daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1401
JeV

Likes (Received): 224

TEL-AVIV (AFP) – UEFA president Michel Platini on Thursday vowed to ask authorities in Kiev why Ukraine's preparations to co-host the 2012 European Championship with Poland have been delayed.
"We'll see if there is political stability (in Ukraine)," said Platini after the UEFA Congress meeting here.
"I'll go to Kiev in April and I will have a frank and serious conversation with the new government to see the situation, and also maybe bang my fist on the table a bit.
"We are confident (that Ukraine will be able to co-host the tournament) but I've seen photos of the stadium and I'm not completely reassured. We can't change the date. It will be Euro 2012, not 2014."
Ukraine's preparations to organise the quadrennial football showpiece have been hit by political turmoil and serious economic problems in the country.
Earlier in the morning, Platini told those attending the congress: "Yes, Euro 2012 will certainly take place as planned and as promised in Poland and Ukraine. These countries will welcome the football of Europe in June 2012."
The former France star underlined the "desire and enthusiasm" of the Poles and Ukrainians, but admitted that there "numerous difficulties" to overcome.
"We've had to constantly adapt and re-adapt our approach to take this major challenge forward," he added.
"What's more, the economic crisis has arrived there and struck extremely hard in one of the two countries (Ukraine).
"Of course conditions will not be exactly the same as what we had at the last two tournaments," Platini continued, in reference to the 2004 tournament in Portugal and the 2008 edition in Switzerland and Austria.
Directly addressing the men behind Euro 2012, he said: "Mr Surkis (president of the Ukrainian football federation), Mr Lato (president of the Polish federation), you absolutely must hold your course in the final stretch.
"I believe in you, we believe in you. So don't weaken but re-double your efforts. It's not over yet!"

AFP
JeV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1402
jacek_nl
Stanisław z Łodzi

Likes (Received): 0

Michel Platini doubts Ukraine can host Euro 2012 as venue construction stalls

Uefa president Michel Platini has raised serious doubts over the future of Ukraine as co-hosts of Euro 2012 after revealing progress on stadium construction has ground to a halt.

Warning: Uefa president Michel Platini has issued a slap on the wrist to Ukraine's Euro 2012 organisers

Ukraine are set to share hosting duties for the world's second largest football tournament with neighbours Poland in two years' time.
But concerns over the former Soviet republic's readiness have dominated headlines in recent months, with Platini raising fresh doubts in a speech to the European Union on Monday.

The Uefa president admitted to gathered dignitaries that work on one of the country's four stadia in western Lviv had stopped completely and 'made no progress whatsoever' over the harsh eastern European winter.

Work on the venues and the infrastructure of the four Ukrainian host cities is already significantly behind schedule due to adverse weather conditions.

Martin Kallen, Uefa's point man tasked with ensuring Euro 2012 goes ahead, has admitted work in Ukraine could be as much as five months behind schedule.

'We are currently at an important phase of the project, but there are delays in Ukraine and Kiev due to the harsh winter,' he said.
'They say it is a five-month delay, I think it is a little bit less.
'But it still needs to be reduced with more people on the ground and with acceleration of the project.'

Several alternative host nations have been mooted as fall-back options if the Ukrainian FA are unable to deliver on their targets to Uefa, with Germany and England among the possible options.
However, Platini has not yet suggested the tournament could be moved as Poland's four host cities are on course to meet next year's deadlines.

Link to this article: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...euro-2012-host
jacek_nl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1403
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacek_nl View Post
Several alternative host nations have been mooted as fall-back options if the Ukrainian FA are unable to deliver on their targets to Uefa, with Germany and England among the possible options.
However, Platini has not yet suggested the tournament could be moved as Poland's four host cities are on course to meet next year's deadlines.

Link to this article: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...euro-2012-host
England? What the hell? I hate how the media is producing these stupid accusations. Although the situation in Ukraine is really bad, they are already making it sound like it will be stripped from Ukraine. We wont allow our country to co host with Germany. NEVER. I'm sure all the Polish fans would agree. The only way to keep it in both nations and make Euro 2012 a success would be to give more hosting privilages to Polish cities in terms of matches. We will see in the future what UEFA decides.
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:46 AM   #1404
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5448

Platini said there are no backups today, as in specifically that it won't be co-hosted with the likes of Germany (not that I mind if they did). It's either going to be 4+4, 4+2, 6+2 or all in Poland, what we land on depends on what the Ukraine does now, their fate is quite literally in their hands, but it might not be for long if they don't get their act together.
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #1405
kosova-fener
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

ukraine-poland=the worst possible candidates
kosova-fener no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #1406
JeV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
ukraine-poland=the worst possible candidates
Could you support this sentence with something? Probably we gonna see how can your country handle preperation very soon. First EURO in Middle East. Good luck.
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #1407
Viking84

Likes (Received): 21

Poland will be prepared excellent.If the Ukraine is no able to finish all necessary investments, I would suggest to make Poland as only one host with Cracow and Chorzow. 6 stadiums could be enough to make wonderful competition. I have nothing against little backup from Germans, for exemple from Dresden and Berlin.Both citys are situated only 50 km from polish border.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #1408
metros11

Likes (Received): 5

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?...ro2012-ukraine

Poland is on track and they'll be great hosts. The problem is with Ukrainian politicians, or should I say Ukrainian thieves. If Ukraine is not able to host I'm sure Poland can handle it themselves.
metros11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1409
michal_OMB
look here -->

Likes (Received): 32

POLAND

Stadiums:

--- Warsaw

--- Poznan

--- Gdansk

--- Wroclaw

Old April 1st, 2010, 12:08 AM   #1410
Sylver
Szef

Likes (Received): 1

Poznan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte View Post
Cztery zdjęcia na szybko, a pełna galeria niestety bardzo późno:

Old April 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM   #1411
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

It looks like UEFA has decided to change Lviv for Dnipropetrovsk. We all saw that coming.
Aka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM   #1412
astrox

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
It looks like UEFA has decided to change Lviv for Dnipropetrovsk. We all saw that coming.
[Citation needed]
astrox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM   #1413
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrox View Post
[Citation needed]
http://en.aprilnews.net/archive/2010...12-lviv=f60897
Aka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM   #1414
Petr
Iroquois of Europe

Likes (Received): 2559

Petr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1415
Mati-PL

Likes (Received): 378

Poznań

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan20 View Post
Świeżutka galeria meczowa

Barierki odgradzające dostęp do ości:

Semir w akcji

Po wszytkim

Murawa zdała egzamin, fakt przy ostrych wślizgach sporadycznie wyrywane były kawałki, ale łatwo dało się to załatać.

Mati-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1416
AUTO

Likes (Received): 1479

Warsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim77 View Post
AUTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #1417
TwItCH

Likes (Received): 42

I haven't noticed those commie blocks before. but anyway nice progress
TwItCH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1418
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 10023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwItCH View Post
Yeah, those commie blocks are an eye-sore. Oh well, at least the stadium is rising.
Marbur66 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #1419
Elvenking

Likes (Received): 2551

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwItCH View Post
Well, Warsaw has many districts, not all of them are worth watching same as in majority of big cities in the World. From what I know, Berlin or London has also high numbers of commieblocks.
Elvenking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #1420
JeV

Interfax-Ukraine:

Quote:
UEFA President Michel Platini has said he has doubts that a semi-final match of the Euro 2012 European Football Championship could be played in Donetsk.

"Every city has its problems and advantages. Lviv has more stadiums, but no stadium [like the Donbass Arena]. Donetsk has an amazing stadium, but there are not enough hotels to stage a semi-final," he said at a press conference at the Donbass Arena stadium in Donetsk on Thursday.

Platini said that the Olympiysky National Sports Complex in Kyiv was to be commissioned by June 2011.

"If all goes well, the stadium should be built by June 2011, but that's only if all goes well," he said.

Platini also said that he had a talk with FC Shakhtar Donetsk President Rinat Akhmetov, but added that they had not discussed preparations for Euro 2012.

He said that he had spoken with Akhmetov about Shakhtar and that the club's president had presented him with a pen.

Platini also noted that he was planning to meet with Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on Thursday, April 8.

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/nation/detail/63364/

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums