daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #161
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

If Sochi will not get 2014 - possibility for Moscow for 2016 will be high (but Dubai higher), if not 2016, then posibility of Saint Petersburg for 2020 will be very high. It going to be Dubai in 2016 for sure, but 2020 will be hard challenge between American and Eastern European cities. Posibilities of Russia growing with every bid.

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #162
neil

Likes (Received): 281

I think Manchester UK should get the Olympic games one day. As the city is the fore founder of the Paralympic World Cup which started last year and is running every year in Manchester up to 2008 beijing. I know London as the games for 2012, but may be 20 years later or so.

Anyway check out the website: Paralympic World Cup
neil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #163
Fallout
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Likes (Received): 1338

2016-Cape Town
2020-Warsaw
2024-Rio de Janeiro
2028-Delhi
2032-Moscow
2036-New York
2040-Dubai
2044-Prague
2048-Buenos Aires
2052-Hong Kong

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
― Hermann Göring

The monster never dies, no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form.
― William J. Blazkowicz
Fallout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:18 PM   #164
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
If Sochi will not get 2014 - possibility for Moscow for 2016 will be high (but Dubai higher), if not 2016, then posibility of Saint Petersburg for 2020 will be very high. It going to be Dubai in 2016 for sure, but 2020 will be hard challenge between American and Eastern European cities. Posibilities of Russia growing with every bid.
omw what planet u living on?..dubai dont want the olympics..females dont compete..they send 5 athletes to the olympica games..their sports culture isnt too great...the temperatures are ridiculous and they have little to no relationship with the IOC...welcome back to earth...
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #165
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

I agree with Mo Rush, Dubai could'nt hold the olympics.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #166
coth
pride leader

what on earth you living as well thiking cape town has chances. everything could change tommorow or in few years, for dubai, with such amount of money is not problem to make something special in venues. like conditioning roads for sprinters, fully closed huge stadiums...
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #167
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 4931

Are you guys talking about Summer Olympics or Winter? Because there are criterias that need to be meet for the Winter Games.

Like having a mountain with snow near you

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #168
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

coth,
It's supposed to be a "summer olympics" not indoor airconditioned olympics? I really can't see Dubai holding the games because of the extreme temperatures experienced there. I remember they were worried Sydney would be too hot, thats why they moved the games to a cooler part of the year. Don't get me wrong, in a few years time Dubai would be capable of hosting an olympics (infrastructure wise) it's just the climate which would hold it back.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #169
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 4931

For the Summer Games follow this Dating System:

From 2000-2012 Already Set:
XXVII. 2000 Sydney
XXVIII. 2004 Athens
XXIX. 2008 Beijing
XXX. 2012 London

2016-???? Your Prediction:

Winter Games:

From 2002-2010 Already Set:
XIX. 2002 Salt Lake City
XX. 2006 Turin
XXI. 2010 Vancouver

XXII. 2014 Contenders:
Almaty (KAZ)
Borjomi (GEO)
Jaca (ESP)
Pyeongchang (KOR)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sochi (RUS)
Sofia (BUL)

In my view the 2014 Winter Games are Korean

2018-???? Your Prediction

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #170
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza
coth,
It's supposed to be a "summer olympics" not indoor airconditioned olympics? I really can't see Dubai holding the games because of the extreme temperatures experienced there. I remember they were worried Sydney would be too hot, thats why they moved the games to a cooler part of the year. Don't get me wrong, in a few years time Dubai would be capable of hosting an olympics (infrastructure wise) it's just the climate which would hold it back.
supposed or should be? geopolitical center is changing, as well as influence in international organisations.

but how about winter olympic games? it's really very hard for people from tropics visit them. middle east deserve own games. and sometimes it will happen.
Old February 14th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #171
michal-skoczen

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look
2020-Warsaw
Taknks, but I think that it would be Hong-Kong 2020 and Wasaw 2052 instead of Warsaw 2020 and Hong-Kong 2052 Maybe Wasaw 2028, 2032
Old February 14th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #172
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
what on earth you living as well thiking cape town has chances. everything could change tommorow or in few years, for dubai, with such amount of money is not problem to make something special in venues. like conditioning roads for sprinters, fully closed huge stadiums...
my comment was not meant to attack ur opinion that dubai shud host the games..but dubai certainly wont be hosting the summer games unless it grows its sporting culture..and apart from that..gets some recognition with the IOC which takes years...the question is not whether financially dubai can host the games...will the IOC award the games to dubai 2040? yeah maybe in 30 years..but not in the near future...

cape town actually has a chance...the IOC is making a move to bring the games to africa and south america..this is a strategic move...a south african IOC member a part of the london 2012 evaluation commission has also recently been added to the IOC executive board..and cape town placing third for the 2004 games has helped it gain tremendous credibility within the IOC...

can dubai host the games in terms of finances, infrastructure lets say 2032? yes im sure they could pay for it all..will women and men compete in different venues?? will women compete for the UAE? temperature? legacy? attendance?

will the IOC actually awards the games to dubai?...thats an entirely different question and IMO the answer is NO...olympic culture, legacy, and a decent sized olympic team (i.e. more than a handful of athletes)...these are all things that count before the IOC even looks at other aspects...again this is my opinion...and dubai although they have shown no interest to do so., may bid if they like, nobody is stopping them...
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #173
coth
pride leader

You missing - we talking about 2016. Not about 2006. Promises, visible heap of greens and astonishing view from hotel room over city is only IOC need now London proved it
Old February 15th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #174
premier
I love Piotrkowska ;*

Likes (Received): 46

I hope poland is going to host summer olimpics in 20's or in 30's.

premier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 02:39 AM   #175
Grollo
Developer

Likes (Received): 1015

Australia will definately host the games again within the next 50 years, since we are one of the most signfiicant Olympic nations (based on team size, number of medals, public support and excellent record hosting two of the best Olympic Games). The next Olypmic Games in Australia will be held in Melbourne because Sydney had them last time :-)
Old February 16th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #176
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Or Brisbane, because Melbourne has hosted them already...........
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #177
HumbleBumble

Likes (Received): 0

2016 New York
2020 Paris
2024 Kuala Lumpur
2028 Rio
2032 Istanbul
2036 Wellington
2040 Toronto
2044 Berlin
2048 Dubai
2052 Cape Town
2056 San Francisco
2060 Vienna
HumbleBumble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #178
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza

Or Brisbane, because Melbourne has hosted them already...........
I agree
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #179
LibertyTwo
nohup rm -rf */*

I have never been a fan of the games in a large city.....like NYC or London or Moscow....I think NYC especially will just be too congested unless they built out near Flushing

that being said, I am going to contradict myself here:

Sydney
Aspen
are two cities that quickly come to mind
Old February 19th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #180
Samuel64
SUPP YAWWWL

2016- Los Angeles
2020- Bangkok
2024- Paris
2028- Dubai