daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 16th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #221
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

People, Cashville has been wanting this tower to be cancelled altogether since it was proposed. Why? Because he's jealous, simple as that. So all he's trying to do is talk down the tower as much as he can. It's pathetic how thorough he's become, obsessive in a way. Point is Cashville is that OKC is getting this tower one way or another, no matter what height either it's still going to look amazing.

But if you're numbers prove to be somewhat accurate (which I'm not going to add and subtract floor heights and obsess like you), I won't say anything because honestly I won't be surprised. I was expecting this tower to be in 800s from the first announcement and I think it will be better for Devon.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #222
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

I was hoping that the tower would pass the Dallas height record so that someone here would get jealous and plan a new taller tower!
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #223
Cashville
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
But if you're numbers prove to be somewhat accurate (which I'm not going to add and subtract floor heights and obsess like you), I won't say anything because honestly I won't be surprised. I was expecting this tower to be in 800s from the first announcement and I think it will be better for Devon.
Yeah its obsessive, probably took all of a minute to come up with those numbers.
Cashville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #224
shane453

Likes (Received): 4

architect5311 on OKCtalk.com posted these Sketchup models showing the reduction:

It's not that big of an impact on the look of the building, and it's still probably the most impressive construction project in the country at almost 2 million sf.
shane453 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #225
Cashville
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
it's still probably the most impressive construction project in the country at almost 2 million sf.

Old August 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #226
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

Likes (Received): 46

I am sad about the reduction,but when these plans 1st came out I would have flipped for a 850' tower,infact a poll I started on okmet.org,no one even came close or expected to hear 925' or even 850'-I was thinking 700-750 and even if there are more reductions,so what I'm just glad to see a new tower in OKC!
dmoor82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM   #227
Classof2010

Likes (Received): 22

Cashville. Poor example. Everyone knows how slowly that tower is progressing. That particular project, and the whole surrounding development area has been a poor construction area at best. And for good reason I suppose, but also because of lack of true desire for it. For it supposedly being the shining example of America's strength and durability, the Freedom Tower is kinda sad, even if it is much grander. Choose another and I might agree with you.

Anyways. I think those models of the difference of 925' and 850' show how big of a deal this is. It's so minimal it's not even worth fretting over. And I guess it makes the other people who though it was going to stick out horrible, slightly more content with it's surroundings.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:49 PM   #228
Cashville
BANNED

Um, no its a great example. The roof is going to be at least 500' taller than Devons roof, clearly its a a far more impressive construction project.

Its not like I picked the Chicago Spire, from the Freedom Tower U/C thread there is something clearly going on here.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...19362&page=500

But keep living in your bubble with the rest of the OKC peeps and keep telling yourself that the ever-shrinking Devon Tower is the top construction project in the country.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:50 AM   #229
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Devon is head-and-shoulders about fraid-of-em tower in terms of design.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:17 AM   #230
Cashville
BANNED

Not surprisingly Dale is not getting the point. Shane makes a dumb comment about how Devon Tower is the most impressive construction project in the country then goes on to mention the size of the tower. Freedom Tower is clearly a far more impressive tower from that standpoint.

And the design aspect is debatable (and you immediately discredit your self with your stupid name for FT) , neither are anything cutting edge on that standpoint. Towers of Devons ilk are in are the current fad these days. Just different variations on the same design.

If you remember correctly the reason they ended up with this particular architect was because they wanted something similar to their previous designs, and thats what they got. Not anything special outside the height aspect compared to the other buildings in the city.

Last edited by Cashville; August 23rd, 2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:19 AM   #231
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Not surprisingly Dale is not getting the point. Shane makes a dumb comment about how Devon Tower is the most impressive construction project in the country then goes on to mention the size of the tower. Freedom Tower is clearly a far more impressive tower from that standpoint.

And the design aspect is debatable (and you immediately discredit your self with your stupid name for FT) , neither are anything cutting edge on that standpoint. Towers of Devons ilk are in are the current fad these days. Just different variations on the same design.

If you remember correctly the reason they ended up with this particular architect was because they wanted something similar to their previous designs, and thats what they got. Not anything special outside the height aspect compared to the other buildings in the city.
I thought that fraid-of-em tower was as apt as it was clever, what with its bunker-style base.

And what's the deal with your OKC hatefest ? Devon beats hell out of anything going up in your podunk town, I'll bet.
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:25 AM   #232
TU 'cane
Registered User.

Likes (Received): 111

Cashville is a terrorist... he likes hijacking threads... Oh!! Burn!!! Ouch!

Haha.

Principle 27: The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
-28 Principles of Freedom

"Political correctness does not legislate tolerance; it only organizes hatred."
-Jacques Barzun
TU 'cane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:21 AM   #233
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

About 1 month till const. starts!!!!
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:46 AM   #234
Cashville
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I thought that fraid-of-em tower was as apt as it was clever, what with its bunker-style base.

And what's the deal with your OKC hatefest ? Devon beats hell out of anything going up in your podunk town, I'll bet.
Yeah Nashville is podunk, try again Dale. I hope you are not as terrible at life as you are at Internet trash talk.
Old August 31st, 2009, 01:52 AM   #235
Philly Bud
City Of Brotherly Love

Likes (Received): 246

It's a clean, modern, sleek design. It soars!

I hope they build this one, and doesn't turn out to be a pipe dream like Nashville's Signature Tower.
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #236
dmoor82
Red Sox Nation!

About 3 weeks until const. starts!!!! it will be great seeing a skyscraper rise in DT OKC it's been soooo long!
Old September 12th, 2009, 05:41 AM   #237
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Yeah Nashville is podunk, try again Dale. I hope you are not as terrible at life as you are at Internet trash talk.
You're right of course. You don't deserve trash talk. You deserve the ... Batman Building.

*snickers*
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #238
Classof2010

Likes (Received): 22

Don't be a ******* moron Cashville. I don't live in any bubble and I never ever even remotely touted the Devon Tower as the top construction in the country. Try Again.

And no, I respectfully disagreed, I don't believe the Freedom Tower is a good example of a bigger project at hand when it has been in almost a complete stand still. It is just now accumulating any sort of notable progress. I wasn't trying to argue, I even said pick another example and I would agree. You're really touchy, you know that? XD No offense against the Freedom Tower, I do think it's amazing.

"Ever-Shrinking Devon Tower." Lmao, it was reduced one time due to re-management of space. It was even stated that it was not a reduction. Ever-Shrinking. Oh lord. What will you come up with next?
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #239
Dale

They could clip 300 feet off the thing and it would still be taller than anything in Dollypartonville.
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:35 PM   #240
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classof2010 View Post
Don't be a ******* moron Cashville. I don't live in any bubble and I never ever even remotely touted the Devon Tower as the top construction in the country. Try Again.

And no, I respectfully disagreed, I don't believe the Freedom Tower is a good example of a bigger project at hand when it has been in almost a complete stand still. It is just now accumulating any sort of notable progress. I wasn't trying to argue, I even said pick another example and I would agree. You're really touchy, you know that? XD No offense against the Freedom Tower, I do think it's amazing.

"Ever-Shrinking Devon Tower." Lmao, it was reduced one time due to re-management of space. It was even stated that it was not a reduction. Ever-Shrinking. Oh lord. What will you come up with next?
The Freedom Tower was only at a standstill once....right after they dug up a few bodies they hadn't found before. That site has been rocking ever since. I certainly will never understand why people think this tower is slow. If you knew anything about the maze of services and subways beneath the original towers, you'd no doubt realize this project has been anything but slow.
TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
oklahoma city