daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum

Irish Architecture Forum For architecture in both the North and South

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #21
937delta

Likes (Received): 0

You should be interested in new developments in either city instead of berating what is already there. Grow up ffs

Who are these people who don't have anything to say, then complain about what other people say. Oh and then dictate, what we should or should not discuss. Away back and watch Coronation Street!!!!!!

PS. Belfast is a much smaller city than Dublin, however the potential in Belfast is amazing with its industrious past. A part from Guinness what has Dublin ever made or built?
937delta no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #22
PB-1888

Keano must be from Cork
PB-1888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #23
cubix

So delta you start off your post by vilifying the standard of debate which is fine,then at the same time you make a comment like "belfast has more potential, what has dublin ever built" exactly what kind of idiot are you??you have managed to contradict yourself within the space of a few lines,please tell me you are stoned,or else i will have to ignore your comments from now on due to lack of credibility
cubix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #24
odlum833

Likes (Received): 582

I cant believe any comparison can be made between Belfast and Dublin - Belfast is a town comapred to Dublin. As for size - you must be on a drug of some sort if you think Belfast comapares to the Greater Dublin area - it does not.

As for Guinness - check where your computer is made next time! Check where the chip comes from. It is not from that economic disaster zone of Northern Ireland. A regime that would make Joe Stalin proud. If he were not sponging as much of course!

Dublin is the economic center of this Island - that will be realised.
odlum833 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #25
heatonparkincakes

Likes (Received): 306

Ah the force of argument always wins the day. So an Irish version.

Well done. Just dont that wiggly on here lads....

And as for the cyber hoolies who want to start a daft argument................
heatonparkincakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #26
937delta

cubix-your comprehension is poor its embarrassing. Log out and get yourself a new name. Give it a couple of days and then post again, maybe nobody will notice.
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #27
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 79

I can't wait to get mod powers here and lock this thread.
You know a few years ago there was a forum here called city vs city. That was thrown away because of the insane amount of arguments and now no more city vs city threads are allowed anymore.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #28
odlum833

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
I can't wait to get mod powers here and lock this thread.
You know a few years ago there was a forum here called city vs city. That was thrown away because of the insane amount of arguments and now no more city vs city threads are allowed anymore.

Quote:
Belfast is a much smaller city than Dublin, however the potential in Belfast is amazing with its industrious past. A part from Guinness what has Dublin ever made or built

Hold on, he asked - it is only right he is put in his place.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #29
PB-1888

"As for size - you must be on a drug of some sort if you think Belfast comapares to the Greater Dublin area"

Go to Wikipedia - it states both Belfast and Dublin cover an area of 44sq miles, with Belfast slightly bigger by 0.4sq miles.

I didn't deny the population difference, hence my Karachi comment.

"So delta you start off your post by vilifying the standard of debate.."

In fairness Cubix, delta wasn't vilifying the standard of the debate, I thought Keano was.

"As for Guinness - check where your computer is made next time"

Regarding Delta's comment, I think he is probably referring to home grown products as opposed to blow in multinationals. I'll leave him to argue that one.

"A regime that would make Joe Stalin proud"

I've said before I find NI's politics and politicians embarrassing. They are either fascists or bigots or both, and in my opinion bear no relation to the proper, hard working and innovative people of Belfast that make my city great. Though your lot in the South are hardly exemplars either, corruption is rife. Using Joe Stalin is excessive odium, I trust you accept that.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #30
PB-1888

Malec, I was unaware that such a previous forum existed. I was hoping to have a rather light hearted debate between Belfast and Dublin. It is incredulous (or is it?) that people can't just engage as adults.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #31
odlum833

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-1888 View Post
Using Joe Stalin is excessive odium, I trust you accept that.

No - What percentage of 'your' population is in Public employment? - remind us please before I remind you.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #32
odlum833

Quote:

Go to Wikipedia - it states both Belfast and Dublin cover an area of 44sq miles, with Belfast slightly bigger by 0.4sq miles.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #33
937delta

I can't wait to get mod powers here and lock this thread

A dictator amongst us, no drinking at the party please. If you don't like reading what people write go away. There is a recession on not a lot happening. so what if folk are bored and want to talk absolute nonsense.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #34
937delta

Dublin is a huge city compared to Belfast, go to google earth and stay at the same height pan between the 2. When I mean city I mean the 'continuously built up area'. As for Cork well its a village.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #35
odlum833

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937delta View Post
Dublin is a huge city compared to Belfast, go to google earth and stay at the same height pan between the 2.

Dublin is Leinster basically and this poster I was quoting think Belfast is bigger. Its not a slight - I love Blefast - but it is a town tbh. It is not a real city.
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #36
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Malec, I was unaware that such a previous forum existed. I was hoping to have a rather light hearted debate between Belfast and Dublin. It is incredulous (or is it?) that people can't just engage as adults.
Well this is the internet, what do you expect

Quote:
I can't wait to get mod powers here and lock this thread

A dictator amongst us, no drinking at the party please. If you don't like reading what people write go away. There is a recession on not a lot happening. so what if folk are bored and want to talk absolute nonsense.
Well if people stop calling each other names and stuff then it stays, it doesn't matter what people talk about, just that it stays civil.
And you're absolutely right. This forum is no democracy, never was and never will be

And yes Cork is a village I agree
And Dublin a huge city? For the Chinese it's a village too.

I wonder, how far down the list Dublin would be in China. And then compare it's position with a city / town in Ireland with the same position.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #37
cubix

Quote:
cubix-your comprehension is poor its embarrassing. Log out and get yourself a new name. Give it a couple of days and then post again, maybe nobody will notice.
Is is possible for somebody to bring some sanity to this post and at least back me up, just to ensure im not going crazy,odlum you seem like a logical guy,your recent post was a blatant and irreversible contradiction,so much so that the above post was the only way for you to respond,are you not man enough to correct yourself??
cubix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #38
937delta

Dublin is Leinster basically and this poster I was quoting think Belfast is bigger. Its not a slight - I love Blefast - but it is a town tbh. It is not a real city.

Would someone please translate this to english.
Define a city.
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #39
937delta

Belfast is a much smaller city than Dublin, however the potential in Belfast is amazing with its industrious past. A part from Guinness what has Dublin ever made or built?

Cubix

There are 2 sentences here. Lets look at the bold bit -however the potential in Belfast is amazing with its industrious past. You see belfast actually was a larger city than Dublin at the turn of the century - why?- because of its industry. It grew and grew etc. Now the workers of Belfast are industrious and if the conditions were right then this highly educated city could drive itself far forward.

Now A part from Guinness what has Dublin ever made or built? this is a question based on the fact that Dublin is more of an aristocratic type of city, and the question is highlighting this fact.

So cubix what is your problem with what I am trying to say
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #40
937delta

Is is possible for somebody to bring some sanity to this post and at least back me up, just to ensure im not going crazy,odlum you seem like a logical guy,your recent post was a blatant and irreversible contradiction,so much so that the above post was the only way for you to respond,are you not man enough to correct yourself??

Look you are doing it again, are you saying that odlum's last post was 'a blatant............... or are you talking about me. The sentence would suggest you are talking about odlum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: