daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 19th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #2321
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehot View Post
not particularly exciting, but not bad for a provincial city
Could you possibly be more contemptuous. Beats hell out of anything in Brisbane and equal to anything in the much larger Moscow.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #2322
CincyBearcats

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Could you possibly be more contemptuous. Beats hell out of anything in Brisbane and equal to anything in the much larger Moscow.
Brisbane is an amazing city with a great quality of life and a plethora of out doors stuff to do. Have you ever been there? No need to bash it because someone says something you do not really agree with.

On that note, those street level shots really make the skyline look good. Devon "fits" in better with surrounding buildings.
CincyBearcats no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #2323
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyBearcats View Post
Brisbane is an amazing city with a great quality of life and a plethora of out doors stuff to do. Have you ever been there? No need to bash it because someone says something you do not really agree with.

On that note, those street level shots really make the skyline look good. Devon "fits" in better with surrounding buildings.
No need to school-marm a poster for responding to contemptuous remarks. Mind your own business.

And yes, I've spent time in Brisbane.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #2324
CincyBearcats

Quote:
No need to school-marm a poster for responding to contemptuous remarks. Mind your own business.

And yes, I've spent time in Brisbane.
Dude, grow up. You really sound pathetic now.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #2325
Dale

Quote:
Dude, grow up. You really sound pathetic now.
Dude ? How old are you, 12 ? Stop playing hall-monitor.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #2326
CincyBearcats

Quote:
Dude ? How old are you, 12 ? Stop playing hall-monitor.
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Go bi*** to people who actually care. You're the one sitting here telling me to "mind my own business." lol really? Business on an internet forum where you managed to bash a city that is superior to anything you give it credit for because some guy's location says he's from there. Ya, that's real personal business. Seriously, grow up and take your little fit elsewhere. I just called you out for attacking Brisbane, and you want to turn it into a big deal, get a life.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #2327
CincyBearcats

Look out everyone, the "hall monitor" is on the loose!
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #2328
Dale

Quote:
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Go bi*** to people who actually care. You're the one sitting here telling me to "mind my own business." lol really? Business on an internet forum where you managed to bash a city that is superior to anything you give it credit for because some guy's location says he's from there. Ya, that's real personal business. Seriously, grow up and take your little fit elsewhere. I just called you out for attacking Brisbane, and you want to turn it into a big deal, get a life.
You seem like you're taking this personally. And 'attacking' Brisbane ? What a drama queen.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #2329
CincyBearcats

Quote:
You seem like you're taking this personally. And 'attacking' Brisbane ? What a drama queen.
I'm the drama queen? Look who told me to mind my own business when all I did was ask if you had been to Brisbane and there was no need to put it down like you did. You clearly known nothing about Brisbane, that's all I was pointing out. Then you went on your fit and starting complaining. Obviously this is "personal business" to you. Whoops.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #2330
Dale

Quote:
I'm the drama queen? Look who told me to mind my own business when all I did was ask if you had been to Brisbane and there was no need to put it down like you did. You clearly known nothing about Brisbane, that's all I was pointing out. Then you went on your fit and starting complaining. Obviously this is "personal business" to you. Whoops.
*sighs* A poster refers to OKC as a 'provincial town' and I'm supposed to use my Mr. Rogers voice.

Grow up and stop projecting.
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #2331
CincyBearcats

Quote:
*sighs* A poster refers to OKC as a 'provincial town' and I'm supposed to use my Mr. Rogers voice.

Grow up and stop projecting.
Pot, meet kettle! You have over 6,000 posts, act like a mature poster. I never said you weren't suppose to use your "Mr. Roger's voice," but there was no need to put Brisbane down like you did. Who cares what some poster said, you take it that personally? Seriously, you throw out all these words, but they really seem to define you. Go back and read my first post, I never said anything about you in a rude manner. Just asked if you had been there and said it offered a lot more than you ever gave it credit for. If you have been to Brisbane, you know what it has to offer. From the the riverfront parks, dense CBD that is going through its own construction boom with plenty of highrises, and a short drive up the Pacific Motorway from the Gold Coast. Now you don't have to admit to it, but that's exactly what you did, and you know there was no need to put Brisbane down. You took something that was not meant to be anything, and turned it into something. How the hell am I taking things personally?

Take your own advice:

Grow up and stop projecting. Because that is exactly what you did.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #2332
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 128

Any updates on the LED exterior lighting? I figure they should be testing more sections. Right?
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #2333
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

del
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #2334
diggyba

Likes (Received): 0

From NewsOK:

diggyba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2335
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

I love Devon Headquarters! So gorgeous!
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2336
ein okc!
devonian

Likes (Received): 1

i've never understood the extreme hate and jealousy for okc on this site.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #2337
JJG

Likes (Received): 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by ein okc! View Post
i've never understood the extreme hate and jealousy for okc on this site.
I can, speaking as someone from a state with Dallas, Houston, and Austin.

Because it's Oklahoma City and not a more recognizable, larger city, some feel that OKC shouldn't have this building.

I won't say that OKC doesn't "deserve" it (cities build, regardless of size), but even the citizens of OKC have to admit it does look a little out of place.

P.S., internet arguments are childish.
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #2338
Hot Rod
Big City Enthusiast

Location: Vancouver, Osaka, Chicago, Chongqing, Seattle, and OKC
Likes (Received): 99

but this can not be true, because when people visited okc in the past, the most common 'complaint' was that OKC's skyline was puny. We've even had people on here call it tiny; which leads me to think folks are expecting MORE from OKC and not less as JJG is saying.

I think JJG's pov is a Texas view that is different than what Eric is talking about. Texas sees Oklahoma (and particularly OKC) as little brother and therefore subservant to. Times are changing, and there is a bit of awe from down south. Eric is not talking about that, I believe he is talking about what I mentioned - that OKC is never good enough to many folks; people ALWAYS look for faults (cbd not big enough, not enough height, not enough density, too compact, building too slow, shouldn't have an elite NBA team. .......) instead of giving OKC a chance on its own merit.

Not every city can be NYC or Chicago, and there are many who do NOT strive to be either. I think, if folks gave OKC a chance and clean slate - they'd probably find it to be a nice city that is doing things organically (as demonstrated by the NBA team) - which is much more sustainable than other cities who pop things up quickly/artificially.
Hot Rod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2339
JJG

Likes (Received): 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
but this can not be true, because when people visited okc in the past, the most common 'complaint' was that OKC's skyline was puny. We've even had people on here call it tiny; which leads me to think folks are expecting MORE from OKC and not less as JJG is saying.

I think JJG's pov is a Texas view that is different than what Eric is talking about. Texas sees Oklahoma (and particularly OKC) as little brother and therefore subservant to. Times are changing, and there is a bit of awe from down south. Eric is not talking about that, I believe he is talking about what I mentioned - that OKC is never good enough to many folks; people ALWAYS look for faults (cbd not big enough, not enough height, not enough density, too compact, building too slow, shouldn't have an elite NBA team. .......) instead of giving OKC a chance on its own merit.

Not every city can be NYC or Chicago, and there are many who do NOT strive to be either. I think, if folks gave OKC a chance and clean slate - they'd probably find it to be a nice city that is doing things organically (as demonstrated by the NBA team) - which is much more sustainable than other cities who pop things up quickly/artificially.
All good points.... but for the sake of not hearing from certain people from a certain city in the Pacific Northwest, can ya NOT bring up the Thunder?
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #2340
heyerdahl

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Because it's Oklahoma City and not a more recognizable, larger city, some feel that OKC shouldn't have this building.
that's funny though because buildings have nothing to do with how large or recognizable a city is.

this particular building has everything to do with how large, successful, and growing the company that needed every inch of it is. people are forgetting that this building is serving an actual purpose and as a bonus OKC gets a new symbol for its city
heyerdahl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
oklahoma city