daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #1
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 88

MUNICH | Public Transport

this network is showin only the subway U-Bahn, not the commuter railway S-Bahn

Here you have a list of all stations. When you click on the names of the stations, a new screen will open with pics of each single station.

http://www.muenchnerubahn.de/netz/ba...ionsabstaende/

on this website, you will find much more information about the system:

http://www.muenchnerubahn.de/

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by pflo777; November 12th, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #2
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 1066

this is one of the best metro system in the wolrd (or at least in Europe), it's fast, clean and the stations look great. it's my favorite one!!! i hope i could go to Muenchen soon to ride this wonderful U-Bahn!!! i hope they will extend 'my' line U4 towards Englschalking, even if they are considering if it is useful in order to replace the futere extention with a tram line. i wish they keep building that wonderful system.
i like the newest stations most. so inventive and interesting.

₪₪₪
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
₪₪₪
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪

₪₪₪
₪₪₪
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #3
superchan7
EOS 40D

Likes (Received): 3

Is the new C-stock becoming more common now? I stayed there for 2 months in 2004 and only saw the C trains once or twice, and only on one line.
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 5085

It's a fantastic network! Looks very modern and I do love the new C stock trains too, much better than the older rolling stock.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #5
pflo777
BANNED

here you can see some pics of the ongoing extension to Moosach.

Old November 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #6
pflo777
BANNED

here is a pic of one of my favourite stations:

"Gern"

looks like from a matrix movie...

Old November 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #7
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Likes (Received): 62

Future plans

I found a future map....Munich seems to be the only city in Germany which is extending their subway network...

...Maybe someone from Munich could tell me which from this extensions will be buildt in the next years!?

The map today:

The future map:

beta29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #8
pflo777
BANNED

neither the extension of the U5 to Pasing, nor the extension of the U4 to Engelschalking will be built within the next years. But both extensions are planned to be built later.

I am not sure about S7 extension to geretsried, there are still discussions about it.

Definately planned is the construciton of the second S-Bahn trunk line in the city center.

The problem with it are the extreme costs of around 1,8 billion € for the 45m deep and 6 km long tunnel. In your diagramm, S5 and S6 are using it to cross the downtown area.
But if built, more lines thant just these 2 will use it---we`ll see...
Old November 15th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #9
nastyathenian
Metrophile

Likes (Received): 543

This is the most beautiful subway system in Germany. Combined with the S-Bahn, it provides one of the most efficient public transport systems in Europe.
nastyathenian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #10
BauIng
SkyscraperCity Addict

Likes (Received): 19

nice pics !!!

"Technique is not everything.
But without technique everything is nothing."
BauIng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #11
Isek

Likes (Received): 833

Actually you can assume the link betwenn "Am Hart" U2 and "Fröttmaning" U6 as proposed.

To draw the S5 and S6 using the second S-Bahn city crossing ist very arbitrarily . The it is very uncertain how the fututre S-Bahn network will look once the second city crossing is completed.

And "yes" you will see C-Type trainsets very frequently on tracks. There are days where i just ride C-Type trains.

Although the density of the network is very high (you have to add light rail to the drawn map) the service off peak is too light.
If the American dream is about individuals moving up in the world – a headlong thrust to be part of the 1% – the German dream might have more to do with individuals changing it, ensuring that life isn’t too bad for the 99%.
Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM   #12
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Likes (Received): 62

Thanks for this informations...

I´ll add some station pics....so modern, clean....I wish we would have them in Berlin..

beta29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 05:01 AM   #13
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Wow Beta, those are some amazing pictures of the newer stations on the network. Munich seems to have even outdone Berlin on the quality of the stations!
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:10 AM   #14
RzgR Spijkenisse
Raised in Spijkenisse NL

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, I really love the Westfriedhof station. Great pics.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM   #15
thun

There are several proposed maps for the network layout with the future second tunnel. On the German wikipedia, you can find for example two:

This one shows the same proposion than the map above: A second tunel north of the existing one:

This one shows a proposed alternative using the existing railway connection between Laim and Ostbahnhof (nowadays used only by Deutsche Bahn
trains) south of the centre:

However, I also found a map of the whole transportation network (including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, tram, bus and BOB-trains):
thun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:45 AM   #16
alta-bc
alta-bc

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thun View Post
However, I also found a map of the whole transportation network (including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, tram, bus and BOB-trains):
This is not the whole network. The regular inner city buses are not on it, nor are the regional buses, which overlap quite a bit with the S-Bahn network.

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/index.html
alta-bc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #17
erbse
BANNED

Likes (Received): 33472

I just love the subway system of Munich! It's modern, efficiently and it offers some really beautiful stations aswell. Also the trains are presentable... I'm jealous
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #18
Mackem

Likes (Received): 8

Between the U-bahn, S-bahn & trams the public transport system in Munich is fantastic compared to British cities. The system is clean efficient and very comprehensive. Alittle graffitti removal would make it perfect.
Mackem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:38 AM   #19
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
Between the U-bahn, S-bahn & trams the public transport system in Munich is fantastic compared to British cities. The system is clean efficient and very comprehensive. Alittle graffitti removal would make it perfect.
The transportation system in Munich beats most cities of a similar size in the world. Munich has the best transportation system I've ever come across for a city of its size!
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #20
Bitxofo
ˇViva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 937

Munich metro is great!

Very useful and beautiful, both things can be together in a metro system.

Εγώ είμαι ο Νταβόρ!!
David (DavoR for my friends)
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
munich