daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #221
Desertlife
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Divino Porquerizo View Post
Why should he? Everybody has insulted him ('racist' etc) for saying something which makes a lot of sense. Morocco shouldn't try to be something which is not. I live in Morocco because Morocco is a country where you can still feel the spirit of nature and earth in the streets, where 'the sublime walks alive in the streets' as the painter Delacroix pointed out. A country where it is still possible to live a human life. Now everything's going to hell because some idiots think that 'developing' means destroying everything and erasing all spirituality from Earth for the benefit of a few Real Estate companies. I am from Spain and my country used to be a lovely place; now it is 'developed' the European way -which basically means that it is shit. Transgenic food, outrageous prices, freedom only to do stupid things, no traditions, nothing but superficiality and suposed to be modernity. It is sad to see that Morocco is going down the same way. If Western culture is so superior I don't understand why when one goes into a Western bus one only finds sad and worried faces...in Morocco people is perhaps poor (i mean they don't have a lot of money) but they are laughing all the time. We have been sold the idea that happiness is having money and stupid things, and we sold our souls to banks and McDonalds, in the West. It is horrible to see that the whole Africa, which is probably one of the few REAL places left in the world, is going to follow the same road. Sad to see an idiot saying 'Yes, please Africa, develop, develop' because a massive building is going to be erected. It is not Africa which should develop the Western way, it is the West which should learn from Africa and go back to a more spiritual, natural, and happy way of life.
God bless you man

<<Transgenic food, outrageous prices, freedom only to do stupid things, no traditions, nothing but superficiality and suposed to be modernity<<

<<We have been sold the idea that happiness is having money and stupid things, and we sold our souls to banks and McDonalds, in the West<<
It is this kind of the things that made me pack my stuff and head toward my lovely country Morocco..I never regret it.
Desertlife no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:51 AM   #222
marocco

Likes (Received): 0

More..
marocco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM   #223
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Giant investments in North Africa!

North Africa: Proposed 50 Billion Pounds Solar Project to Power Europe.

16 March 2009

link picture: http://www.desertec.org/en/news/

Solar farms in the Sahara could provide the whole of Europe's energy needs, according to scientists at the European Commission's Institute for Energy.

In what could be a 50 billion pounds multiple government investment over the next ten years, these solar farms could produce electricity either through photovoltaic cells or by turning water to steam by focusing the sun's rays with mirrors.

The investment would also make the Sahara attractive for private investors in coming years.

With a solar farm the size of Ireland, Europe could receive 20% of its energy from renewable sources by 2020. The Institute's scientists envision that 100GW could be generated by 2050, which is more than the combined electricity output from all sources in the UK.

Trials of concentrated solar power for sources of European electricity will be planned for Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Dubai, with alternatives in Libya and Tunisia.

Solar farms in North Africa would make fossils fuels less relevant, as well as make Europe less dependent on Russia and the Middle East for energy.

link artikel: http://allafrica.com/stories/200904090791.html
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM   #224
Huti
bitte spiel mir etwas

Likes (Received): 19976

could it get done?
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM   #225
apocalypse 2012
BANNED

Quote:
Why should he? Everybody has insulted him ('racist' etc) for saying something which makes a lot of sense. Morocco shouldn't try to be something which is not. I live in Morocco because Morocco is a country where you can still feel the spirit of nature and earth in the streets, where 'the sublime walks alive in the streets' as the painter Delacroix pointed out. A country where it is still possible to live a human life. Now everything's going to hell because some idiots think that 'developing' means destroying everything and erasing all spirituality from Earth for the benefit of a few Real Estate companies. I am from Spain and my country used to be a lovely place; now it is 'developed' the European way -which basically means that it is shit. Transgenic food, outrageous prices, freedom only to do stupid things, no traditions, nothing but superficiality and suposed to be modernity. It is sad to see that Morocco is going down the same way. If Western culture is so superior I don't understand why when one goes into a Western bus one only finds sad and worried faces...in Morocco people is perhaps poor (i mean they don't have a lot of money) but they are laughing all the time. We have been sold the idea that happiness is having money and stupid things, and we sold our souls to banks and McDonalds, in the West. It is horrible to see that the whole Africa, which is probably one of the few REAL places left in the world, is going to follow the same road. Sad to see an idiot saying 'Yes, please Africa, develop, develop' because a massive building is going to be erected. It is not Africa which should develop the Western way, it is the West which should learn from Africa and go back to a more spiritual, natural, and happy way of life.
i agree with your analysis to some extend but if you look at spain which is supposed to have evolved so much in comparison to what spain use to be in early 80 and 70s 60s despite of the huge subsidies spain has been relying on for the last 30 years from the EU, spanish people are still very poor in comparison to the western EU STANDARDS where unemployement is extremly high and local spaniards still wait for the foreign tourist to serve him/her in order to earn some money and be able to survive what i m trying to say despite of the modernity spain has achieved which it did not have 20 or 30 years ago, spain is still relying massively on tourism and the tips of tourists SAD BUT TRUE and i hope morocco does not go in the same foot steps cause not only you have achieved so little in terms of peoples wealth but your massive tourisme influx has harmed badely your ecology and has put a huge strain on the water which you have a huge shoratge of, concidering the spainsh land is quite arid and dry even worst the last ten years due to lack of rain.
apocalypse 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #226
Mohamed80

Likes (Received): 23

Does anyone know if some of these projects has been cancelled due to the economic crisis?
Mohamed80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #227
Mohamed80

Quote:
But don't you think that Moroccans also deserve a live without poverty? I am very happy with these projects, and I am not worried that Morocco will lose its spirit.
By the way, you are from Spain, were in Morocco do you live and what do you do for a living? (Asking because I am preparing to go back to Morocco)
Old June 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #228
Buyckske Ruben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huti View Post
could it get done?
Siemens, Deutsche Bank, RWE and E.on ready to invest in ambitious plan to power Europe with clean electricity from Africa !!!

The Desertec project aims to build solar power plants in several locations in north Africa. Jeworrek said the "most important criteria" was that the locations were "situated in politically stable lands". Morocco, as well as Libya and Algeria have been cited as potential sites, where land is also cheap.

link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-europe-africa

Old June 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #229
Mohamed80

By the way, does anyone know more about Sindibad parc, is it going to be renovated? When ready?

I also am trying to find more information on plans for a new Zoo, if anyone knows anything plz tell me.

Last edited by Mohamed80; June 28th, 2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #230
cuica77

Don't understand this mega-solar project!!!
The future is localized energy production, not to ocuppy vast areas in mega-construction!!!
The same thing over and over, a handful of companies want to gain control of the energy supplies...
cuica77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #231
Mister79

Likes (Received): 2847

Nador tourisme project Atalayoun launched:

Mister79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #232
Buyckske Ruben

--------------------
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #233
Spainiswonderful
Live and Let Live

Likes (Received): 3

MOROCCO IS BEAUTIFUL

Hola everybody! I just joined the forums and I am amazed by its fantastic and huge content. I am planning to retire in Morocco (maybe Tangiers) and while doing a search on Google I was so lucky to find this thread and site.
It seems that Slaoui, CasaMor and Karim Aboussir didn´t understand Slavic Warrior when he wrote: " I'm not a big fan. It's Morocco, it shouldn't try to be something it's not." My English is not the best thing I can offer but I am sure Slavic Warrior was not meaning Morocco when he wrote that he is not a big fan but referring only to the urban projects. El Divino Porquerizo (love that nick ) in his message explained it very well and I totally agree with his text. I think I am maybe too nostalgic of the Spain I lived when I was young but I still love my country even if sometimes I just can´t stand so many things and behaviours.
Thank you so much Slaoui for all your hard work on the forums with so many good contributions and of course my gratitude goes also to the rest of the members that keep this site so interesting and growing.
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
Spainiswonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #234
[MAROC-1]
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erolisk View Post

Hay Riad Center #UC

Tounsi;c'est un projet à part je sais pas si la construction a debuté
hey i was just wondering.. is this city in Morocco? or Tunisia??
[MAROC-1] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #235
madao

Likes (Received): 210

Morocco

This new Neighberhood is under construction in Rabat Hay Riad
madao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #236
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spainiswonderful View Post
Hola everybody! I just joined the forums and I am amazed by its fantastic and huge content. I am planning to retire in Morocco (maybe Tangiers) and while doing a search on Google I was so lucky to find this thread and site.
It seems that Slaoui, CasaMor and Karim Aboussir didn´t understand Slavic Warrior when he wrote: " I'm not a big fan. It's Morocco, it shouldn't try to be something it's not." My English is not the best thing I can offer but I am sure Slavic Warrior was not meaning Morocco when he wrote that he is not a big fan but referring only to the urban projects. El Divino Porquerizo (love that nick ) in his message explained it very well and I totally agree with his text. I think I am maybe too nostalgic of the Spain I lived when I was young but I still love my country even if sometimes I just can´t stand so many things and behaviours.
Thank you so much Slaoui for all your hard work on the forums with so many good contributions and of course my gratitude goes also to the rest of the members that keep this site so interesting and growing.
Hola!

I love spain as well. Welcome to SSC
Enjoy
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #237
[MAROC-1]
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madao View Post
Morocco

This new Neighberhood is under construction in Rabat Hay Riad
haha Ohh thank god... For a little while i thought it was a tunisian projet

haha thanx for the info buddy
[MAROC-1] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #238
Spainiswonderful
Live and Let Live

Likes (Received): 3

EQUAL CHANCES TO ALL, IT IS TIME TO JOIN HANDS!!!

Thank you Tetwani for your welcome! ¿PAZ Y AMOR? It seems that we are both very much concerned about peace. Yes, peace is love but sadly peace in this modern world seems to be impossible and far from reality and unfortunately it seems almost impossible that one day the world will have complete harmony and peace with all the Humanity living with tranquility. Growing tensions between developped and developping countries, no solution for old problems, widening gap between RICH & POOR and increasing number of people living BELOW poverty lines are very SERIOUS problems, which I think are the main threats to global peace but ironically there is no conflict in the World, which cannot be solved Peace should be the main concern of every sensible man! I am all for it and I am sure almost ALL the people around the globe share the same feeling
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
Spainiswonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:08 PM   #239
Radu_Gabri3l

Any updates on Morocco Mall ?

Hello everybody ; nice projects you have here in " Maroc " how we call in my country; I am from Romania

you have any uptdates on Morocco Mall ? also who is the construction company and any other detailes ?? have they started to build this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaoui View Post
Morocco Mall biggest mall in north africa / Casablanca

AL AMINE INVESTISSEMENT

Located on a 10-hectare site outside of the country’s most famous city, the new Morocco Mall will be accessible from five entry points along a major thoroughfare in suburban Casablanca. With panoramic views from five sets of lifts, twelve escalators and four travellators, the 200,000-square metre building will be a vaulted sky dome of shops, piazzas and open spaces. The mall’s biggest attraction is an IMAX movie theatre and 3-D spa, but will also attract tourists from far and wide thanks to an aquapark, kids parks, an organic garden, a skating rink and an art space dedicated to Moroccan handicrafts. In addition to 200 shops with over 70,000 square metres of GLA, the shopping centre includes a hypermarket, a food court with a sea view and approximately forty restaurants. D.I. was responsible for all conceptual, schematic and detailed design including tender documents and construction review.

http://www.di-global.com/home.aspx?t=1

Radu_Gabri3l no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:06 AM   #240
abha.elb
ALL REAL !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu_Gabri3l View Post

Hello everybody ; nice projects you have here in " Maroc " how we call in my country; I am from Romania

you have any uptdates on Morocco Mall ? also who is the construction company and any other detailes ?? have they started to build this?
hey gabriel!! nice to see foreigner people interrested in morocco's thread
well i'm gonna answer you last question: of course they stared since october 2008 i guess i'm not sure, all i can tell u that i believe it will be open on june 2010 as the company said. i dunno what's the name of the company i think it's SGTM.
you can check this link for more infos:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...528592&page=15

Last edited by abha.elb; July 23rd, 2009 at 06:11 AM.
abha.elb no está en línea   Reply With Quote