daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #301
Pavlemadrid
Madrileńian member

Likes (Received): 2492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetwani View Post

Each one have his own reality. For example: for a guy from Alcobendas (Madrid), reallity is to take metro and train every day to go to work in Gran Via for example, he shops at FNAC or Zara and then go home again. For a poor guy living in Azoreira (a village in Ourense province in Galicia) reality is something else.

"The reality of Morocco" is a false statement, the right one should be "this is how I think the reality of Morocco is/was" and usually European media and specially Spanish media give you a very bad image of Morocco (Poor country, no infrastructure, young women wearing scarves...). This is the reality for a part of our population not even a big part of it (the majority of Moroccans live in cities like Casablanca, Marrakech, Agadir, Fes...)
Spain has not poor and rich provinces like you think, the richest (País Vasco) has a GDP per capita of 43.000$, the poorest (Extremadura) around 23.000$, but the reality is all the country has similar wages for the same thing. Of course Madrid has much more possibilities to work than a little village in Ourense, it's logical, but Ourense is not poor of course.
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #302
aaabbbccc

Likes (Received): 385

for some reason I thought spain had an average GDP of 70,000 dollars
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #303
Pavlemadrid
Madrileńian member

Likes (Received): 2492

70.000$? hahaha It's too !
Look at this:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_d...er_c%C3%A1pita

Just one country (and it's a micro country) reaches 70.000$ in the world, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Belgium, etc are around 30-35.000$.
Pavlemadrid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #304
Gölem II

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetwani View Post
Morocco is a developping country just like Brazil, Argentina or Colombia, so social differences are quite important. Not just between the four cities you know and the rest of the country but between regions, just like in Spain.
Catalunya is richer than Extremadura, just like Le Grand Casablanca (GDP= Bahrain's GDP) is richer than Al-Hoceima-Taza-Taounate (GDP= Togo's GDP)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroc#PIB_par_r.C3.A9gion

You're generalising and that's not intelligent of you

Generalising again

Each one have his own reality. For example: for a guy from Alcobendas (Madrid), reallity is to take metro and train every day to go to work in Gran Via for example, he shops at FNAC or Zara and then go home again. For a poor guy living in Azoreira (a village in Ourense province in Galicia) reality is something else.

"The reality of Morocco" is a false statement, the right one should be "this is how I think the reality of Morocco is/was" and usually European media and specially Spanish media give you a very bad image of Morocco (Poor country, no infrastructure, young women wearing scarves...). This is the reality for a part of our population not even a big part of it (the majority of Moroccans live in cities like Casablanca, Marrakech, Agadir, Fes...)
I'm not generalizing, the first time i wrote: 'I NOTICED', so, i'm not saying a global thing, just something I NOTICED, the second about the mall is a comment of a moroccan i met there, NOT GENERALIZING, and i wrote it: someone told me bla bla.. not general things.
Then, i've been talking about the things i saw when i was there not about tv (on tv morocco doesn't exist here)
So, anotherthing, please, don't compare with Brazil or Argentina, which are very developed, are almost in 1 world, not in 3 world, they have lots of things, just they're developing somethings to get richers, not buildings things they never had as Morocco do, but you have to start someday, and now you're doing, but, visit your thousands of villages please, don't stay only in Casa, and if you stay looking only in Casablanca, look around what you have.
About differents between european regions... it's very different i mean, may be in Berlin there are many rich companies of investment, finanzial, etc, and not in Leipzig, but developement is there and people have a huge level of life and the best transport systems /health places in every village, (uhm 180 e is oms... not much, isn't it?, Romania is about 300-500, but its history is very different, comunism, the world wars,etc...)

And.. moving by train is fantastic, and it's something millions of europeans do everyday, it's better than car anyway. But i hope to Morocco again, i love different places.

Last edited by Gölem II; April 24th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Gölem II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #305
Tetwani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gölem II View Post
So, anotherthing, please, don't compare with Brazil or Argentina, which are very developed, are almost in 1 world, not in 3 world, they have lots of things, just they're developing somethings to get richers, not buildings things they never had as Morocco do, but you have to start someday, and now you're doing, but, visit your thousands of villages please, don't stay only in Casa, and if you stay looking only in Casablanca, look around what you have.
I've been too both Argentina and Brazil, your knowledge of Morocco (like the majority of Spanish people) is ZERO
Morocco create its own car manufacturer back in the 60's called SOMACA (was bought by Renault). Morocco has 1200 years of history, the country wasn't created when you've visted the first time. I don't live in Casablanca and I was there once (I stayed in Casa a week, because I hate that city).

Quote:
About differents between european regions... it's very different i mean, may be in Berlin there are many rich companies of investment, finanzial, etc, and not in Leipzig, but developement is there and people have a huge level of life and the best transport systems /health places in every village, (uhm 180 e is oms... not much, isn't it?, Romania is about 300-500, but its history is very different, comunism, the world wars,etc...)
I was wrong, Minimum wage in Morocco is 210 Euros and Minimum wage in Romania is 230 more or less not 300 nor 500...maybe in lei but definetely not Euros
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ro_%26_PPS.png

Quote:
And.. moving by train is fantastic, and it's something millions of europeans do everyday, it's better than car anyway. But i hope to Morocco again, i love different places.
Really!!!
Thank you for explaining me how people live in that far continent of Europe, like I don't know anything about a continent I can take a plane to for less than 30 euros
I've been to Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid (6 months of internship there), Barcelona, London, Varsovia...
Some pix of trains in Morocco:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...iudades&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlemadrid View Post
Spain has not poor and rich provinces like you think, the richest (País Vasco) has a GDP per capita of 43.000$, the poorest (Extremadura) around 23.000$, but the reality is all the country has similar wages for the same thing. Of course Madrid has much more possibilities to work than a little village in Ourense, it's logical, but Ourense is not poor of course.
Tell this to Catalunya that wants its 18% budget back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ovGfluoPs

THIS IS MY LAST ANSWER TO ALL OF YOU, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MOROCCAN PROJECTS, MOROCCANS ARE OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THEIR FUTURE AND DON'T NEED THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OF SOME DEFEATIST OR RACIST FOREIGNERS

I created this thread in the Spanish section to help people change their minds about Morocco: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...uecos+ciudades

Last edited by Tetwani; April 25th, 2010 at 03:43 AM.
Tetwani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #306
Gölem II

Tetwani:
1_I'm not spanish....
2_No one care if you travel or not
3_You don't have to explain anything about Morocco, anyone just has to go there and see, as simple as that, exotic and poor, cities with development and just that, and people... my god, if it's an advanced place.... it's closer to animal world than a civilized place, in terms of acts and cleaness.
We just go there and see what happens.. everyone, it's logical you want to say that where you live is modern and bla bla bla, but we're not stupid... (everybody want to live in a developed place and that people think that their country is rich, but no boy, no, everyone who have gone there will see the same)
This is to answer those things you say about moroccan richness (lol lol lol lol), don't say anymore....it's a big lie.
Regards, and continue those projects, look great (but paid by europeans, as almost everything there, may be you don't know)

Oh, i saw that thread, and i think you think that new buildings or buildings which look modern (that to european seem so so old) means that the country is reach, just a visual concept, as i've said... waht about investment? health? public transports? education? investemnt in universities? etc etc.. but all these will arrive in some years, so, it's good ! things have to go slowly, and Morocco will get very nice

Last edited by Gölem II; April 24th, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Gölem II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #307
mista_a.b

Likes (Received):

Quote:
You don't have to explain anything about Morocco, anyone just has to go there and see, as simple as that, exotic and poor, cities with development and just that, and people... my god, if it's an advanced place.... it's closer to animal world than a civilized place, in terms of acts and cleaness.
We just go there and see what happens.. everyone, it's logical you want to say that where you live is modern and bla bla bla, but we're not stupid... (everybody want to live in a developed place and that people think that their country is rich, but no boy, no, everyone who have gone there will see the same)
This is to answer those things you say about moroccan richness (lol lol lol lol), don't say anymore....it's a big lie.
Regards, and continue those projects, look great (but paid by europeans, as almost everything there, may be you don't know)
So you are saying we are animals. Its not even worth my time arguing with you. Two words: **** off.
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #308
Slaoui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
The biggest liar... you must shut up ! ******* ignorant !
We're not in UE, all our projects are paid by ourselves and by our own money !
Slaoui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #309
aaabbbccc

this is not good this needs to stop morocco is not europe it has so much more to achieve but at least it is improving and doing better morocco is not somalia !
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #310
zazo,
Zeit

