daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 4.14 average.
Old November 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #121
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 625

It is the sky-pier which connects the main terminal building to the aerobridge. And give them some time buddy, I am sure it will be connected up!
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #122
d_rk

Likes (Received): 104

i really like that they are using the while color in steel frames.. which will really give it a pure and spacious look and also the terminal will be bright from inside.... just like HKIA or Pudong airport..
d_rk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #123
vinodtnt
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 386

Lack of norms mar prospects of duty-free biz

Chandigarh: The duty-free industry at India’s international airports is fast turning out to be a free for all.

Lack of transparent rules and procedures in awarding franchising contracts to run duty-free shops at international airports across the country has triggered off a spate of allegations and counter-allegations on creation of monopoly and loss of revenue to airport operators.

In the wake of modernisation, expansion and privatisation of several international airports by the Airport Authority of India (AAI) including Mumbai airport by Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), there has been a flurry of interest among international franchisees to secure contracts to run duty-free shops at these revamped and expanded airport terminals and understandably so since on completion, expansion and modernisation of all airports, total area available for duty-free shops is expected to increase manifold.

According to industry estimates, the total duty-free market is poised to hit $ 1 billion by 2010.

However, despite the burgeoning duty-free business, airport operators are yet to evolve well laid out transparent bidding procedures for franchisees. AAI is currently working on expansion and modernisation of airports at Amritsar, Jaipur, Lucknow and Trivandrum.

While Lucknow project is at initial stages, new facilities at the three other cities are expected to be up and running in the next few months. But significantly, AAI while deciding to seek re-tendering for franchisee contracts to run duty-free shops at Jaipur and Trivandrum, has decided against it in case of Amritsar, sparking off charges that the government owned operator is keen to shield one of the most lucrative duty-free markets from competition.

Amritsar airport has seen the highest growth in international passenger traffic compared to Jaipur and Trivandrum. In absolute terms, international passenger numbers at Trivandrum are around one million compared to half a million in Amritsar but absolute duty-free sales at Amritsar is equal to that in Trivandrum.

In other words, average spend per passenger at Amritsar is double than that of Trivandrum. Jaipur on the other hand has less than a quarter million of international passengers.

vinodtnt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM   #124
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 83

Guys, any update on the works on Airport flyover? We just have under 4 months to complete the works now, otherwise passengers will have to cross TS Canal in boat to reach the new terminal...

Also we have not yet got to see the flyover design here in this thread. Any chance for you guys to dig it up? It came in Manorama and Kaumudi on the day of foundation stone laying, but we are still in dark as to the design.
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #125
sreekumar

Likes (Received): 1

Hi ,

I am unbale to view this pictures .
Please send me this by mail to"kumarbs@eim.ae"

regards,
sreekumar
sreekumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #126
sreekumar

Likes (Received): 1

Hi ,

I am unable to view the pictures of TRV airport new terminal buldings posted on 25th Novemebr. Curious to see the current status . Could you please send the same ?
sreekumar
sreekumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:46 AM   #127
ajithv
BANNED

Likes (Received): 328

"Counter Terrorist Contingency Plan" will be implemented @Thiruvananthapuram International Airport as reported by Kairali News.This is the second airport to implement this plan in South India after Chennai.
ajithv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #128
mindcurry

Likes (Received): 0

New TIA Terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkaran07 View Post
On my next vacation in March to Kerala I will

fly in Emirates 380 (JFK to DBX) - The largest passenger airliner in the world,

Transit at Dubai International Airport ( Terminal 3 - Opened in Oct 2008 ) - Terminal 3 is the single largest terminal building in the world, with over 1.5 km2 (0.58 sq mi) of space. The Terminal has an annual capacity of 43 million passengers.

Land at Trivandrum International Airport - New Terminal ( What can it claim ? ) .

Can someone please post some updates on the new TIA terminal.

Dear Hkaran,
First of all, in March 2009, you will not be landing at the new Terminal in Trivandrum coz it will still be under construction!!
But consider yourself not so unlucky, since there is nothing much to offer or to claim. Mmmm..perhaps a coffee from Coffee Day? or a vegetable puffs from Skyb@r? If you are looking at stats, well..when completed, the new TIA will not meet the passenger capacity requirements at that time because of our excellent planning. I think we use this smiley in such instances here
mindcurry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #129
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

- For starters, we will have one of the most modern terminal buildings in India, a true architectural icon that we can be proud of, unlike the dumpy buildings that are found elsewhere.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:29 AM   #130
BabuCS
C. S. Babu

Likes (Received): 43

I am optimistic that hkaran07 will land at the new TIA in March .. though I would have wished an extended journey for his 380 to TIA!! Looking forward to see the pictures of the plush interiors of new TIA terminal from hkaran07.
BabuCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #131
harikg

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT TIA DEVELOPMENT WORKS

The Public Information Officer, Tvm Airport has given to me in writing the following information in response to my letter sent to The Director, Tvm Airport under the Right to Information Act.

The order for aerobridges for the present International terminal at TIA has already been given. The Project is likely to be commissioned in March 2009.

Three aerobridges are planned in the new Terminal under construction, expected to be commissioned in June 2009.

The total number of parking bays at present available in TIA is 11 ( 5 for A320, 4 for AB300, 1each for B767 and B747)

The total bays proposed in the new terminal is 8 (3 for wide bodied aircrafts like B747, B767, etc) and the remaining 5 for smaller aircrafts like A320, B737, etc.
harikg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #132
Tri Man

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikg View Post
The Public Information Officer, .......

The total number of parking bays at present available in TIA is 11 ( 5 for A320, 4 for AB300, 1each for B767 and B747)

The total bays proposed in the new terminal is 8 (3 for wide bodied aircrafts like B747, B767, etc) and the remaining 5 for smaller aircrafts like A320, B737, etc.
Does it mean reduction in capacity ?
Tri Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #133
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Man View Post
Does it mean reduction in capacity ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 8 parking bays for the new terminal is exclusively for the Int'l aircrafts. The old terminal would then become the Domestic Terminal and it would still retain the aerobridges and parking bays at the Shankhumugahm side.

So this new 8 parking bays and aerobridges would constitute extra developments as per my understanding. I may be wrong here, but with the Phase II u/c and expected to be commissioned in an year, this isn't a frightening handicap for the airport.

Phase I would be able to handle 8 aircrafts including 5 wide-bodied jets; and with Phase II the capacity will be doubled! So I dont see a glitch in the planning but the most important thing is seeing how the new terminal is going to function. Afterall we are going to get the most sexy looking airport terminal in India!!
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #134
jadugar1984
Ragesh Manohar

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikg View Post
The Public Information Officer, Tvm Airport has given to me in writing the following information in response to my letter sent to The Director, Tvm Airport under the Right to Information Act.

The order for aerobridges for the present International terminal at TIA has already been given. The Project is likely to be commissioned in March 2009.

Three aerobridges are planned in the new Terminal under construction, expected to be commissioned in June 2009.

Then how about the A380 flights which is possible to be landed in Trivandrum in future. Is there any place reserved for this Giant? ... We should look in to the future as a lot of Great projects of international standards on line.
jadugar1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #135
killerk

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadugar1984 View Post
Then how about the A380 flights which is possible to be landed in Trivandrum in future. Is there any place reserved for this Giant? ... We should look in to the future as a lot of Great projects of international standards on line.
U must be joking!!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #136
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

- Scorpio: You are spot on. The only concern is that the New Terminal may already be behind the curve with existing International traffic.

As for the A 380, it is a long way from being deployed on routes to anywhere but Mumbai and Delhi. Even then, our runway already has the requisite length. All that is needed is widening and strenghtening of the taxiways. Any airport capable of handling the Boeing 747 can easily adapt to the A 380, that is the whole idea.
Old December 13th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #137
jadugar1984
Ragesh Manohar

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
-
As for the A 380, it is a long way from being deployed on routes to anywhere but Mumbai and Delhi. Even then, our runway already has the requisite length. All that is needed is widening and strenghtening of the taxiways. Any airport capable of handling the Boeing 747 can easily adapt to the A 380, that is the whole idea.
Thanks Ajay. That's what i wanted to know!

As Trivandrum is growing fast with the kind of projects of international standards we can really expect A380 in future. We can wait and Watch.

So man Killerk there is nothing to joke about on this.
jadugar1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #138
satsk3

Likes (Received): 55

Mihin flies high again

X-Post from "Tiruchi Airport"
Quote:
Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
Mihin Lanka will be flying to Tiruchi from Colombo using Boeing 737-800 from the date of December 21st 2008. The Boeing 737-800 can carry upto 186 passengers. Mihin Lanka also launching flights to Trivandrum, Male' and Dubai on the same date.

Mihin Lanka was flying to Bangkok, Bodh Gaya, Dubai, Male', Singapore, Tiruchi, and Trivandrum before halt operation as of Global Financial Crisis.

Mihin Lanka at Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport
http://www.dailynews.lk/2008/12/11/news01.asp
www.airsrilanka.tk
Sri Lanka’s budget airline, Mihin Lanka is to resume flights from December 21, an airline official said.

The airline will lease an aircraft from France to re-launch these operations, which will fly daily to Dubai, Trichy and Trivandrum with the resumption of the flight.

Mihin, which was flying to Trichy, Trivandrum, Buddhagaya, Maldives, Bangkok and Singapore, halted operations. Mihin flights have been operating with a 60 per cent load factor which was very encouraging.
satsk3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #139
killerk

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadugar1984 View Post
Thanks Ajay. That's what i wanted to know!

As Trivandrum is growing fast with the kind of projects of international standards we can really expect A380 in future. We can wait and Watch.

So man Killerk there is nothing to joke about on this.
U have absolutely no clue about the intricacies of the aviation industry!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #140
jaleelmalik
Trivandrum Tiger

Likes (Received): 46

Hari, I also fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcurry View Post
Dear Hkaran,
First of all, in March 2009, you will not be landing at the new Terminal in Trivandrum coz it will still be under construction!!
But consider yourself not so unlucky, since there is nothing much to offer or to claim. Mmmm..perhaps a coffee from Coffee Day? or a vegetable puffs from Skyb@r? If you are looking at stats, well..when completed, the new TIA will not meet the passenger capacity requirements at that time because of our excellent planning. I think we use this smiley in such instances here
Dear Hari, I fear whether you could fly by Emirates to Dubai.
Due to the global economic crisis, Emirates is suffering. Already 30 % of their shares rae owned by the Abu Dhabi. May be by the beginning of 2009, there won't be any Emirates and it shall be Etihad.

Tags
international airport, trivandrum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: