daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What has been the Olympic opening ceremony's most beautiful story
Barcelona 1992 20 16.67%
Sydney 2000 20 16.67%
Athens 2004 43 35.83%
Beijing 2008 37 30.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #261
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
Imagine if that was in South Africa! What a party! All spectators have guns!
not one of your best ones.....
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #262
stardust
To the stars again!!!

Likes (Received): 1464

1.-Sidney 2000.
2.-Barcelona '92
3.-Maybe Athens 2004
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #263
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Likes (Received): 78

1.Sydney 2000
2.LA 1984
3.Barcelona 1992

Last edited by ExSydney; October 26th, 2005 at 03:35 PM.
ExSydney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #264
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
So the lastest is always the best? By your logic that would mean the latest of everything is always the better than what came before. We all know this is a stupid and idealistic view of the world. Things don't always get better each time or with time. Sometimes the opposite can be true and there can always be mitigating circumstance that bring about change.

If this is your sole arguement for Athens being the best games you are more stupid than I thought. It is simply not a credible reason.

Dont forget the winners received wreaths? I am so excited I cannot contain myself. You say you don't care about ceremonies. Another hypocritcal comment by yourself. There have been many multiple comments made by yourself that would be prove otherwise. Should I go and source them?
My comment was in response to JimB. If he dosent Like Ceremonies, then How can one say Athens wasnt the Best Olympics? Sydney had Drug Cheats left right and centre. Athens was a hell of alot more cleaner. If you couldnt see that your stupider than i thought.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #265
Giorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush
not one of your best ones.....
Are you going to shoot me now?
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #266
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Quote:
My comment was in response to JimB. If he dosent Like Ceremonies, then How can one say Athens wasnt the Best Olympics? Sydney had Drug Cheats left right and centre. Athens was a hell of alot more cleaner. If you couldnt see that your stupider than i thought.
How the hell can you prove that Sydney had more drug cheats than Athens?
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #267
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
You are a complete knob. You can't string a rational or coherent thought together online. I try to accept some people in this world have less grey matter. You consistently prove you have a vacuous and empty head.

Nothing you say, contribute or add to debate shows any glimmer of intellect - you can't even post something original. Your arguments are cyclic and continue along the same theme post after post. I wish Mo Rush would shoot you, he would be doing most of us a favour. I come back here months later and you still sprout the same baseless shit. It's any wonder you have been vilified in the Oz forums.

So now you say that Athens was better beacuse it had no drugs... wake up and smell the roses - Athens too had drugs cheats. Drug detection systems are infallible - there is always room for error and there is always people that will beat the system in some way. You are naive to think we live in a perfect world and the Athens games was perfect.

There are a multitude of ways in which one could subjectively judge which olympics to date has been better. Your opinion (and that's what it is) is not everyone's. So why don't you STFU for a change and mind your own business. You change your interpretation daily and alter your reasons to suit the posts made. Why don't you try and stick to one idea - it's all you are mentally cabable of.

Last edited by Avatar; October 26th, 2005 at 03:56 PM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #268
ExSydney
Melbourne-Sydneysider

Quote:
So now you say that Athens was better beacuse it had no drugs... wake up and smell the roses - Athens too had drugs cheats. .
ATHENS, Greece - Doping cases at the Athens Games:

—Greek weightlifter Leonidas Sampanis was the first athlete in Athens stripped of a medal because of a doping offense. Sampanis lost his bronze from the 62-kilogram class.

—Russian shot putter Irina Korzhanenko tested positive for steroids after she won the gold and was stripped of her medal.

—Hungary’s Robert Fazekas lost his gold medal in discus for allegedly tampering with a doping test.

—Hungarian weightlifter Ferenc Gyurkovics was stripped of his silver medal and kicked out of the Olympics for using the steroid oxandrolone.

—Ukrainian rower Olena Olefirenko tested positive for a banned stimulant, costing her four-woman crew the bronze medal in lightweight sculls.

—Hungary’s Adrian Annus was stripped of his gold medal in hammer throw Sunday for failing to take a follow-up drug test demanded by the IOC.

—Colombian cyclist Maria Luisa Calle Williams was stripped of her bronze medal in the points race after testing positive for a stimulant.

—Weightlifter Zoltan Kovacs of Hungary, who finished last in the 105-kilogram class, was banished from the games for failing to provide a urine sample.

—Greek sprinters Kostas Kenteris and Katerina Thanou pulled out of the games while the IOC was investigating their missed doping tests.

—Belarusian high jumper Aleksey Lesnichyi was kicked out of the games after testing positive for the steroid clenbuterol.

—Russian 400-meter runner Anton Galkin was kicked out of the games after testing positive for the steroid stanozolol .

—Kenyan boxer David Munyasia was barred by the IOC after testing positive for a banned stimulant in an out-of-competition test.

—Puerto Rican wrestler Mabel Fonseca was stripped of her fifth-place finish in 55 kg after testing positive for the steroid stanozolol.

—Weightlifters Wafa Ammouri of Morocco, Zoltan Kecskes of Hungary, Viktor Chislean of Moldova, Pratima Kumari Na of India and Sule Sahbaz of Turkey were suspended by the International Weightlifting Federation for failing drug tests taken before the Athens Games.

—Weightlifter Albina Khomich of Russia failed an IWF pre-competition doping test and was disqualified from the 75-kg competition.

—Weightlifter Myanmar’s Nan Aye Khine was stripped of her fourth-place finish at 48 kg after testing positive for steroids in an IOC test.

—Weightlifter Sanamacha Chanu of India was stripped of her fourth-place finish in the 53-kg class after testing positive for a banned diuretic that can be used as a masking agent.

—Four days before the start of the games, two Greek baseball players, a Swiss cyclist, a Spanish canoe team member and an Irish distance runner were banned because of doping.

—American sprinter Torri Edwards had her two-year drug suspension upheld by an arbitration panel during the games. She tested positive for a stimulant at an April meet.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #269
Galactic Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSydney
How the hell can you prove that Sydney had more drug cheats than Athens?
Don't worry Giorgos can, he seems like the all-knowing guru for anything and everything that happens is this world. I am sure nothing much escapes him.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #270
Giorgio

Quote:
You are a complete knob. You can't string a rational or coherent thought together online. I try to accept some people in this world have less grey matter. You consistently prove you have a vacuous and empty head.

Nothing you say, contribute or add to debate shows any glimmer of intellect - you can't even post something original. Your arguments are cyclic and continue along the same theme post after post. I wish Mo Rush would shoot you, he would be doing most of us a favour. I come back here months later and you still sprout the same baseless shit. It's any wonder you have been vilified in the Oz forums.

So now you say that Athens was better beacuse it had no drugs... wake up and smell the roses - Athens too had drugs cheats. Drug detection systems are infallible - there is always room for error and there is always people that will beat the system in some way. You are naive to think we live in a perfect world and the Athens games was perfect.

There are a multitude of ways in which one could subjectively judge which olympics to date has been better. Your opinion (and that's what it is) is not everyone's. So why don't you STFU for a change and mind your own business. You change your interpretation daily and alter your reasons to suit the posts made. Why don't you try and stick to one idea - it's all you are mentally cabable of.
Why dont you go back into the hole you came out from. This thread was fine until you arrived. Now shoo...Your quickly becoming the biggest pest of Australia, after the Rabbits.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #271
Galactic Ruler

Quote:
Why dont you go back into the hole you came out from. This thread was fine until you arrived. Now shoo...Your quickly becoming the biggest pest of Australia, after the Rabbits.
So rabbits are the 2nd biggest pests in australia... another of your wonderful sweeping statements. Like I said think before you type or educate yourself.

Last edited by Avatar; October 26th, 2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:15 PM   #272
Giorgio

I don't give a crap about the Oz forum in this thread. This is about this thread and your a fat ugly troll who thinks hes a space cadet.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #273
Galactic Ruler

BTW it's "you're"

You seem to be having major issues with people other than me. I suggest the troll is actually you.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #274
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60758

For all the flak it recieved before the games, Athens turned out to be the best. Very good venues, plus the added historical bonus.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #275
Demetrius
The Besieger

Likes (Received): 313

1. Athens 2004
2. Athens 1896
3. Any other Games

Discussing the "best Olympic Games" outside Greece is like discussing the best red wine outside France.
Sorry Guys, no country has the Parthenon, no country has Olympia, no country has the term "Olympic" as a native word.
I can accept anything and I do not praise Greece and Greeks as the "chosen
race" in any case, but face it: On top of the games, Olympics are about spirit and culture, thus about heritage. I'm sorry australians and all other host nations/cities, technically and economically you may argue forever, but simply
put, there is only one Olympia and it lies in Peloponnese in Southern Greece.

Heritage, Spirit and Peace.
Demetrius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #276
Giorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9
For all the flak it recieved before the games, Athens turned out to be the best. Very good venues, plus the added historical bonus.
thanks for the true kind un-bias words.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #277
Giorgio

Quote:
BTW it's "you're"

You seem to be having major issues with people other than me. I suggest the troll is actually you.
oh god just stop embarassing yourself. If you really really want correct grammer, become an english teacher or what ever you desire. Not a forum troll.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #278
MILIUX
skyscraper connoisseur

Likes (Received): 331

Quote:
I don't give a crap about the Oz forum in this thread. This is about this thread and your a fat ugly troll who thinks hes a space cadet.
You're one of those guys who goes to all sort of problem just to prove your case no matter how lose the connection is, ay? Very sensitive guy inside, intravert who just splashes emotions without even thinking what others people portray you as.

I dunno why you live in Australia or try to bag Australia as if it really dissappointed you directly. Sounds like arrogence from outside but soft slack-loser jealosy inside.

The world will improve as soon as natural selection takes it place removing you. Just keep digging your own grave, every shovel ya stroke the more pychlically depressed you'll be. Take it as an advice.

one day you'll learn.
MILIUX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #279
Galactic Ruler

We need a deportation hotline in Australia for stupid people.

I might have to ring Johnny - Giorgos will be the first to go.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #280
Giorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILIUX
You're one of those guys who goes to all sort of problem just to prove your case no matter how lose the connection is, ay? Very sensitive guy inside, intravert who just splashes emotions without even thinking what others people portray you as.

I dunno why you live in Australia or try to bag Australia as if it really dissappointed you directly. Sounds like arrogence from outside but soft slack-loser jealosy inside.

The world will improve as soon as natural selection takes it place removing you. Just keep digging your own grave, every shovel ya stroke the more pychlically depressed you'll be. Take it as an advice.

one day you'll learn.
Wow great observation there! maybe next time you can be atleast the slightest bit accurate on your assumptions?