daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What has been the Olympic opening ceremony's most beautiful story
Barcelona 1992 20 16.67%
Sydney 2000 20 16.67%
Athens 2004 43 35.83%
Beijing 2008 37 30.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #321
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush
don;t you bore yourself...? same old thing....bla bla bla
Theres nothing new to work with. seats were empty....organisaton was crap..(despite a FLAWLESS games)...blah blah blah
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #322
Valeroso

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landos
LOL. Sorry, but I don't agree. If you read this forum, for instance, you'll find that it's mainly the Ausralians that think the Sydney games were outstanding.
False. You'll find that most Greeks think that the Athens games were outstanding, wheras I have seen more non-Australians vote for Sydney I'm with Mo Rush. Don't you get bored talking crap?
Valeroso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #323
Valeroso

Quote:
At my place of employment. He's a Greek Australian, from Melbourne! Speaks fluent Greek, as well. Even speaks passable American, which I can understand after a fashion.

He says he came to the US to be "where the action is" in manufacturing. I'll have to set to work to get all those colloquial mannerisms of his remedied. Shouldn't take him long to learn te proper way of thinking-he's a Hellene, afterall!
Haha, um..thing is. No one actually cares?
Old October 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #324
Valeroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
As opposed to no landscaping at all? Look at Both Olympic Parks and Compare from aerial views. Athens Venues shitted all over sydney. And Organisation?? Who cares when the Athens games were totally flawless...lets not forget the Torch incident in Sydney.. wow 6 years of organisation and 3 years to spare and the torch still gets stuck? Are you proud of that?
Well, we had a known Olympic Torch bearer who wasn't caught using drugs before the ceremony. Are YOU proud of that? Haha. Anyway, again you're only focusing on the Opening Ceremony. I'll remind you in bold letters: The Opening Ceremony is not the only thing present at the Olympic Games. You're a horrible representative of Greece - one can only hope that with such cheap logic like yours, the games NEVER go back to Athens.
Old October 29th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #325
Landos
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Hey, my buddy Valeroso is back! I thought he got tossed out of here weeks ago for congenital stupidity.
Landos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 02:34 PM   #326
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Hey, my buddy Valeroso is back! I thought he got tossed out of here weeks ago for congenital stupidity.
valeroso is ok cept for him supporting arsenal....i sense some issues around that....otherwise he is ok...i think people have just written off you landos...but its still fun to here you babble cept its nothing new....bla bla bla
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #327
Erektion

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyrey
This is a thread for all of you idiots who seem intent on arguing who has the bigger *****, sorry better olympics, and are intent on ruining the london olympics thread.
so please add all of your tiresome bitching in here.
ill start... sydney was the best games ever and athens was a pile of poo. that should get you going.
I have never read more embarassing and disgusting posts to any thread since joining this site. Reyrey knew exactly what he was doing when he started this thread, and some people have completely taken the bait. How embarassing...

What is wrong with the world today? (there's a thread if ever I heard one)
"Who has the bigger *****", alright!

Why do people feel insistant that their opinions matter most? By all means, add your thoughts, but to attack others is just plain crazy. Accept that people are different. If other's do not agree with our opinions, does this mean that they are wrong? NO! The world is made up of billions of amazing people with very different ways of thinking, living, etc. Fine, disagree but it's so barbaric to attack another for such ridiculous reasons.

Personally I couldn't seperate Sydney with Athens. Is it because I was incredibly lucky to have attended Sydney? Or because I am of 100% Greek origin? Doesn't really matter does it?
I am all for national pride and it's positive influence on a society but come on people!!!
You can't take away the amazing Greek influence on modern society and neither can you disreguard any other race's influence either. I hold a special place in my "mind" and heart for what they achieved and gave us. This however does not make me think I am superior...just lucky to understand its importance ( ...and probably only to me).

So for the Greek contingent, get the hell over it! You are completely embarassing yourselves and showing the world a very bad side to our society.

So who held the best Olympics? Oh I don't know...how long is a piece of string?

(by the way, I welcome positive feedback to this post. You don't have to agree with any of it but at least have the intelligence to be courteous and respectful)
Erektion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #328
Valeroso

Quote:
Congenital stupidity from your behalf I see you haven't taken the sign that nobody here actuallly wants you, eh?

Quote:
valeroso is ok cept for him supporting arsenal....i sense some issues around that....otherwise he is ok...i think people have just written off you landos...but its still fun to here you babble cept its nothing new....bla bla bla

Haha, but the logo is red, and it has the word "Arse' in it, how else could I resist? Anyway, you're an okay guy yourself! I want Cape Town to win the 2016 Olympics now more than ever!
Old October 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #329
Aquarius
Nooo, ya no

Likes (Received): 44

Aquarius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #330
Giorgio

^ Calatravas Design is refering to Athens?
Old October 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #331
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeroso
Congenital stupidity from your behalf I see you haven't taken the sign that nobody here actuallly wants you, eh?

Haha, but the logo is red, and it has the word "Arse' in it, how else could I resist? Anyway, you're an okay guy yourself! I want Cape Town to win the 2016 Olympics now more than ever!
valeroso are u hitting on me??
Old October 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #332
Giorgio

You wish

btw have you planned the aquatic centre yet?
Old October 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #333
Mo Rush

Quote:
You wish

btw have you planned the aquatic centre yet?
i wish??? for all i know he is a 90 year old grandfather....yeah im working on it....ill send u summin.....its just like main bowl stadium thing for the main pool and a rectangular add one to the bowl for the diving....i dunno summmin like that....
Old October 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #334
Giorgio

lol...is it anything like my previous design? if so, cool if not...i hope your drawing is good. i have an idea i might make one up for you.
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #335
Valeroso

Quote:
valeroso are u hitting on me??
No thank you, I love my women! But I prefer to cheer more for Cape Town knowing that .::G!oRgOs::. may one day be proven wrong!
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #336
Mo Rush

Quote:
No thank you, I love my women! But I prefer to cheer more for Cape Town knowing that .::G!oRgOs::. may one day be proven wrong!
ah ok...
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #337
Giorgio

Quote:
How so? God i cant even keep track of all the 'crap' iv said over the year (its my one year anniversary on the forum this month!)
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #338
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

Giorgos and Landos must be the two biggest f*******s on the forum. They are too stupid to deserve a response.
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #339
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
How so? God i cant even keep track of all the 'crap' iv said over the year (its my one year anniversary on the forum this month!)
Yes most of what you have said is exactly that... CRAP.

Rest assured we are keeping track of it even if you are too stupid to remember some of the insane and offensive things you have said.
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #340
carecife

Likes (Received): 90

Barcelona