daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What has been the Olympic opening ceremony's most beautiful story
Barcelona 1992 20 16.67%
Sydney 2000 20 16.67%
Athens 2004 43 35.83%
Beijing 2008 37 30.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 29th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #341
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
Giorgos and Landos must be the two biggest f*******s on the forum. They are too stupid to deserve a response.

Then why do you?
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:12 AM   #342
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Sydney 2000.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #343
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Giorgos and Landos must be the two biggest f*******s on the forum. They are too stupid to deserve a response.
**** you you ****. Get the **** out of this forum
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #344
Galactic Ruler

Likes (Received): 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
Then why do you?
I didn't say i required a response and I didn't ask for it. You are just as thick as the two of them anyway - maybe I should have included you.
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM   #345
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 37

Barcelona 92 , cause I was there
De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #346
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

What makes you think your not a **** wit? Clearly you are.
You are one of the most hated people on this forum, iv bitched about you many times and iv always recieved bitchy comments towards yourself also. I dont give a toss what you say about me, your a nobody with no life. A 41 year old loser with no life...who thinks hes a space cadet? Get real you low life scum.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #347
MILIUX
skyscraper connoisseur

Likes (Received): 331

Avatar is a fine forumer. You were not around since Sept 2002 to see his view.

You Giorgos, are a traitor going anti-Australian but living in his soil.
MILIUX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #348
Galactic Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
What makes you think your not a **** wit? Clearly you are.
You are one of the most hated people on this forum, iv bitched about you many times and iv always recieved bitchy comments towards yourself also. I dont give a toss what you say about me, your a nobody with no life. A 41 year old loser with no life...who thinks hes a space cadet? Get real you low life scum.
Haha - since when have I received as much vitriol as you? I cant think of many people telling me I am stupid or a looser - save for yourself and your cohorts. Anyway, why would you receive the bitchy comments for me - Shouldn't I be the one that takes receipt of comments directed to me or am I missing something? You have a strange way of disseminating information.

The socalled 'bitchy' comments you make are lame - all you do is reguritate what is thrown at you and ad in a bit of bad language. You can't even be original in your attacks all you do is dig yourself deeper with each comment.

Last time I checked I wasn't anywhere near 41YO - where the hell did you get that idea from? Unfortunatly way off the mark. BTW I love how you just make things up like that - shows just how you operate - you just pluck things out of nowhere to suit your arguements.

Yawn now I am bored again. You have been argueing with other forumers since you joined - you simply haven't stopped. I got bored with you last time and now I am bored with you again. 11 months of ignoring you was great but I can't sit back and swallow all the crap you feed these forums. I am not the only one either.

Last edited by Avatar; October 30th, 2005 at 04:30 PM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #349
rondeez
GO THE EELS!

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
the torch still gets stuck? Are you proud of that?
The music kept playing and the fireworks still came when they were supposed to.. so it wasnt that noticable... plus it goes to show u how good the games were if the torch getting stuck for a minute was the only problem you can pick out HA HA HA. Empty seats at the Olympics is WAY more embarassing in my opinion...... SHOCKING!!! LOL!

Dont forget the Athens organisers looked to Sydney for help. So have Beijing and London.

That is how good the games of 2000 in Sydney were
A BENCHMARK for future Olympic games
rondeez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #350
Galactic Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeez
The music kept playing and the fireworks still came when they were supposed to.. so it wasnt that noticable... plus it goes to show u how good the games were if the torch getting stuck for a minute was the only problem you can pick out HA HA HA. Empty seats at the Olympics is WAY more embarassing in my opinion...... SHOCKING!!! LOL!

Dont forget the Athens organisers looked to Sydney for help. So have Beijing and London.

That is how good the games of 2000 in Sydney were
A BENCHMARK for future Olympic games
So true - it's not like governments and organisations hosting the future games choose to employ staff with an unproven track record. They chose staff from Australia and SOCOG due to a belief in the professional and essentially flawless delivery of the Sydney Games - sure there were teething problems as there is with any major event of this magnitude but as rondeez states... a benchmark.
Old October 30th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #351
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:
I didn't say i required a response and I didn't ask for it. You are just as thick as the two of them anyway - maybe I should have included you.
Christos is one of the best forumers here. He states his opinion without insulting people. You are just as bad as Landos, giorgos. For you anyone who doesnt agree that the Athens Olympics were shit is a Sydney hater.
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.--Nelson Mandela
Zorba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #352
Galactic Ruler

What a load of bullshit. I don't think Athens was bad, I am not against people that disliked Sydney's games. What I am against is hypocritical and stupid assertions raised by some.

I disagree the twisted and ill-informed comments some frequently make. If you notice I only started posting in this thread recently. The big G has been in arguments with several forumers for months - some of them not even Australian. I don't often use the C word directly at people on the forums either.

I have no problem with informed, rational discussion. It is prefered. Unfortunately some don't seem to understand.

Last edited by Avatar; October 30th, 2005 at 05:11 PM.
Avatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #353
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

jerry jerry!!! jerry jerrY!!! this is turning into the ricky lake show....very entertaining...
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #354
ESSEXgeezer
///////////////

I can't really remember barca, only atlanta, sydney and athens. of these i think sydney was best - the venues and spirit of those games were the best
ESSEXgeezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #355
Landos
BANNED

Quote:
essentially flawless delivery of the Sydney Games
The torch got stuck during the openning ceremonies. Maybe that's "flawless delivery" in Sydney, the rest of the world was embarassed for you.

As for Avatar, he sets the bar just a wee bit lower with every post he makes in this forum. He hasn't added tangible content to any subject in all the time I've been here. Just more bla, bla, bla as Mo Rush would say. I note-not with any real surprise-that he hails from Sydney. Probably was part of the Olympic Torch lighting crew for the Sydney Games. The torch probably got stuck when he flicked his reefer into the gearing just before opening ceremony.

Last edited by Landos; October 31st, 2005 at 01:18 AM.
Landos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #356
Landos
BANNED

Quote:
I have no problem with informed, rational discussion.
You don't understand a word of it, either. Informed, rational discussion may as well be in a foreign language for all you're going to get out of it.

You the first one in your family to be born without fur?
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #357
Landos
BANNED

Quote:
Dont forget the Athens organisers looked to Sydney for help.
Custodial only. Always a few career opportunities swabbing toilets and adding the mints to the urinals. There's a few in this forum that could just handle those responsibilities without taxing their capabilities too awfully much.
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #358
Christos7

Quote:

Oh am I?

Well excuse me for quoting your post, I had no idea we could only comment when it was required or asked of us.

I didn't forget you avatar, I didn't forget our past conversations. I remember them quite well actually. (maybe you don't....) I remember you constantly invading Greek topics having to do with the Olympics and hijacking them with a few of your friends, constantly putting down the Athens games. I remember going head to head with you and your many baseless comments on the games, and in the end, when I did prove you wrong (as I was much more familair with the games than yourself) all you had to say was you were in it for "kicks and giggles" (something to that effect) and you enjoy going back and forth with people, in these meaningless conversations, which is evident yet again here in this topic. Thats the first time I really lost interest here, because I realized most weren't here to discuss the games, and share information and enjoy the forums, but simply to be jackasses and insult each other and each others countries. You are no different from Landos, although you try and do it much more descreetly. You had behind some kind of ridiculous moral highground, when infact the core of you two is the same. This place would be alot better if such posters and comments were ignored, don't you think?

Feel free to comment on this post by way, just incase you feel it isn't required or asked of you.
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)

Last edited by Christos7; October 30th, 2005 at 08:07 PM.
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #359
Landos
BANNED

Quote:
You are no different from Landos, although you try and do it much more descreetly.
When are you going to wake up to the fact that some people are just biased against Greeks, Christos? They hate and envy us for our history of cultural accomplishment. They hate and envy us for our contributions to science. They hate our national pride.

You can't be nice enough to them to make them like you. You can't meet them half-way. They're going to hate us no matter what we do, so why waste your time trying to get along with them?

Frankly, I resent your putting me on the same level as these troglodytes. They couldn't hold a candle to my background, education or career accomplishments. You really need to wake up and smell the coffee, Palikari.
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #360
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landos
When are you going to wake up to the fact that some people are just biased against Greeks, Christos? They hate and envy us for our history of cultural accomplishment. They hate and envy us for our contributions to science. They hate our national pride.

You can't be nice enough to them to make them like you. You can't meet them half-way. They're going to hate us no matter what we do, so why waste your time trying to get along with them?

Frankly, I resent your putting me on the same level as these troglodytes. They couldn't hold a candle to my background, education or career accomplishments. You really need to wake up and smell the coffee, Palikari.
i dont think "some" people are against greeks...i can't be i love greeks most of my uni friends are greek or italian...i dont have anything to add as its all the same as before just a new day....uhm the torch got stuck yeah that was a mistake...but then dont cry foul when others find major faults in the athens games...if you criticize just be open for other to find fault in your "Dream" games....as for giorgios i love the fact that he actually lives in australia..almost ironic...but he is an ok fella...its landos i worry about...then again i dont think he lives in greece either...otherwise same old arguments same people...enjoy...makes for a good laugh..
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote