daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM   #1301
jwojcie

Likes (Received): 3993

I suppose airways is only viable solution...
By train from Warsaw to Donieck -> currently about 30 hours, probably not much faster by car...
To put it into perspective it is not much closer from Warsaw to Donieck than from Warsaw to Istanbul... Hey Kuvvaci! maybe we will organize some tournament together in the future? I mean Poland and Turkey
Heh, if this Polish-Ukrainian tournament will success, then next time it will be enough for UEFA to pick up random cities across Europe, not states
heh, I'm Pole and I'm happy that this is Polish-Ukrainian project, but those distances are just crazy...

Anyway, I suppose that organizers would have to minimize needs for such a trip...

On the other hand, when a few dozen thousends of fans from western Europe will make it, then they will appreciate size of Ukrainian state. I suppose UEFA should get some educational grants from EU for that

Last edited by jwojcie; January 23rd, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
jwojcie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM   #1302
don.lpz
WRO

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwojcie View Post

I suppose airways is only viable solution...
By train from Warsaw to Donieck -> currently about 30 hours, probably not much faster by car...
To put it into perspective it is not much closer from Warsaw to Donieck than from Warsaw to Istanbul... Hey Kuvvaci! maybe we will organize some tournament together in the future? I mean Poland and Turkey
Heh, if this Polish-Ukrainian tournament will success, then next time it will be enough for UEFA to pick up random cities across Europe, not states
heh, I'm Pole and I'm happy that this is Polish-Ukrainian project, but those distances are just crazy...

Anyway, I suppose that organizers would have to minimize needs for such a trip...

On the other hand, when a few dozen thousends of fans from western Europe will make it, then they will appreciate size of Ukrainian state. I suppose UEFA should get some educational grants from EU for that
Thats why UEFA puts so much their attention to airports infrastructure because 60% fans or more will travel by air.
If someone planning to go by car or train from western europe to Ukraine... well good luck
don.lpz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1303
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

could you plese end the pictures of EURO 2012 airports and give the numbes of capacity?

And should we take two different visas for this torunement beecause Ukraie is not an EU and Schengen country?
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1304
jwojcie

Likes (Received): 3993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post
could you plese end the pictures of EURO 2012 airports and give the numbes of capacity?

And should we take two different visas for this torunement beecause Ukraie is not an EU and Schengen country?
Could you please don't be so preachy..?
Current Warsaw airport capacity:
http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/conte...rminalinfo.php

As for visa's, today the answer is yes. How would it be in 2012 it is unknown. I suppose it is premature question.
jwojcie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:42 PM   #1305
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Likes (Received): 4

Photos from the Lviv stadium. 21/01/2010

We Are Ready - Ми Готові - Jesteśmy Gotowi
█████████
█████████
NMAISTER007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:06 PM   #1306
m4rcin
northwesternlised

Likes (Received): 102

how far is this stadium from civilzation?
m4rcin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1307
KruEv
Зареєстрований Користувач

Likes (Received): 1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rcin View Post
how far is this stadium from civilzation?
~2-5 km
KruEv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #1308
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Nmaister can you stop posting some much pictures? Expecially the Kiev ones. You post basically the same pics of the same angles and its really annoying.

Back on topic, does Donbass Arena light up in different colors or just blue?
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #1309
vanbasten

Likes (Received): 293

Just blue
vanbasten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #1310
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Nmaister can you stop posting some much pictures? Expecially the Kiev ones.
Jeez, just get over it. I barely see anyone complaining, besides, the photos that I post are not my photos. If you have a problem with me posting so much photos, then just ignore them. I will continue to post photos in the same way I did b4.

█████████
█████████
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1311
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruEv View Post
~2-5 km
2-5 km? R u kidding?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...11494&t=h&z=14

█████████
█████████
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #1312
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Some good news from the Kyiv Olympic Stadium Sorry for the bad translation, its translate.google.com's fault

Euro 2012: The Olympic NSC begins assembling roof over the stands
Today, 16:47

25 January Dnipropetrovsk to Kyiv delivered the first of 80 columns that will be used for installation of roof over the stands NSC Olympics.
All 80 columns - unique, with different geometrical parameters and consist of two parts, the length of each - from 23 to 25.5 m Weight - 25 to 30 tons. Columns are made from high steel sheets with thickness from 60 to 90 mm .

According to Minister of Ukraine for Family, Youth and Sports Yuriy Pavlenko, and from those columns 40 meters tall and weighing over 40 tons will be a base frame with hardware that will maintain the cable-stayed structure, membrane coating on the podium. "Overall performance of the manufacturing and installation of unique coverage involved 33 Ukrainian companies and 6 foreign companies, and difficult installation will be carried out under strict control of domestic and foreign experts" - quoted Pavlenko press service of the Ministry of Family, Youth and Sports.

Contractor construction works construction roof over the stands, the NSC is the Olympic Plant Master Pro Ukraine. To manufacture and installation of structures covering Ukrainian slave organization involved in the company with a worldwide reputation Braydon International Limited. (UK), Hayteks (Germany) and Sarens NV (Belgium).

Previously, a temporary investigative commission of the Verkhovna Rada to verify compliance with reconstruction NSK Olympic in Kiev said that the backlog schedule of construction works is 5 months.

Ukrainian version (Official website): http://novynar.com.ua/sport/99991
Google translate (English): http://translate.google.com/translat...91&sl=uk&tl=en

█████████
█████████
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1313
GeorgeGdansk
Nec temere, nec timide

Likes (Received): 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
Some good news from the Kyiv Olympic Stadium Sorry for the bad translation, its translate.google.com's fault

Euro 2012: The Olympic NSC begins assembling roof over the stands
Today, 16:47

25 January Dnipropetrovsk to Kyiv delivered the first of 80 columns that will be used for installation of roof over the stands NSC Olympics.
All 80 columns - unique, with different geometrical parameters and consist of two parts, the length of each - from 23 to 25.5 m Weight - 25 to 30 tons. Columns are made from high steel sheets with thickness from 60 to 90 mm .

According to Minister of Ukraine for Family, Youth and Sports Yuriy Pavlenko, and from those columns 40 meters tall and weighing over 40 tons will be a base frame with hardware that will maintain the cable-stayed structure, membrane coating on the podium. "Overall performance of the manufacturing and installation of unique coverage involved 33 Ukrainian companies and 6 foreign companies, and difficult installation will be carried out under strict control of domestic and foreign experts" - quoted Pavlenko press service of the Ministry of Family, Youth and Sports.

Contractor construction works construction roof over the stands, the NSC is the Olympic Plant Master Pro Ukraine. To manufacture and installation of structures covering Ukrainian slave organization involved in the company with a worldwide reputation Braydon International Limited. (UK), Hayteks (Germany) and Sarens NV (Belgium).

Previously, a temporary investigative commission of the Verkhovna Rada to verify compliance with reconstruction NSK Olympic in Kiev said that the backlog schedule of construction works is 5 months.

Ukrainian version (Official website): http://novynar.com.ua/sport/99991
Google translate (English): http://translate.google.com/translat...91&sl=uk&tl=en
Yes, it's realy some good news
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #1314
Skysteel
Panzer Führer

Likes (Received): 10279

Sorry you guys but some threads Polish stadiums on their forum?
Skysteel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #1315
don.lpz
WRO

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMAISTER007 View Post
Jeez, just get over it. I barely see anyone complaining, besides, the photos that I post are not my photos. If you have a problem with me posting so much photos, then just ignore them. I will continue to post photos in the same way I did b4.
You should place them only on threads about their construction, here is not the place for them.
don.lpz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1316
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.lpz View Post
You should place them only on threads about their construction, here is not the place for them.
Yes it is, this thread is under the category of "Stadiums and Sport Arenas".

█████████
█████████
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #1317
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Please refrain from using foul language.

Nmaister, perhaps leave this thread for discussions and post images of the progress at the dedicated stadium thread. It seems this may work best.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #1318
NMAISTER007
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Nmaister, perhaps leave this thread for discussions and post images of the progress at the dedicated stadium thread. It seems this may work best.
Can I then post a link to my post where i posted the pictures of the stadium?

█████████
█████████
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #1319
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Sure, its just a suggestion though.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #1320
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Euro 2012: UEFA is concerned about the construction of two stadiums

UEFA is concerned about the situation of the stadiums in Kiev and Lwow, who are going to host matches of EURO 2012 - warned Markiyan Ubkiwski, director of the tournament in Ukraine.

Concern is the lack of regular funding for these projects, which result in warnings and cautions from UEFA.

Director of Euro 2012 in Ukraine forwarded, such request services from the inspectors of UEFA, who have visited the the Lwow stadium and the stadium in Kiev before, have recently visited the facility in Kharkiv.

The warnings not only go to Kharkiv. The local football stadium was rebuilt for state Money and Property owner reported the club oligarch. Stadiums in Lviv and Kiev are funded by the government.

The Minister of Sport of Ukraine Yuriy Paul Enko did not comment on the Wednesday financing issues, but admitted, the modernization of the Olympic Stadium in Kiev is delayed.

Paul Enko assured, however, when the cold in Ukraine prevails and spring arrives the work will be back on track.

Source (Polish): http://sport.onet.pl/0,1260069,21191...wiadomosc.html

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums