daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 18th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #81
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

do you guys think 115 million euros is not enough for greece to spend?
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #82
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

Well here is the thing..... 2 stadiums are 100% complete and need no work. 4 of the proposed stadiums only need expansion (whether it be adding stands with extra tiers or lowering the pitch and adding stands). The other two new stadiums, will be privately funded up to 20,000 seats, and then the extra will come form the comitee to serve the 30,000 UEFA requirements. So 115 million seems about right, although this is by no means a set figure yet.

Actually, I don't even think the final bid is final, even though officially it "is". If you notice he gives some thing about "substitute" stadiums, by this I think he means, if we can work out deals with both Panathinaikos and PAOK, they will be included, but we cannot garuntee they will be. So IMO I think in the end we will see them and this bid change. All in due time though.....
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:01 AM   #83
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
I never really thought about it, but here are all the stadiums that have hosted and will host a final in a major tournament since 2000 to 2008:

De Kuip (no track) - Euro 2000

Yokohama International Stadium (track) - WC 2002

Da Luz (no track) - Euro 2004

Olympia Stadion (track) - WC 2006

Ernst Happel Stadion (track) - EURO 2008

Christos, UEFA allows only two o f 8 stadiums with track. This situation is different at the WC. However if we looked at EURO 2000, we can see only Bursels stadium with track. For 2004 there was not any sigle track. For 2008 one stadium with track will be used.
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:16 AM   #84
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Okay , I will say my opnion, but I hope some friends don't get angry with me. I think joint bids have no chance. UEFA doesn't look warm anymore. Also both joint bids have some handicapes both in experience and geographical reasons (for transportation)... Azerbaijan and Romania have no chance either.

My favourites are Russia, Turkey, Greece and Italy.

But in those four country, Italy is a little bit diferent than others. Because although she is able to organize such an event, Italy doesn't seem caring so much. They decleared old stadiums once more that these stadiums have been used for WC 1990. Also Italy will host Winter Olympics. So, they don't seem so willing actually, because they don't add a new excitment UEFA wants and needs. This is why UEFA won't care of Italy either.

Greece has oganization experience, also has the complexes UEFA wanted for the candiature. Also Greece is the last European Champion and that means it is a new football country. UEFA can look at them warmly.

Turkey has complexes and organization experience too (maybe you missed the situation but, although Turkey didn't host a big torunement yet, organizated and will host many important sport events and tournements so far). Turkey is a football nation too. And last CL final added some new impression to UEFA. Plus, top men of UEFA support Turkey. Don't forget that vice president of UEFA is a Turk ad some Turks are taking place in the UEFA with some duties. This is an advantage of course, but not guarantee.

Russia is my favourite. Because UEFA knows that Russians can do it very well. Russia spends much money for football. And Russian leangue wants to be one of the important major leagues. And don't forget that CSK took the last UEFA Cup and this shows how serious Russia is. So Russia is a good investigation for football rulers.

However, the one who works better will win. It is important to step forward betwen equals. And for me, one of Greece, Turkey and Russia will win. But the one who works harder.... Nothing is guarantee for those 3 now. Time and thier efforts will show everything....
Old July 19th, 2005, 04:11 AM   #85
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Why Russia?
Moscow-Luzhniki 80.600 ppl.

Moscow- Lokomotiv 30.979 ppl

St. Petersburg-S.M. Kirov 72.000 ppl

Why Greece?
Athens-OAKA 76.000 ppl.

Pireas-Karaiskaki 33.336 ppl.

Heraklion-Pankiritiko 33.240. ppl.

Why Turkey?
Istanbul- Olympic stadium 80.579 ppl.

Istanbul-Fenerbahçe, Şükrü Saracoğlu 50.000 ppl

Izmir- 63.000 ppl
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM   #86
Giorgio

lol i like how you done the Whys like i did in the other thread

Good job at finding the pics.
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #87
Giorgio

My post from Eastern Europe Forums:

I say Greece Italy and Turkey

Why Greece?:
a) Greece has stadiums from the recent Athens Olympics.
b) Greece has the economic capacity to go through with the largest euro
c) Greece has shown with the Athens Games it is fully capable of hosting a major event breaking many records.
d) Greece is a small cosy country in terms of area. It also has a very reliable transport network and road network. It will be extreamly easy for tourists.
e) Greece has the second highest amount of tourists for a bid city. (15 mill a year)
around 10 million tourists are in greece in the july months!
f) Very good bid. Planning to spend hundreads of millions on the stadiums alone.

Why Italy?:
a) Strong economy and many previous usable stadiums.
b) Most visited country in the bids. Attendance wont be a problem.
c) Good bid in process.
d) Adequate transport network

Why Turkey?:
a) Has a few Stadiums
b) Solid Economy
c) large city = many spectators
d) possibly helped by CL Final
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #88
eomer
Bring Constantinople back

Likes (Received): 4647

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
Why Greece?:
a) Greece has stadiums from the recent Athens Olympics.
b) Greece has the economic capacity to go through with the largest euro
c) Greece has shown with the Athens Games it is fully capable of hosting a major event breaking many records.
d) Greece is a small cosy country in terms of area. It also has a very reliable transport network and road network. It will be extreamly easy for tourists.
e) Greece has the second highest amount of tourists for a bid city. (15 mill a year)
around 10 million tourists are in greece in the july months!
f) Very good bid. Planning to spend hundreads of millions on the stadiums alone.
I don't want to hurt you but don't you think that:
- the money spent by Greece (and other EU countries...) for Athens 2004 is enough ?
- Greece should build more motorways and HSR instead of stadiums ?
A l'aube du cinquième jour, regardez vers l'est
eomer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #89
Christos7

We will be spending very little on the stadiums. I believe Portugal spent some 600 million Euros on their stadiums, in comparison we are planning to spend 115 million. Infastructure and Transportation are there (we are/have built motorways) and won't be to much of a problem. All new stadiums will be mainly privately funded by the clubs who will play in them after the tournament.

4 clubs are planning on building new stadiums with or without a Euro, so either way it has no huge effect on public economy.

It really is a win - win situation for us if we get it. We are ready and the situation (some club teams needing new stadiums) is perfect timing.
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #90
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Christos, the same situation is for Turkey too. Both countries need 5 more stadiums, and those stadiums will be used after the torunement. We will see what will happen... The one who works harder will win...
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #91
Jerv

Likes (Received): 1

EUR 115m for Greece to build/upgrade 6 stadiums to European Championship standard? In comparison, 2 stadiums in London currently under construction will cost a combined total in excess of EUR 1500m (1.5 billion Euros). Seems like a bargain.
Jerv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #92
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1047

I hope Poland/Ukraine gets it. I'm probably not going to be alive by the time we finally get the Olympics, so It'd be nice to see something coming to Poland. As much as I like the other candidates like Italy and Greece, they already had their chance to host big gaming events.
Czas na Żywiec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #93
Christos7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerv
EUR 115m for Greece to build/upgrade 6 stadiums to European Championship standard? In comparison, 2 stadiums in London currently under construction will cost a combined total in excess of EUR 1500m (1.5 billion Euros). Seems like a bargain.

I don't know if it is the amount for 4 stadiums or for 6, I know two new ones will be mainly privately funded so I don't know if they are included in this figure, but still what you say is correct.

I remember reading an article though during Euro 2004, Portugal spent 600 million (euro) on 10 new stadiums, 3 of them were 5 star state of the art, while the whole Wembley (1 stadium) is around 800 million (if I am correct). Granted the new Wembley will blow any stadium in this world away, but it's amazing to think about....

Here, I actually found the article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3770309.stm

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #94
Tomesh
insatiable

Likes (Received): 0

I hope Poland and Ukraine get to host the Euro 2012 but i doubt it.
IMO Turkey has the best bid and stadiums but also i think Hungary/Croatia have a very good chance.
Tomesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #95
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomesh
I hope Poland and Ukraine get to host the Euro 2012 but i doubt it.
IMO Turkey has the best bid and stadiums but also i think Hungary/Croatia have a very good chance.
why do you think, Turkey has the best bid?
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #96
Tomesh
insatiable

Likes (Received): 0

1)First of all Turkey is a real football crazy nation and you can never go wrong in such a country.
2)Turkish league is getting better every year meaning that there are probably of all country most private investors that are willing to build amazing stadiums.
3)Turkey is a classical summer destination for europeans and Istanbul a huge city
4)Turkey already has 2 amazing stadiums ( of which 1 is for the final (Ataturk Istanbul)? and many are planned with or without Euro(reasons see point no. 2))
5) Large capacity stadiums are planned
6) Transportation is adequate
7) Its in one country ( since the last Euroe is 2 countries) + Uefa internal connections
Tomesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #97
Falcon83
Valpolicella abuser

Likes (Received): 108

It's cool because every UEFA commissary coming in Italy say we are the favourite to host EURO 2012...but may be they say the same thing in the other countries probably
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #98
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

actually these are planned stadium for the EURO 2012

1. Atatürk Olimpiyat 80.597 (built, aybe expansion to 90.000-100.000)
2. Izmir Atatürk 60.000 (built, maybe a new roof)
3. FB Sükrü Saracoglu 50.484-52.500 (built)
4. New Stadium in Kayeri 40.000
5. New Stadium in Antalya 38.000
6. New Stadium in Ankara 30.000
7. New Stadium in Konya 30.000
8. New Stadium in Bursa 30.000

other projects:
New Stadium of Besiktas 55.000 (proposed)
New Stadium of Galatasaray 52.000-55.000 (proposed)

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:47 AM   #99
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon83
It's cool because every UEFA commissary coming in Italy say we are the favourite to host EURO 2012...but may be they say the same thing in the other countries probably
AS i heard, Italy and Greece are favourites

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #100
Falcon83
Valpolicella abuser

Likes (Received): 108

commissaries are bastard, they go to North Pole and they say "yes North Pole probably will host euro 2012, you have great chances, you are the favourite"...blah blah

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums