daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Bursty13

Likes (Received): 0

And what about money?

Hey =)
I hope you didn't talk too much about that before, but I searched and I didn't find any thread on the cost of skyscrappers. I've seen gorgeous pictures and amazing projects on this board, and I'm really impressed each time I read a new thread, most buildings look great and there're many interesting informations such as the surface, tall, etc... But it's very rare to read a skyscraper's cost. Maybe it's kept confidential because even by searching on google I can't find any information on that, and I've absolutely no idea of how much a skyscrapper can cost! I guess it's something between 500,000,000$ and more than a billiard for a high rise structure but maybe I'm totally wrong!

So if you've general informations on that, or if you found the cost of a well known (or not!) skyscrapper somewhere, feel free to share your knowledges!!

PS: Sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable.
PS 2 : I hope it's in the good section
Bursty13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:17 AM   #2
iDRAFT

Likes (Received): 1

It really depends on the building. Obviously, the bigger the building the bigger the cost. There are a ton of factors that go into the price. Some of them being size, location and building materials. An average skyscraper can cost a couple million but when a building is slated to become one of the very advanced and flashy, it can cost upwards of a billion dollars. Like I said, it really depends on how and what the building is built.

Some examples
Empire State building-$40,948,900 about 41 million(built in the 1930s so 41 million was a really big deal)
Taipei 101-$1.8 Billion
Bank of America Tower-1 billion
iDRAFT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #3
kazetuner
Perito Mercantil XD

Likes (Received): 38

it also depends on where it getting build beacuse many time they include the cost of the land in the total cost. itīs not the same to build a skyscraper in, say London than in Buenos Aires.