climate. The site levels are re-organized into a series of terraced plateaus to maximise the area dedicated to communal site amenities. The orientation and placement of the buildings is optimized in relation to the local environment as well as to maximize views out towards the surrounding city and landscape.

Zaha Hadid commented:”We have been working in Singapore for almost a decade and the Farrer Road development is a continuation of our detailed research into the urban fabric of the city. The seven tower development on one of Singapore’s most prominent sites represents further exploration into the tower typology and our studies into organisational systems and growth in the natural world. The towers are subdivided into petals according to the layout of each level to form a series of diverse and distinctive towers.”

Each of the 7 towers reach 150 m, growing from sunken private gardens within the site landscape. The lower floors kink to highlight the point where buildings meet the ground, reducing the footprint and enabling a greater open area at the base. This creates highly private gardens which are quite unique given the scale and density of the development. The towers are subdivided into petals according to the number of residential units per floor. The petals are expressed in three dimensions thanks to vertical cuts which give definition to the buildings' façades and, at the same time, allow for cross ventilation of most of the flats.

The buildings culminate at the top with a series of fingers stepped at different heights, which blend the transition between the architectural fabric and the sky. Through rotating the buildings across the site, and the careful use of balconies and façade panelling, a combination of self similar towers produce a diverse array across the development. Views to Bukit Timah Hill, Singapore Botanic Gardens, MacRitchie Reservoir and the Orchard Road city skyline are also optimised.

The £1.1 billion project is a CapitaLand-led consortium development; other partners include Hotel Properties Limited, Morgan Stanley Real Estate Special Situations Fund III, L.P. and Wachovia Development Corporation. It will be the largest residential development in Singapore’s history.

Last edited by sieradzanin1; January 25th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Hed_Kandi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #2
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

im starting to dislike hadid. like all famous architects she is becoming too repetitive.
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #3
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I agree. I love these towers, but sheesh, try something new.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #4
zee
Jelly Bean!!

Likes (Received): 17

i love her style and i think she shouldnt change. its what sets her apart from all the other architects. if u want something different, look at other architects work
zee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #5
mbuildings
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

nice project.....
mbuildings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #6
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10716

Another dancing towers!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Between this and the Libeskind project, Singapore is really busting out of the box!
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #8
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

wonderful architecture ...i only saw the last shot from above and thought "that could be from zaha hadid", after that i read the article
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #9
y2koh

Likes (Received): 457

http://www.zaha-hadid.com/offices-an...s/farrer-court

The renderings are updated in Hadid's website, and IMO, it has evolved from "quite inspiring" to "disappointingly generic". Even the concept for the landscaped space has become eroded and turned into a mish-mesh of incoherant forms.
y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #10
Ramses

Likes (Received): 21

Are these Hadidtowers close to the Interlace project?

Ramses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #11
sieradzanin1

Likes (Received): 1046

U/C

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=665134&page=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
It`s already under construction.

Link.
sieradzanin1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1638

D'LEEDON COMMERCIAL

Last edited by Vrooms; January 25th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #13
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3261

Some pics I took and posted on 12th June & 21st August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith252 View Post

Last edited by Mith252; November 8th, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
Mith252 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Lovely towers by Zaha Hadid.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #16
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28168

nice designs, but it must be very awkward to build these towers, where no 2 floors are the same and all these corners and bends.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #17
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3261

Definitely. The expected T/O date is in 2015 but I think it should be done within a year or so. I guess it gives them ample time to finish the project although I am sure the investors and owners of the project would want this project to be completed as soon as possible.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #19
Torch

Likes (Received): 1014

It seems to me the that Zaha Hadid is the world's busiest (star)architect these days.
Torch está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #20
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Although a complex construction, the pace is quite fast. Defenitely finished before 2015 I think.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote