daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Rate Our Talls > Rate Our Skylines

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Rate Louisville!
10 31 10.65%
9.5 17 5.84%
9 19 6.53%
8.5 23 7.90%
8 34 11.68%
7.5 30 10.31%
7 48 16.49%
6.5 17 5.84%
6 22 7.56%
5.5 6 2.06%
5 8 2.75%
4.5 1 0.34%
4 6 2.06%
3.5 10 3.44%
3 or less 19 6.53%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:15 AM   #21
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielbender
One of my favorite skylines for a city it's size. I think Lexington has moved past it with regard to population.
No, Louisville is much higher now ever since they merged the city with the county.
Wu-Gambino no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:15 AM   #22
skylover
Slightly Paranoid

Likes (Received): 1

The skyline is surprisingly good for a midsized city.
7/10
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM   #23
Cardpooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglander
P.S. Any plans to get rid of the freeway between downtown and the river?!??!!!????
There were some preliminary discussions in the mid '90's to reroute the expressway South of downtown. It was decided that this would be too expensive and destroy even more historical buildings. Instead, the city invested millions into a park which is actually built partially underneath the expressway (just off to the East). This works well because on hot days you can park your car in the shade of the elevated expressway!

The park is also a success with the way it blends with the expressway. The freeway is like a kinetic sculpture that has been wrapped around a green oasis. It sounds strange but when standing at the river, the distant humm of vehicles almost sounds "relaxing" like the constant sound of a stream or waterfall. Whereas many city parks try to block out urbanity, this one blends seamlessly with it.

I'll try to get some pics soon.
Cardpooch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:48 AM   #24
pawsum

Likes (Received): 0

Pretty impressive. All it needs is one really distinctive supertall or relatively-tall (like the Bank of America Tower in Charlotte, NC) and it will be one of the best skylines for a city of its size.
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:21 PM   #25
Cardpooch

Here are a few skyline pics from Waterfront Park including Louisville's newest highrise, Waterfront Park Place.

Cardpooch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:35 AM   #26
Dark Star

Likes (Received):

Yaeh Cardpooch! How bout them 6's and 7's now folks? Waterfront Park Place has to make it at least a 7 easy huh!? The 18 story Mariott is topped out now. The 15 story Frazer rehab center is just starting to reach the sky. I'm gona give the ole home town an 8.
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:04 AM   #27
JTS LOU
BOOMIN

1 of my favoriites 8/10 needs some taller like in Charlotte
city-720,000
CSA- 1,375,000

Last edited by JTS LOU; February 11th, 2006 at 05:39 PM.
JTS LOU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #28
digili_man
timmy

cool bldgs, skyline isnt that big though.
digili_man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM   #29
detroitboy04

Likes (Received):

With the new population of 700,000 the city will truly blossom!! Louisville recently got a new department store, Von Maur and hopefully can get a Saks Fifth Avenue to cater the snobby community!!
Old August 31st, 2004, 11:03 PM   #30
joshgekko

Love the bridge at night.
joshgekko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:11 AM   #31
gych
BANNED

City pop for Louisville is over 700,000 making it the 16th largest in the US. The Louisville CSA is 41st at 1.35 million. People referring to it as a "small" city obviously haven't been there. Or perhaps that stereotype will never die until the city gets a pro sports team.
gych no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM   #32
DallasTexan

Likes (Received): 3

I tell you what, gych - I (and the other Birmingham forumers) propose an alliance with Louisville so we both can attack Nashville and divvy up the spoils - We can have the Titans and you're more than welcome to the Predators
DallasTexan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:52 PM   #33
gych
BANNED

yeah, nashville sucks. So does Indy. they ar eboring chain havens. Give me soul and culture any day. It is just a trend, Birmingham and Louisville are rising, and when the trend reverses and people see the value of old neighborhoods and historic architecture, B ham and Louisville will thrive. For now, the cities need to get their name out, and pro sports does it....even though I could give a DAMN about pro sports. Its so good for a city though as far as branding. The average Joe would group Louisville or Bham with Des moines or wichita or knoxville or lexington, etc. All us urbanites know, however, Louisville and Bham are a Nashville or Jacksonville without pro sports!!!!
Old September 2nd, 2004, 11:56 PM   #34
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 109

Yawn, there you go again saying Indy doesn't have any soul.
Wu-Gambino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:26 AM   #35
Ashram

5/10 It's got a nice compact skyline. I'd give it more if it had a some taller stuff. It's alot better than some cities of it's size though.
Ashram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:36 AM   #36
Jules

Likes (Received): 37

Very nice, underrated city. 8.5.
Jules no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:40 AM   #37
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gych
yeah, nashville sucks. So does Indy. they ar eboring chain havens. Give me soul and culture any day. It is just a trend, Birmingham and Louisville are rising, and when the trend reverses and people see the value of old neighborhoods and historic architecture, B ham and Louisville will thrive. For now, the cities need to get their name out, and pro sports does it....even though I could give a DAMN about pro sports. Its so good for a city though as far as branding. The average Joe would group Louisville or Bham with Des moines or wichita or knoxville or lexington, etc. All us urbanites know, however, Louisville and Bham are a Nashville or Jacksonville without pro sports!!!!
Indy, no soul? :wierdo:

I love Indy, great city, and it's certainly got "soul."
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:54 PM   #38
VanillaVille
AIDS still kills!

Location: Short North, Columbus, Ohio, United States, Earth, Milky Way, Endless Universe

WTF!!!!!

Louisville has a nice skyline and everything, but 60th best in the world!? Did you see on the real-time list how many much better skylines are ranked behind it? Fifteen 10 votes!? Thirteen 9.5 votes!? That's ridiculous!

I think that the Louisville boys must have called all of their friends and had them log in to this website just to vote Louisville up. Oh well, whatever insecurities cause someone to do that aren't my concern. I'll leave that to them and their therapist.

But seriously, looking at Louisville as compared to every other city in the world, I'd give it a 6.5. It's a nice little skyline and slightly above average.

Although, as a perfect bit of justice against these 9.5 & 10 homers ruining our city skylines ranking, maybe we should call all of our friends and have them vote 3.5 & 4 (since 3 or less doesn't show up on the average score) for Louisville to bring it more in line with where it should be.
VanillaVille no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:31 AM   #39
gych
BANNED

well thats your opinion, but ppl worldwide think very highly of the skyline so get over it man. shit, no one ever wants to throw this city a bone. If there was cheating, the city would be banned. There is definitely not cheating and no reason to cheat in this way. Hate on us all u want, i dont give a F*#$. But honestly, dont accuse us of this bullshit, that pisses me off.
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #40
Jules

I like. 8.