daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #861
marchew1211

Likes (Received): 8

new photos from POZNAN http://budowa.maroonpoint.com/
marchew1211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #862
Van der Rohe
mies fan

Likes (Received): 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.lpz View Post
I believe that euro2012 will be organized with Ukraine with at least one/two hosts.
Problems is, that we hit in world crisis time with our preparations like infrastructure for this event, and in Ukraine it will be more difficult then in Poland, to start and end with everything around euro.

You shouldn't be angry. Even your president of Football Federation of Ukraine, Hryhoriy Surkis is not that optimistic as he was for ex. one year ago.
It's all about to you now. Because words from other sides, that Ukraine will not handle it, will sound till UEFA say final word.
Euro2012 must be held on 8 stadiums, 4 in Poland and another 4 in Ukraine! I don't see it any other way.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #863
smuthny

Likes (Received): 1

I can't imagine situation when a country who came with idea and (as someone above said) done the most lobbing job is beeing cancelled from the tournament... as a pole I would not feel good about this.. so... fingers crossed for Ukraine..
smuthny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #864
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

All this argues about number of cities are senseless. Just wait december. Now we don't have enough information to talk straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
Dude stop criticizing Ukraine!!!! ... stop criticizing us!!!!
LOL. As I see it's normal for you to criticize (in fact, just to blackmail without any arguments) other countries (you know what exactly), but it's terrible!!!!1111elevenone when someone criticizing your country, using at least some info? You must re-think your vision, kid.

Better write problems of Ukrainian hosts by every parameter: infrastructure, hotels, airport,...
poxuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:48 AM   #865
scorpius111
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Hi. I think Poland should organize euro2012 without ukraine. Let's face the facts: it's very, very poor country (GDP is lower even than romanian!!! - they've got about 170 bill.$ when romania's got about 200 bill.$ and it's 2 times smaller country than ukraine!....btw Poland's GDP is about 650 bill.$ - so it's beyond any kind of comparison..), becouse of poverty they have no infrastruckture on the level that we consider to be "a european standard" I mean roads, hotels(there are cities where people have no access to running water.....), airports etc. I think they need at least 50 years to be able to make up for that backwardness. When I read this forum I often see they write that they are going to have stadiums - ok, but who pays for them? Your government? No - the few who's got connections with mafia and in consequence a big money. They can give money for stadium, but to build the other stuff you needa thousands of them. I think Poland will organize euro2012 alone or with Germany (but personally I'd prefer Chech republic or Slovakia.) cheers!
scorpius111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #866
Inferious

Ukraine was under Soviet control for 70 years if thats why its a little behind. In november platini will not choose germany or any other country. It will be Ukraine and Poland. 4 cities in both countries. And how do you know where the people who supply the money to build the stadium get their money from the mafia or not. thing is you wouldnt
Inferious no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:04 AM   #867
smuthny

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpius111 View Post
Hi. I think Poland should organize euro2012 without ukraine. Let's face the facts: it's very, very poor country (GDP is lower even than romanian!!! - they've got about 170 bill.$ when romania's got about 200 bill.$ and it's 2 times smaller country than ukraine!....btw Poland's GDP is about 650 bill.$ - so it's beyond any kind of comparison..), becouse of poverty they have no infrastruckture on the level that we consider to be "a european standard" I mean roads, hotels(there are cities where people have no access to running water.....), airports etc. I think they need at least 50 years to be able to make up for that backwardness. When I read this forum I often see they write that they are going to have stadiums - ok, but who pays for them? Your government? No - the few who's got connections with mafia and in consequence a big money. They can give money for stadium, but to build the other stuff you needa thousands of them. I think Poland will organize euro2012 alone or with Germany (but personally I'd prefer Chech republic or Slovakia.) cheers!

so f**** what ?! it well be a nice "performance" Peaople from west are going to see some "artistic mess" an some "folklore" Are you not bored of western countries hosting it ? (I'm serious... leave Ukraine and let them do their job)

Last edited by smuthny; July 7th, 2009 at 04:17 AM.
smuthny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #868
scorpius111
BANNED

I don't think its an important fact that they were under soviet control. Nobody will give a slightest attention to that fact becouse if you want to organize such a huge competition you have to be sure that you'll handle it. They have just miscalculated their abilities. And its the point. Now Poland must do everything to avoid to be tag as a country similar to them.
cheers!
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:53 AM   #869
Inferious

we'll see how it comes out in november.
anyway anybody has updates on any of the stadiums??
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #870
Virgileq

Likes (Received): 8744

All we doing here is just a chat-chat. UEFA is going to make decision not we. If world economic boom were continued, Ukraine would cope in all the long way to host Euro2012 with no issues.

Nobody could predict a world crisis which made Ukraine economy in big trouble. All Poles should have fingers crossed for Ukraine - It's always better to have wealth neighbour than poor. Question isn't if Ukraine can make good tournament (I'm sure)- question is if Ukraine can afford to pay Euro2012 bills in the future.

Virgileq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #871
don.lpz
WRO

In Wroclaw, they started to pour concrete under tribunes

More pics and source:http://www.polskatimes.pl/gazetawroc...tml#material_1
don.lpz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #872
Van der Rohe
mies fan

Likes (Received): 221

Quote:
Hi. I think Poland should organize euro2012 without ukraine.
stop this bullshit! I feel sorry for you... We have won the organisation together with Ukraine and we'll do it together!!!
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #873
michał_

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Hi. I think Poland should organize euro2012 without ukraine.
Wow, thanks for the brightest thought ever. To some people there are matters more important then being tagged as a poor country (as if we ever got rid of that tag!). We can cope, they can cope. All depends on attitude of the deciding committee. If they want, they'll knock out Ukrainian host cities, if they want they can leave them as well. I've been to Lviv and Odessa and have to say these are some of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to with infrastructure not all that far from what we have and also with many more attractions other countries don't have. There's no problem with violence (vide: RSA), there's no problem with unfinished stadiums (vide: RSA), there's no problem with extreme poverty (vide: RSA) or higene (vide: RSA). And yet RSA got to host the World's biggest tournament...

Yes, there are serious infrastructural issues, but if it wasn't for the negative publicity they got, most people wouldn't mind using Ukrainian railways (which are better than Polish, again), their public transport is improving, hotels as well, etc. Of course it has no chance to be perfect, the roads will still be shitty (overall), but if it was to be hosted in countries that are good or very good at infrastructure, neither Ukraine, nor Poland would ever be given the chance. So one thing I would very wish to stop is Poles boasting how very advanced we are compared to Ukraine because our roads will be better, airports better, public transport better, stadiums comparable and railways worse than in Ukraine. It's still a great country that could do it.

And last thing I ever want to hear is Germans co-hosting. Not because I have anything against them, but they didn't even bid and such decision would be harmful to both Ukraine's, Poland's and other bidding countries efforts.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #874
scorpius111
BANNED

Wow! I didnt know that my own opinion would be so controversial(especially among polish users- damn!). I dont know if you guys have an ukrainian descent/roots but for me only the business of my country is the most important thing.I dont give a s**t about ukraine - I just care about Poland and I think it would be better to organize such a huge competition without country that can only disgrace all of our efforts.
cheers!
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #875
kartezjo

Quote:
Wow! I didnt know that my own opinion would be so controversial(especially among polish users- damn!). I dont know if you guys have an ukrainian descent/roots but for me only the business of my country is the most important thing.I dont give a s**t about ukraine - I just care about Poland and I think it would be better to organize such a huge competition without country that can only disgrace all of our efforts.
cheers!
In the interests of Poland is making this tournament together with Ukraine and strengthening democracy and development in our neighbour's country. It's always better to make friends than foes, and giving Ukrainians a reason to hate us and western europe (after when we would take the tournament from them for ourselves) will only tie them more closely to Russia (with which we have quite adverse interests, to be honest). This is my opinion. Besides, without Ukraine, Poland would not even dream about organising the EURO 2012.

We should give Ukraine a chance to organise this tournament and not cross them out before the UEFA official announcement.

ps. Sorry for my english

Last edited by kartezjo; July 7th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
kartezjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #876
nautica17

http://sport.onet.pl/74327.7,1248707...wiadomosc.html

Ukraine Football League being canceled?? Not good.. What do you Ukrainians on here have to say to this. Is this valid?

(Sorry for source being Polish.. couldn't find an English one.)
nautica17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #877
Inferious

http://pressing.net.ua/pressing/menu...orleague/30730
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #878
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van der Rohe View Post
stop this bullshit! I feel sorry for you... We have won the organisation together with Ukraine and we'll do it together!!!
Thanks, this actually does mean a lot to Ukraine. Poland and Ukraine were chosen to host this tournament. I don't want it to be Poland and Germany, or anything like that, just Poland and Ukraine. We will try our best and keep our fingers crossed for the 30th of November.

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #879
ufonut
Atlantyda

Likes (Received): 1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartezjo View Post
In the interests of Poland is making this tournament together with Ukraine and strengthening democracy and development in our neighbour's country. It's always better to make friends than foes, and giving Ukrainians a reason to hate us and western europe (after when we would take the tournament from them for ourselves) will only tie them more closely to Russia (with which we have quite adverse interests, to be honest). This is my opinion. Besides, without Ukraine, Poland would not even dream about organising the EURO 2012.

We should give Ukraine a chance to organise this tournament and not cross them out before the UEFA official announcement.

ps. Sorry for my english
Who is not giving Ukraine a chance to organize it ? Ukraine has been given many extra months to prove itself to the UEFA. It's not Poland's fault that Ukraine has been experiencing a perpetual political chaos for the past few years and now its economy is on the brink on collapse.

I am quite frankly sick and tired of reading about problems in Ukraine. They should finally wake up and get their house in order. The blame falls on their leadership (or lack thereof) and has nothing to do with Poland or Western Europe.

Poland should prepare itself as best it can and be prudent enough to make sure it has more venues in case the tournament is shifted to more Polish cities.

Ultimately UEFA will make a decision, hopefully not a political one awarding games to unprepared cities.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #880
Tomaszz.

OMG read the topic!! Its Poland and Ukraine EURO 2012... not Poland and maybe Ukraine !! UEFA give that tournament to both countries... idea of the tournament went from ukraine (they invited us to co-organization), without Ukraine those tournament woulndt be ever possible! So stop talking s**t! You should thanks them and keep crosed fingers for both, not only complain... Poland will organize it with Ukraine, its not yours decision thank god and this discussions doesnt have any sense! Good luck Ukraine! Hope we will have 4+4 tournament...
Tomaszz. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums