daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:57 PM   #2561
JimB

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Riccio View Post

This is a very delicate moment, Milevsky during the flight the ball went back and the defender was closer to the gate in a better position. Because it is a passive offside.
What Milevsky did "during the flight of the ball" is irrelevant. All that matters is that he was two metres offside at the precise moment that the pass was made.
JimB está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:58 PM   #2562
JimB

Quote:
Why UEFA representatives did not mention about the offside, and a goal recognized?
UEFA have made no comment on either the offside or the disallowed goal.

But it's irrelevant anyway.

We don't need UEFA to comment to know that Milevsky was offside. We have eyes of our own!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM   #2563
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1925

Quote:

This is a very delicate moment, Milevsky during the flight the ball went back and the defender was closer to the gate in a better position. Because it is a passive offside.
You can't be "passive" if the ball is passed to you. A passive player is one who is not involved in the move up to that point.

Moving back "onside" during the flight of the ball makes no difference as offside is always from when the ball is passed, not when it is received.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2564
Igor L.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4224

Ukrainian fans=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor L. View Post
Igor L. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2565
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito KurDeBalanz View Post
Wow. I see that we've got football referees here. Impresive. How about that those Hungarian referees admitted that they've made mistake denying goal for Ukraine?
If Alex Riccio makes an incorrect statement about "passive" onside, you can hardly expect that he won't be challenged.

Quote:
JimB - please don't act like on this forum are only haters, guys are just trying to say that referee's decision was just bigest f.ckup of this tournament so far.
And every time that they make that point without acknowledging that the goal shouldn't have been allowed anyway, because of the offside, I will remind them that justice was done in the end.

Quote:
Another thing (and this has nothing to do with mine liking or disliking England) I believe you're watching Germany - Greece (It's the end of first half), being neutral I just don't want to watch teams like Greece and/or England "performing" against Ukraine.
Totally agreed with you about Greece. I'm glad that they're out and that a highly entertaining team like Germany are through. If I was a neutral, I would agree with you about this current England team too. They are poor and not very entertaining.

However, I wouldn't want any team, however boring they might be, to be knocked out of the tournament because of an injustice. And if England had been knocked out because Devic's goal had been allowed to stand, then it would have been an injustice.

Quote:
In every post you are underlining that there should be 2 penalties awarded to England, how about hand ball by John Terry inside penalty box.
It would have been very harsh had John Terry been penalised for handball. The ball was struck hard at him, from a distance of less than 5 metres. There was nothing that he could have done to get his arm out of the way.

By contrast, the two penalties denied England were definite fouls by Ukrainian defenders - one an obvious tug on Rooney's shirt; the other a clear push in Carroll's back.

Quote:
And last but not least - try to relax a bit and don't take everything so seriously, life's too short, take example of RobH. Regards
I'm perfectly relaxed, thanks. Regards.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:15 AM   #2566
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
I think it's funny that you seem to be taking a goal that was not given, that was also offside (that is undeniable) so seriously, yet at the same time say JimB is being too serious.

The thing about him is, he's a very logical and fair guy and if people on here seem so determined to say things like "England don't deserve to have gotten through" and so on, he's going to defend England.

Like it or not, England won their group with 7 points, they beat Sweden and Ukraine and followed the laws of the game. They deserve to be in the Quarter finals. The more you go on and on about it, it makes it seem like you have some sort of thing against England, bad losers if you will.
This.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #2567
Acosta
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1210

AWESOME match for Germany.
Acosta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2568
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acosta View Post
AWESOME match for Germany.
They look fantastic going forward.

But they also look quite vulnerable at the back. Surprising, since Greece's attacking players aren't great and they showed so little attacking ambition.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:04 AM   #2569
Don Vito KurDeBalanz
zdradziecka morda

Likes (Received): 18943

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
I think it's funny that you seem to be taking a goal that was not given, that was also offside (that is undeniable) so seriously, yet at the same time say JimB is being too serious.

The thing about him is, he's a very logical and fair guy and if people on here seem so determined to say things like "England don't deserve to have gotten through" and so on, he's going to defend England.

Like it or not, England won their group with 7 points, they beat Sweden and Ukraine and followed the laws of the game. They deserve to be in the Quarter finals. The more you go on and on about it, it makes it seem like you have some sort of thing against England, bad losers if you will.
If I was taking the goal (that was not given ) seriously I wouldn't post that "meme" with John Terry before, I just thought it was funny. Reading all posts of JimB I would never dare to claim that he's not logical and fair (You are Jim ), I only wanted to ease the tension a bit. Only unconsious person would think that English team didn't deserve Quarter finals with 7 points. Luckily we've got freedom of speach so I just pointed out that I disliked the style English team achieved their result, nothing less nothing more so please do not take this discussion any further. Especialy to political level. I am just crazy about football and beauty of this sport so I hope on the next level English players will perform much better than up to now. I wish they will.
Would you like Greece to win this tournament with their style ?
I know it's rhetorical question so if English team would win I just hope they will find their own style that will "pleasure" my eyes
Don Vito KurDeBalanz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM   #2570
Acosta
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
They look fantastic going forward.

But they also look quite vulnerable at the back. Surprising, since Greece's attacking players aren't great and they showed so little attacking ambition.
That's why the tend to loose playing against Spain.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:26 AM   #2571
Igor L.
BANNED

Especially for JimB

Quote:
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:27 AM   #2572
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito KurDeBalanz View Post
If I was taking the goal (that was not given ) seriously I wouldn't post that "meme" with John Terry before, I just thought it was funny. Reading all posts of JimB I would never dare to claim that he's not logical and fair (You are Jim ), I only wanted to ease the tension a bit. Only unconsious person would think that English team didn't deserve Quarter finals with 7 points. Luckily we've got freedom of speach so I just pointed out that I disliked the style English team achieved their result, nothing less nothing more so please do not take this discussion any further. Especialy to political level. I am just crazy about football and beauty of this sport so I hope on the next level English players will perform much better than up to now. I wish they will.
Would you like Greece to win this tournament with their style ?
I know it's rhetorical question so if English team would win I just hope they will find their own style that will "pleasure" my eyes
Totally agreed.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:28 AM   #2573
JimB

Quote:
Especially for JimB
Awwwwwwwwww.......thanks!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #2574
Igor L.
BANNED

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwww.......thanks!

Quote:

England fans in Kyiv

England fans vs Swedish fans

http://slawa.livejournal.com/
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2575
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

Come on guys. There are so many football threads.
Its the satdium thread. So please just post girl pics..ehhm stadiums

via wikipedia
Overall attendance: 1,162,846
Average attendance per match: 44,725

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #2576
JimB

France v Spain a very dull game. No ambition from the French at all.
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #2577
Good Karma
Live and let live

Likes (Received): 139

All the quarter finals have so far been rather dull. I hope England v Italy is much more interesting.
Good Karma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #2578
JimB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Karma View Post
All the quarter finals have so far been rather dull. I hope England v Italy is much more interesting.
Germany v Greece was entertaining - if a little one sided.

I don't hold much hope of England v Italy being very entertaining. Neither team is currently blessed with a plethora of outstanding attacking talents.

But perhaps the first penalty shoot out of the tournament?
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #2579
Igor L.
BANNED

Quote:
But perhaps the first penalty shoot out of the tournament?
Poland vs Greece - the first penalty shoot out of the tournament
Old June 24th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #2580
Acosta
BANNED

A con ellos! Spain is on the semifinals.

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums