daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 15th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #1
ukiyo
モデレータ judging your posts

Likes (Received): 2797

FUKUOKA (KYUSHU) | Public Transport

This thread is dedicated to the urban transport systems of the Fukuoka-Kitakyushu area and Kyushi in general.

Transportation overview
The Fukuoka metropolitan area is Japan's 4th largest after Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya. While the urban transport in Fukuoka is far less impressive than those 3 it is still quite developed with a relatively extensive rail system and it even has it's own monorail the "kitakyushu monorail".

Rail Statistics *note these statistics are very under reported since JR Kyushu's 11 urban lines are not included as they are too difficult to calculate.
Fukuoka-Kitakyushu rail usage: 666,591 daily; 243 million yearly. Including JR mentioned above the real figure is most likely 2-3x what I listed.
Fukuoka Subway alone: 348,319 daily; 127 million yearly.

Map of the greater Fukuoka-Kitakyushu rail system:

Full size can be viewed here: http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...o.jpg~original (click the image for full size).

Map made by FML http://www.mukiryoku.com/railmap_e.html
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

please stop by!

浮世

Last edited by ukiyo; April 15th, 2014 at 01:47 PM.
ukiyo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 17th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #2
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 4679

I am really upset to see there are few japanese forumers...

|
|
|
|

supports strongly this thread
Highcliff está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 02:29 AM   #3
Klausenburg

Likes (Received): 745

This is another Japonese thread...Amazing how little we know about Public Transport of this country...
Klausenburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #4
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcliff View Post
Why would they come here when there are plenty of websites and online resources in Japanese? One reason there are so many threads at SSC are that there few such other places for many non-native speakers of English to share info about esoteric topics in their native language on the web, obviously not an issue for Japanese.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 3209

As these pictures from Falubaz are so good and still pertinent to the discussion, I'll quote them from the old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falubaz View Post
All japanese public transportation systems are in just one huge thread.
I thought they should have their own threads. So here i start a new one
with my own pics taken last summer in Fukuoka.
I hope u all will add some more plus info and news from this great metro system.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
The metro map

Fukuoka is the only japanese metro system that use unique symbols/logos identify each station.
This is very common in Mexico, but not in other metros. I think its a great idea especially
for tourists to remember the station.
Quote:

Quote:

What i dont like is the extremly long transfer walk at the Tenjin station.
It has a lot of shops, restos and stuff but it takes ages to reach the other line.

My Photo Tours:

geometarkv liked this post
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Still quoting from Falubaz:

Quote:

Quote:

I think this type (only half) of the automatic platform gates look way better than the full screen doors.
They let you see the train and the station doesnt look narrow and even claustrophobic (just like
in case of the full doors)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I still have some more pics.

Quote:
Some of the newest line 3 (green)

Quote:
And the last 3 pics i took in Fukuoka

My Photo Tours:

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by Svartmetall; April 17th, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old April 18th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #7
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 930

Do i need to go there again for some fresh pics? Nodoby travels to Japan?

₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪

₪₪₪
₪₪₪
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 02:18 AM   #8
ukiyo
モデレータ judging your posts

Likes (Received): 2797

In the Japan forum there's many pics from Fukuoka from people's travels . Most likely I will spend a lot of time there this august visiting my grandparents so I will take tons of pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcliff View Post
There are a few, some of them never post though and just lurk, maybe lack of english. A lot of other ones have stopped posting about 2 years ago for some reason. I think active "japanese" forummers = castermaild55, japanese001, myself (though I am not as "japanese" as those 2), and unfortunately that's it as far as very active japanese posters. There's about a dozen more japanese who post but usually once a month at most. Then more importantly we have the non-japanese posters who are very knowledgeable on Japan who have either visited many times, lived in Japan or currently live there. Quashlo and Momo1435 being the best examples of that. They know much more about their respective topics of interest than the majority of japanese

please stop by!

浮世

Falubaz liked this post

Last edited by ukiyo; April 18th, 2014 at 02:28 AM.
ukiyo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM   #9
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Do i need to go there again for some fresh pics? Nodoby travels to Japan?
I was in Japan in December and have plans to go again in the near future - I posted pictures in the Tokyo thread.

Maybe you're right though, I should go again sooner...

My Photo Tours:

Old January 15th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #10
Sr.Horn
t con pastas member

Likes (Received): 3022

305 series Kyushu Railway Company

The 305 series is a DC EMU commuter train type for the Chikuhi Line and Fukuoka Subway Kuko Line through-running services.

The first set, numbered W1, was delivered to Karatsu Depot in December 2014. On January 8, JR Kyushu hold a presentation to the press.

This is the first train introduced on that line in 15 years since the 303 series. The 305 series trains will be formed as six-car sets.

The fleet will be 36 vehicles (six six-car sets) in total, built by Hitachi at a cost of approximately 5.7 billion yen, with styling overseen by industrial designer Eiji Mitooka.

The 305 series has organized in six cars: KUHA 305-1 + Moha 305-1 + Moha 304-1 + Moha 305-101 + Moha 304-101 + KUHA 304-1. Total capacity is 851 people (seating 291 persons, standing 560 persons).

Compared with other series, the 305 series reduces power consumption by approximately 50% compared with existing 103 series trains.

Passenger accommodation will consist of longitudinal bench seating with space for wheelchairs or strollers in each car. Large liquid-crystal display screens will be used for providing passenger information, and LED lighting will be used throughout. Car 1 will feature wooden flooring.

The 305 series will enter in service on February 5.

Source:
rail.hobidas.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/305_series

Svartmetall liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #11
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 930

Although just a through service - will that be the first metro train with WC?

₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪
₪₪₪

₪₪₪
₪₪₪
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 02:10 PM   #12
Sr.Horn
t con pastas member

Likes (Received): 3022

Through service on Kuko Line. This train will run on JR Chikuhi Line, from Meinohama to Karatsu: 42,6 km + 13,1 km (Kuko Line).

BTW current 303 and 103-1500 series running on Chikuhi and through Kuko Line has toilet too.

Svartmetall liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, subway