daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
Poland 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2005, 09:21 AM   #141
Varsben

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
But neither Poland nor Ukraine have much experience in hosting these kind of events, so we have nothing to go on. And still my opinion stands, Turkey's bid was more qualified and deserved to be in the final 3 much more than Poland/Ukraine (and Croatia/Hungary for that matter). It's nothing against the two countries, it's just my opinion looking at the evaluations and reports.
It's rather impossible to gain whatever experience in hosting these kind of events, if one has never been awarded such events so far. The political reasons for Poland's and Ukraine's discrimination in this regard in past decades, are obvious for you too, at least - they should be, if you know Europe's history.

Also, current political-historical considerations, evidently give Poland/Ukraine advantage over Turkey, as regards Euro 2012. UEFA made no secret of that.

And don't worry too much about our infrastructure, my friend. Once awarded the games, both countries will cope with necessary investments within 6 years. As Greece or Portugal did, some time ago.

Further discussion is pointless, since you are biased.

I only have one advice for you, my Greek friend:

It's high time you accepted the fact that the Iron Curtain is no longer there. Europe's not divided anymore into "first-" and "second-class" nations, as it used to be for a long time after WW II. Poland and Ukraine are no longer communist satellite states, they are back in Europe's and world's international stage in all domains, sports hosting included. Hence they enjoy all the rights you attribute to the (formerly) "better" Europe.

Last edited by Varsben; November 10th, 2005 at 09:28 AM.
Varsben no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #142
michal-skoczen

Likes (Received):

EURO 2012 latest poll

Thera are only three bids in game so say which will win. And why
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #143
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Poland Ukraine. Its just time thats all.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #144
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

Well, I see you have some kind of raving complex here, you sound just as bad as some of the Greek forumers here with your insecurity.

Quote:
It's rather impossible to gain whatever experience in hosting these kind of events, if one has never been awarded such events so far.

True, and thats why normally countries start small and work their way up. Hosting CL or UEFA Cup finals, and the like, and get evaluated and learn in the process. To me, it seems it will be hard to have zero experience AND need alot of infastructure, these are not easy things. Especially when like I said, it's two different countries who must cooperate together in this regard. That complicates it more. Whats so wrong with that?

Quote:
I only have one advice for you, my Greek friend:

It's high time you accepted the fact that the Iron Curtain is no longer there. Europe's not divided anymore into "first-" and "second-class" nations, as it used to be for a long time after WW II. Poland and Ukraine are no longer communist satellite states, they are back in Europe's and world's international stage in all domains, sports hosting included. Hence they enjoy all the rights you attribute to the (formerly) "better" Europe.

Man, come off it. Where was I going on about any of this stuff? Who said Europe is divided? And who said you don't enjoy any of the rights of formely "better" Europe? Last time I checked, I didn't know Turkey was included in that. Because I feel they got jipped and should have been in the final 3, it means I have some kind of biased against eastern and former soviet/communist block nations? Well, even if Turkey was included, I had already stated I didn't think the Greek bid was good enough to make it, so that means one of the bids from eastern europe would, which I thought was going to be Croatia/Hungary from the evaluation report. So there goes the whole theory right there... I seriously don't get how you can gather all of those things from the simple fact that I thought Turkey had a better bid and I thought was strong enough to make the final 3? (and this is coming from a GREEK, speaking of bias.......)
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #145
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

lets not make this forum about greece they didnt make it move on....good luck poland ukraine..
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #146
Crocodine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Italy.
Football tradition, resources, stadia, development, hotels...
Crocodine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #147
johnz88
polska88

They should really give it to Poland/Ukraine because its time that any eastern european countries should host an event like this. Italy has hosted both euros and world cup in the past and I think that Poland/Ukraine can do it if they really want. And Poland by the way does have a really good soccer history. 2 third place finishes in WC, this will be their 7th appearance and they have a few olympic medals to add to that.
Old November 10th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #148
D´eg˘LG
Sexy Touch Feeling

Likes (Received): 853

Poland- Ukraine sounds interesting.
D´eg˘LG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #149
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

We aren't discussing Greece Mo, do you even read the posts??
"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #150
DvW
德明

Likes (Received): 1591

Stadiums of Italy are pretty ugly, but a BIG capacity, so Italy.

UK's stadiums are the best!
DvW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #151
ělandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Poland and Ukraine ... but I would really love to see it in scandinavia (N, S and DK)....
ělandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #152
DetoX

There should be 5 new stadiums in Poland by 2012.

Old November 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM   #153
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

Italy of course... Turkey and Greece are eliminated for guranteeing the Italian victory... Actually other bis should have been rejected from the beginning but, they have been needed for Italian victory... even UEFA Organizations commitee preesident Olsen said at the press conferance that their decision were poltical. When journalist asked more, he sad he doesn't want to say more.
Both Ukraine-Poland and Crotatia Hungary don't even have UEFA criterians.
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #154
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oelanddk
Poland and Ukraine ... but I would really love to see it in scandinavia (N, S and DK)....
way to hard to plan, and to much travel for the players....Forget it, untill we can do it ourselfs....My vote goes to Poland- Ukraine....
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #155
Schroedinger's Cat
Krakus rodowity

Likes (Received): 6

The choice is clear - Italy.
Schroedinger's Cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #156
Zaqattaq

Likes (Received): 76

PL AND Ukraine deserve it and they are ready, plus they both have good squads
Zaqattaq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #157
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci
Italy of course... Turkey and Greece are eliminated for guranteeing the Italian victory... Actually other bis should have been rejected from the beginning but, they have been needed for Italian victory... even UEFA Organizations commitee preesident Olsen said at the press conferance that their decision were poltical. When journalist asked more, he sad he doesn't want to say more.
Both Ukraine-Poland and Crotatia Hungary don't even have UEFA criterians.
Thats so true. Croatia + Hungry over Turkey or Greece? Err, no.

Go Italia!
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #158
kostya
SSC Veteran

Likes (Received): 2183

Obviously Italy...BUT, the other countries participating have to have the chance to develop their ifrastructure, stadiums etc. I think the least developed countries must have the games...Hey, it will help for an equally developed Europe this way...think about it...don't get me wrong.
kostya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #159
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 482

This is Football. I couldn't care less about an equally developed Europe at this stage. I want top quality football in a top quality location....In other words,

Italia 2012.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #160
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

I'm supprized how little devolpment(2 new 30,000 stadia) of new stadiums their actually is in the Italian bid, espeically as many Italian clubs seem interested in it at the moment. Really how much can the likes of the Olympico be refusbished?
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, ukraine, ukraine stadiums, ukrainian stadiums