daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #1021
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Likes (Received): 4

All of the stadiums will be completed my dear friend, the Dnipro and the Odessa stadiums are just reserve arenas in case something bad happens on another arena only then they will have to use the reserve stadium(s).

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #1022
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Cabinet of Ministers has reduced funding programs to prepare for Euro-2012 to 36 billion USD. However, officials asked not to panic, say, the estimated reduced through exclusion from Dnipropetrovsk and Odessa. The funding, which the government within three years, plans to allocate from the state budget for the preparation for football championship, generally increased by four billion. Decreased only funds that plan to engage with local budgets. Six minus two? Football Federation of Ukraine is not yet officially commented on the decision of the Government. However, in a conversation with the correspondent of «Deutsche Welle» press secretary of the Football Federation of Ukraine (FFU), Sergei Vasiliev said: «Maybe the fact that at the time when the target program, it fihuruvaly six cities, and now have only four. Therefore, the Prime Minister requested in compliance costs, which are planned for all six candidates ».

█████████
█████████
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #1023
Kaeshiya

Likes (Received): 31

Good to know ! I think that some of us , Poles , have forgotten that we organise EURO together !
Kaeshiya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #1024
Inferious

Likes (Received): 0

its good to see odessa still building the stadium even though their not hosting
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:23 AM   #1025
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferious View Post
its good to see odessa still building the stadium even though their not hosting
Dnipropetrovsk also built their stadium and they are not hosting the tournament either.

█████████
█████████
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #1026
Bartek Suchy

Likes (Received): 262

Kraków and Poznań started reconstructing few years ago so it is not recently. It was divided into parts and they started the last part recently. Full stadiums should be ready in one year, sth near summer 2010.

Gdańsk and Wrocław are in the similar position. They have a lot to build but the pace, especially Gdańsk, is very good.

Stadion Narodowy in Warsaw - a lot done, much more to do.

Chorzów - not even started, construction will start in two months I suppose but they don't host EURO so they don't have to hurry.

At this time Ukraine is further in building stadiums but give us a year :
Kraków - done (not the host city)
Poznań - done
Wrocław, Gdańsk, Warszawa- huge progress.
Chorzów - any progress??
Bartek Suchy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #1027
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2568

Don't forget that Euro is not only stadiums, but whole infrastructure which is quite a lot better in Poland than in Ukraine. Only thing PL can be bit afraid of are some of airports and standard of some railway lines.
"A pan myślisz, że chaotyczne kombinacje efemerycznych pryncypiów są w stanie zdeterminować neutralną cywitatywę absolutnego relatywizmu immanentno-transcendentalnej solipsystycznej jaźni? Tak czy nie?! Gadaj pan!!!"
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #1028
Homem
Walking man

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
Don't forget that Euro is not only stadiums, but whole infrastructure which is quite a lot better in Poland than in Ukraine. Only thing PL can be bit afraid of are some of airports and standard of some railway lines.
Heavy rail projects are in the long term (minimum 8-10 years). So we must not expect miracles for Euro 2012 in the long distance railways . Modern trains linking major cities at an average of 120 km / h would be nice . The high speed trains will come later ...
Speaking about airports, I suppose that finally Modlin will not be built for 2012 (or never). Anyway , until next years Frederic Chopin will be enough ( I hope).
But Warszawska Kolej Dojazdowa express rail connection is essential for 2012!
Will M2 be ready for the Euro ?

Marcher debout

"Ali Topu Agop'a at", Hrant Dink.

Rire ensemble de nos différences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwFcSRzO48
Homem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #1029
fgdf
^

Likes (Received): 1

Yes it will be ready. Railway connection is planned to be main option to travel between Poznan and Wroclaw (As they will likely host matches of the same group)
fgdf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #1030
Homem
Walking man

Thanks, what about the airport rail link(WKD) and Modlin ?

Marcher debout

Old August 16th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #1031
and802

Likes (Received): 55

good day collegues,

very interesting thread I must say. I have read all 28 pages of opinion-interchanging and for me it looks that everybody is focused on success, although we all see it in different way. I read here some pessimistic opinions of Polish readers, who doubt Ukraine would be on time. whatever the situation is it it is a shame we (Poles) form our judgements in - sometimes - an unkind way.

anyway I am very curious what Ukrainian people think of "the operational readiness" for the tournament. because independent (not Polish) facts (I mean Mr. Platini) say Ukraine got yellow card. how do you guys find the situation ? do you see it as something you do not deserve ? or rather like that: bloody hell, we are running out of time, go to work. can anybody let me know ?

if I can share my personal opinion with you. Poland or Ukraine would be still on as long as Mr. Platini feels safe on his UEFA chair. if he feels UEFA does not get enough money on a Polish-Ukrainian marriage (a reasonable risk to be taken out of his chair) a new idea will pop up (whatever the idea will be).

last thing. I do not know which country is better prepared (or has got better project plan) for the tournament, but surely stadium complitions do not allow anybody to say we are ready. just imagine West-Europe football supporters: they need some drinks, accomodations etc ... and they need somehow to get to the places like Gdańsk or Kiev. how ? by airplane? - what a joke ...
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #1032
Ukraine

Likes (Received): 505

well i think that Ukraine will be ready for euro 2012 for sure...the only problem is the politicians are unable to sign agreements and find investors to fund everything that goes to stadiums,airports,roads,highways,hotels etc. which creates huge delays.

I see hope in this because tourism could definitely help Ukraine coming out of the recession and create more employment, but the stupid politicians have no time to deal with this "joke" because they have much more important problems to manage such as "fighting in the ministry council "

I think it's pathetic that the Poles who criticize Ukraine and it's people do such thing. If it wasn't for Ukraine's constant pressure and work to build a co-hosting alliance with Poland, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Ukraine has a lot of time to finish this and even if Lviv, Donetsk or Kharkiv fail to deliver the goods to Platini Kiev will for sure stay in the Euro 2012 agenda
cheers
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #1033
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukraine View Post
...I think it's pathetic that the Poles who criticize Ukraine and it's people do such thing. If it wasn't for Ukraine's constant pressure and work to build a co-hosting alliance with Poland, this thread wouldn't even exist.

you are right. if it was no Ukraine engagement this thread would not exist. it is obvious Ukraine got this tournament, Poland had nothing to do with it. but always "small but". Ukraine could not go alone in Euro 2012 competition, because would not be treated seriously. Ukraine had to choose one of its neighbours.

but let us say you do business with your partner, and for some reasons your partner drowns. what you do ? first of all you try to reascue him, but if it does not work .... what you do ? you drown with your partner or you look for alternatives ? I believe this is where the problem sits. some of Poles do not believe any more Ukraine will remain above surface level.

my personal (only) opinion is we should go with Ukraine (not beacuse of the fact I like Ukraine), but in that case Poland would be a leader of two. so we can proove the rest of the Europe we are able to hold that kind of tournament. if we did it with Germany (I like them too) everybody would think - aha Germany had to helped Poles, they could not do it without Germans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukraine View Post
...Ukraine has a lot of time to finish this and even if Lviv, Donetsk or Kharkiv fail to deliver the goods to Platini Kiev will for sure stay in the Euro 2012 agenda
cheers
I do not agree that Ukraine has got a lot of time. that kind of things require a lot of time. you cannot change the reality within some months.

anyway could onyone answer my question which is: how do Ukrainians find the present situation that according to UEFA only 1 city is ready ? do you see it as something you do not deserve ? or rather like that: bloody hell, we are running out of time, go to work.
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #1034
fgdf
^

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homem View Post
Thanks, what about the airport rail link(WKD) and Modlin ?
I only know that Modlin airport is close from getting a green light, when it comes to WKD - Warsaw guys have better knowladge
fgdf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #1035
JeV

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homem View Post
Thanks, what about the airport rail link(WKD)?
It will be operated by SKM. WKD is a different story.
JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #1036
Homem
Walking man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeV View Post
It will be operated by SKM. WKD is a different story.
I thought SKM was the rapid urban rail of Gdansk tricity in the north .
Are you talking about another "SKM" ?

Marcher debout

Old August 17th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #1037
Luxis
REserved User

Likes (Received): 77

Yeah, in Poland we have two SKM's SKM TriCity and SKM Warsaw
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #1038
and802

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
...anyway could onyone answer my question which is: how do Ukrainians find the present situation that according to UEFA only 1 city is ready ? do you see it as something you do not deserve ? or rather like that: bloody hell, we are running out of time, go to work.
can any Ukrainian collegue answer my question ?
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1039
metros11

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
can any Ukrainian collegue answer my question ?
As a Ukrainian currently residing in the United States, and having visited Lviv in July, I can honestly say that in my opinion Euro 2012 is in doubt, at least when it comes to Lviv.
metros11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1040
jacek_nl
Stanisław z Łodzi

Likes (Received): 0

One may say Ukraine is slightly ahead of Poland in terms of building stadiums. But equally important is the infrastructure, which, simply speaking, is non-existent in Ukraine. That is why UEFA refused to give OK to Donetsk, which has a fantastic stadium, but does not have anything else needed to host international event: no motorways, no hotels, no airport. The same applies to all other hosting Ukrainian cities - and at the moment there is no chance the situation will change in any foreseeable future - certainly not in current economic climate (Ukraine's economy shrank 20% since last year).

So, stadiums are indeed important, but: a) how will you get there?, b) where will you stay? Ukrainians do not seem to have convincing answers to these questions. Poles do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke80 View Post
I'm getting confused here. Can someone give a brief sit rep for this tournament?

Please correct me on things - I'm just struggling to keep track on all 12 stadia.

Last edited by jacek_nl; August 17th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
jacek_nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums