daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 18th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #441
Rhoy

Likes (Received): 10

Fair enough. Congratulations Poland/Ukraine!
Rhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #442
michał_

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
onyl for national team
i hope it will make profit each year
and the other stadiums
can the clubs fill them?
Donetzk wouldn't be a problem IMO (BTW 50.000 or 55.000?)

i ask because i do not like it when the stadiums are mainly empty after the organisation

BTW
how is the infrastructe?
number of hotels, railways, metro etc?

Yes, it may change (National Stadium of Poland).
I think it will make profits, more and more mass events are being held in Poland each year.
As for league team stadiums:

- I see no problems for Lech Poznan (propably the biggest active fanbase in Poland, 40 000 attendances are surely possible, today the biggest games are sold out with record of the last years- nearly 30000, I know it may sound poor to some people, but here it's a huge leap!)

- Wisla Krakow should fill it's stadium with a full house several times a year with the stands filled in most parts for regular games, but it all depends on the policy of the club owners- on and off the pitch.

- Slaski Stadium (Chorzow) is an enigma. It may end up empty most of the time, because it's a nobody's stadium. However, it's located in the second biggest Europe's conurbation (over 3mln people in several cities within some 50km) and there are many teams with huge popularity, but currently they are running low- only one of them in the top league and performing rather poor. If any of them gains interest of a rich sponsor it could possibly fill the stadium at least for the big games.

- Baltic Arena, Gdansk. Lechia Gdansk is a second league team but trying to reach the Extralcass just like in the old days witho ne of second league's highest attendances. My guess is with decent form of the players it might be filled all the way for top games and some 60-70% for regulars. And I guess the tendency would be rising.

- Wroclaw. This one is very alike with Gdansk, but there are currently plans of building two stadiums- one for the E2012 and one for the team- Slask. Both would be big in Polish conditions. But would both be filled for football games? Not sure about that.

As for infrastructure- poor highways and roads in general (in both countries), but around 2011 it should just make the required quality. Even today a decision was made to construct the main highway from south-western Poland to Ukraine (A4) faster then panned. Some 1 500km of new highways are to be built in Poland from what I've read. Similar lenght of railway lines to be modernised or built from scratch. 8 airports to be modernised, enlarged or built from scratch. And I am only talking about Poland. We have to rememeber that Ukraine has both- more to do and much bigger potential in some aspects.

Hotels- Poland is experiencing a tourist boom nowadays, with Krakow the main magnet (the airport was modernised last year and is already barely enough), Warsaw, Wroclaw and Gdansk gaining a lot of popularity. From what I know only Warsaw and Krakow fulfill the demand today. Kiev is the next to reach the UEFA required capacities, Wroclaw also close to it. Silesian conurbation should also make it on time.
As for Ukraine, apart from Kiev, Lviv is rather poor, Donieck and Dniepropietrowsk even worse (one of these has only 500 hotel rooms of all standards if I'm not mistaking!) with Odessa going rather good in this terms.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #443
sdk
sportsfan

Likes (Received): 0

Congratulation! I hope we will see some really nice stadiums in the future and of course a great atmosphere during the Euro. Hope there wil be no trouble with any hools. Neither polish nor german or any others.
sdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #444
DemoNeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
so the 70.000 new design can be changed?
Probably will be changed, also projects of two stadiums in Wroclaw aren't final. I mean about this two designs:

Last edited by DemoNeo; October 10th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.
DemoNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #445
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 174

The last news I read is that 4 stadiums will be used in Poland (Warszawa, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Poznan) and 4 in Ukraine (Kiev, Donetsk, Lvov, Dniepropetrovsk). Opening match in Warszawa NatS, closing match in Kiev's Olympic Stadium.
Other negative reactions (besides distance and political commotion in Ukraine) are on the Polish history of corruption, the disappointment of Italy because they claim their bid was the best (???), the frustration of the Croatian football president that they didn't get it for the 5th (!!!) time, while Pol/Ukr made a bid for the 1st time and that maybe they should say on beforehand who will be advantaged...

Last edited by Chimaera; April 18th, 2007 at 05:09 PM.
Chimaera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #446
michał_

Yes, neither the ugly Wroclaw igloo, nor the very primary design shown below aren't final.

The first one is the Euro stadium (45k) and is a veeeeeeery initial (thank God!) vision of redevelopment of this venue:

It is historical so there are many constraints...

The second one is supposed to be built next to a main road, far from the centre, next to a huge mall/conference complex. Waiting for clear plans and investors
Also, very initial just showing how it would approximatly be situated.
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #447
michał_

True guys. As much as it's hard for me to be sad today (I'm Polish after all) I must say that the vote was a shocker. 0 votes for your bid?! I cannot understand it after all the good opinions you've been taking from UEFA since last years II phase commencement!
Don't give up though, there's still a lot ahead of you!
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #448
Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by michał_ View Post
True guys. As much as it's hard for me to be sad today (I'm Polish after all) I must say that the vote was a shocker. 0 votes for your bid?! I cannot understand it after all the good opinions you've been taking from UEFA since last years II phase commencement!
0 votes??? This must leave a very bitter aftertaste... I feel angry in their place, I would wanna shove my middlefinger in their face or somewhere else I think. It all looks very disrespectful towards Croatia and Hungary, even more considering it's their 4th time and only the first for Ukraine and Poland. Like they are trying to say: "DOn't you get it losers, you're never going to get it, quit trying!"
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #449
DemoNeo

Quote:
Current state of the stadium in Krakow- two stands behind the goals are already standing
Like in Poznan:

Last edited by DemoNeo; October 10th, 2011 at 12:23 AM.
DemoNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM   #450
Chimaera

Quote:
0 votes??? This must leave a very bitter aftertaste... I feel angry in their place, I would wanna shove my middlefinger in their face or somewhere else I think. It all looks very disrespectful towards Croatia and Hungary, even more considering it's their 4th time and only the first for Ukraine and Poland. Like they are trying to say: "Don't you get it losers, you're never going to get it, quit trying!" Like holding candy in front of a child and asking "you want it? you want it?" and then giving it to a passerby.
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #451
SpikeMike
DA/3CT/PL/EU

Fan-bleeding-tastic news

My City will at last get a proper stadium!!!

Gdańsk - Baltic Arena

SpikeMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #452
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5029

I already opened thrads about Dnipropetrovsk and Donetsk stadiums u/c here, they are both nearing completion. I will soon open the thread for a new Lvivian stadium and the reconstruction of the Kyiv's Olympic Stadium.

Old April 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #453
belatz

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMike View Post
Fan-bleeding-tastic news

My City will at last get a proper stadium!!!

Gdańsk - Baltic Arena

Congratulations for the Euro 2.012 and beautiful stadium, one of my favourites.

Last edited by belatz; April 18th, 2007 at 06:54 PM.
belatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #454
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

SOOOOO awesome
!!!
Baltic arena has been a favourite of mine for ages.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #455
kinggeorge

these are nice, im not sure if i like them better then the cro-hungary ones but still very nice stadiums, the stadiums are big i hope these countries will put them to good use after euro,
kinggeorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #456
Chimaera

I was charmed by the Gdansk stadium from the moment I saw the renderings. Especially from the outside: very original use of material.

As for Ukraine (and not connected to Euro 2012): wasn't Металург Донецьк (or Metaloerh Donetsk ) going to build a new stadium as well?

Edit: looking at the information at wikipedia, it looks like that team has a link to Belgium: Mendoza, Touré, Ne, Lembi, Mitu, Bance have all played in the Belgian league, and Muslin is coaching here for the second time now. Also, what a coincidence: on the UEFA ranking they're just behind Beveren... the club were Ne and Touré, both from Ivory Coast, played before. And if I'm right, Jos Daerden, also Belgian, is assistant-coach. His son Koen is playing for my team since last summer and was the most expensive player to be transfered between Belgian clubs ever (4,000,000 euros). To conclude: Ukraine is also just behind Belgium on the country ranking

Edit2: looks like Daerden is not assistant-coach anymore, since Adriaense took his personal assistant-coaches along. Maybe he has another function in the club...

Sorry for taking this a bit off topic.

Last edited by Chimaera; April 18th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #457
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9058

You are talking about Hungary, and not Croatia... PLEASE DO NOT GENERALIZE!!! Otherwise you prove your total incompetency... Hungarian failure is not the same as the Croatian one! Croatia was bidding for the first time, not like our coutry which lost three (So not four. But anyway it doesn't matter.) times in a row... I wish more luck for our Croatian friends... I hope You guys don't have a grudge against us...
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #458
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9058

BTW:

Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #459
Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
You are talking about Hungary, and not Croatia... PLEASE DO NOT GENERALIZE!!! Otherwise you prove your total incompetency... Hungarian failure is not the same as the Croatian one! Croatia was bidding for the first time, not like our coutry which lost three (So not four. But anyway it doesn't matter.) times in a row... I wish more luck for our Croatian friends... I hope You guys don't have a grudge against us...
My post was inspired by a quotation of the president of the Croatian Football Federation, so the information was incorrect, don't blame me.
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #460
Bahnsteig4

Likes (Received): 93

Congrats!

Austrian Forum - Support our Skybar!

Yes, for ****'s sake, all pictures I post were TAKEN BY ME
Bahnsteig4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums