daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:22 AM   #61
bubomb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm
Ibrox is clearly superior, doesn't it have a higher rating?

Ibrox is a UEFA 5 star stadium. Celtic park has no stars. You are either a 5 star, 4 star, or no star stadium. This list will be updated in May 2006, when a lot of the new German stadiums will receive 5 and 4 star ratings.

http://www.fussballtempel.net/uefa/4and5stars.html
bubomb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM   #62
Martuh
×××

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYU
I think lots of countries can host a World Cup. For example.
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, USA, France, England, Spain, Italy, Holland?, Portugal?, Sweden?, Norway?, Russia?, Poland?, Ireland, Japan, Korea, China, South Africa. This are the countries I consider taht are prepare to host a World Cup.
How about whole United Kingdom / Ireland hosting?

ENG - Wembley - 90.000
IRL - Croke Park - 82.500
WAL - Millennium Stadium - 75.000
ENG - Twickenham - 75.000
ENG - Old Trafford - 75.000
SCO - Murrayfield - 67.500
SCO - Celtic Park - 60.000
ENG - Stanley Park - 60.000
ENG - Emirates - 60.000
ENG - St. James - 52.000
SCO - Ibrox - 50.000
ENG - Light Stadium - 50.000

Twelve stadiums, all 50.000 or larger.
Martuh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM   #63
BobDaBuilder

Likes (Received): 1

FIFA won't do joint bids any more.

England could host it no problems by itself, Scotland could definately do the European Nations. Ireland, is basically like Tasmania hosting a world cup. Nice in theory.
BobDaBuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM   #64
Martuh
×××

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDaBuilder
FIFA won't do joint bids any more.

England could host it no problems by itself, Scotland could definately do the European Nations. Ireland, is basically like Tasmania hosting a world cup. Nice in theory.
That's right, but UK's almost one country innit. (and you're right about Ireland though)
Martuh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM   #65
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

If the bidding was similar to 2006 and before then I doubt you'd get a UK bid as any advantage in stadiums would be outweighed by the disadvantage of joint hosts taking up more spaces. If its based purely on political negoiations within FIFA in the other hand I could see England hosting it while some games were played in Wales/Scotland/NI without them getting auto qualification.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 02:06 PM   #66
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

List of stadiums in Malaysia..most are athletic stadiums but mostly use for football matches all year round. All stadium are all seater excpet merdeka stadium which si the oldest in the country.

NATIONAL STADIUM (Bukit Jalil): 100.000
SELANGOR (Shah Alam Stadium): 80.000
KUALA LUMPUR (Merdeka Stadium): 40.000
PAHANG (Darulmakmor Stadium): 40.000
PENANG (Batu Kawan Stadium): 40.000
MALACCA(Hang Jebat Stadium): 40.000
PERAK (Perak Stadium): 40.000
SARAWAK (State Stadium): 40.000
KEDAH (Darulaman Stadium): 40.000
BRUNEI (Hassanal Bolkiah): 35.000
JOHOR (Tan Sri Hassan Yunos): 30.000
PERLIS (Utama Stadium): 30.000
SABAH (Likas Stadium): 30.000
KELANTAN (Sultan Mohamed 4 Stadium): 30.000
NEGERI SEMBILAN (Tengku Abdul Rahman): 30.000
KUALA LUMPUR (KLFA Stadium): 25.000
MALACCA (Kubu Stadium): 20.000
TERENGGANU (Sultan Ismail Nasaridin Shah): 20.000
PENANG (City Stadium): 20.000
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM   #67
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

Shah Alam Stadium

Kuching Stadium

national Stadium

Shah Alam
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 02:14 PM   #68
BobDaBuilder

Very impressive. How come you never hear about Malaysian teams? Do they get anyone to actually turn up to matches there?
BobDaBuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM   #69
kingdomca

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubomb
Ibrox is a UEFA 5 star stadium. Celtic park has no stars. You are either a 5 star, 4 star, or no star stadium. This list will be updated in May 2006, when a lot of the new German stadiums will receive 5 and 4 star ratings.

http://www.fussballtempel.net/uefa/4and5stars.html
But Celtic´s only "problems" are about the size of the referee´s dressing room and such matters. It could be made 5-star without anyone noticing the difference.
Indeed, I thought there were plans to do that but perhaps they didnt feel it was worth it to get this 5-star rating. It cant be used for much as I believe Hampden is a 5-star venue and I cant see a 2nd Glasgow venue gaining anything from that.
Has it brought anything to Ibrox? except for a (pointless) stick to beat celtic with, of course

I understand UEFA´s needs for ranking venues on technical issues but it shouldnt be over interpreted or perhaps there should be another ranking of more relevance to most people´s experience of the place.

I mean imagine an, unlikely, design error made the referee´s dressing room at new Wembley a square foot too small, well that would be wembley off the 5-star list.
While this is obviously not going to happen, it is probably reality in some great stadiums, where for instance dressing rooms could be located in an older part of the structure making it difficult, expensive and uneccessary to fully modernise.
kingdomca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 03:21 PM   #70
bubomb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomca
But Celtic´s only "problems" are about the size of the referee´s dressing room and such matters. It could be made 5-star without anyone noticing the difference.
Indeed, I thought there were plans to do that but perhaps they didnt feel it was worth it to get this 5-star rating. It cant be used for much as I believe Hampden is a 5-star venue and I cant see a 2nd Glasgow venue gaining anything from that.
Has it brought anything to Ibrox? except for a (pointless) stick to beat celtic with, of course

I understand UEFA´s needs for ranking venues on technical issues but it shouldnt be over interpreted or perhaps there should be another ranking of more relevance to most people´s experience of the place.

I mean imagine an, unlikely, design error made the referee´s dressing room at new Wembley a square foot too small, well that would be wembley off the 5-star list.
While this is obviously not going to happen, it is probably reality in some great stadiums, where for instance dressing rooms could be located in an older part of the structure making it difficult, expensive and uneccessary to fully modernise.
Just look at the Glasgow stadium thread to see why one is 5 star stadium and one is not. 5 stars gives you a chance of hosting a European final.

Celtic Park's main stand is awful, it looks stupid and is very poor quality. The whole stadium was built on the cheap. £29 million for the whole thing. Rangers spent over £20 million on one area of one stand (the Club Deck).
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:45 PM   #71
Iain1974

Quote:
Just look at the Glasgow stadium thread to see why one is 5 star stadium and one is not. 5 stars gives you a chance of hosting a European final.

Celtic Park's main stand is awful, it looks stupid and is very poor quality. The whole stadium was built on the cheap. £29 million for the whole thing. Rangers spent over £20 million on one area of one stand (the Club Deck).
Do Celtic have any plans, even if only long term to replace the old main stand?
Iain1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM   #72
bubomb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain1974
Do Celtic have any plans, even if only long term to replace the old main stand?

No, but they do have plans to replace the other 3. It was built so cheaply than they spend a huge amount of money on repairs each year. The 3 new stands only have a shelf life of 20 years, so in about 15 years time they will need to rebuild them.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 12:37 AM   #73
pacorro
BANNED

Spain could host it but we hosted the world cup in 1982, I'm afraid it is to soon to try to repeat it again. What about a EuroCup?

Camp Nou (Barcelona): 98.000
Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid): 80.000
La Cartuja (Sevilla): 72.000
Ruiz de Lopera (Sevilla): 62.000
Vicente Calderón (Madrid): 57.000
Olimpico (Barcelona): 56.000
Ramón Sanchez Pizjuán (Sevilla): 55.000
Mestalla (Valencia): 53.000
San Mamés (Bilbao): 39.000
Martinez Valero (Elche): 38.000
Riazor (La Coruña): 35.000
La Romareda (Zaragoza): 34.000
pacorro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:08 AM   #74
MoreOrLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomca
I'd guess a far bit of leway is given when needed, most obviously the Ernst Happel stadium has the 5 star rating it needs to host the 2008 european championship final dispite being over a thousand under the 50k minium for that rating.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:10 AM   #75
MoreOrLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacorro
Spain could host it but we hosted the world cup in 1982, I'm afraid it is to soon to try to repeat it again. What about a EuroCup?

I'm very supprized they didnt enter the bidding for the last two european championships, euro 2008 doesnt exactly have a great stadium lineup afterall.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 02:38 AM   #76
kingdomca

Quote:

Yes but its rather unlikely Ibrox will ever host a final as I believe any final brought to Glasgow will go to Hampden.

Anyway, why is the spirit of scottish sport so negative and sad these days.

Rangers and celtic fans just live to hate the other club, most other scots hate them both, all scots seem to unite to hope for bad things for England.

No one seems to really support anything in a positive sense. Probably because the league is poor, the national football team even worse, the rugby team a farce.

The administrators seem utterly incompetent. wasting money they dont have on a national stadium they dont need just because thats they way its done in England in completly different circumstances.

Sharing, as other small countries with few events do? forget it. This is scotland.
ideas to improve games and competition. forget it.
Talent development? what, come on this is scotland. No need for skill.

The image of scottish sport is ever more that of a talentless clumsy clueless individual staggerring around a muddy field in poring rain. Fans focusing on others losing as there is nothing worth supporting.

Highlights in 2006 for scotland will be:

Rugby:
6-nations, the usual battle to hope to finish second from bottom rather than dead last.
Summer tour of defeats in all games
this is repeated for the autumn internationals with some opponents only bothering to field reserve sides these days to beat scotland in their own empty Murrayfield echoing with apathy.

Football:
hoping to achieve a few draws in euro qualifiers against other small struggling east- european teams.
the usual festival of bigotry at the great Glasgow derbies before both teams usually go out of europe very early as they enter actual skill based competitions.
And the biggest event of all. Getting ready for the world cup and hope England lose. That will be some party for scotland.
kingdomca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:15 AM   #77
FCB_Flo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess
I'm very supprized they didnt enter the bidding for the last two european championships, euro 2008 doesnt exactly have a great stadium lineup afterall.
Actually they were in competition for the euro 2004...
FCB_Flo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:33 AM   #78
matherto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYU
I think lots of countries can host a World Cup. For example.
Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, USA, France, England, Spain, Italy, Holland?, Portugal?, Sweden?, Norway?, Russia?, Poland?, Ireland, Japan, Korea, China, South Africa. This are the countries I consider taht are prepare to host a World Cup.
Argentina: NO, couldn't do it, no money and Stadiums are rubbish already
Brazil: NO, though they'll get 2014 anyway
Colombia: Maybe, plenty of new stadiums in planning
Mexico: Probably Not, Had 2 already
Holland: Modern stadiums already built, too small for a World Cup
Portugal: Same as Holland, just held Euro 2004
Sweden: No, even with Rasunda rebuilt, rest of stadiums are rubbish and teams have no supporters in 50,000 seat stadiums
Norway: Same as Sweden, minus Rasunda
Russia: noticed several stadiums under planning, no support however
Poland: Just no
Ireland: Couldn't use Croke Park, small teams with small support
Japan & Korea: Yes, but held 2002
China: Yes, but they've got Olympics
South Africa: 2010
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:36 AM   #79
matherto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacorro

Martinez Valero possibly replaced by La Rosaleda in Malaga?
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:09 AM   #80
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Riazor needs a little touch up.
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
olympics