Likes (Received): 104

I think he didn't refered you as animals, just come kind of acts of some type of people you can find everywhere more or less, normal
About the money, there're a lot of subsidizes from the UE to third world countries, specially to you, the african people, (many states)
and the european companies, many times also subsidizes by UE, because the european goverments want to develope Morocco, a country with a lot of future.
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #311
mista_a.b

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazo, View Post
I think he didn't refered you as animals, just come kind of acts of some type of people you can find everywhere more or less, normal
About the money, there're a lot of subsidizes from the UE to third world countries, specially to you, the african people, (many states)
and the european companies, many times also subsidizes by UE, because the european goverments want to develope Morocco, a country with a lot of future.
To be honest, he wasnt bringing any constructive critisism to the table only cheap shots, so he shouldnt be on the forum anyways.

With regards to you second point, Morocco doesnt receive subsidies from Europe. At least not substantial ones. We may from time to time receive an aid package to help us develop a specific social sector (not an economic one) such as the promotion of woments rights. Also sometimes, we may receive loans at slighly preferential interest rates but thats it. European companies who invest in morocco, or other african states, do so because its profitable, no out of charity. However, this kind of relationship should be encouraged because its beneficial to both parties.
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #312
6y 4 ever

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Tetwani:
1_I'm not spanish....
3_You don't have to explain anything about Morocco, anyone just has to go there and see, as simple as that, exotic and poor, cities with development and just that, and people... my god, if it's an advanced place.... it's closer to animal world than a civilized place, in terms of acts and cleaness.

Oh, i saw that thread, and i think you think that new buildings or buildings which look modern (that to european seem so so old) means that the country is reach, just a visual concept, as i've said... waht about investment? health? public transports? education? investemnt in universities? etc etc.. but all these will arrive in some years, so, it's good ! things have to go slowly, and Morocco will get very nice
1:It's sooo low of you calling someone an animal that's show how ignorant and scurrilous if you living like one don't try to past that to another
2:and who the hell are you to tell me how we live
get the hek away from this thread and find you'r self a hobby if you are that miserable
3: and we are a Emerging country the same as brazil argentina or china we maybe don't have the same economy bat we have a strong one
as you can see in this map
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier...ng_markets.png

Last edited by 6y 4 ever; April 25th, 2010 at 01:12 AM.
6y 4 ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #313
Daano

Likes (Received): 5

WTF these Spaniards really think their country is WOW....Its thanks to the EU it's not a third world country anymore! And some places still look like shit! Morocco is not heaven but atleast Morocco has a bright future...The economic crisis is killing Spain! Spaniards are leaving Spain for country's like Holland and Belgium now!
Daano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #314
aaabbbccc

I have noticed morocco's worst enemies are algeria and spain not israel
why ?? I may be wrong but there is so much hate that I see between algeria and spain
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #315
Denoordrotterdammer

Likes (Received): 65

Nice project!
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #316
D K

Likes (Received): 2624

Oů est le Zorro qui vient réguličrement nous tirer les oreilles sur le forum marocain? Il ferait mieux de s'occuper de minables ignorants comme ce Golem, qui sévit réguličrement sur les forums ou pages dédiées au Maroc, en étant toujours dans le registre de l'insulte raciale.
D K está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 02:24 AM   #317
Slaoui
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denoordrotterdammer View Post
Nice project!
Thanks Denoordrotterdammer
Old April 25th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #318
Slaoui
BANNED

Quote:
RABAT-SALÉ | Moulay El Hassan Bridge | 1200m L | 12,8 m high | #U-C

It take shape
Old April 25th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #319
aaabbbccc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaoui View Post
It take shape
nice I like it
Old April 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #320
aminechangchun
BANNED

Quote:
Tetwani:
1_I'm not spanish....

Stop masturbation ...... it kills your brain!!!
aminechangchun no está en línea   Reply With Quote