daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #1
hrvat
Get Real

Likes (Received): 0

CROATIA | Projects & Construction

Pelješac Bridge

[IMG]http://i23.************/29vnrwj.jpg[/IMG]

The new Pelješac bridge will be a 2,374-meter (7,790 ft) long, 55-meter (180 ft) high beam and cable-stayed bridge, with a main span of 568 metres (1,860 ft). It will be 21 metres (69 ft) wide, enough to accommodate 4 lanes of traffic. This span will be the second largest in Europe. The two pylons will be 115 metres (380 ft) above the road deck, 170 metres (560 ft) above sea level, and 240 metres (790 ft) above the seabed. The beam part of the bridge will be composed of 10 smaller pylons, each built at 180 metres (590 ft) apart, with a span of 180 meters. The whole bridge will be the 18th longest in Europe.

Beside the construction of the bridge, there will be construction of accessing roads at the both sides of the bridge, including 2 tunnels on Peljesac (one 2,170 metres (7,120 ft) and other 450 metres (1,480 ft) long) as well as two smaller bridges on Peljesac, (one 500 metres (1,600 ft) and another 50 metres (160 ft) long).

It has not yet been announced whether the bridge will form a part of the A1 highway, currently connecting Zagreb and Šestanovac. Because the Croatian territory on the route from Neum to Dubrovnik is a fairly narrow strip of land, albeit implausible, it is not impossible that the highway would be built inland, in Herzegovina, with connections to the coast. Currently, the road from Ploče via the bridge towards Dubrovnik is planned to be a highway. However, the road from Dubrovnik to Debeli Brijeg (border crossing with Montenegro) is not planned as a highway but as an expressway, and even that route is not strictly defined yet.

ZAGREB - Projects & Construction

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
hrvat no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #2
hrvat
Get Real

Zagreb Arena

[IMG]http://i19.************/5yb3ip0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i12.************/4r7bi90.jpg[/IMG]

Arena Zagreb is the name of a future multi-purpose sports hall located in the southwestern part of Zagreb, Croatia (in the Lanište neighborhood of Novi Zagreb). The site will also include a building complex, the Arena Complex (Arena Center), expected to be the largest shopping-entertainment center in the city.

The Croatian Government and the City Government of Zagreb held a public tender for the construction of a sports hall in order to host games in the 2009 World Men's Handball Championship, and later for numerous other sporting, cultural and business events. The hall is supposed to have a 16,300 (15,600 for handball) seating capacity.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #3
hrvat
Get Real

Spaladium Arena

[IMG]http://i23.************/29w5y7k.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i24.************/vddaoy.jpg[/IMG]

Spaladium Arena, a constituent part of Spaladium Centar, will be a modern, multifunctional and technically advanced hall with a seating capacity of 12,000. Located in the centre of Split – the largest Croatian city on the coastline and unique Mediterranean environment, Spaladium Arena will also become the centre of all the most important sporting, entertainment and business events in the region. Sporting events, concerts, congresses, fairs, exhibitions and other events will be held in Spaladium Arena, which the City of Split was previously unable to host due to limited capacity.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #4
hrvat
Get Real

Arena Gradski Vrt

Arena under construction in Osijek.
Capacity - 3600

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #5
hrvat
Get Real

Arena Zadar

Zadar Arena is a multi-use indoor arena in Zadar, Croatia . Completed in May 2008 with a capacity for 8,006 people, it is used mostly for team handball and basketball matches. It will be used as one of the venues during the 2009 World Men's Handball Championship and home matches of KK Zadar.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #6
hrvat
Get Real

Arena Poreč

The smallest arena under construction in croatia with a capacity of 2000 people.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #7
hrvat
Get Real

Varaždin Arena

Varaždin Arena is a multi-use indoor arena in Varaždin, Croatia that is currently under construction. Once completed in 2009, it will be used mostly for team handball and basketball matches. The stadium will have a capacity of 5,400 people. It will be used as one of the venues during the 2009 World Men's Handball Championship.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #8
hrvat
Get Real

Shopping City Zagreb

A mixture of retail, business, entertainment, sport and leisure has been developed for the area which both meets the current needs of the population and demands of commerce while offering a good starting point for future development. The following areas will be developed in various phases. When completed it will be the biggest in Croatia and one of the biggest in Europe.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #9
hrvat
Get Real

New hotel in Zadar

The hotel should be a highrise with 14 floors. It should be built till 2010.

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #10
hrvat
Get Real

Oprah suggests Dubrovnik

If You Love Prague, Try…Dubrovnik, Croatia.

Just as Prague emerged triumphant after the Velvet Revolution, the ancient walled town of Dubrovnik—nestled among the craggy cliffs and sunny beaches of the Dalmatian coast—has long recovered from the Balkan wars of the '90s.

The essentials: Walk the mile-long passageway around Dubrovnik's stone ramparts, overlooking a maze of terracotta roofs. Then enter the peaceful Old Town (which is closed to cars) and unwind at one of the open-air cafés on the main drag, the Stradun, where the architecture spans the Romanesque, Gothic, and Renaissance periods. Then hit the beach—choose from Banje's pebbled shores and Lapad's sandy stretches.

Where to eat: Try the swordfish carpaccio and grilled sea bass at the Atlas Club Nautika, where the people-watching is as good as the food. Croatia's proximity to Italy means pizza places galore; a favorite among locals is Mea Culpa (order the gorgonzola-and-bacon pie).

Where to stay: Hotel prices are high inside the Old Town's walls, but reasonable rates can be found just outside town at the Hotel Argosy, which has elegant interiors and a terrace overlooking the Adriatic (doubles from $236; valamar.com).

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #11
hrvat
Get Real

Hen weekends: Partying in Rovinj, Croatia

I had expected to hear the words “karaoke bar”, “spa”, “Brighton” or “cottage in the Cotswolds” tumble out of Kate’s mouth. Instead, when I asked my friend where we would be heading for her hen weekend, she simply said: “Rovinj.”
“Rovinj?”
“Uh-huh.”
“What’s that? A new nightclub in the West End?”
Kate shot me a patronising look. “No, it’s in Croatia, Bryony.”
In my mind, Croatia was a place linked to conflict. Furthermore, when I googled Rovinj, I found a small fishing town that time seemed to have forgotten, nestled in the northern Istrian peninsula.
This was hardly the stuff that hen dreams were made of. Instead of watching the sun come up on the terrace of an Ibizan superclub, we would probably be tucked up in bed by 10pm. But Kate had her heart set on it. The rest of us consoled ourselves that there would at least be no male strippers.
Yet Rovinj could not have been more perfect for a last hurrah. Its steep cobbled streets may not have been ideal for our high heels (as one girl’s sprained ankle proved), but they were beautiful, and they did contain some of the most charming restaurants serving wonderful Italian fare (Rovinj is just a two-hour ferry ride from Venice, and Italian is spoken alongside Croatian).
The fun did not stop when the final course was served: we had expected early nights when we left for Rovinj, but we craved them by the time we flew back to London. It is easy to exhaust yourself in the plethora of bars that line the Adriatic coast here — bars that we later discovered had played host to the likes of Tom Cruise and Prince William. And so they were suitably chic, featuring huge cushions, candles and cocktails, and a world away from the vomit of Balearic destinations
Days were spent cycling (bikes are easily hired in the town) for just a couple of miles up the coast to almost empty pebbled beaches lined with pine trees. You can catch boats to the 22 islands and islets off the coast of Rovinj; you could stay here for weeks and not get bored, but for those of the group who found swimming and sunbathing dull, there was the nearby hilltop town of Motovun.
Motovun is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. It stages an avant-garde film festival every July and its church was designed by Palladio. The surrounding hills are rich with black and white truffles and vineyards — hardly surprising, then, that you can dine like a queen here.
It was hard to take ourselves back to Rovinj, but that we did, to rest our tired heads at the Villa Angelo d’Oro, a boutique hotel that used to be a bishop’s palace.
That’s the thing about Croatia: as Ryanair now flies into Pula , which is just under 25 miles from Rovinj, a long weekend in the town probably ended up costing us less than that cottage in the Cotswolds.
In the unlikely event that I ever get married, I know where I’ll be spending my hen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ac...,-Croatia.html

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #12
hrvat
Get Real

Black Monolith

[IMG]http://i34.************/ekgxeg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i38.************/nxoau.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/2i9jrl1.jpg[/IMG]

The newest and highest tower U/C in Zagreb.
Height - 160m
Floors - 41

I'm cute? No shit.
Like I care!
Old August 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #13
Chadster93

Likes (Received): 3

Great projects.
Chadster93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote