daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 20th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #481
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv123 View Post
deserved winner? its a joke. i cant see how can they manage a European championship

so You must go to the ophthalmologist.
Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #482
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

Baltic Arena - Gdańsk
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #483
erteel

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv123 View Post
deserved winner? its a joke. i cant see how can they manage a European championship

maybe some constructive arguments?
Don't vent your frustration only that Hungary didn't win.
erteel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #484
erteel

and here: http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,80056,4076666.html is, in big short, film from final Polish and Ukrainian presentation
erteel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #485
michał_

Likes (Received): 71

Vice president of Krakow said they will improve the design of Wisla Stadium to make it competetive with others. It won't be comparable to Baltic Arena by any means, but still should be better. However, the same guy is supposed to improve it, that made the first project, so that doesn't sound too good. Yet- the city will have to try and do something or else the fans will never forget this...
PS: The renders of Krakow here are very poor, in real life it looks significantly better /far from great though.../
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #486
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5448

Interesting to read in the press that the designated stadiums for the opening and final may switch.

Apparently UEFA may want to switch them about depending on what they feel would be best for fans. So the final could be played potentially in the 70 000 seat new Warsaw National Stadium (the swoopy black one) as it's in a more centralized location and easier to get to.

From a fan's point of view I could see that would be more convenient for a lot of people.

In either case, will be a great tournament no doubt.

Last edited by Locke; April 20th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #487
budapest7

"CONVERSIONS or HYPOCRISY?????"

Michel Platini and Ferenc Puskas (Budapest, 15 August 2001)

2006 November

French soccer legend Michel Platini, President of the Spanish Football Federation and UEFA Vice President Angel Maria Villar, President of the Hungarian Football Federation Istvan Kisteleki and President of the Federation of International Football Association, FIFA, Sepp Blatter (L-R) attend the funeral service of legendary soccer player of Budapest Honved and Real Madrid Ferenc Puskas in St. Stephen Basilica in Budapest, Hungary, Saturday, 09 December 2006. Puskas, a leading member of the so-called Golden Team, the Hungarian national eleven of the 1950s, died after a long and serious illness at the age of 79 on 17 November in Budapest.

[IMG]http://cache.***********.com/xc/72785048.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=8AF8AF6A335E5B085BCE1226E849E29C[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cache.***********.com/xc/72785442.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=8AF8AF6A335E5B08B360B70FAFF437BC[/IMG]

2007 April

2006 November

Standing behind the coffin covered with a Hungarian flag, President of the Federation of International Football Association, FIFA, Sepp Blatter speaks during the funeral service of legendary soccer player of Budapest Honved and Real Madrid Ferenc Puskas in St. Stephen Basilica in Budapest, Hungary, Saturday, 09 December 2006.

2007 March

"I hope that the (European) championship will be held here in Ukraine," Blatter told a news conference in Kiev on Saturday during his one-day visit to the former Soviet republic.
budapest7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #488
mrk

don't be so paranoid budapest7
mrk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #489
Gecko1989

Likes (Received): 1

Hey from what I can see Wisla Krakow is like one of the most succesful clubs in polish history yet its stadium is really small and not very architucally amazing. While the Blatic arena was created for a city that doesnt even have a soccer team. Also poland has like 3 other stadiums that dont have any permanant resident clubs in them (I may be wrong because I am not polish so if I am please correct me ). But can someone please tell me why wisla is not getting a better stadium.?
Gecko1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #490
polskadan

Likes (Received): 151

Funding...but had they started construction after knowing that we won the bid for euro 2012 the stadium would have been completely different.....

O and Gdansk does have a team, its called Lechia Gdansk, and we are in II league, but soon enough we will be in the Ekstraklasa
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #491
Gecko1989

Likes (Received): 1

cool thanx man for helping me out much respect
Gecko1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #492
The Concerned Potato
Desperate for a Wii

reminds me of London's Olympic plans!
Old April 21st, 2007, 02:17 PM   #493
V4V

In all honesty that collection of stadiums is pretty much good enough to host a World Cup...
V4V no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM   #494
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5029

Ukraine and Poland will then host World Cup, some time after Euro championship
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:29 AM   #495
Van der Rohe
mies fan

Likes (Received): 221

don't worry, we'll do it
Van der Rohe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:38 AM   #496
Van der Rohe
mies fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop20 View Post
I keep wondering why Poland needed Ukraine for the bid though? Seems they have some real good planned or u/c stadiums! Two new stadiums in Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Chrorzow, Poznan, Krakow... Maybe one in Lodz, and you would've had 8 stadiums, enough to organize euro2012!
Wouldve made things easier, plus the infrastructure is generaly in a better state in Poland than in Ukraine, and travelling distances would have been smaller! I mean, check this picture out:

But, it is ofcourse great that Ukraine is going to co-host euro 2012, I hope it will be a driver for economic development there!
Well, in fact, each of those two countries is big enough to organize the Euro by itself. But maybe it was the cooperation between them that was the final argument that helped in getting the Euro 2012?
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:48 AM   #497
Van der Rohe
mies fan

There are talks going on with UEFA to change the number of stadiums from 8 to 12 (6 in each country).
Portugal (10mln people) was allowed to hold the Euro on 10 stadiums instead of 8. Poland and Ukraine are far bigger countries, so there is chance that UEFA allows to raise the number of stadiums. The additional cities will be Cracow and Chorzow in Poland, and Odessa and Kharkiv in Ukraine.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 02:24 AM   #498
salo_gonzalez

unfortunally Portugal put 10 stadiums in EURO 2004....too many stadiums for the dimension not only the country but also of some clubs that play in those stadiums...many empty chairs,public funds wasted...hope the crowds of Ukraine and Poland, as larger coutries, fully enjoy the 12 stadiums
salo_gonzalez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:02 AM   #499
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5029

It's already announced in Ukrainian press that Kharkiv will soon start construction on it's new 40k+ stadium.

Also, it's been decided that instead of using the old Olympic stadium in Kyiv, which was to be renovated, an entirely new one will be built, to match and even exceed Donetsks stadium
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:27 AM   #500
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5448

Wow, well that makes an awesome set of stadiums for this tournament even better. I mean all up between the two countries that will be a stack of world class new stadiums, which in turn will only benefit the domestic leagues which till now have had to make do.

I like the 6 stadium per country idea and think it will draw big crowds since I believe some cities like Krakow were upset they missed out. Shame they can't get 24 teams in for Euro 2012 already because there is capacity for it.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums