daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #841
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 11,151
Likes (Received): 2210

i'm sorry but UEFA competition is also a way to generate cash flow(tourism, merchandising..) and if Ukraine doesn't have enough infrastructures it will be a fail for UEFA organisation!

I'm sorry but i think it is the last time that such proposal being accepted by UEFA! 2016 go back to "Big nations" (espana, france , Italy)

Sorry My ukrainians buddies but it smells bad for november
__________________
W.A.O blog
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #842
michał_
Registered User
 
michał_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Krk | Stw
Posts: 1,634
Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
i'm sorry but UEFA competition is also a way to generate cash flow(tourism, merchandising..) and if Ukraine doesn't have enough infrastructures it will be a fail for UEFA organisation!

I'm sorry but i think it is the last time that such proposal being accepted by UEFA! 2016 go back to "Big nations" (espana, france , Italy)

Sorry My ukrainians buddies but it smells bad for november
My naive way of thinking made me think that it's about making football stronger in more countries than previously to make the level higher in those countries and at the same time increase the cashflow in the long run, not just for two weeks. And honestly I don't think UEFA would earn less leaving it in Ukraine, on the contrary. In years to come they would still be benefitiing from letting Ukraine host it.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #843
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,433
Likes (Received): 5445

If need be, Poland can host the tourney on it's own, indeed cities like Krakow (which was not chosen to host a game) have continued their preparations in case they would be needed (suggested stadia from the Polish section):
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #844
renco
Grad heroj
 
renco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Zagreb/Agram
Posts: 6,059
Likes (Received): 478

One more and you could host it alone ;D
renco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #845
Jasse James
BANNED
 
Jasse James's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Київ/Kyiv
Posts: 3,601
Likes (Received): 3642

Quote:
Originally Posted by renco View Post
One more and you could host it alone ;D
And play on renders? How many have building already?
Jasse James no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #846
Sponsor
Registered User
 
Sponsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Poznań
Posts: 8,563

^ 6 of those are being built right now (Chorzów is gonna be U/C by the end of the year or next spring).

Kielce stadium for 15k could be temporary expanded twice the size like it was in Klagenfurt or Innsbruck. Could be problems with accomodation though.
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #847
JeV
Registered User
 
JeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 4,048
Likes (Received): 224

Cranes Nest in Warsaw finds its new habitants





and BONUS by vrg ;-)

JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #848
don.lpz
WRO
 
don.lpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by renco View Post
One more and you could host it alone ;D
It can be done, with six cities. No one pointed that it should be eight stadiums.
don.lpz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #849
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,433
Likes (Received): 5445

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.lpz View Post
It can be done, with six cities. No one pointed that it should be eight stadiums.
Yep, 6 is the minimum so you got 7 there and I'm sure you could rustle up an 8th if need be.

Obviously it's a co-host arrangement so you have to give Ukraine every chance to meet their obligations but if they for whatever reason are not able to do it then certainly there is a built in contingency to hold the whole thing in Poland. At the end of the day it's been pretty clear for a while that Poland could have hosted thing thing on it's own if need be.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #850
Bogus Law
Registered User
 
Bogus Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Białystok, Polska
Posts: 136
Likes (Received): 1

As I've already said, I have some doubts about 6 stadia being enough. I'm not an expert but I guess it's hard to keep the pitch in a proper condition if the matches are played too frequently on the same stadium.

Anyway, I don't understand why people keep suggesting that we CAN host EURO on our own as if we actually DIDN'T WANT Ukrainians to host it with us. IMO it's offensive and simply rude to them, considering that it was Ukraine who came out with the whole idea of bidding for the tournament and they did most of the lobbying job. We just MUST make it together even if Platini was to decide that there would be only one Ukrainian city in it (which I personally don't believe).
Bogus Law no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #851
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,433
Likes (Received): 5445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus Law View Post
As I've already said, I have some doubts about 6 stadia being enough. I'm not an expert but I guess it's hard to keep the pitch in a proper condition if the matches are played too frequently on the same stadium.

Anyway, I don't understand why people keep suggesting that we CAN host EURO on our own as if we actually DIDN'T WANT Ukrainians to host it with us. IMO it's offensive and simply rude to them, considering that it was Ukraine who came out with the whole idea of bidding for the tournament and they did most of the lobbying job. We just MUST make it together even if Platini was to decide that there would be only one Ukrainian city in it (which I personally don't believe).
So what are you going to do if in a few months the Ukraine is not ready still? At some point you gotta put a line under it. I'm not talking stadia cos that is the easy bit, the infrastructure is where the real work lies. No one denies the fantastic effort Ukraine put in lobbying nor wishes them ill but if the country is in financial trouble then you can't bury your head in the sand, I mean pride can make a small mess a big mess, 2012 is coming up fast, sooner or later you better start planning contingencies.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #852
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 11,151
Likes (Received): 2210

Poland could host it alone! projects are far better than ukraine ones
__________________
W.A.O blog
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #853
Ukraine
Registered User
 
Ukraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary & Kyiv & Toronto & Montreal
Posts: 696
Likes (Received): 505

__________________
Ватник Hunter

Last edited by Ukraine; July 6th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
Ukraine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #854
JeV
Registered User
 
JeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 4,048
Likes (Received): 224

Locke, would you update first post in this topic with current stadiums ?
JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #855
Ukraine
Registered User
 
Ukraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary & Kyiv & Toronto & Montreal
Posts: 696
Likes (Received): 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by melion View Post
actually Ukraine's infrastructure is on the level of Polish in 60's, it can't be even compared because the gap is so huge. Anyway UEFA will probably choose only Kiev in Ukraine because till 30th november I doubt those other cities will have new hotels, roads, airports etc.
and where do you get this information??? You actually want to make me believe that ukraine is such an underdevelopped country that its roads were compared to the roads of poland in the 60s!!!!. Like seriously you guys i keep reading some posts that are demining,stupid and pointless. just go to the ukrainian forum and look by yourself..
__________________
Ватник Hunter
Ukraine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #856
JeV
Registered User
 
JeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Warszawa
Posts: 4,048
Likes (Received): 224

You should both stop non-argumentative chat-chat.

www.ukrstat.gov.ua & www.stat.gov.pl gave me possibilty to compare only two numbers but they meaning is open for discussion. It's density of hard coated roads per 100km2 for 02' and 07'.

2002 PL 80km/100km2
2002 UA 27,2km/100km2

2007 PL 82,8km/100km2 (+3.5% growth)
2007 UA 27,4km/100km2 (+0.7% growth)


I keep my finger crossed for Ukraine. Hopefully we are going to organize Euro2012 fifty fifty.
JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #857
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
 
NMAISTER007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kyiv
Posts: 1,653
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Poland could host it alone! projects are far better than ukraine ones
Dude stop criticizing Ukraine!!!! So what if the projects are better, our stadiums are BIGGER. And Ukraine have been working hard on their infrastructure. We will be ready to show UEFA that Ukraine have been working hard to do all they can. You haven't even been in Ukraine so stop criticizing us!!!!
__________________
█████████
█████████
EURO 2012- POLAND AND UKRAINE

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #858
kartezjo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 41
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
So what if the projects are better, our stadiums are BIGGER.
I don't agree with Axelferis (or any other guy) criticising Ukrainian preparations and stadiums, but I also don't agree that Ukrainian stadiums are bigger... or at least it isn't so obvious and clear.

Stadium capacity of Euro Stadiums (from the biggest to the smallest):
- Kiev Olimpic Stadium (69,004) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Warsaw National Stadium (55,920) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Chorzów Silesian Stadium (55,211) - POLAND, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Donetsk Shakhtar Stadium (51,371) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Poznan Municipal Stadium (45,830) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Wrocław Municipal Stadium (44,000) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Gdansk Baltic Arena (44,000) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Kharkiv Metalist Stadium (41,411) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY previously RESERVE CITY
- Odessa Prokopenko Stadium (34,858) - UKRAINE, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Krakow Wisla Stadium (33,680) - POLAND, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Lviv Stadion Ukrayina (33,500) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Dnipro Stadium (31,003) - UKRAINE, EX-HOST CITY


ps. Hope I didn't made any mistake.

Last edited by kartezjo; July 6th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
kartezjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #859
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
 
NMAISTER007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kyiv
Posts: 1,653
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartezjo View Post
I don't agree with Axelferis (or any other guy) criticising Ukrainian preparations and stadiums, but I also don't agree that Ukrainian stadiums are bigger... or at least it isn't so obvious and clear.

Stadium capacity of Euro Stadiums (from the biggest to the smallest):
- Kiev Olimpic Stadium (69,004) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Warsaw National Stadium (55,920) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Chorzów Silesian Stadium (55,211) - POLAND, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Donetsk Shakhtar Stadium (51,371) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Poznan Municipal Stadium (45,830) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Wrocław Municipal Stadium (44,000) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Gdansk Baltic Arena (44,000) - POLAND, HOST CITY
- Kharkiv Metalist Stadium (41,411) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY previously RESERVE CITY
- Odessa Prokopenko Stadium (34,858) - UKRAINE, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Krakow Wisla Stadium (33,680) - POLAND, EX-RESERVE CITY
- Lviv Stadion Ukrayina (33,500) - UKRAINE, HOST CITY
- Dnipro Stadium (31,003) - UKRAINE, EX-HOST CITY


ps. Hope I didn't made any mistake.

Nope, the capacities look about right
__________________
█████████
█████████
EURO 2012- POLAND AND UKRAINE

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #860
don.lpz
WRO
 
don.lpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 0

I believe that euro2012 will be organized with Ukraine with at least one/two hosts.
Problems is, that we hit in world crisis time with our preparations like infrastructure for this event, and in Ukraine it will be more difficult then in Poland, to start and end with everything around euro.

You shouldn't be angry. Even your president of Football Federation of Ukraine, Hryhoriy Surkis is not that optimistic as he was for ex. one year ago.
It's all about to you now. Because words from other sides, that Ukraine will not handle it, will sound till UEFA say final word.
don.lpz no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu