daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #281
best kingdom

Likes (Received): 0

Go morocco
best kingdom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #282
elkharrazi

vamos adelanti que estamos creciendo
elkharrazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #283
Slaoui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Tramway Rabat-Salé 2 lines 20Km

First delivery :

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Slaoui; March 19th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #284
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Wow... Marocco is amazing !!! Hopefully they extend the tramrail network .
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #285
best kingdom

the trams are very modern and I like

Last edited by best kingdom; March 21st, 2010 at 03:15 AM.
best kingdom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #286
Slaoui
BANNED

Quote:
Tramway Rabat-Salé 2 lines 20Km
as you can read here, it's for Rabat
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #287
Desertlife
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Casablanca stadium

Desertlife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:15 AM   #288
xRyan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 562

Joli le design du stade
Encore faut-il qu'il voit le jour.
xRyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:50 PM   #289
Slaoui
BANNED

Casablanca | Cheikh Zaid Hospital | U#C

The biggest and most modern hospital of north africa

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #290
Daano

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaoui View Post
Casablanca | Cheikh Zaid Hospital | U#C

The biggest and most modern hospital of north africa

You're pic's dont work
Daano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #291
Daano

Likes (Received): 5

New trams of Rabat:

image hosted on flickr
Daano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #292
dakhla

Likes (Received): 247

Morocco Goes Solar - $9 billion Green energy project by 2020
By David Morgan
28/03/2010

Morocco is planning to use the latest solar energy technology to build a large solar energy project. Estimated at a cost of $9 billion, the project is expected to produce 38% of the country’s power by the year 2020.

Moroccan officials stress that the country possesses a number of clear advantages that should ensure that the project's ambitious goals are achieved, including 5 kWh per square metre per day of solar radiation and 3,000 hours of sunshine per year.

The benefits of tapping sunlight for power are multiple: not only will turning to this “green” form of energy enable the country to reduce its dependence on foreign supplies of energy for its essential needs, but it will also assist in preserving the environment and help foster economic development and diversification.

The project consists of five power generation sites to produce 2000 MW of electricity, with a combined surface area of 10,000 hectares, in Ouarzazate, Ain Bni Mathar, Foum Al Oued, Boujdour and Sebkhat Tah.

"This is a bold but realistic project. We will guarantee all the technical and financial resources to make it succeed," the country’s Energy Minister Amina Benkhadra said when the project was officially launched at a high-level ceremony in Morocco last November.

The minister stressed that foreign energy operators would be involved in the project.

"We look for the most sophisticated technology available in the world to use for this project."

The first station is expected to become operational by 2015. For the project, Morocco is mobilising multiple financing sources and partners, from private and public sectors, as well as from the international community.

Ali Fassi Fihri, the Chairman of ONE, Morocco's power utility, said the project would make the country a pioneer in renewable energy generation. "The project would add in terms of power generation the equivalent of the current electricity consumption of the country's commercial capital Casablanca," Fihri added.

“This project will help Morocco reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 3.7 million tonnes of CO2. This will help us play our role in mitigation of climate change," stressed Said Mouline, the director of Morocco’s Centre for Renewable Energy Development.

"Clean energy projects such as this will create many new jobs in the areas selected for the solar plants as well as boost the country's scientific expertise in the field of solar energy," Mouline added.

Morocco is the only North African country with no oil production of its own and eager to develop renewable energy sources to cut its oil and gas imports.

Among potential partners, Morocco has already secured agreement with the World Bank, the European Commission, and Germany. During a visit to Berlin in January, the Chief Executive of the Moroccan Agency for Solar Energy Mustapha Bakkoury held talks with officials from Germany’s development bank KfW about investing in the pioneering project.

At the same time, European firms, both private and public, are considering hundreds of billions worth of solar energy projects in North Africa, including Morocco - with a transmission network linked to Europe under the Mediterranean - to supply electricity to Europe, as part of the EU commitment to reduce GHG.

The Desertec Initiative, a coalition of 13 energy and technology companies, has held talks with Morocco over the possibility of constructing Desertec’s first renewable energy project in the country.

The Desertec Initiative was launched in 2009 with the intention of bringing together firms with experience in power generation, to build a series of concentrated solar power (CSP), photovoltaic (PV) and wind projects in the Middle East and North Africa region.

Morocco is joined by many other Arab countries, for example Algeria, Qatar, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, in launching ambitious solar energy generation plans. Several countries have shown great interest in similar projects or have announced their intention to build solar plants soon.

Furthermore, many countries in the region, such as Jordan, Syria and Tunisia, are encouraging domestic solar heating systems, providing loans and incentives. Some Arab countries are also now investing in the manufacture of solar panels.

Morocco already has several renewable energy projects in operation. For example, a windmill farm near the northern city of Tangiers produces 140MW of electricity and another near Tarfaya on the southwestern coast of the country is scheduled begin working in 2011 to produce 300MW.

Solar panels are also now bringing electricity to some of the country’s more remote rural areas where many traditionally built houses have never had access to electricity before. This is largely because they are located too far away from utility poles of the National Electricity Company in Morocco. It was previously seen as unprofitable to connect the remote areas to the power network. However, the electricity company has started to install solar panels in these country homes.

Adopting solar energy and investing in attempts to develop other renewable options brings with it additional benefits in that it helps enhance a country’s image as environmentally friendly.

As Morocco’s Finance Minister Salaheddine Mezouar has said, "The project sends a very clear message in the current situation, which is dominated by the need to face up to the challenges of climate change." The minister added that "Morocco is determined to protect the environment in all its future projects."

Global Arab Network
dakhla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM   #293
Slaoui
BANNED

Al Boustane Area | Rabat | U#C

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.atelierslion.com/
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:40 PM   #294
donquichotedelmedina
BANNËD

Likes (Received): 5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkharrazi View Post
vamos adelanti que estamos creciendo
que estamos creciendo dices ? A mi me asombra este tipo de reflejos.mejor que te callas porque al hablar , cuentas muy mal los chistes..
donquichotedelmedina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM   #295
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquichotedelmedina View Post
que estamos creciendo dices ? A mi me asombra este tipo de reflejos.mejor que te callas porque al hablar , cuentas muy mal los chistes..
żQue chiste? Marruecos esta creciendo, te guste o no. Es cierto que hay gente que no se enriquece, es cierto que mucha gente no ve los efectos del crecimiento macroeconomico en su dia a dia por culpa de la inflacion...

Pero eso no cambia la realidad: Marruecos crece, el paro baja y la economia se diversifica. El vaso, o lo ves medio lleno o medio vacio. Para mi esta muy claro todo ˇel vaso desborda de lo lleno que esta!
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM   #296
donquichotedelmedina
BANNËD

Likes (Received): 5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetwani View Post
żQue chiste? Marruecos esta creciendo, te guste o no. Es cierto que hay gente que no se enriquece, es cierto que mucha gente no ve los efectos del crecimiento macroeconomico en su dia a dia por culpa de la inflacion...
Pero eso no cambia la realidad: Marruecos crece, el paro baja y la economia se diversifica. El vaso, o lo ves medio lleno o medio vacio. Para mi esta muy claro todo ˇel vaso desborda de lo lleno que esta!
Pues mira, a mi , y te lo digo con mucha sencillez, me hubiera gustado lo que has dicho que sea verdad , pero por desgracia, la realidad es otro cantar.
El paro baja , vaya noticiazo, eso si, baja en las estadisticas del ministerio del empleo utiizando calculos y cifras que no sé de donde los sacan, a ver si alquien lo sabe o si algun responsable de ministero se atreva y tenga la valentia de explicarnos la metodologia de sus calculos extranios como dios manda.
y no me cansaré a denunciar el artificio de estos datos, poque no toman en cuenta de todos los desempleados del pais ,y no sabe la menor duda el numero de los parados es muchisimo mayor de lo que nos anuncian,
en lo que se refiere al desarrollo , lo de siempre , los ricos enriqueciendose y los pobres siguen igual. Los ricos gastan tanto en viajes y coches, lujos que se dan y mandan a sus hijos a escuelas privadas de paga y el chiste es que siempre gastan y el dinero no se les acaba y el pobre por mas que ahorre y casi no compre nada sigue igual de pobre o hasta mas pobre, y podemos hablar sin andar con rodeos que hay una casta que esta explotando lamentablemente el pais, el desarrollo que pretendes lo refleja el PIB, estamos detras , imaginate,de viet nam, pakistan y detras de uno de los paises mas pobres de europa que es romania, y nos alcanza casi Bangladesh (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...r_PIB_(nominal).
Por otra parte Hace 20 anios que los dirigentes nos cuentan la misma historia y nos salen la misma cancion ( que adelante vamos, que estamos progresando a pasos de gigantes y tonterias de este estilo no faltan.
Total, nos queda muchisimo camino por correr.

Quote:
te guste o no
no comment
donquichotedelmedina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:07 PM   #297
Tetwani
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquichotedelmedina View Post
Pues mira, a mi , y te lo digo con mucha sencillez, me hubiera gustado lo que has dicho que sea verdad , pero por desgracia, la realidad es otro cantar.
El paro baja , vaya noticiazo, eso si, baja en las estadisticas del ministerio del empleo utiizando calculos y cifras que no sé de donde los sacan, a ver si alquien lo sabe o si algun responsable de ministero se atreva y tenga la valentia de explicarnos la metodologia de sus calculos extranios como dios manda.
y no me cansaré a denunciar el artificio de estos datos, poque no toman en cuenta de todos los desempleados del pais ,y no sabe la menor duda el numero de los parados es muchisimo mayor de lo que nos anuncian,
en lo que se refiere al desarrollo , lo de siempre , los ricos enriqueciendose y los pobres siguen igual. Los ricos gastan tanto en viajes y coches, lujos que se dan y mandan a sus hijos a escuelas privadas de paga y el chiste es que siempre gastan y el dinero no se les acaba y el pobre por mas que ahorre y casi no compre nada sigue igual de pobre o hasta mas pobre, y podemos hablar sin andar con rodeos que hay una casta que esta explotando lamentablemente el pais, el desarrollo que pretendes lo refleja el PIB, estamos detras , imaginate,de viet nam, pakistan y detras de uno de los paises mas pobres de europa que es romania, y nos alcanza casi Bangladesh (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...r_PIB_(nominal).
Por otra parte Hace 20 anios que los dirigentes nos cuentan la misma historia y nos salen la misma cancion ( que adelante vamos, que estamos progresando a pasos de gigantes y tonterias de este estilo no faltan.
Total, nos queda muchisimo camino por correr.

no comment
Vaya derrotista eres
Parece que vives en otro planeta. Imagino que vives en europa, porque tu idea de lo que pasa en Marruecos esta alteradissima. En mi caso, tenia varios primos parados, hoy en dia ninguna persona de mi familia esta en el paro. Y todo eso gracias a las empresas que han abierto estos diez ultimos ańos, el poder adquisitivo dentro de mi familia y en las familias de mis amigos...ha aumentado un monton!! Nunca me fio de las cifras oficiales, pero la gente que compra coches nuevos y apartamentos sin ni siquiera endeudarse mas de lo normal, eso lo veo de mis propios ojos. Casi todos mis compańeros de universidad han encontrado trabajo y sus salarios como principiantes estan entre 4500 DH y mas de 10000 DH!!!

A lo mejor, los campesinos de las montańas del atlas no han visto esta evolucion que estamos viviendo en las ciudades pero tambien les llegara, tarde o temprano.

El PIB esta creciendo entre 5 y 6 por ciento cada ańo, pero tu solo vez lo que a ti te apetece ver y me pareces muy pesimista
Old April 24th, 2010, 02:15 AM   #298
Gölem II

Likes (Received): 2

nice projects, the times i've been in Morocco (i like it because of the desert too much) it seemed to me like a place with very social differences between some cities, Casablanca, Rabat, Tetouan, Tanger and the extremely poor of the rest of the whole country, but people where friendly, poor but friendly!

I also noticed that people from those some cities thought that their country was very developed because in those cities people could go to mc donal's or something like that, like if they where rich, that's what i noticed talking with people, etc, but looking for the rest of the country, the services of cities, etc... a very long way to do, just to be a 2ş world country, but, it's good to make projects of things you don't have with good design!

Oh, another nice thing someone told me is that because having the biggest mall of north Africa he told if in Europe we had something like that (thinking no) but i told him that, may be some city had a bigger mall than that, but cities in Europe had no one, may be 100 of the half size for 50 years.
I mean, what people of cities think, specially Casablanca is very deformed of the reality, only looking with the eyes, buildings and things like that in that city, not the services, the waste treatment to generate energy, social networks in economy orders, science development.
may be in 60-70 years, doing lots of projects (i hope they'll be fantastic) Morocco could to start become the development of those technologies and in the cities not so visual like nice buildings.
For example in Europe the biggest porcentage of money is spent in not visual things, just to make the city to work better (a big subway is something not many places can pay, the new technologies of air treatment the same, etc..)

And 10.000 DH or 20.000 DH... can you really live with that? or only eat and that's all? (just curiosity, I find it really a pittance)
But in general those few projects are beautiful, tramways looks really nice, but in big cities... are not very usefull i suppost it's because of the money (and not to build a metro system), but think in other developements, please, that's something we see from outside, but you don't see inside, and it's something i've seen in my visits to Morocoo and talking with inmigrants here and people there (i like talk)
Gölem II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #299
Tetwani
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gölem II View Post

And 10.000 DH or 20.000 DH... can you really live with that? or only eat and that's all? (just curiosity, I find it really a pittance)
10.000 DH = 1.000 Euros more or less
The minimum to live in Morocco is 1.800 DH = 180 Euros

It's not very different in comparison with european countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Greece or Croatia
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #300
Tetwani
BANNED

Quote:
nice projects, the times i've been in Morocco (i like it because of the desert too much) it seemed to me like a place with very social differences between some cities, Casablanca, Rabat, Tetouan, Tanger and the extremely poor of the rest of the whole country, but people where friendly, poor but friendly!
Morocco is a developping country just like Brazil, Argentina or Colombia, so social differences are quite important. Not just between the four cities you know and the rest of the country but between regions, just like in Spain.
Catalunya is richer than Extremadura, just like Le Grand Casablanca (GDP= Bahrain's GDP) is richer than Al-Hoceima-Taza-Taounate (GDP= Togo's GDP)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroc#PIB_par_r.C3.A9gion

Quote:
I also noticed that people from those some cities thought that their country was very developed because in those cities people could go to mc donal's or something like that, like if they where rich,
You're generalising and that's not intelligent of you

Quote:
Oh, another nice thing someone told me is that because having the biggest mall of north Africa he told if in Europe we had something like that (thinking no) but i told him that, may be some city had a bigger mall than that, but cities in Europe had no one, may be 100 of the half size for 50 years.
Generalising again

Quote:
I mean, what people of cities think, specially Casablanca is very deformed of the reality, only looking with the eyes, buildings and things like that in that city, not the services, the waste treatment to generate energy, social networks in economy orders, science development.
Each one have his own reality. For example: for a guy from Alcobendas (Madrid), reallity is to take metro and train every day to go to work in Gran Via for example, he shops at FNAC or Zara and then go home again. For a poor guy living in Azoreira (a village in Ourense province in Galicia) reality is something else.

"The reality of Morocco" is a false statement, the right one should be "this is how I think the reality of Morocco is/was" and usually European media and specially Spanish media give you a very bad image of Morocco (Poor country, no infrastructure, young women wearing scarves...). This is the reality for a part of our population not even a big part of it (the majority of Moroccans live in cities like Casablanca, Marrakech, Agadir, Fes...)