daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:19 PM   #821
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

02.07.2009r.

Warsaw

Poznan

Wroclaw

Gdansk

+ Cracow

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM   #822
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Thanks for the updates.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM   #823
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

UKRAINE OUT ??

Foot - Euro 2012
L'Ukraine écartée ?

Michel Platini n'exclut plus de priver l'Ukraine de l'Euro 2012, une compétition que ce pays doit normalement coorganiser avec la Pologne. C'est ce qui transparaît des propos du président de l'UEFA à L'Equipe, jeudi.

«On a une décision à prendre début décembre, lors de notre comité exécutif à Madère, dit Platini. Décembre est la dernière échéance. On joue avec le temps, mais, à un moment, on n'aura plus le temps. Au fil des jours, on se rapproche du mur.» Et si on rentre dedans ? «Si on ne va pas en Ukraine, il faudra trouver deux autres stades (quatre sont prévus en Pologne). On verra ce qui se présentera.» Interrogé par L'Equipe sur l'hypothèse d'un ticket Leipzig-Berlin, comme l'avait proposé la Fédération allemande, Platini répond : «C'est une option"

Translation--> Platini doesn't exclude the option to retire organisation to Ukraine and give it to Germany ( Berlin and Leipzig)!!!
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM   #824
vanbasten

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
UKRAINE OUT ??

Foot - Euro 2012
L'Ukraine écartée ?

Michel Platini n'exclut plus de priver l'Ukraine de l'Euro 2012, une compétition que ce pays doit normalement coorganiser avec la Pologne. C'est ce qui transparaît des propos du président de l'UEFA à L'Equipe, jeudi.

«On a une décision à prendre début décembre, lors de notre comité exécutif à Madère, dit Platini. Décembre est la dernière échéance. On joue avec le temps, mais, à un moment, on n'aura plus le temps. Au fil des jours, on se rapproche du mur.» Et si on rentre dedans ? «Si on ne va pas en Ukraine, il faudra trouver deux autres stades (quatre sont prévus en Pologne). On verra ce qui se présentera.» Interrogé par L'Equipe sur l'hypothèse d'un ticket Leipzig-Berlin, comme l'avait proposé la Fédération allemande, Platini répond : «C'est une option"

Translation--> Platini doesn't exclude the option to retire organisation to Ukraine and give it to Germany ( Berlin and Leipzig)!!!
Not tired, stool pigeon (provocateur)?
vanbasten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM   #825
Ukraine

Likes (Received): 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
UKRAINE OUT ??

Foot - Euro 2012
L'Ukraine écartée ?

I didnt get y platini criticises Ukraine because of its infrastructure problems....Poland isnt that different from Ukraine on this subject afterall...... + We have more done stadiums then Poland does ( I dont wanna offend any Polish readers, im just pissed at Platini for sayin such bullshit) AND WHY ALEXFERIS YOU TELL US THAT!!!! WERE TALKING ABOUT THE DONBAS STADIUM NOT THE POSSIBILITY TO GIVE EURO 2012 TO GERMANY!!!!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM   #826
kartezjo

Likes (Received): 0

I believe that Ukrainians will do their job properly in preparing the tournament in their country. I think the worst possible scenario is that Ukraine will have less cities organising the tournament, so in my opinion scenario Poland-Germany is unrealistic... come on Poland-Germany? Looking at history of relations between both this idea is really awkward and Poland could possibly organise the tournament alone (6 stadiums above 30k are needed to organise EURO, Poland to 2012 will have 7-8 stadiums above 30k) if something would get wrong in Ukraine, but I really doubt it and I think that Ukraine will be able to normally organise the tournament in 2012...
kartezjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM   #827
Virgileq

Likes (Received): 8744

Situation of Poland is that different from Ukraine. I'm not going to glorify Poland, but:

1. UE accession gave a lot money for infrastructure (billions euro). EU funds are calculated in euro so when polish zloty suffered to nose-dive in practice EU funds grown up.
2. Luckily (I suppose nobody knows why) Poland has positive P.N.B growth, highest of whole EU (non-season).
3. Poland has EU standard law especially with Public Contracts Law - and it means that chance of corruption during bidding of huge contracts is around zero.
4. And finally: World crisis made stadiums and infrastructure costs relatively cheap.

As U can see Poland (as I've written above) has a LOT OF LUCK because world crisis helped Poland to boost infrastructure up.
Virgileq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM   #828
Van der Rohe
mies fan

Likes (Received): 221

I'm afraid the thing is about airports and luxury hotels - UEFA doesn't care so much about the infrastructure for football fans, but for the so called "UEFA family"

but I'm optimistic - both countries are doing a lot of good work
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM   #829
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by melion View Post
Anyway UEFA will probably choose only Kiev in Ukraine because till 30th november I doubt those other cities will have new hotels, roads, airports etc.
What about Donetzk? They already have practically constructed great stadium. Can you write problems of Donetzk - airport, hotels,..? It will be a disgrace for Ukraine to build great stadium but not to build enough infrastructure...
poxuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM   #830
Bogus Law

Likes (Received): 1

There's one question that's haunting me ever since I've heard about that UEFA decision: if Lviv, Kharkiv and Donetsk fail to make satisfactory improvement in their preparations by Nov 2009, EURO will be held in 4 Polish and only 2 Ukrainian cities. Do you think that 6 cities is really enough to hold the tournament, bearing in mind that there are as much as 16 participating teams?

If so, (there are actually two questions) what would be the way of distributing matches between the two hosting nations? I mean, last year in Austria & Switzerland it was very straight and clear (in a truly Germanic manner - each country hosted 2 groups of 4 teams in 4 cities, and the matches of each group were played in 2 cities. Is it still possible in case if only two Ukrainian cities would be granted hosting rights, the Ukraine would host 2 groups with 7 teams + their own?

Of course these are only hypothetical questions and I keep on keeping my fingers crossed for our neighbours and I hope them to be ready on time
Bogus Law no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:38 PM   #831
Inferious

ukraine can do it
Inferious no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM   #832
jacek_nl
Stanisław z Łodzi

Even if some stadiums are now completed, or will soon be completed, who in Ukraine will pay for decent roads? Hotels? Airports? Training centres? In many places even projects are non-existent... And the latest (very modest for the needs) government subsidy will not change much I'm afraid. You've got to be realistic, mate: Ukraine can't afford euro 2012 and it becomes more and more obvious every single day.

I would not be surprised if UEFA announced withdrawing from Ukraine sooner than November. And you better get used to it, to avoid disapointment...

Sorry for bringing you down, but being realistic is is all in all better than fooling yourself. IMHO .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
I just cant wait to see one of the Euro stadiums in Poland ready. In Ukraine we already have 3 almost ready stadiums and it looks good. Can't wait to see the one's in Poland

Last edited by jacek_nl; July 3rd, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
jacek_nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #833
dacrio

the mistake was done in cardiff.
why uefa assigned euro2012 to poland and ukraine and not to italy?!?!?

Last edited by dacrio; July 6th, 2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: 2012...
dacrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #834
igorlan
אני חושב, משמע אני קיים

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrio View Post
the mistake was done in cardiff.
why uefa assigned euro2016 to poland and ukraine and not to italy?!?!?
not 2016 but 2012

Italy has already good enough stadiums and other infrastructure (highways, airports, railway, etc). The reason why UEFA has chosen PL & UA was to give these countries a chance to equalize their infrastructural level with more developed countries. So far Poland is coping with the homework unlike Ukraine that has some backlog.
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #835
igorlan
אני חושב, משמע אני קיים

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
.....but what im saying is that i would really like to see at least one of the stadiums in Poland completed.
No offence NMAISTER007, but I can smell here a bit of sarcasm in your post like you would not belive that we're capable of completing any stadium for EURO. If you honestly didn't mean that, then forgive my suspicion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracovia View Post
they are twats...
..and this is verbal assault...
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #836
HAL 9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrio View Post
why uefa assigned euro2016 to poland and ukraine and not to italy?!?!?
Przez Gate Tower (jeden z 16 biurowców w Fukushima w Osace w Japonii), przebiega autostrada. Droga przechodzi między 5 a 7 piętrem tego budynku. Autostrada jest częścią Kobe Expressway, sieci (239.3 km) dróg ekspresowych wokół Osaki, Kobe i Kyoto.
HAL 9010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #837
michał_

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorlan View Post
not 2016 but 2012Italy has already good enough stadiums and other infrastructure (highways, airports, railway, etc). The reason why UEFA has chosen PL & UA was to give these countries a chance to equalize their infrastructural level with more developed countries. So far Poland is coping with the homework unlike Ukraine that has some backlog.
No, actually Italy hasn't got good enough stadiums - vast majority needs drastic improvements and the projects of new ones cannot be finalised for years. And ironically, in 3 years yime, as hard as it is to believe even to me writing it - Poland will have better stadiums than Italy. And I certainly don't mean only the 4 (+2) Euro stadiums, but also brand new high class venues in Krakow, Warsaw, Bialystok or Zabrze - to start with. Hypotheticaly Poland might easily do the 8-stadium tournament alone by 2012 - something noone would believe before Cardiff. The six Euro stadiums started a boom - now every city feels the need to finally invest in sports infrastructure. I've counted around 30 stadiums to be built. Construction on 7 is ongoing, 3-4 more should join them just this year.

But of course I'm not claiming Poland should take Ukraine's share. We're still on plan, so mr Platini, shove German stadium-option up your... whatever you like. (with all due respect for Germany...)

edit: Thanks Luke

Last edited by michał_; July 4th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:13 AM   #838
michał_

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolm View Post
what's with the hostility? nmaister wasn't attacking poland's progress... he was just expressing his excitement for the construction. he's just looking forward to seeing the stadiums built and you guys seem to think it was some sort of attack. we are all excited about the future. it's a good moment for both countries. i wish it could be 2011 already!
Krolm - it's hard not to understand them. NNMAISTER007 keeps on repeating the "we've got so many you've got nothing" phrase for a few weeks, despite being aware of the differences between financing and procedures, which are huge. That's not polite by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorlan View Post
No offence NMAISTER007, but I can smell here a bit of sarcasm in your post like you would not belive that we're capable of completing any stadium for EURO. If you honestly didn't mean that, then forgive my suspicion
Oh, he did He repeats it every day. A few times
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #839
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Likes (Received): 4

Im not being rude, im saying that im really happy that Poland have really started to work on the stadiums Yea i know that the infrastructure in Ukraine is bad and i really want them to work more on it. I do agree that Ukraine have major issue's, but we are working on it, its just its growing slowly :S

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #840
Lucky Luke

Likes (Received): 1523

I hope you will make it on time.

Michał - you forgot about new Legia stadium in Warsaw

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums